PDA

View Full Version : Some new gameplay!!

AidenPixxel
06-12-2013, 09:22 AM
http://www.frequency.com/video/gameplay-demo-footage-e3-assassins-creed/101118640/-/5-2769

silvermercy
06-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks!

Tree-parkour!

(And now I wonder why it skipped generations when it comes to Haytham... lol)

ProletariatPleb
06-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Nevermind, this is slightly different.

Legendz54
06-12-2013, 09:30 AM
woah.... They surprise me every time... all that tree running crap has been put to rest.. its there and it looks exactly like AC3.

Legendz54
06-12-2013, 09:35 AM
http://youtu.be/pZGX-4mTLKU

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Animus fragments....interesting

pacmanate
06-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks!

Tree-parkour!

(And now I wonder why it skipped generations when it comes to Haytham... lol)

Because Haytham was 8 when his dad died and he lived in London when he was a kid so A)Too young to learn B)His dad died C)He is in London.

silvermercy
06-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Because Haytham was 8 when his dad died and he lived in London when he was a kid so A)Too young to learn B)His dad died C)He is in London.
... or Templars just can't tree-run. Tree of Life and all... Hmm... I think I'm onto something here...

andreG1ant
06-12-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm not one to usually care about graphics but with how ACIII ran on current gen, how bad is this going to run on my current Xbox 360? I know that they are showing off next-gen and all...but can't help but think: ''This is going to run real crap''

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm not one to usually care about graphics but with how ACIII ran on current gen, how bad is this going to run on my current Xbox 360? I know that they are showing off next-gen and all...but can't help but think: ''This is going to run real crap''
AC III wasn't THAT crap running on Current-gen...just a few notches dropped in frame rate occasionally in cities...I imagine it`ll be the same here....(of course without all of the next gen effects present in the demo like the smoke, AA, textures, tessellation ..etc)

If you really want the ideal experience in performance and graphics, you`re either gonna have to get a powerful PC or just go for next gen..

pacmanate
06-12-2013, 10:42 AM
... or Templars just can't tree-run. Tree of Life and all... Hmm... I think I'm onto something here...

... I don't.....

ProletariatPleb
06-12-2013, 10:45 AM
I've put it on youtube for ease:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78HMSWhuMME

silvermercy
06-12-2013, 10:46 AM
... I don't.....
lol?

ACfan443
06-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Can someone upload it to youtube? The site doesn't work on phone.

EDIT: never mind

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Wow based sof that Naval Video i must say the Jackdaw handles pretty well on its sharp turns.

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2013, 12:05 PM
I've put it on youtube for ease:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78HMSWhuMME

Well suffice to say the tree running debates have been put to bed lol ! in all honesty it does make sense for Edward to be able to tree run for the sole purpose of Jungle exploration in the game and lets not forget the fact that Pirates were very adoptive climbers.

AherasSTRG
06-12-2013, 12:10 PM
This video almost made me cry of excitement... But, then again... AC3 in E3, AC3 in release... and no release date for the PC... Too many things holding me back...

Legendz54
06-12-2013, 12:26 PM
havana reminds me so much of AC1 i dont know why.

prince162010
06-12-2013, 12:35 PM
havana reminds me so much of AC1 i dont know why.

yeah it reminds me too' maybe because it's similar to city of damascus >> some kind

lothario-da-be
06-12-2013, 12:37 PM
this video made me more hyped then the e3 demo we already saw.

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Man, I really wanna see the full demo of this. That temple looks amazing, and it does look like there are several ways you can tackle the situation (going in and slaughtering everyone or the stealthy way). Tree-running seems to really fit with the environment.

I still don't like how Edward is leaning to the side in all these demos. I hope it won't be like that in the game.

Edit: Dem leaves at 0:20. :eek:

ProletariatPleb
06-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Man, I really wanna see the full demo of this. That temple looks amazing, and it does look like there are several ways you can tackle the situation (going in and slaughtering everyone or the stealthy way). Tree-running seems to really fit with the environment.

I still don't like how Edward is leaning to the side in all these demos. I hope it won't be like that in the game.
Leaning to the side?

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Leaning to the side?

I mean that the camera isn't centered. It could be the reticule effect, but I don't see a reticule anywhere whenever they show him off to the side of the screen.

catkiller97
06-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Leaning to the side?

Edward is drunk :P

silvermercy
06-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Edward is drunk :P
Seems legit.
The more drinks he has the more he will be leaning. At 10 beers he just drops on the ground. ;p

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Seems legit.
The more drinks he has the more he will be leaning. At 10 beers he just drops on the ground. ;p

Like in RDR? That would be hilarious.

silvermercy
06-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Like in RDR? That would be hilarious.
LOL! Oh come on Ubi! We need to see Edward falling flat on his face!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DekGrnGJxlA

ProletariatPleb
06-12-2013, 12:57 PM
I mean that the camera isn't centered. It could be the reticule effect, but I don't see a reticule anywhere whenever they show him off to the side of the screen.
I don't know it seems centered enough, and you can hide the reticule, lol

And yeah the leaves, AC finally looks like a proper AAA game, no ******** 2D trees like III.

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 01:00 PM
I don't know it seems centered enough, and you can hide the reticule, lol

And yeah the leaves, AC finally looks like a proper AAA game, no ******** 2D trees like III.

In the part where he's freerunning it looks centered, but at the beginning of the demos he always starts off to the side. It could be just for effect, of course.

DisbandedBox359
06-12-2013, 01:34 PM
mayan temple looks cool, guess haytham drew the short straw when it comes to tree running haha

Ureh
06-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Everything looks great so far. I'm more hyped now than I was for AC3, so they seem to be pulling the right strings.

edit:

AC III wasn't THAT crap running on Current-gen...just a few notches dropped in frame rate occasionally in cities...I imagine it`ll be the same here....(of course without all of the next gen effects present in the demo like the smoke, AA, textures, tessellation ..etc)

If you really want the ideal experience in performance and graphics, you`re either gonna have to get a powerful PC or just go for next gen..

The view distance for AC3 (ps3 version) compared to older games is worse by a long shot. The boats, trees, lands, buildings, etc were all pixelated.

Mr_Shade
06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
In the part where he's freerunning it looks centered, but at the beginning of the demos he always starts off to the side. It could be just for effect, of course.
maybe due to it being a 'follow' mission - so you have a clear view of your target [with the auto camera]

Or I maybe talking outa my parrot..

Oh the the vegetation.. I'm a sucker for next gen leaves ;)

Soulid_Snake
06-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Has anyone got a link to an extended play of Havana? The best I could find is a 1 min segement. Game does certainly look gorgeous on the PS4.

TheDanteEX
06-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Did anyone notice Edward shooting the treasure hunter with some kind of dart causing him to start attacking the others? At least that's what it looked like to me.

prince162010
06-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Did anyone notice Edward shooting the treasure hunter with some kind of dart causing him to start attacking the others? At least that's what it looked like to me.

yeah i noticed that it's the blowpipe very cool weapon :cool:

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 07:19 PM

I heard the darts have some kind of "berserker" poison that causes the victim to attack his allies. In past games the flailing was always accidental and the guards never fought back, but in AC4 it seems more deliberate. One article mentioned the possibility of making your assassination target go berserk and have his own bodyguards kill him for you (since they think he's going to kill them).

WalSwJan
06-12-2013, 09:24 PM
https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/344905653669736448/photo/1
Maybe, just maybe we'll see that demo (if it even is a new one) too because it doesn't seem to be behind closed doors.

Bashilir
06-12-2013, 09:39 PM
https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/344905653669736448/photo/1
Maybe, just maybe we'll see that demo (if it even is a new one) too because it doesn't seem to be behind closed doors.

That's the one we saw at the conference. I can make Edward leaning over talking to that lady sitting at the bench.

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 10:54 PM
The view distance for AC3 (ps3 version) compared to older games is worse by a long shot. The boats, trees, lands, buildings, etc were all pixelated.
The view distance isn't worse, not really...it appears as such, because of the amount of rendered grass. that wasn't present in previous AC`s...or at least not as much, especially since it didn't react to other rendered models either....if you look at BUILDINGS, you`ll see that the view distance is A LOT better in AC III....because i`m sorry, i simply don`t believe what you say about structures being worse than before......that`s just not possible

pacmanate
06-12-2013, 10:56 PM
The view distance isn't worse, not really...it appears as such, because of the amount of rendered grass. that wasn't present in previous AC`s...or at least not as much, especially since it didn't react to other rendered models either....if you look at BUILDINGS, you`ll see that the view distance is A LOT better in AC III....because i`m sorry, i simply don`t believe what you say about structures being worse than before......that`s just not possible

Buildings look fine but the grass ruined it. I didn't like the idea of NPC's on screen affecting frame rate.. or something.

ProletariatPleb
06-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Buildings look fine but the grass ruined it. I didn't like the idea of NPC's on screen affecting frame rate.. or something.
What NPCs? Oh you mean those things that suddenly disappear every second.

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Has anyone got a link to an extended play of Havana? The best I could find is a 1 min segement. Game does certainly look gorgeous on the PS4.

I think that's all that's available right now. But we might get more later, just like we did with Boston last year.

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 11:01 PM
NPCs were part of another problem called pop up

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 11:01 PM
What NPCs? Oh you mean those things that suddenly disappear every second.

Or appear out of nowhere... God, I got incensed during the Hickey chase (before the patch that made it easier) trying to get 100% sync for not shoving anyone while people were spawning right in front of me every 30 feet :nonchalance:

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Or appear out of nowhere... God, I got incensed during the Hickey chase (before the patch that made it easier) trying to get 100% sync for not shoving anyone while people were spawning right in front of me every 30 feet :nonchalance:
That was the challenge :P

hand-eye coordination xD

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 11:18 PM
That was the challenge :P

hand-eye coordination xD

Indeed...

Funny thing is, I never had the slightest bit of trouble actually catching Hickey, even before the patch. But 100% sync was a major pain in the arse.

Soulid_Snake
06-12-2013, 11:26 PM
I think that's all that's available right now. But we might get more later, just like we did with Boston last year.

Thanks dude, and it's a shame your latest thread got removed, lol.

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks dude, and it's a shame your latest thread got removed, lol.

Yeah, well, I knew it was kinda edgy when I posted it. We're apparently allowed to laugh at Connor murdering civilians with trip mines or knocking them off into lakes to their deaths, but digital glitch-rape makes the Internet warriors angry.

We're a strange species.

Soulid_Snake
06-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Yeah, well, I knew it was kinda edgy when I posted it. We're apparently allowed to laugh at Connor murdering civilians with trip mines or knocking them off into lakes to their deaths, but digital glitch-rape makes the Internet warriors angry.

We're a strange species.

When I read the title at first, I was like, "WTF", then I saw the image for the video (before you play it) and couldn't stop giggling.