PDA

View Full Version : AC4 No hood control confirmed

ProletariatPleb
06-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah so whoever was wondering about the hood being controllable, better luck next time.

https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/344748512644329472

"We control it. The hood goes up/down based on narrative queues. There's no hood toggle button or anything like that."

Mr_Shade
06-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Least you guys now know, even if it's not what you wanted.

Bashilir
06-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Read a little lower.
Sean T ‏@CockneyCharmer 6h
@assassinscreed @ZeroHunt_X Have to admit, ever since #ACII have always wanted the option to control the Hood #FanboyWish

Then...
@CockneyCharmer @ZeroHunt_X And that's fair, so we'd love to give it to you, but it would mean sacrificing something else.

So, one of two things. 1. It's something brand new that's awesome. Or, 2. It's something already we have but we don't realize what button it would have to be on(more than likely 1.)

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Would have been nice but im none to fazed by it ! i am still going to enjoy Black Flag ! :)

I-Like-Pie45
06-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Good

character customization is stupid

so stupid it makes ayn rand seem smart by comparison

Bashilir
06-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Good

character customization is stupid

so stupid it makes ayn rand seem smart by comparison

wat

Mr_Shade
06-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Would have been nice but im none to fazed by it ! i am still going to enjoy Black Flag ! :)
indeed.

Would have been nice, but how many people would really use it - if they had to remove something?

Bashilir
06-12-2013, 04:36 PM
indeed.

Would have been nice, but how many people would really use it - if they had to remove something?

Depends what they remove.. Does anyone actually use fastwalk? That instant-camera-move-to-default-view button? Hm??

I-Like-Pie45
06-12-2013, 04:36 PM
wat

I cannot emotionally connect to these gaming characters when you can control what they do.

That's why I hate RPGs like Elder Scrolls - there's too much user customization of the character. What the hell do they want us to do in RPGs - create a role for us to play? Preposterous.

Keep customization crap out of AC. It belongs as little as other irrelevant and out of place parts of the franchise like assassinations and climbable buildings.

projectpat06
06-12-2013, 04:38 PM
That's kind of a load of BS imo. They never had to map it to one button during real time in the game. We all know the buttons are being used to max capacity. We've simply asked they put it as a toggle in the menu or in the weapon wheel screen/ menu. You hold L2 to pull up the weapon wheel and press select to toggle the hood on/off.

Bashilir
06-12-2013, 04:38 PM
I cannot emotionally connect to these gaming characters when you can control what they do.

That's why I hate RPGs like Elder Scrolls - there's too much user customization of the character. What the hell do they want us to do in RPGs - create a role for us to play? Preposterous.

Keep customization crap out of AC. It belongs as little as other irrelevant and out of place parts of the franchise like assassinations and climbable buildings.

Not sure if you're serious but I dislike character upgrades. Like, if I want to use 4 flintlocks, DON'T MAKE ME "LEVEL UP" TO GET IT DESE IS RIDICULOUS

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2013, 04:39 PM
indeed.

Would not have made the slightest difference to me in all honesty and i certainly would not use it i would proberbly forget about the feature as i will be so imersed in Black Flags beautiful locations :D

Mr_Shade
06-12-2013, 04:40 PM
That's kind of a load of BS imo. They never had to map it to one button during real time of the game. We all know the buttons are being used to max capacity. We've simply asked they put it as toggle in the menu or in the weapon wheel screen/ menu. You hold L2 to pull up the weapon wheel and press select to toggle the hood on/off.
Like they say - they have reasons - I am sure they thought of the ways to change it - it maynot be purely down to lack of space for a button..

Would not have made the slightest difference to me in all honesty and i certainly would not use it i would proberbly forget about the feature as i will be so imersed in Black Flags beautiful locations :D

It looks lovely.. esp on PS4 / PC etc :)

x___Luffy___x
06-12-2013, 04:40 PM
a little disappointed .

or better yet give it on PC . we have enough free keys :)

Bashilir
06-12-2013, 04:45 PM
a little disappointed .

or better yet give it on PC . we have enough free keys :)

:l The amount of Anarchy from that would kill us all.

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Like they say - they have reasons - I am sure they thought of the ways to change it - it maynot be purely down to lack of space for a button..

It looks lovely.. esp on PS4 / PC etc :)

I am almost certainly going to be cancelling my XBOX ONE pre order to be honest ! i think the last 2 days have really helped me make my mind up !
i will be falling into the arms of the PS4 ! :)

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2013, 04:52 PM
I care more about crouching than taking off my hood. Also, youve seen gamelay that proves that you can equip a plain outfit for roaming beaches and stuff where Edward has no hood, let alone his assassin atire.

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2013, 04:55 PM
I care more about crouching than taking off my hood. Also, youve seen gamelay that proves that you can equip a plain outfit for roaming beaches and stuff where Edward has no hood, let alone his assassin atire.

This !! i totaly agree !

projectpat06
06-12-2013, 05:07 PM

The automatic queues could still work for it being up and down so that wouldn't have to be sacrificed. With the animations already there and an option that doesn't require the use of one the buttons during gameplay realtime, what would you have to sacrifice exactly? Just seems like a poor excuse much like the lack of holsters for the pistols on edward's hips.

deskp
06-12-2013, 05:26 PM
What? they won't do it cause the controller doesent have a button for it?! These forums already said they could make it a menu option.

And we've suggested a skin with the hood down.. If they have that, now would be the time to tell us!

Hopefully he automatically keeps his dood down in alot of palces similar to Connors homestead.