PDA

View Full Version : Moments that made you shed MAN TEARS (or cry)

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 02:02 AM
Only 2 games that got to me were RDR and AC III, I stopped playing RDR for 3 weeks after the ending and a tear slid down my cheek when hearing Achilles` letter...

Cry, Bs..tell me what moments got you close, or made you, to tears?

LoyalACFan
06-10-2013, 02:09 AM
The Walking Dead is the only game that made me legitimately cry. RDR made me shed a tear as well. Achilles' letter came close.

Megas_Doux
06-10-2013, 02:09 AM
The ending of Toy story 3 made cry., A LOT....

In gaming, even though acknowledge the true greatness of some games, I have not been close to close that.

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 02:13 AM
I shed some tears when Ezio died, RDR had an impact on me but I never cried probably because I got spoiled the ending. I also got spoiled Lucy's stabbing but in ACR when she died there were no tears but it was like "awh shiet". Jackie off Sleeping Dogs came out of nowhere and surprised me and when Yusuf died I was like is that Yusuf? Then the database thing with Yusuf came up and was like Nooooo, Darth Vader style in Revenge of the Sith. When Achilles died it was more, "No he's not dead, Achiles wake up, WAKE UP GODAMMIT". The Walking Dead games got me to cry as well and heaps of movies hehe.

Megas_Doux
06-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Ien Yusuf died II was like is that Yusuf? Then the database thing with Yusuf came up and was like Nooooo, Darth Vader style in Revenge of the Sith. When Achilles died it was more, "No he's not dead, Achiles wake up, WAKE UP GODAMMIT". The Walking Dead games got me to cry as well and heaps of movies hehe.

Yusuf´s death was quite emotional indeed....

TheDanteEX
06-10-2013, 02:19 AM
While a video game has never made me cry, Red Dead Redemption did hit me really hard at some points. Even thinking over the ending now makes my chest drop. Far Cry 3 also has some intense moments where I legitimately care about the characters and what's happening around me; depressing or not. I don't think any Assassin's Creed moments have really gotten to me though. Brotherhood's ending was shocking and Lucy was the most fleshed out modern-day character of the series, and sadly still is I'd say, but it didn't exactly stick with me for long because it just made me ask more questions which never got answered until over a year after Brotherhood during the next installment's DLC, which I didn't purchase for a while.

Shahkulu101
06-10-2013, 02:28 AM
Not actually cried...but what comes close is the intro part of AC2 when Ezio and Federico are atop the church. When Federico utters those words: "And may it never change us." I feel heartbroken, knowing that eventually he would perish and that in the end, things did change...tragically. Each of Ezio's family was likable, more so the adorable petruccio, making the hanging scene come equally as close.

Also, and forgive me if this is a little weird, I start welling up sometimes listening to the soundtrack, particularly with "Tour of Venice".

LoyalACFan
06-10-2013, 02:31 AM
Also, and forgive me if this is a little weird, I start welling up sometimes listening to the soundtrack, particularly with "Tour of Venice".

It's not weird at all. "Salvation of Forli" gets me every time. I remembered it as one of my favorite tracks from AC2, then when they used it for Ezio's death speech... Man.

Shahkulu101
06-10-2013, 02:34 AM
It's not weird at all. "Salvation of Forli" gets me every time. I remembered it as one of my favorite tracks from AC2, then when they used it for Ezio's death speech... Man.

Before AC, I never thought I would evoke so much heartfelt emotion into a video game. Putting aside the flaws, It is a magnificently crafted franchise. It truly has touched many people.

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 02:41 AM
I forgot Ziio`s death...it`s mainly because I can relate to a mother`s death...probably also why I didn't feel a thing when the Auditore men were hanged...

LoyalACFan
06-10-2013, 02:47 AM
I forgot Ziio`s death...it`s mainly because I can relate to a mother`s death...probably also why I didn't feel a thing when the Auditore men were hanged...

Plus we already saw the Auditors die in the trailer, so it's not like it was a surprise...

Bashilir
06-10-2013, 02:49 AM
probably also why I didn't feel a thing when the Auditore men were hanged...

Part of that could also be since Ezio was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" but, a day later he's trying to inside random women's panties. I was like: "What the fu-" Fo reel doe

VitaminsXYZ
06-10-2013, 02:50 AM

Yeah, Ziio's death definitely. Cliche as it was, I still welled up a bit. Ezio's death as well, combined with his speech...

9-year old me also sobbed pretty hard when Aerith died.

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 02:51 AM
Yea I didn't feel much when they died, although I started with AC2 before AC1 and on my first playthrough I never finished so I had no idea what was going on and was still trying to figure out what a Templar was.

Shahkulu101
06-10-2013, 02:55 AM
Anybody wanna come watch the notebook with me? I have Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.

LoyalACFan
06-10-2013, 03:00 AM
Part of that could also be since Ezio was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" but, a day later he's trying to inside random women's panties. I was like: "What the fu-" Fo reel doe

When? I don't remember Ezio trying to get with a lady again until Forli...

Kit572
06-10-2013, 05:28 AM
For me, the ending to AC:R where Ezio talked to Desmond made me cry.

monster_rambo
06-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Only 2 games that got to me were RDR and AC III, I stopped playing RDR for 3 weeks after the ending and a tear slid down my cheek when hearing Achilles` letter...

Cry, Bs..tell me what moments got you close, or made you, to tears?

Hey didn't you say you are a templar? You should be happy that Achilles died. Or were they tears of joy?

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 05:30 AM
Hey didn't you say you are a templar? You should be happy that Achilles died. Or were they tears of joy?
I`m a Templar with Emotions :|

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 05:41 AM
I`m a Templar with Emotions :|You know I just realised something you say you'd prefer to be a Templar, but you always argue that AC1 had the best mission design because of the freedom it allows, can you not see the contradiction?

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 05:43 AM
You know I just realised something you say you'd prefer to be a Templar, but you always argue that AC1 had the best mission design because of the freedom it allows, can you not see the contradiction?
I participated in the Revolution 2 years ago too...a much larger contradiction :|

BATISTABUS
06-10-2013, 07:25 AM
I don't know if I actually cried, but the top 3 most emotionally powerful sad AC moments for me were (in no particular order)

1. Ezio's death
2. Altair sitting down to have a rest with Balfe's score and the switch to Ezio
3. Achilles' death

Runner up - Lucy's death. I wasn't really close to crying at all, but I was freaking the **** out.

Locopells
06-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Altair's death is the one that always get me. That and the 'Ezio's Family' bit.

pacmanate
06-10-2013, 09:41 AM
The walking dead is the only game that made me nearly cry
Red Dead wasn't enough to warrant tears, it was just sad.

But AC3 did make me cry purely because of how bad it was. I literally sat there sobbing like "Why did I pay for the freedom edition!" with tears streaming down my face with the realisation that no one would buy it off me.

Kaschra
06-10-2013, 10:39 PM
The question is: can I shed man tears as a female?? xD

- the ending of ACR. Like... seriously. Altair's death always gets me everytime. And Ezio talking to Desmond... damn goosebumps D:
- Ezio's death. Evrything hurts and nothing is alright.
- the rooftop scene in AC2 with Ezio and Federico, especially knowing what is about to happen
- Yusuf's death and Clay getting deleted

I think I didn't cry when Haytham died. I was just... majorly pissed off and frustrated. AC3 killed off basically every character I liked, so this is no surprise.

montagemik
06-10-2013, 10:52 PM
No tears for a Videogame moment ever , But.......

RDR did leave me with a genuine sense of injustice for John Marston & Genuine pleasure in settling the score playing as Jack . (a masterpiece of a game IMO)

& AC R ending, Left me with a deep sense of respect for Altair / Ezio's life choices.

joey-4321_web
06-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Both endings for infamous 2, damases death from jak 3:waste lander

rileypoole1234
06-10-2013, 11:39 PM
When Ezio said rest in peace to Altair I definitely welled up. The one AC moment that legitimately made me shed tears was the last Cristina memory in ACB. I felt so sad for Ezio then. His life was all loss, nothing good ever worked out for him.

RDR's ending was also extremely sad, but I didn't cry, I had more of an empty feeling after that. Almost the same feeling Marston would've had when walking out of the barn. It was such a scary, brave moment.

Jak and Daxter 3 was also extremely sad for me, mostly because I'd been so invested in that game I really didn't want it to end.

TheHumanTowel
06-11-2013, 12:27 AM
I've never cried at AC but I do get some feels when Ezio's with Frederico on the tower.

Only thing that's actually made me cry in recent memory is a moment with Zuko and Iroh near the end of Avatar: The Last Airbender

SixKeys
06-11-2013, 12:32 AM
I've never even cried at a movie, let alone a game.

Kaschra
06-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Only thing that's actually made me cry in recent memory is a moment with Zuko and Iroh near the end of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Oh, I know exatly what scene you're talking about ;__;

Soulid_Snake
06-11-2013, 12:42 AM

M, I'm really sorry to hear that.

TheHumanTowel
06-11-2013, 12:47 AM
Oh, I know exatly what scene you're talking about ;__;
It's just such a wonderful scene. I love that show.

Assassin_M
06-11-2013, 12:50 AM
M, I'm really sorry to hear that.
Ah Thanks, don`t worry about it...was a long time ago..Eh life:D

Kaschra
06-12-2013, 04:07 PM
So I just watched the intro of The last of us.
Uhh... everything hurts. Can't handle all these feels ;___;

Bashilir
06-12-2013, 04:11 PM
So I just watched the intro of The last of us.
Uhh... everything hurts. Can't ahndle all these feels ;___;

LOL. I pre-ordered that game 5 months ago and just now remembered it comes out Friday. Thanks for indirectly reminding me! I'm tempted to look up the intro but um, I can't.. I messed up with AC3 last year.. NOT DOING IT AGAIN!

Kaschra
06-12-2013, 04:14 PM
LOL. I pre-ordered that game 5 months ago and just now remembered it comes out Friday. Thanks for indirectly reminding me! I'm tempted to look up the intro but um, I can't.. I messed up with AC3 last year.. NOT DOING IT AGAIN!
No prob xD
Damn the intro alone makes me depressed.

Bashilir
06-12-2013, 04:17 PM
No prob xD
Damn the intro alone makes me depressed.

Uuuuugh I want to look it up! I CAN'T. I WON'T. AAARGH

Kaschra
06-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Uuuuugh I want to look it up! I CAN'T. I WON'T. AAARGH

Resist your desire for looking it up, Bashilir. It's only two days away, isn't it? You can make it!

Bashilir
06-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Resist your desire for looking it up, Bashilir. It's only two days away, isn't it? You can make it!

I hope so.. xD

I-Like-Pie45
06-12-2013, 04:32 PM
I can make up a spoiler so you can rest easy

AherasSTRG
06-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Mass Effect 3's ending... :'(

Gil_217
06-12-2013, 06:49 PM
SPOILERS for games like MGS3, RDR and ME3.

Really emotional, sad and powerful moments for me:

- Naked Snake killing The Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3. One of the most heart-felting and difficult moments of all time for me considering the strong relationship between both. The fact we had already defeated her but still had to press whichever button it was to give her the final shot was just too much. What a heart-breaking moment. Felt really depressed afterwards.

- Mordin's death in Mass Effect 3. I absolutely loved his character, and the whole build-up to that moment was just incredible. A masterpiece of a scene. Quite probably the most powerful moment I ever experienced in a game. And even though I was sad, because Mordin just died, I also felt happy afterwards, considering what was achieved and what Mordin's sacrifice meant not only for him but to the whole galaxy.

- John Marston's death in Red Dead Redemption. I don't think I have to explain this one.

- Ezio's death in Embers. This was the guy we had been playing for three consecutive games. We saw his birth, we experienced basically all of his life, from his 17 years to his 65 years. He was one hell of a character, and we watched every important thing that happened in his life, the betrayals, the deaths in his family, his quest for revenge, his mortal mistakes, his work to eradicate the Templars, and all of the things life has to offer that he lost while he was doing all of this. All of it. Impossible to not shed a tear. It was one hell of a ride.

- Altaïr's death in Revelations. It wasn't even the exact moment when he died that did it for me, it was us actually controlling him in his last moments, seeing how old he was, how slow he moved, erasing those torches, hearing conversations between him and Maria and Al Mualim, sealing the Apple, and then seating on the chair, imprinting one last memory into the key, and resting.... Just a beautiful moment. Words cannot even describe it. The atmosphere was off the charts.

And I agree with the user who mentioned Assassin's Creed II's soundtrack. AC2 is undoubtedly one of the greatest games I've ever played, and one of the things that contributed to that was the terrific atmosphere of the game. I can't even explain it. The game in itself already has loads of it, but God, the music complemented it to perfection. Literally.

I'm forgetting loads of other moments from other games, but this post is already too long anyway, so yeah....

Escappa
06-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Achilleas letter is the only time for me....no wait, also when the end credits to AC3 started to roll

Farlander1991
06-14-2013, 02:16 PM
I haven't cried in an AC game. But these are the moments that still made me just feel the feels:

- Ezio's speech at Bonfire of the Vanities
- Cristina's Death
- Yusuf's Death
- The ending of Revelations (Altair's death, Ezio finding Altair, Ezio speaking to Desmond)
- Achilles' Death
- Haytham's Death (I can see a pattern here :p )
- Connor taking out the hatchet

tinrisky
06-14-2013, 02:20 PM
When you're little Connor, that part where he sees his village burn and says "no!"

Sushiglutton
06-14-2013, 05:58 PM
When I saw the AC4:BF E3 demo. It was almost exactly what I did NOT want to see. Have been depressed ever since.

Shahkulu101
06-14-2013, 06:28 PM
When I saw the AC4:BF E3 demo. It was almost exactly what I did NOT want to see. Have been depressed ever since.

Eh? What was so bad about it? It's only one mission and it wasn't an assassination mission. If it's a demo they will do their best to make it appeal to the masses. They PROMISED open-assassinations and only if they cut each assassination mission from the game or completely revamp them they will keep their promise. (Hopefully they are well designed)

Still though, the game looks remarkably easy as are all the other AC titles and I presume this is what 'depressed' you the most. I can understand that I suppose. The question is though; What made you think otherwise?

Sushiglutton
06-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Eh? What was so bad about it? It's only one mission and it wasn't an assassination mission. If it's a demo they will do their best to make it appeal to the masses. They PROMISED open-assassinations and only if they cut each assassination mission from the game or completely revamp them they will keep their promise. (Hopefully they are well designed)

Still though, the game looks remarkably easy as are all the other AC titles and I presume this is what 'depressed' you the most. I can understand that I suppose. The question is though; What made you think otherwise?

It was linear, scripted with the same automatic freerunning and dull stalking mechanics as in AC3. Even the jungle was linear, with artificially placed objects for platforming and cinematic assassionations. For combat they have added a win button that insta kills four enemies. Naval looked the same as in AC3 with the addition of dropping barrels (yay). The demo was buggy and janky as hell. I have tried to think about how they could possibly have made it any worse, but I have not been able to come up with anything. The hype dropped like a diving bell.

Farlander1991
06-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Sushi, I understand your sentiments, but I don't think you're being entirely fair.

Even the jungle was linear, with artificially placed objects for platforming and cinematic assassionations.

Even AC1 had it's share of linear locations (Jerusalem Temple, Arsuf) and missions (the whole first memory sequence, the whole last memory sequence, Talal's assassination in a nutshell). I can understand why they decided to show such a mission for the 5 minute presentation they had at the conference. The demos that showed off how open and free the world is (well, at least, supposedly) took 40 minutes behind closed dorrs.

For combat they have added a win button that insta kills four enemies.

That sounds like pure conjecture made up out of disappointment, because we have no idea how the four-gun system actually plays.

Personally, I'm not making any positive or negative judgements based on the E3 stage demo, I'm withholding those until I see more.

Sushiglutton
06-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Sushi, I understand your sentiments, but I don't think you're being entirely fair.

Even AC1 had it's share of linear locations (Jerusalem Temple, Arsuf) and missions (the whole first memory sequence, the whole last memory sequence, Talal's assassination in a nutshell). I can understand why they decided to show such a mission for the 5 minute presentation they had at the conference. The demos that showed off how open and free the world is (well, at least, supposedly) took 40 minutes behind closed dorrs.

That sounds like pure conjecture made up out of disappointment, because we have no idea how the four-gun system actually plays.

Personally, I'm not making any positive or negative judgements based on the E3 stage demo, I'm withholding those until I see more.

I hope you are right, I really do. I was very sad after the demo :(. Especially that completely automatic freerunning sequence was like a knife in the heart. Hopefully they comeback and show something better before release, otherwise I just can't support this game :(.

Farlander1991
06-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Especially that completely automatic freerunning sequence was like a knife in the heart.

I don't think any of us expected there to be a dramatic change in the free-running (though, I am still hoping that one day they will expand on the hook-blade concept from ACR and applying choice like the hook-blade provides to pretty much all parkour moves and design freerunning sequences around that choice). But, as it stands, I don't mind there being a few linear sequences like that. Though I would much prefer something along the lines of AC3's Charlestown run/Concord and Lexington run (the latter one being from ToKW, that is) where you would have to be constantly on the move and switching up directions to avoid cannonball fire.

TheOnlyEzio
06-14-2013, 07:47 PM
I've never even cried at a movie, let alone a game.

I too am quite manly.

OSantaClownO
06-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Revelations ending.

roostersrule2
06-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I've watched some of The Last of Us on YouTube and I'm gonna have to add it to the list.

Soulid_Snake
06-14-2013, 11:37 PM
I've never cried at AC but I do get some feels when Ezio's with Frederico on the tower.

Same here, it was tugging at the heartstrings, but in a good way.

kesh_362
06-15-2013, 01:17 AM
The Walking Dead. Most emotional game I've ever played. Nearly got me in tears.

ACfan443
06-15-2013, 02:21 PM
I just shamelessly watched the intro walkthrough of the Last of Us, and wow, it was emotional to say the least. I shed MAN TEARS.
Didn't have to think twice about ordering it.

catkiller97
06-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Revelations ending.

This

poptartz20
06-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Umm... I've never actually cried, but there have been several moments were I've had water build up at the bottom of my eye without forming a full tear! haha.

Last of Us beginning
Ziio's death
HAYTHAM!! (*cries* --not really but I didn't want him to die)
Toy Story 3 Ending
Heavy Rain

and thats all I can think of for now.

Sugar-Serpent
06-15-2013, 08:18 PM
I always become emotional every time I hear "Connor's Life" from the AC3 soundtrack. The closest I've come to crying at anything AC3-related was when I heard Connor's monologue (the one that was cut from the game).

Ureh
06-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Didn't cry, but I felt bitter and grief when Connor's mom died. I just wish I knew her better (the times she had with Connor, I mean).

Legendz54
06-15-2013, 11:46 PM
No game has ever made me shed a tear except the one I played yesterday.. The last of us seriously if you have a ps3 pick it up.

Sigv4rd
06-19-2013, 06:04 AM
:( I never cry but these made me sad...
-Doing the tank mission in AC:B and failing full synchronization forcing me to replay the entire mission.
-The ending to AC:R
-Connor saying "Because now one else will" from the trailer.
-Ezio's death, also seeing his daughter's reaction was a bit sad.
-Yusuf's death (dammit he should have been the protagonist!)
-Seeing that Edward has no holsters!
-Haytham's death (wasn't too emotional overall but sill made me sad because I like Haytham)
-Achilles death

AjinkyaParuleka
06-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7 :Zack's Death
CoD BO 2,when I realized that i killed section's dad.