PDA

View Full Version : Brian Tyler (Far Cry 3 Composer) is composing the score for AC4

loomer979
06-12-2013, 04:22 AM
Some info that's come out of E3. I'm actually really excited since I thought FC3's score was amazing.

Megas_Doux
06-12-2013, 04:38 AM
Cool!!!!

But please ubisoft.....INCLUDE music during freeroam!!!!!!

CountessSzilagy
06-12-2013, 04:42 AM
Cool!!!!

But please ubisoft.....INCLUDE music during freeroam!!!!!!

Speaking of music in free-roaming, was the reason why there weren't any in AC3 be that the devs ran out of room or time to put them in? It felt pretty empty just going around with no music on...so I blasted some on my desktop media player and had that running in the background while playing the PC version of AC3. :P

poptartz20
06-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Umm... Haven't played farcry 3 yet, but I will be soon as I just ordered it the other day. Couldn't find it for less that $25 pretty impressive considering it's already 6 mos old.

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 05:55 AM
After researching the man a bit and using my ears, I think he`ll pull this off handsomely.....I just hope ambient music returns..

I-Like-Pie45
06-12-2013, 05:57 AM
I hope it doesn't.

Ambient music made my daughter go insane.

AC2_alex
06-12-2013, 06:24 AM
I hope it doesn't.

Ambient music made my daughter go insane.

There's this magical setting in which you can turn music off. Ain't that a concept???

I-Like-Pie45
06-12-2013, 06:40 AM
There's this magical setting in which you can turn music off. Ain't that a concept???

Once you hear it, it never leaves your head even when you turn music off. You keep going crazier and crazier thanks to ambient music until

First, you start with a sharpened spoon.

AC2_alex
06-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Once you hear it, it never leaves your head even when you turn music off. You keep going crazier and crazier thanks to ambient music until

First, you start with a sharpened spoon.

Being addicted to Jespr Kyd goodness isn't the worst thing that could happen to you...

TheBearJew32
06-12-2013, 07:11 AM
That's awesome. You better play FC3 the moment it shows up at your door, i was pleasantly surprised as i've never really heard of far cry or played any of the games, i just asked for it for Christmas on instict (dontcha love that feeling). The main theme is amazing.
EDIT: at first i linked the video, but i'd rather people who haven't yet heard it hear it first from actually playing the game...adds more value

ACfan443
06-12-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm happy with this, his work on far cry 3 was good, and I really enjoyed the music in the demo. Optimistic about ambient music and the score in general.

roostersrule2
06-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Kinda disappointed about no Jesper Kyd, but the music in the demo was great and I looked up a couple of his FC3 stuff and it was good. He should do a sound job hehe.

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2013, 11:46 AM
I am remember saying this in a thread on here ages ago that maybe Brian Tyler could be a potential player ! i have not heard much of his work but other than MW3 and the soundtrack was mediocre IMO , would have been perfect if it was Lorne Balf of Jesper Kyd but he i guess we will have to wait and see.

ProletariatPleb
06-12-2013, 11:48 AM
This worries me, because from what I've seen it's a hit and miss with this guy. He can create great stuff like for Far Cry 3 or totally generic crap like for Army of Two.

lukaszep
06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Brian.Frigging.Tyler!? HELL YEAH This is amazing news!

If anyone wants a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvqHT59jZHI Some good ol' Brian Tyler

pineal_gland
06-12-2013, 01:32 PM
yay, Hollywood...

DisbandedBox359
06-12-2013, 01:37 PM
good as news as any since we weren't going to get lorne or jesper back

far cry 3 soundtrack is pretty good, and enjoyed the music in the demo

Ureh
06-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Really only liked 1 or 2 of the FC3 track so will just have to wait.

twenty_glyphs
06-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Thanks for letting us know, loomer. Sad that I don't really care anymore. The series handled music so well for 3 games and integrated great music into the game in a seamless way. The last 2 games have been a mess when it came to music. It's nice to see someone other than Lorne Balfe just to get a new style. I don't think Jesper will ever return to the series, so I'm over that. At the very least, they need to incorporate ambient music into the game again so different tracks play in different locations like it used to work.

On a positive note, at least they actually announced the composer at E3 this time. The last 2 years they dodged the question at E3, despite the fact that Jesper worked on Revelations. Was it really that hard to announce the composer?

Toa TAK
06-12-2013, 06:04 PM
YEESSSS! I was wondering who it would be since gameplay. Brian Tyler is great, and his much from Ubi's other recent game (Far Cry 3) was great. Great composer in general.