PDA

View Full Version : Assassinating in pirate style & Pirating in Assassin Style

ProletariatPleb
06-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah so these two articles...

Little, incomplete summaries to generate interest.

Kenway sailed his pirate brigantine, the Jackdaw, into port and pulled his assignment from a nearby pigeon coop. It’s a twofer — a pair of names the Assassins want on gravestones. Kenway might be more privateer than assassin, but he still has Eagle Vision to light both targets up along with nearby threats — the British sailors in the crowd. Undeterred, Kenway walked right up behind the first target, grabbed his head, and pounded him into a nearby open-air bar one, two, three times.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/10/assassination-pirate-style-in-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/

The island’s crawling with British soldiers. A pirate would do something big, loud, bloody, and rash. Kenway slips into Mysteriosa’s jungle without incident, dashing through the trees and vanishing in the thick foliage. The stealth looks much improved over Assassin’s Creed III, and a few soldiers who wander close to Kenway’s hiding spot get dragged in without anyone noticing, just like the good old days.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/10/pirating-assassin-style-in-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Oooooh stealth.

silvermercy
06-10-2013, 01:07 PM
So he does have Eagle Vision... I was wondering about that...

pacmanate
06-10-2013, 01:09 PM
More info, the demo behind closed doors lasted around 15 minutes and involved a jungle, recruiting, and the jackdaw

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 01:10 PM
More info, the demo behind closed doors lasted around 15 minutes and involved a jungle, recruiting, and the jackdawHehehehehehehe.

silvermercy
06-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Also, "eagle-shaped hood"? eh?

pacmanate
06-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Also, "eagle-shaped hood"? eh?

Yeah, dudes blind.

silvermercy
06-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Yeah, dudes blind.
lol
Unless he was watching a scene later in the game. Hmm...

pacmanate
06-10-2013, 01:20 PM
lol
Unless he was watching a scene later in the game. Hmm...

Nope, he is blind. Why would Edward just change his freaking hood?! (I don't think you thought this through :p)

ACMan: Hello Edward, you are now an Assassin, here, change your hood.
Edward: GEE! Thanks!

silvermercy
06-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Nope, he is blind. Why would Edward just change his freaking hood?! (I don't think you thought this through :p)

ACMan: Hello Edward, you are now an Assassin, here, change your hood.
Edward: GEE! Thanks!
Strangers things have happened! xD

MadJC1986
06-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Those previews sound awesome. Let's hope the final version does not dissapoint.

SixKeys
06-10-2013, 01:27 PM
"Once he shoos away a mass of crabs, the body of a marooned sailor gives up a hand-drawn treasure map. It shows crudely drawn palm trees, an ancient temple ruin, and a bright red X. That sailor was a traditionalist. Kenway’s more than happy to be such a grand artist’s inheritor."

This sounds similar to Red Dead Redemption's treasure hunt quests. It would be awesome if it worked the same way. (The player has to identify the mapped-out landmarks himself instead of just walking over to a mission marker.) It's probably too much to hope for, but I can dream.

"The stealth looks much improved over Assassin’s Creed III, and a few soldiers who wander close to Kenway’s hiding spot get dragged in without anyone noticing, just like the good old days."

This makes me want to cry with happiness.

"If you wander around a Spanish colony like Havana, everyone speaks Spanish."

This is cool. I kind of missed the local color of having NPCs speaking exotic languages around you in AC3. I know it made sense that the main language was English, but there could have been some Dutch, German or French mixed in there for flavour.

I still don't completely trust early reports of hands-off demos after what happened with AC3, but surely they can't strip away ALL these cool-sounding features before the game's release. That gives me hope.

pacmanate
06-10-2013, 01:28 PM
More info, second demo is all naval.
More MORE info, the seamless thing is only for Next Gen consoles.

ProletariatPleb
06-10-2013, 01:31 PM
You didn't expect that to happen in 256MB of RAM now did you?

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Hey I'm actually getting hyped, screw you E3.

Mr_Shade
06-10-2013, 01:34 PM
You didn't expect that to happen in 256MB of RAM now did you?
some did..

tbh - I think a few people will be happy though :)

The PS3 /Xbox versions will still be amazing, however I suspect the next gen ones [and PC] - will be spectacular :)

ProletariatPleb
06-10-2013, 01:37 PM
some did..

You're a traitor, Shade and one of THEM! You may give them hope this day but we will have yours in return! I swear! We will!

ArabianFrost
06-10-2013, 01:38 PM
So freedom of gameplay, eh? Assassin's Creed never delivers adequate gameplay AND proper narrative at the same time. Never happened before. Now I am starting to have doubts about the quality of the narrative considering the gameplay is awesome. Please prove me wrong Darby.

SixKeys
06-10-2013, 01:39 PM

Where did you hear the thing about the seamlessness? I'm not too worried as it'll probably be seamless for PC too, but it sounds strange to limit it since they've been touting this everywhere as one of the game's biggest strengths.

ArabianFrost
06-10-2013, 01:39 PM

Plough me, I am on current gen. Change to PC then or what?

ArabianFrost
06-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Where did you hear the thing about the seamlessness? I'm not too worried as it'll probably be seamless for PC too, but it sounds strange to limit it since they've been touting this everywhere as one of the game's biggest strengths.

Also taking into consideration that the majority of sales would be current gen too. Even then, I hope it isn't a full fledged loading screen like going from Boston tk the frontier, but just a 5 second pause.

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 01:41 PM
You're a traitor, Shade and one of THEM! You may give them hope this day but we will have yours in return! I swear! We will!FATHER!!!!!!! I'll kill you for what you've done!!!

Mr_Shade
06-10-2013, 01:42 PM

And you know that how?

You can't drop a rumour bomb like that and walk away...

link please

tbh - I would wait on official confirmation of things, before you start burning things down ;)

ProletariatPleb
06-10-2013, 01:44 PM
tbh - I would wait on official confirmation of things, before you start burning things down ;)
http://operationrainfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-05-Igni.png

pacmanate
06-10-2013, 01:45 PM
FATHER!!!!!!! I'll kill you for what you've done!!!

Well that was certainly odd to read.

And that seamless thing I got from AC Turkey, some person said they saw it and thats what they said. Not sure if legit, but it could be. I don't see how they would be able to do that on current gen. AC3 already had terrible draw distance in a confined city, god knows what it will be like with a whole open world.

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 01:47 PM

And that seamless thing I got from AC Turkey, some person said they saw it and thats what they said. Not sure if legit, but it could be. I don't see how they would be able to do that on current gen. AC3 already had terrible draw distance in a confined city, god knows what it will be like with a whole open world.I suggest you play AC2 and isn't AC Turkey the site that just comes up with random info?

ProletariatPleb
FATHER!!!!!!! I'll kill you for what you've done!!!
Why will you kill father what has he done?

ArabianFrost
"I saw more attacks than counters" from the article

Guess the combat is going to be even more easy. Not good at all. We needed more counters, not less.

pacmanate
06-10-2013, 01:48 PM
I suggest you play AC2 and isn't AC Turkey the site that just comes up with random info?

Not random info, leaked info.

SixKeys
06-10-2013, 01:48 PM
http://operationrainfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-05-Igni.png

For a second I thought that was Edward with his hood down and did a double-take.

Mr_Shade
06-10-2013, 01:49 PM

And that seamless thing I got from AC Turkey, some person said they saw it and thats what they said. Not sure if legit, but it could be. I don't see how they would be able to do that on current gen. AC3 already had terrible draw distance in a confined city, god knows what it will be like with a whole open world.

AC turkey is not official - so anything seen there - should be treated as 'rumour'

SixKeys
06-10-2013, 01:50 PM
And that seamless thing I got from AC Turkey, some person said they saw it and thats what they said. Not sure if legit, but it could be.

It could depend on what they saw (if anything). It's already been confirmed that traveling between big cities like Kingston and Havana will have loading screens.

roostersrule2
I knew M had made this place hate AC2 more, but he has completely wiped it from peoples brains, I'll give points for effort but that's about it.

ProletariatPleb
AC turkey is not official - so anything seen there - should be treated as 'rumour'
They said Mr_Shade is not a bot.

Mr_Shade
06-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Ban hammer says I'm human..

PLEASE remember to post links - if you are going to drop drive by rumor bombs - least post the page you get them from..

Yes that means everyone.. you can't just drop information / 'screen' shots into a thread - which will provoke a reaction - without backing up your sources...

That allows sensible people to judge for themselves, if it's rumor or not..

Otherwise people assume it's official and then things get heated..

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Ban hammer says I'm human..

PLEASE remember to post links - if you are going to drop drive by rumor bombs - least post the page you get them from..

Yes that means everyone.. you can't just drop information / 'screen' shots into a thread - which will provoke a reaction - without backing up your sources...I think we need links to where the ban hammer said that. ;)

ProletariatPleb
06-10-2013, 01:57 PM
http://puu.sh/3cwa1.jpg

Mr_Shade
06-10-2013, 02:00 PM
I think we need links to where the ban hammer said that. ;)

Mr_Shade is a Human!
happy?

Main thing is posting sources.. it allows people to judge if they trust them [even though some of you guys seem to]

Other wise you guys just make stuff up...

oh wait.. some do..

back on topic sid..

Today is going to be a busy day - the less confusion about, the better...

Locopells
06-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Today is going to be a busy day - the less confusion about, the better...

You ain't seen nothin' yet...

So freedom of gameplay, eh? Assassin's Creed never delivers adequate gameplay AND proper narrative at the same time. Never happened before. Now I am starting to have doubts about the quality of the narrative considering the gameplay is awesome. Please prove me wrong Darby.

Pessimistic, much?!

Oh, heck yeah!

Has anyone got a copy of the second article anywhere - it's gone down?

Locopells
06-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Pessimistic, much?!

Oh, heck yeah!

pacmanate
06-10-2013, 02:26 PM
You ain't seen nothin' yet...

Hehe

ProletariatPleb
06-10-2013, 03:49 PM
They removed the articles 0_o

SixKeys
06-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Guess they broke the embargo.