PDA

View Full Version : E3: Taking questions for AC4 Game Director Ashraf Ismail, Lead Writer Darby McDevitt

loomer979
06-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Hey everyone, I'll be heading to E3 with Ubisoft again this year and on the single player side of things I'll be interviewing Ashraf and Darby. If you have a question for either of them, use the link below to submit and vote on questions.

A couple notes:

* The interviews will be separate, so preface your question with "Ashraf:" or "Darby:" if you want it directed at a particular person. Otherwise I will just use my best judgement.

* Questions will be open until about a day after Monday's Ubisoft press conference, so if you have a new question based on the footage shown you can come back and ask it.

* Please limit yourself to 2 or 3 questions max.

Submit and vote on questions here: http://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=1fc052

Final interviews will be on my channel of course: http://www.youtube.com/user/loomer979

Thanks!

silvermercy
06-08-2013, 09:58 PM
I've submitted one about his character development since there's a lot of speculation, on these forums at least, about his internal conflicts and how he matures as a character (from pirate to assassin).

pacmanate
06-08-2013, 10:01 PM
I need to think of a question

stingray110
06-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I don't have a question yet, but can I just say, can people be wise enough not to ask irrelevant generic questions like 'What enemies will we face in naval combat?' or 'Why does Edward not have a beaked hood? or 'Will there be any graphical improvements if i was to purchase a next-generation console?' when the first question for example has been answered in an interview and the second question is meaningless and the third question is obvious #justsaying

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 10:51 PM
I don't have a question yet, but can I just say, can people be wise enough not to ask irrelevant generic questions like 'What enemies will we face in naval combat?' or 'Why does Edward not have a beaked hood? or 'Will there be any graphical improvements if i was to purchase a next-generation console?' when the first question for example has been answered in an interview and the second question is meaningless and the third question is obvious #justsaying
Oh god this...

another silly question is "Was it a challenge creating the world?" Oh, not at all...just a walk in the friggin park really -_-

pacmanate
06-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Just asked one which was "Will the modern day character (us) have a voice?".

I ask this because the devs say they want you to feel more immersed into the world and that the modern day character is YOU. That begs the question if your character will speak? If they don't its probably best for the whole this is you thing they are doing. I don't want to pretend the character is me whilst having a random voice over it, might as well be a first person desmond game.

This also begs another question! Will there be a gender select at the start of the game if there is a female/male voice?

ACfan443
06-08-2013, 11:13 PM

This x2
Those "how difficult was it to implement tree running" questions were mind numbingly repetitive.
Never. Again.

Subject J80
06-08-2013, 11:16 PM
These were mine.

1. Will Edward represent what we have seen in the CGI trailers, regarding combat moves and equipment?
2. Can you give 5 examples as to how ACIV will feel fresh and differ from ACIII's core game-play mechanics?
3. Will the marketing campaign match what we will see in game, as some of ACIII trailers we not representative of the final product. Take ACIII's E3 trailer as an example.

ArabianFrost
06-08-2013, 11:43 PM
I asked about stealth, cause it's the second most important aspect after navigation.

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 11:49 PM
I asked Darby about the focus on the character instead of a particular event in the story and I asked Ashraf about Random events for the lulz

roostersrule2
06-09-2013, 12:02 AM
I asked how big the game was, because I can.

silvermercy
06-09-2013, 12:13 AM

:cool:

That big!
http://www.searchandmore.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/how_big_is_the_internet.jpg

and hopefully not like this... :|
http://www.sondrak.com/archive/skpics2/yeah_that_big.jpg

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 12:21 AM
You like big?

roostersrule2
06-09-2013, 12:28 AM
You like big?Who doesn't.

ArabianFrost
06-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Who doesn't.

The guy who chooses the burger patty size at McDonalds?

loomer979
06-09-2013, 03:07 AM

You guys may or may not agree with me on this but I think the voting usually does a pretty good job of filtering out the bad questions. (Although confession time: I actually am mildly curious if there's some sort of narrative reason that Edward's hood isn't beaked).

Assassin_M
06-09-2013, 03:14 AM
You guys may or may not agree with me on this but I think the voting usually does a pretty good job of filtering out the bad questions. (Although confession time: I actually am mildly curious if there's some sort of narrative reason that Edward's hood isn't beaked).
Alright, maybe the beak question is relevant...(it actually is, a change requires just mild curiosity) but questions like "was it a challenge creating this or that?" those are just DUMB and one question I saw there "will Achilles be in the game" -_-

So that`s what you want the makers of the game?? really?? Why not ask them the ending while you`re at it :|

/rant

Ureh
06-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Yep, I need to know if there's a plot reason to the lack of a beak too. The fallen assassin in ACR didn't have a beak either.

Can't wait for the Assassin Den interview with Edward. A lot of my questions would pertain to that if it were to happen.

roostersrule2
06-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Yep, I need to know if there's a plot reason to the lack of a beak too. The fallen assassin in ACR didn't have a beak either.

Can't wait for the Assassin Den interview with Edward. A lot of my questions would pertain to that if it were to happen.I don't get the uproar over the lack of beak, it's for purely cosmetic reasons.

montagemik
06-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Just asked one which was "Will the modern day character (us) have a voice?".

I ask this because the devs say they want you to feel more immersed into the world and that the modern day character is YOU. That begs the question if your character will speak? If they don't its probably best for the whole this is you thing they are doing. I don't want to pretend the character is me whilst having a random voice over it, might as well be a first person desmond game.

This also begs another question! Will there be a gender select at the start of the game if there is a female/male voice?

Mmmm There could be an identity select/ input at the start of the game - As if we're signing into our Abstergo terminal as a Day 1 employee.
Though i'm doubtful /very curious about this modern protag / Employee scenario myself, 'immersed' into the world - e-mail communications implied in previous dev interviews
( wouldn't be surprised if we didn't even 'have' a body to be honest, but we may hear a voice towards the end of the game perhaps );)

AC2_alex
06-09-2013, 09:58 AM
I hope that the devs are completely honest at e3, instead of telling us what we want to hear. But I suppose thats a silly request.

freddie_1897
06-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Somebody ask if full synch will be back, my google account is being weird so for gods sake ask if optional objectives will be returning and if so, in what way?

Sushiglutton
06-09-2013, 12:57 PM
I asked about stealth, cause it's the second most important aspect after navigation.

Excellent questions, I upvoted you because that's exactly what I want to know as well :)!

roostersrule2
06-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Somebody ask if full synch will be back, my google account is being weird so for gods sake ask if optional objectives will be returning and if so, in what way?Good question, I put it through for you.

pacmanate
06-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Guess Im the only one wondering about the voices we are getting (if any) for the modern day part.

roostersrule2
06-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Guess Im the only one wondering about the voices we are getting (if any) for the modern day part.I hope we start out as a telemarketer for Abstergo, it'd still be more fun then Desmond's gameplay hehe.

pacmanate
06-09-2013, 01:15 PM
I hope we start out as a telemarketer for Abstergo, it'd still be more fun then Desmond's gameplay hehe.

Wat, I am talking about voices. If its first person with voices, will there be a gender select etc. If there are voices though, then it ruins the immersion of the character being you as it still has a voice and obviously isn't me. I am just wondering what route they take.

roostersrule2
06-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Wat, I am talking about voices. If its first person with voices, will there be a gender select etc. If there are voices though, then it ruins the immersion of the character being you as it still has a voice and obviously isn't me. I am just wondering what route they take.I know but in my head I was thinking it'd be cool if he had an Indian voice, so I thought of telemarketers which made me do a bad Desmond joke.

I-Like-Pie45
06-09-2013, 03:04 PM
What does everyone has against the breast cancer question. It is relevant and not generic in any way.

Shahkulu101
06-09-2013, 03:14 PM
What does everyone has against the breast cancer question. It is relevant and not generic in any way.

In a fit of laughter, I spontaneously liked your question, George.

ze_topazio
06-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Someone ask the man if the swimming mechanics will be any better and if there's going to be jet-skis in the game.

I-Like-Pie45
06-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Someone ask if Ezio will be back in this game cuz hes the greatest cause he so funny and does all sexy He fulfill my male fantasy unlike that boring **** Altair and emo pansy Connor

Shahkulu101
06-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Asked about the changes to the combat sytem, I think it will be similar to the change from AC2 to ACB(a few tweaks and animations) and not a major overhaul like the transition from the ezio games to AC3.