PDA

View Full Version : actual gameplay !!!!!

andreycvetov
06-11-2013, 12:33 AM
So E3 Just finished and they only gave us a cgi trailer and a gameplay one,but the thing i watched it for was the actual gameplay!!!When will i be able to see it????

Assassin_M
06-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Shade says to look for Sony`s conference...it starts in 2 hours..also your thread title is misleading as ****, prepare to be bombarded with insults :|

Mr_Shade
06-11-2013, 12:41 AM
E3 is on for a few more days, so I suggest keeping an eye out..

SaintPerkele
06-11-2013, 12:43 AM
They even said during the conference that there will be more AC stuff coming, relax.

Legendz54
06-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Where are all you guys watching the stream? Twitch or game spot? Will twitch lag more?

DisbandedBox359
06-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Where are all you guys watching the stream? Twitch or game spot? Will twitch lag more?

i was watching on ign no lags and very little buffering

roostersrule2
06-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Where are all you guys watching the stream? Twitch or game spot? Will twitch lag more?I'm on IGN and it's been great.

diaboslb7
06-11-2013, 01:04 AM
i am watching in gametrailers

Rogue-Eaglet
06-11-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm watching on gamespot, no lagging.

Legendz54
06-11-2013, 01:08 AM
I'm on IGN and it's been great.

skipped to IGN they have a nice little pre show so i will stick with them.

Locopells
06-11-2013, 02:27 AM
Ah, so I'm up just in time, eh? I'd have joked about how much Sony paid for that privilege at one time, but that ain't so funny any more...

LoyalACFan
06-11-2013, 03:25 AM
What in God's name... That was awful.

rileypoole1234
06-11-2013, 03:26 AM
Well ****

LoyalACFan
06-11-2013, 03:34 AM
If they don't release a demo that's not ****ing broken, I'm going to be pissed beyond belief. The thing was glitching out throughout the entire demo. I feel terrible for the guy playing though, you realize how awkward that would be?

STDlyMcStudpants
06-11-2013, 03:58 AM
It wasnt a glitch, it was technical problems...
But was freakin awesome!!!

LoyalACFan
06-11-2013, 04:01 AM
It wasnt a glitch, it was technical problems...
But was freakin awesome!!!

Our opinions differ...

I found the official, functional demo on YT, and I'm still not impressed. Nothing was new, it just looked like AC3 with better scenery and a few new features on the ship. Eddie even reused Connor's tomahawk animations for his dual swords :nonchalance:

STDlyMcStudpants
06-11-2013, 05:08 AM
Our opinions differ...

I found the official, functional demo on YT, and I'm still not impressed. Nothing was new, it just looked like AC3 with better scenery and a few new features on the ship. Eddie even reused Connor's tomahawk animations for his dual swords :nonchalance:
play ac 1 in mute ;)

LoyalACFan
06-11-2013, 05:20 AM
play ac 1 in mute ;)

What?

STDlyMcStudpants
06-11-2013, 07:52 AM
What?

idk you just always seem miserable and hate everything...lol
I always suggest to people that hate everything ac does to play ac 1 in mute and make their own story...

Assassin_M
06-11-2013, 07:53 AM

I think you have the wrong person :|

LoyalACFan
06-11-2013, 07:56 AM
I always suggest to people that hate everything ac does to play ac 1 in mute and make their own story...

:confused: Up until today I've been on board (pun intended) with everything they've announced about AC4. This demo was the first thing I didn't like, forgoing my ongoing war against holsterlessness.

AC2_alex
06-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Our opinions differ...

Some of Edward's animations are new, including his walking and running, which, in my eyes, are the most important animations in distinguishing characters. And I don't see why you think the demo was so bad. There's only so much they can show us in 6 minutes, and I'm guessing we will see more tomorrow, so relax.

I liked the demo. Its hard to tell if any new stealth elements or open ended gameplay decisions were implemented, since the mission seemed pretty linear with really only one path to your target. I really liked the four consecutive flintlock shots... it looked awesome and it seems that will be really fun to execute myself when I get my hands on the game in October.

If I had one gripe, it would be the lack of a UI. I'm curious to see if any changes were made to it since AC3...

LoyalACFan
06-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Some of Edward's animations are new, including his walking and running, which, in my eyes, are the most important animations in distinguishing characters. And I don't see why you think the demo was so bad. There's only so much they can show us in 6 minutes, and I'm guessing we will see more tomorrow, so relax.

I liked the demo. Its hard to tell if any new stealth elements or open ended gameplay decisions were implemented, since the mission seemed pretty linear with really only one path to your target. I really liked the four consecutive flintlock shots... it looked awesome and it seems that will be really fun to execute myself when I get my hands on the game in October.

If I had one gripe, it would be the lack of a UI. I'm curious to see if any changes were made to it since AC3...

I know they have a limited time frame for the demo, but weren't you expecting them to show some of the new stuff they've been harping about? Underwater, maybe? Sure, there will probably be more tomorrow, but I was just disappointed with today's because it felt like a rehash of last year's Frontier/Boston/Naval demos... Blending dynamically with the crowd? Check. Boarding enemy ships? Check. Tree climbing? Check. Running assassinations? Check. Free-running through explosions? Check. Yes, it was tweaked and upgraded here and there, but they're essentially the same "new" things we saw in 2012.

Bah, don't mind me. I think I'm just so let down because I'm excited, and we saw next to nothing I wanted to see :nonchalance:

AC2_alex
06-11-2013, 08:34 AM
I know they have a limited time frame for the demo, but weren't you expecting them to show some of the new stuff they've been harping about? Underwater, maybe? Sure, there will probably be more tomorrow, but I was just disappointed with today's because it felt like a rehash of last year's Frontier/Boston/Naval demos... Blending dynamically with the crowd? Check. Boarding enemy ships? Check. Tree climbing? Check. Running assassinations? Check. Free-running through explosions? Check. Yes, it was tweaked and upgraded here and there, but they're essentially the same "new" things we saw in 2012.

Bah, don't mind me. I think I'm just so let down because I'm excited, and we saw next to nothing I wanted to see :nonchalance:

You're right. A lot of what you're saying has truth. If they don't start showing the new things tomorrow, then I can right off this e3 as a mistake and a missed opportunity to please long time AC fans.

I think this demo was just pure marketing strategy. Introduce Edward. Introduce Blackbeard. Introduce the setting. Catch the casual's attention with the firey explosions free running sequence. I enjoyed it personally purely because I'm excited to finally see Edward in action. But yes, you're right. They NEED to show more.

monster_rambo
06-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Lag Creed 4 never fails to impress. I genuinely hope is the same quality in November just like lag creed 3.

LoyalACFan
06-11-2013, 08:53 AM
You're right. A lot of what you're saying has truth. If they don't start showing the new things tomorrow, then I can right off this e3 as a mistake and a missed opportunity to please long time AC fans.

I think this demo was just pure marketing strategy. Introduce Edward. Introduce Blackbeard. Introduce the setting. Catch the casual's attention with the firey explosions free running sequence. I enjoyed it personally purely because I'm excited to finally see Edward in action. But yes, you're right. They NEED to show more.

Yeah, that's what I mean. AC3 promised a lot of stuff it didn't deliver, but at least they showed us some of the new features in the demo. As much as they're boasting about AC4 being a truly full-fledged and worthy sequel rather than a spin-off, they didn't do much to convince us of it today. I can understand a lot of people's excitement based on this demo, since the features we saw worked really well in AC3, but I'm just worried that if the demo is representative of the final game, it will end up feeling like AC 3.5.

Time will tell, though. Hopefully we'll see more very soon.

roostersrule2
06-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Yeah, that's what I mean. AC3 promised a lot of stuff it didn't deliver, but at least they showed us some of the new features in the demo. As much as they're boasting about AC4 being a truly full-fledged and worthy sequel rather than a spin-off, they didn't do much to convince us of it today. I can understand a lot of people's excitement based on this demo, since the features we saw worked really well in AC3, but I'm just worried that if the demo is representative of the final game, it will end up feeling like AC 3.5.

Time will tell, though. Hopefully we'll see more very soon.I think it will probably end up being AC 3.5, it reminds me a lot of ACR.

LoyalACFan
06-11-2013, 09:15 AM
I think it will probably end up being AC 3.5, it reminds me a lot of ACR.

Well, I liked ACR way better than ACB, so maybe that's a good thing...

andreja110s
06-11-2013, 03:31 PM
They´ve not shown much in the demo, I like it anyway though. But I´m still waiting for some underwater gameplay, more naval battles, some more fights( without the animations AC3 has)...

Farlander1991
06-11-2013, 03:35 PM
I think the biggest point of ACIV E3 demo on the press conference was to show the seamless gameplay nature from land to sea. After all, that's one of their main selling points, that it's not land mode, and sea mode, but that it all works together. And I think it delivered on that front.

MadJC1986
06-11-2013, 03:39 PM
They´ve not shown much in the demo, I like it anyway though. But I´m still waiting for some underwater gameplay, more naval battles, some more fights( without the animations AC3 has)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZe-pUixa4A

Here it sasy that underwater gameplay is part of certain missions. So you can't dive anywhere anytime.

stingray110
06-11-2013, 05:00 PM
The gameplay is exactly ths same, nothing has changed. What a disappointment. AC3 in a new setting.

luckyto
06-11-2013, 05:14 PM
The gameplay is exactly ths same, nothing has changed. What a disappointment. AC3 in a new setting.

Personally, I love the core elements of gameplay in AC3. Combat, stealth, free running, naval, etc, large environments and maps. Where AC3 failed was in that it wasn't finished. The missions weren't tested out, the story was unfinished, the side missions and "extra stuff to do" was only halfway done, and it was full of glitches. So I basically got this awesome playground and control set but all the stuff to do in it wasn't that great.

No matter what we see between now and then --- AC4 will come down to how well they balance that big epic scope with the time and resources need to polish a game and deliver a solid gaming experience. If they do that, then it will be a good game. The devil is in the details.

TheDanteEX
06-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Let's hope not all their efforts went towards delivering a handful of demos and trailers to make the game look amazing rather than actually making the game amazing.

jayjay275
06-11-2013, 06:09 PM
I thought the demo looked great, aside from the bit where edward is on left side of your screen.

montagemik
06-11-2013, 07:35 PM

Whereas the first 4 games were a fountain of innovation right ?

Farlander1991
06-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Eh, it's like that all the time with long series.
They keep it the same, now it sucks.
They changed something, now it sucks.
Every franchise has to deal with these polarizing reactions.

stingray110
06-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Eh, it's like that all the time with long series.
They keep it the same, now it sucks.
They changed something, now it sucks.
Every franchise has to deal with these polarizing reactions.

Even with AC 3 there was no major changes in terms of gameplay. Yes, new animations but in the end it was the same thing, combat is the same, 'stealth' is the same, AI is still the same. These are the most difficult things to alter and therefore Ubisoft does not want to radicalise gameplay because in my opinion the fan base is complacent with having a few tweaks which are never fully rounded off.

luckyto
06-12-2013, 01:27 AM
"Innovation" and yearly releases has been the franchises downfall. Rather than refining the core mechanics of AC1 into a finely polished game and rereleasing that "sandbox" with a new story, new maps, new environments and characters... they keep adding elements as marketing gimmicks that aren't tested or worked out. Den Defence, anyone?

The best news of this game is that they are reusing most of the old stuff, keeping AC3 combat (although AC1's would be better), going back to AC1 for more open-ended assassinations, leveraging assets and keeping the only decent addition from the last three titles (naval combat.) Hell, the best thing AC3 did was throw out the medicine system and make chases actually matter again. Now they can throw out the guard AI from Brotherhood on and go back to AC1 for that too.

Refine and polish.

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 01:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZe-pUixa4A

Here it sasy that underwater gameplay is part of certain missions. So you can't dive anywhere anytime.

The rewind theater guys are fricking morons, you can't believe anything they say. I'm still laughing at their "analysis" of the Under the Black Flag trailer.

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 01:36 AM
The rewind theater guys are fricking morons, you can't believe anything they say. I'm still laughing at their "analysis" of the Under the Black Flag trailer.
w-woah wait....that underwater is in certain parts only thing was said by IGN???????

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 02:06 AM
w-woah wait....that underwater is in certain parts only thing was said by IGN???????

Yeah. They froze it on the diving bell scene and basically said "diving bell cutscene = only underwater in certain areas."

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 02:07 AM
Yeah.
:|

Moving on...moving...on *sigh*....still not sure if it`s seamless then

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 02:12 AM
:|

Moving on...moving...on *sigh*....still not sure if it`s seamless then

I don't think it'll be "seamless" in the sense of "jump in the water and swim down", but rather, you'll drop anchor, get in the diving bell, and take it to the bottom. Basically a glorified loading screen like AC3's boarding scene. And it might only be in certain parts of the map (i.e. a map marker will indicate areas where you can dive) but it definitely won't just be in specific missions like some people are saying.

monster_rambo
06-12-2013, 02:56 AM
Yeah. They froze it on the diving bell scene and basically said "diving bell cutscene = only underwater in certain areas."

This is what I thought. This idea where you can sail wherever you want dive under water and swim to an island is all bul****. Just as I expected.

Megas_Doux
06-12-2013, 02:57 AM
La Habana looks awesome!!!!

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 03:01 AM
This is what I thought. This idea where you can sail wherever you want dive under water and swim to an island is all bul****. Just as I expected.

Well, for one, IGN's rewind theaters are never to be believed anyway. But regardless of how it turns out, Ubi never said you could jump off the boat and dive wherever, that was just fabricated by fans...

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Well, for one, IGN's rewind theaters are never to be believed anyway. But regardless of how it turns out, Ubi never said you could jump off the boat and dive wherever, that was just fabricated by fans...
it`s called Ubisoft being Vague,,

"there are 50 locations"

Okay what COUNTS as a location? Islands? is the street corner a location??

AC2_alex
06-12-2013, 03:05 AM

You get a gold star.

monster_rambo
06-12-2013, 03:10 AM

"there are 50 locations"

Exactly, by 50 locations it can mean anything. Are they fully explorable? They talk about jungles, plantations, ruins, blah, blah, blah....not 50 islands. is the same ******** since Revelations. I thought by now they would clean up their act but too bad, the rest of the field blows ACIV out of the water right now unless they show us some convincing footage and not that stupid e3 demo aimed at mass audience.

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 03:10 AM

"there are 50 locations"

Yeah, the 50 locations thing was some pure marketing bullsh1t. But since the cities only count as three of them, I have some hope that they'll be at least decently sized.

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 03:12 AM
Yeah, the 50 locations thing was some pure marketing ********e. But since the cities only count as three of them, I have some hope that they'll be at least decently sized.
The Underwater areas count as locations too...http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-4-questions-and-answers-at-e3-2014
http://gyazo.com/1922342886451d7d7adc2d03c467fb42.png

monster_rambo
06-12-2013, 03:16 AM
The Underwater areas count as locations too...http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-4-questions-and-answers-at-e3-2014

This is what they said. But jeez...Revelations have 50 locations too if you count the landmarks, number of viewpoints, docks, Cappodocia, etc. When I first heard that, you know ******** is right around the corner. And they are not showing any harpooning, underwater, treasure, etc. I don't know if half the stuff they talk about are going to be on final game.

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 03:17 AM

OK, so... The pirate camps can't be more than a few hundred square feet. And "dens"... You mean like caves, or Assassin dens, or what...? That was a complete non-answer. They're being evasive again.

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 03:22 AM
OK, so... The pirate camps can't be more than a few hundred square feet. And "dens"... You mean like caves, or Assassin dens, or what...? That was a complete non-answer. They're being evasive again.
good luck speculating what they mean till october

Bashilir
06-12-2013, 03:22 AM
This is what they said. But jeez...Revelations have 50 locations too if you count the landmarks, number of viewpoints, docks, Cappodocia, etc. When I first heard that, you know ******** is right around the corner. And they are not showing any harpooning, underwater, treasure, etc. I don't know if half the stuff they talk about are going to be on final game.

That's the same with any game. When you hear let's say.. CoD say that there will be 50 guns do you doubt it? Do you think "***** please, no way." Or, do you think "Oh, cool. There's 50 guns."? You never know with any game. It's only because we've had ONE game that had some false things that everyone for some reason, acts like Ubisoft has done this with every single game. I personally, find this kind've annoying. Yeah yeah, I get it. You're paying quite a bit of money and you deserve to know things. I get it. It's just.. everyone keeps saying how Ubisoft lies and ********s us. It seems like they're talking about it like it happens, a lot. Meh. Had this on my mind. I'm tired so, meh to all ya'll.

AC2_alex
06-12-2013, 03:49 AM
Regardless, its still going to be a huge world. And he did say the world truly is seamless--- EXCEPT I've also heard that the three big cities required a brief load time.

Still, just imagine: AC3's Frontier, Homestead, Boston, and New York.... all connected seamlessly. All one map. From a pure square footage basis, this is probably what we can expect from ACBF. And I'm happy with that.

monster_rambo
06-12-2013, 04:06 AM
Regardless, its still going to be a huge world. And he did say the world truly is seamless--- EXCEPT I've also heard that the three big cities required a brief load time.

Still, just imagine: AC3's Frontier, Homestead, Boston, and New York.... all connected seamlessly. All one map. From a pure square footage basis, this is probably what we can expect from ACBF. And I'm happy with that.

When they mention something as "seamless" during the interviews, they meant that there would be no loading time travelling between major locations. ACIII is not a seamless map. there are different views of what was being said but the general opinion is you can go from city to water to some island with zero loading time.

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 04:07 AM
When they mention something as "seamless" during the interviews, they meant that there would be no loading time travelling between major locations. ACIII is not a seamless map. there are different views of what was being said but the general opinion is you can go from city to water to some island with zero loading time.
Which, FOR ONCE, Ubi cleared any misconception about....they already said that there`ll be loading between cities and Caribbean..

monster_rambo
06-12-2013, 04:07 AM
That's the same with any game. When you hear let's say.. CoD say that there will be 50 guns do you doubt it? Do you think "***** please, no way." Or, do you think "Oh, cool. There's 50 guns."? You never know with any game. It's only because we've had ONE game that had some false things that everyone for some reason, acts like Ubisoft has done this with every single game. I personally, find this kind've annoying. Yeah yeah, I get it. You're paying quite a bit of money and you deserve to know things. I get it. It's just.. everyone keeps saying how Ubisoft lies and ********s us. It seems like they're talking about it like it happens, a lot. Meh. Had this on my mind. I'm tired so, meh to all ya'll.

Well, they suck anyways. Only a few games that live up to hype and stay true to their word from start to finish and Ubisoft is not one of them. I am not interested in ACIV. Watch Dogs curb stomps that **** right now and is definitely going to be 50x better.

monster_rambo
06-12-2013, 04:08 AM
Which, FOR ONCE, Ubi cleared any misconception about....they already said that there`ll be loading between cities and Caribbean..

I probably missed the interview. Oh well, thank god Ubisoft, exactly what I wanted to hear. Not an open seamless world. What's next? So seriously, what is this seamless thing they are talking about then.

AC2_alex
06-12-2013, 06:20 AM
I probably missed the interview. Oh well, thank god Ubisoft, exactly what I wanted to hear. Not an open seamless world. What's next? So seriously, what is this seamless thing they are talking about then.

The entire Caribbean, maybe??? You, know.... those 50 locations they're talking about.

Just like Wind Waker. Take the Jackdaw wherever you want. You see an island with a cavern and treasure in it? Take the ship over, jump off, do your thing, and get back on and go to the next island. No loading times. Seamless. Thats what they mean. Its not like the Captain Kidd missions in AC3 where you go into a hub, press a button and load into that locarion. That breaks the immersion.

Here, you can just go where you like. Its all one map.