PDA

View Full Version : Possible returning features

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 01:21 PM
There are a few features from AC3 that we still haven't heard will be returning in AC4. These include:

-Guilds/clubs: will we have challenges to complete like in previous games? Are there different groups of people we can recruit to help us? (Other than courtesans.)

-Fast travel: the devs have said the viewpoints in AC4 now function as fast-travel points, but haven't gone into specifics. In AC3 all you had to do was choose a mission marker and you would fast travel there. Has this changed in AC4? Do the viewpoints work more like the old fast-travel systems (like the tunnels in ACB)?

-Speaking of fast-travel: will we be forced to trudge through endless, boring underground mazes to unlock stuff?

-Clearing the map: will viewpoints be more useful than they were in AC3 or do we have to run around every inch of the landscape to unfog the map?

-Economy: will there be restrictions on how, when and where we can buy equipment? In ACB and ACR we had Templar-controlled areas where shops had to be unlocked. In AC3 we had taxation which caused prices to go up unless you cleared some trading routes. Will there be similar restrictions in AC4 or perhaps something new?

-Crafting: will it serve more of a purpose this time? For example can we discover parts for a new weapon or an upgrade to the Jackdaw and craft it ourselves, instead of just sending stuff overseas?

Which features would you like to see return, improved upon or dropped?

MaPk0
06-12-2013, 02:47 PM
All i want to come back in AC4 is ambient music, better stealth gameplay, and of course more tomb missions :D

Aphex_Tim
06-12-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm hoping if crafting returns it'll be more like Far Cry 3. In that game the crafting was actually useful and necessary.

Also, I'm curious to see how the economy system will work. I imagine you'll get quite some loot when plundering another ship which would be compensated by expensive upgrades and repairs to your own ship(s).