PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a crouch option in ac4

andreycvetov
06-12-2013, 08:14 PM
On the gameplay we saw edward come out of some bushesh while stiil crouching,so that opens the question are we having the crouch as an option?Every time he exits his hiding spot he stays crouched for about 6 seconds and a half-both of the times.So is the crouch only for a restricted period of 6 seconds after exiting hiding spot, or we can execute it whenever we want?Thanks!

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Crouching is a very large source of speculation now it seems. We do know that Edward does have a crouching animation that is different from the generic stalking zone animation, so there are two possibilities. One is that you can actually crouch manually. The other is that you automatically crouch low to the ground after being in a stalking zone or whenever in a restricted area. However, the decision of ubisoft is not final. Darby said on twitter in response to a question on whether crouching would be in by saying "we are testing new things....". So that could mean that they are still deciding based on button layout, fan reaction and demand, and whether they feel it would work or not. Based on how much the Internet wants crouching, and since they already have the animation for it, I would say there is a very good chance that crouching will be in the final game.

dex3108
06-13-2013, 08:12 PM
There won't be manual crouching option UbiGabe answered today.

AidenPixxel
06-13-2013, 08:18 PM

source?

the_atm
06-13-2013, 08:49 PM
*faceplam* crouching would defeat the purpose of "social stealth" because it wouldn't be social anymore... it would just be stealth and that's not what the assassin's are about...

Wolfmeister1010
06-13-2013, 08:50 PM

Give us the source man

Wolfmeister1010
06-13-2013, 08:55 PM
*faceplam* crouching would defeat the purpose of "social stealth" because it wouldn't be social anymore... it would just be stealth and that's not what the assassin's are about...

Absolute bullcrap. AC became less about social stealth and more about environmental stealth aver since they decided to place a game in the frickin frontier, and even more so now that 2/3 of AC4 takes place in the jungles and at sea. Even if the game only took place in cities, there are still tons of places where crouching would be effective, like in the forts, on rooftops, and in alleyways. Look at watch dogs. It takes place in ****ing Chicago, which is 1000 times more crowded than 18th century Havana, and they still have crouching in the game.

Ubisoft knows that it isn't just about social Stealth anymore, otherwise they wouldn't have put in stalking zones. Now all we want is to be able to lower oursleves to the ground without a linearly placed bush. Its not that much to ask. They already have the animation and the programming. Now they only need to assign it to the analogue stick. Nobody uses set to default view anyway.

I'm not saying that it is not about social stealth anymore, I am saying that regular stealth is becoming increasingly important

Bashilir
06-13-2013, 09:45 PM

Lolololol. So, that means there's social stealth out in the wilderness in a jungle?

K.

EDIT: Could you post the link of where UbiGabe said that? Can't find it.

ProletariatPleb
06-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Yes because we need to blend in with all the people in the forests.

Hey when was the last time social stealth was used in AC3?

Farlander1991
06-13-2013, 10:06 PM
It takes place in ****ing Chicago, which is 1000 times more crowded than 18th century Havana, and they still have crouching in the game.

Judging by gameplay videos, though, crouching in Watch Dogs is restricted to red restricted zones (which have no civilians) and is not a controllable action. I.e. when the character gets into a restricted zone he automatically goes into crouch mode. Honestly, I would be totally fine with something like that in AC4 with restricted zones without civilians (like forts, for example).

They already have the animation and the programming. Now they only need to assign it to the analogue stick.

Well, they have the animation, but you can't be certain for programming and what they have exactly. It's more complex than just 'crouch like in stalking zones when pressing the stick', because of how contextual all actions in AC are and that crouching mode has to interact with a lot more systems.

Hey when was the last time social stealth was used in AC3?

The mission where we tail and eavesdrop Hickey's mercenaries. :rolleyes: Though, yes, social stealth is pretty much the most undersued gameplay aspect in AC3.

Wolfmeister1010
06-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Judging by gameplay videos, though, crouching in Watch Dogs is restricted to red restricted zones (which have no civilians) and is not a controllable action. I.e. when the character gets into a restricted zone he automatically goes into crouch mode. Honestly, I would be totally fine with something like that in AC4 with restricted zones without civilians (like forts, for example).

Nope. Remember the demo of watch dogs early this year when he was chasing that criminal? He crouched right in a parking lot in the middle of a civillian infested zone. Honestly, what is ubisoft trying to prove. Are they just trying to spite us? Still waiting on that link on ubigabe, someone better put it up.

There would have to be a TON of restricted areas for ubisoft to decide it is worth it to do that.

ubidreamz
06-14-2013, 03:16 AM
I agree with this 100%. I know that when you are in an urban population that it looks weird when you are crouching, but there are times like in an alley, hiding behind a wagon or boxes, and ESPECIALLY on the rooftops where it would have been really nice to just push my thumbstick down and crouch. Even if you don't need it, sometimes it's just nice to do it anyways to feel like a boss. Example of this is Batman Arkham City. I would never just walk up behind somebody, I would like to crouch and go over to them to feel like a badass. Plus this game is not going to be taken place in a 100% urban population. It's going to be taking place in jungles and forests and not cities. I think the whole thing where you have to be in a patch of bushes it ******** and not a good idea at all, and I am sure many other people agree with that. All we want is to be able to crouch when we want to, of our own free will. Is there like a petition to sign to get this put in to the game? Because I have been waiting since the first AC game for this feature and it has never come. So c'mon Ubisoft, just give it to us.

salman147
06-14-2013, 07:17 AM
Ubisoft doesn't care about us anymore.They think what ever they decide is best.No matter how bad the review scores are,as long as they get more sales they'll keep being selfish.I say,we boycott them and show them what it means to ignore their fans!

roostersrule2
06-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Ubisoft doesn't care about us anymore.They think what ever they decide is best.No matter how bad the review scores are,as long as they get more sales they'll keep being selfish.I say,we boycott them and show them what it means to ignore their fans!Well that's an overreaction.

Farlander1991
06-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Nope. Remember the demo of watch dogs early this year when he was chasing that criminal? He crouched right in a parking lot in the middle of a civillian infested zone. Honestly, what is ubisoft trying to prove.

Can you give a link to the video and where exactly this is? Because I haven't seen him crouching in an area that wasn't marked red on the mini-map - maximum slightly hunching when in battle mode and he's getting fired at (and getting behind cover during same shootouts, both of which is not crouching).