PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Multiplayer Templar contract missions?

stingray110
06-09-2013, 01:44 PM
In Revelations and Brotherhood there were missions to kill multiplayer characters who were templars which i thought was entertaining and also gave the characters a backdrop about their personality and life. I think there is definite opportunity to bring back these missions, with potential missions such as killing 'The pirate' (Multiplayer character) after a ship battle. Would anyone else like these missions to come back?

SixKeys
06-09-2013, 03:31 PM
It's not high on my list of priorities, but would make for nice side content.

Shahkulu101
06-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Yes, a good opportunity to implement some enjoyable side content featuring assassinations. If they are well desinged of course.

SaintPerkele
06-09-2013, 05:21 PM
ACIII had a cast of rather interesting multiplayer characters who would make for some good side stories (just like in ACB, where these stories were sadly way too short; their full potential was only shown in Project Legacy). ACR had the most boring multiplayer characters, yet gave at least some of them a certain kind of depth.

I honestly don't understand why they weren't included in ACIII. They had the models and the animations for them, why not add a couple of small missions? Wasted potential, just like so many other things...

stingray110
06-09-2013, 07:56 PM
To be honest outside of the main quests there wasn't really that much to do. It all felt a bit irrelevant doing some of the side quests ;D

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 08:28 PM
ACIII had a cast of rather interesting multiplayer characters who would make for some good side stories (just like in ACB, where these stories were sadly way too short; their full potential was only shown in Project Legacy). ACR had the most boring multiplayer characters, yet gave at least some of them a certain kind of depth.

I honestly don't understand why they weren't included in ACIII. They had the models and the animations for them, why not add a couple of small missions? Wasted potential, just like so many other things...
This

LoyalACFan
06-09-2013, 08:36 PM

This, exactly. They could have at least used six of them for the recruit training missions (Liberation contracts or whatever they were called). They would have been perfect for that, and would have been a natural evolution of ACR's Master Assassin training missions. But instead they had us kill random, bland Templar goons who had no bearing on the story... Sigh.

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Who the hell said no?

ACRules2
06-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Yes.
They were fun, added a bit more depth to the story. Instead of feeling like the Multiplayer characters never existed in the AC universe, such as AC 3 did it.

LoyalACFan
06-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Another idea... Those of the MP characters who were secretly Assassins (as revealed by Erudite) could have been Connor's recruits instead of Stephane, Duncan, etc. and you could have hunted the Templar MP characters together.

Megas_Doux
06-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Who the hell said no?

The templars agents involved......

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 08:55 PM
The templars agents involved......
Makes sense

stingray110
06-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Another idea... Those of the MP characters who were secretly Assassins (as revealed by Erudite) could have been Connor's recruits instead of Stephane, Duncan, etc. and you could have hunted the Templar MP characters together.

That would be fun but anyway it would take too much of Ubisoft's time, they need to make sure that the hide and seek sequence is perfected in the beginning so that we understand how hale bales work, i mean it is quite a complex concept, i didn't get it. I ran out of time for searching three hale bales in like 5 minutes, you know what i mean?

BATISTABUS
06-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Yes, and although I've said this multiple times before, I want more depth than "terrible husband".