PDA

View Full Version : Support the Cause ! give us the French Revolution !

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Guys i know Assassins Creed Black Flag is right around the corner and suffice to say i am very excited about it.

But after ubi announced that Assassins Creed is going to be an Annual affair with multiple studios working on various projects IMO there is no reason why they cannot pull off the French Revolution, suffice to say that this is one location i am very keen to see feature in the Assassins Creed franchise.

The French Revolution had a lasting impact on the History of France and throughout Europe were social and political relations was completely Fragmented society was completely divided and King Louis XVI was deemed as the most incompotent king that had graced the French Monarchy so as you can see there is a perfect opportunity for the Templars to argue their core ideology and cease control of this Fragile situation and massage their beliefs into society.

The French Revolution was also about the rights, the basic rights of society from which the passage of the rights of man and soceity was signed by the fore bearers of the Revolution who was fighting for a sense of freedom so as you can see this runs in line with Assassins Beliefs, unlike the American Revolution that ended 6 years earlier which was fought on the grounds of independence the French revolution was about freedom humanity and basic rights which the citizens of this nation was robbed of due to political tensions between left and right wing groups ! ( i must add a perfect opportunity for Connor to make an appearence ) however a new Hero is must on this one.

Below is an image of the Crest for the French Brotherhood i have found.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/060/c/4/assassin_s_creed__french_revolutionary_flag_by_oki ir-d5wieve.png

As this was a brutal Bloody time in History this was also the time when the Guilatine was invented so expect bloody executions and a mature Assassins Creed.

The French revolution is the perfect playground for The Assassins and Templars wage war against eachother as there is everything to play for
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18555u4psmahkjpg/original.jpg

Fan art concept of the would be French Assassin

http://gaming-weekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Assassins-Creed-French-Revolution-01.jpg

Assassins i ask you would you support this if a campaign was set up !!

Below the brutal and unforgiving history that unfolded all in the name of rights and freedom

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/files/2012/11/french-revolution.jpg

Support the Cause ! Assassins Creed 5 The French Revolution !

ProletariatPleb
06-08-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm not against the idea of French Revolution AC, could be nice if they don't decide to make it a tour. But ffs not Connor, new character please.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm not against the idea of French Revolution AC, could be nice if they don't decide to make it a tour. But ffs not Connor, new character please.

Oh belive me Syd a new Protaganist i was eluding that Connor could make a brief appearence in one or 2 sequences but all in all its has to be a new Hero ! Think of Locations though
18th century Paris, Marselle, Northern France ( Champagne ) Bloodshed on the river Loire, the possibilties are endless.

ProletariatPleb
06-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Oh belive me Syd a new Protaganist i was eluding that Connor could make a brief appearence in one or 2 sequences but all in all its has to be a new Hero ! Think of Locations though
18th century Paris, Marselle, Northern France ( Champagne ) Bloodshed on the river Loire, the possibilties are endless.
Yeah it seems like a really interesting idea, the Connor comment was meant for future posters who will say "Hurrrr bring Connor to french revolution for no reason. We wanna play as a native american in France..."

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Yeah it seems like a really interesting idea, the Connor comment was meant for future posters who will say "Hurrrr bring Connor to french revolution for no reason. We wanna play as a native american in France..."

Oh i agree i was thinking more of a sense of a Non Playable Connor... But that aside do you not think the History Playground would be a fantastic setting for the Assassins and Templars .

ProletariatPleb
06-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Yes I can think of a few settings - Ancient Egypt, Russia, French Rev. But they use settings like that in some comics then my mood goes sour.

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Yes I can think of a few settings - Ancient Egypt, Russia, French Rev. But they use settings like that in some comics then my mood goes sour.

I think the French Revolution demomstrates both sides of Templar and Assassin Ideology purely because of the social division and on top of all that just think how beautiful the cities could be like the stunning architecture and the experience of the Assassin moving through rioting crowds having to remain undetected to Assassinate his target ! and the sense of open battle whilst the Assassin is scalling the rooftops of Paris !! pure awesomness !

I think the comics dont do setting justics and to truly experience the brutality and the true battle for freedom and freedom of speech in all social circles ubi have a perfect opportunity to demonstrate this.

Sushiglutton
06-08-2013, 05:12 PM
First finish the Kenway trilogy in AC5 next year on this and next gen consoles. Then make AC6 a French revolution game that has no Kenway connection at all and is a full next gen game :).

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 05:15 PM
First finish the Kenway trilogy in AC5 next year on this and next gen consoles. Then make AC6 a French revolution game that has no Kenway connection at all and is a full next gen game :).

I just see the French Revoulution as untapped potential for the franchsie but i agree dude its has to be a full next gen title !!!

Rugterwyper32
06-08-2013, 05:19 PM
I'd like a game set in France, truth be told. If we go to the French Revolution, I'd like something bigger scale. Give us Zurich and discontent around there influenced by the revolution ("The first symptoms of active discontent appeared later among the dwellers by the lake, who founded in 1794 a club at Stafa and claimed the restoration of the liberties of 1489 and 1531, a movement which was put down by force of arms in 1795.") and the two battles during the War of the Second Coalition. Paris and Marseille as events of the revolution begin and progress. Pamplona in Spain as the War in the Pyrenees intensifies. Maybe even get all the way to the Third Coalition and add part of Germany with Frankfurt am Main.

What I've been thinking is, if they want to do a French Revolution game, it should be pretty big scale one with many locations and with lots of mysteries and conspiracies around it. I'd like them to take their time with it and make something huge.

Gil_217
06-08-2013, 05:28 PM
The problem I have with this is if Ubisoft actually creates an AC game based on the French Revolution we will have 3 main games and 1 spin-off taking place in the same century, all of them with different protagonists. Yes, Ezio had 3 main games and 1 spin-off also taking place at the same time period, but it was just him as the protagonist. In this scenario, we'll have 4 games with 4 different protagonists taking place all in the same century.

It seems like such a waste, especially when they have already done this one time, with Ezio. There's so much diversity in other time periods, other centuries, others ages and eras that, for me, it just seems like completely unnecessary to create so many games close to each other.

Ureh
06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I'd like to play as Connor in the French Revolution. He was never truly welcomed in the white colonial society so it'd be fascinating to see how he integrates in France.

Equally alluring is Ubi's take on Templar's 14th century history and how that plays out in the Revolution.

Rugterwyper32
06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
The problem I have with this is if Ubisoft actually creates an AC game based on the French Revolution we will have 3 main games and 1 spin-off taking place in the same century, all of them with different protagonists. Yes, Ezio had 3 main games and 1 spin-off also taking place at the same time period, but it was just him as the protagonist. In this scenario, we'll have 4 games with 4 different protagonists taking place all in the same century.

It seems like such a waste, especially when they have already did this one time, with Ezio. There's so much diversity in other time periods, other centuries, others ages and eras that, for me, it just seems like completely unnecessary to create so many games close to each other.

I can agree with this.
Admittedly, I wouldn't mind seeing it if it wasn't so shortly after the recent games and you gave it 4-5 games of wait for it to get to this time period again. But as of now, I've been thinking I'd be more interested in a 100 Years War game if we do go to France.

True_Assassin92
06-08-2013, 05:37 PM

No no no...We don't need another trilogy. Two games of the kenways should suffice. I do prefer a new protagonist in the French revolution, so support :).

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 05:44 PM
I'd like a game set in France, truth be told. If we go to the French Revolution, I'd like something bigger scale. Give us Zurich and discontent around there influenced by the revolution ("The first symptoms of active discontent appeared later among the dwellers by the lake, who founded in 1794 a club at Stafa and claimed the restoration of the liberties of 1489 and 1531, a movement which was put down by force of arms in 1795.") and the two battles during the War of the Second Coalition. Paris and Marseille as events of the revolution begin and progress. Pamplona in Spain as the War in the Pyrenees intensifies. Maybe even get all the way to the Third Coalition and add part of Germany with Frankfurt am Main.

What I've been thinking is, if they want to do a French Revolution game, it should be pretty big scale one with many locations and with lots of mysteries and conspiracies around it. I'd like them to take their time with it and make something huge.

Paris alone is a huge attraction for Conspiracy theories if you read the Davinci code the Lourve Gallery which synonimous with Freemason and Templar symbology, not forgetting its architecture is a pyramid symbolises mystery.

http://landarchs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Pyramid_at_Louvre_Museum_Paris_France1.jpg

Obviously the Lourve gallery was not built during the 18th century but the fact the Templars origin and foundations date back to a French Knight during the crusades is another reason not to dismiss the French Revolution ! the politics the ideaology the beautiful cities the brutality !! everything is there.

shop5107FB585
06-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Been wanting French Revolution for ages. Has brilliant architecture and below the Notre Dame Cathedral there is a Temple to Juno.

Ureh
06-08-2013, 06:05 PM
I used to be indignant at Juno for taking Lucy away, now I just think Juno is a poor character...

Hans684
06-08-2013, 07:57 PM
AC is history, so there is assassins in France. All they need is to be shown in some media then they will have names.

stingray110
06-08-2013, 08:22 PM
If we brought Connor out of the equation everything would be improved significantly. I would like to see the French Revolution but it is not a priority, i would rather Egypt, Russia, India, Ancient Greece...basically more exotic locations.

lothario-da-be
06-08-2013, 09:15 PM
I want a game before guns were used a lot.Then french revolution. Those muskets will get boring afther 3 games.

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 09:51 PM
I`m not THAT guy...i`m fine with whatever time period they bring, but if it`s french rev...i want Connor to take center stage again..I don`t care what anyone thinks

pacmanate
06-08-2013, 09:55 PM
I`m not THAT guy...i`m fine with whatever time period they bring, but if it`s french rev...i want Connor to take center stage again..I don`t care what anyone thinks

You go girl!

Assassin_M
06-08-2013, 09:56 PM
You go girl!
pedicure later on at my house, girlfriend ??

pacmanate
06-08-2013, 10:01 PM
pedicure later on at my house, girlfriend ??

Hell yes babes!

MasterAssasin84
06-08-2013, 10:15 PM

Well being the French revolution was 6 years after Connor buried the amulet lets bring it on !! Oh and a French manicure to mark the occasion !

Black_Widow9
06-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Please post this here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424

Thanks ;)