PDA

View Full Version : Need help with recording HD footage.

Farlander1991
06-05-2013, 11:29 AM
I know this is a console forum (and I won't mind if moderators move it to PC), but since it's a lot more active than the PC one, I wanted to post here.

Some of you may know that quite a while ago (before Revelations was released) I created a fan-trailer for Assassin's Creed, people really liked it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWgSOFeduKM

I want to make another version of it, with Connor and some Revelations/AC3 stuff in it to make an ULTIMATE DESMOND'S SAGA trailer :D

And I also want to make it in 1080p, because I want to make it as high quality as possible at the moment and, well, pretty much be done with AC trailers (I highly doubt I will do something for ACIV onward).

Here's the thing, though, I don't have the most powerful rig for recording. It's a good laptop that I can easily play games on, but recording 720p footage is problematic enough, and I tried recording 1080p, and it's just... yeah, it's incredibly time consuming, and I, honestly, have barely enough free time for editing itself (just so you know, I can edit 1080p footage just fine, just takes a while to render it into a video file).

So... I would like to ask for a help of a person who is willing enough to record for me and transfer (via sharing sites or something) some high-def 1080p footage that I ask for. From all five games. I will provide what's required and corresponding save files when necessary. I also will give a very special thanks in the video description. How it will work is I'm going to make a low-def draft version of the trailer first (probably gonna use footage from YouTube walkthroughs for the most of it), send it to you so you could see how it looks like, with a list of shots that I need/used, where they are located and (if applicable) which save game that I will send in to use. And you take the time you need. Most likely there will be a few 'pick-up shots' where maybe some stuff will not work or there's a better idea and I may ask for a few additional things.

And, make sure that it's easy for you (whoever the volunteer is, if there will be). I'm not getting paid, you are not getting paid, and I would like this to be an enjoyable experience for you, so if recording 1080p footage is frustrating in any shape or form, or sending them over is frustrating in any shape or form (slow upload speeds or whatever), then I will feel really bad about bothering you.

Thanks in advance!

TheLeoCrow
06-05-2013, 12:24 PM
save files on AC3 wont work because they are locked to the account they were created for.

I can record 1080p so I can help, though I don't have a great upload speed so any footage i send you will have to be somewhat compressed, but it will be as good quality as possible (higher than what i do on my youtube channel, and since those are 10 minute videos, I try to keep the file size somewhat limited).

My skype name is the same as here for easier communication

montagemik
06-05-2013, 01:03 PM
I know this is a console forum (and I won't mind if moderators move it to PC), but since it's a lot more active than the PC one, I wanted to post here.

Some of you may know that quite a while ago (before Revelations was released) I created a fan-trailer for Assassin's Creed, people really liked it:

I want to make another version of it, with Connor and some Revelations/AC3 stuff in it to make an ULTIMATE DESMOND'S SAGA trailer :D

And I also want to make it in 1080p, because I want to make it as high quality as possible at the moment and, well, pretty much be done with AC trailers (I highly doubt I will do something for ACIV onward).

Here's the thing, though, I don't have the most powerful rig for recording. It's a good laptop that I can easily play games on, but recording 720p footage is problematic enough, and I tried recording 1080p, and it's just... yeah, it's incredibly time consuming, and I, honestly, have barely enough free time for editing itself (just so you know, I can edit 1080p footage just fine, just takes a while to render it into a video file).

So... I would like to ask for a help of a person who is willing enough to record for me and transfer (via sharing sites or something) some high-def 1080p footage that I ask for. From all five games. I will provide what's required and corresponding save files when necessary. I also will give a very special thanks in the video description. How it will work is I'm going to make a low-def draft version of the trailer first (probably gonna use footage from YouTube walkthroughs for the most of it), send it to you so you could see how it looks like, with a list of shots that I need/used, where they are located and (if applicable) which save game that I will send in to use. And you take the time you need. Most likely there will be a few 'pick-up shots' where maybe some stuff will not work or there's a better idea and I may ask for a few additional things.

!

Wish i could help with recording Video , but sorry.

Have to say though , That video was a fantastic trailer . I know many don't want the new AC Movie(s) directly copying the game story - But be honest everybody,
WHO Wouldn't want to see a full movie trilogy/Saga if that video & scenes shown was actually a live action promo trailer ??

Just enough of every Assassin / modern /historical - looked great .

cmrggamer
06-05-2013, 02:37 PM

And, make sure that it's easy for you (whoever the volunteer is, if there will be). I'm not getting paid, you are not getting paid, and I would like this to be an enjoyable experience for you, so if recording 1080p footage is frustrating in any shape or form, or sending them over is frustrating in any shape or form (slow upload speeds or whatever), then I will feel really bad about bothering you.

Thanks in advance!

Nice vid! ;)

Unfortunately I can't help you, but I wanted to ask you: What do you use now for recording? I'm updating my rig soon and I think it will be better suited for recording and I'm hoping to make some more AC videos (it's kind of hard to make anything good with just trailers).

Farlander1991
06-05-2013, 03:34 PM
save files on AC3 wont work because they are locked to the account they were created for.

I can record 1080p so I can help, though I don't have a great upload speed so any footage i send you will have to be somewhat compressed, but it will be as good quality as possible (higher than what i do on my youtube channel, and since those are 10 minute videos, I try to keep the file size somewhat limited).

My skype name is the same as here for easier communication

Cool, thanks a lot! :D I will contact you when I've got the trailer draft ready, does that sound fine?

Somewhat compressed is fine, I did not expect lossless files (since they would be really big). What video compression standard you usually use?

Unfortunately I can't help you, but I wanted to ask you: What do you use now for recording? I'm updating my rig soon and I think it will be better suited for recording and I'm hoping to make some more AC videos (it's kind of hard to make anything good with just trailers).

Well, when I was making that trailer, I used Fraps in combination with CheatEngine (to slow the game down so the video would be smoother, because, as I said, not the best rig for recording). However, for some reason, that combination doesn't work on my system anymore, Fraps doesn't want to record with CheatEngine's slow game function on :/

I tried using a combination of PlayClaw and CheatEngine, but PlayClaw has problems with responding to 'start recording/stop recording' commands when CheatEngine's slow game function is active, making it incredibly hard to start and stop recording when you actually want...

cmrggamer
06-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Well, when I was making that trailer, I used Fraps in combination with CheatEngine (to slow the game down so the video would be smoother, because, as I said, not the best rig for recording). However, for some reason, that combination doesn't work on my system anymore, Fraps doesn't want to record with CheatEngine's slow game function on :/

I tried using a combination of PlayClaw and CheatEngine, but PlayClaw has problems with responding to 'start recording/stop recording' commands when CheatEngine's slow game function is active, making it incredibly hard to start and stop recording when you actually want...

Thanks for the response! I looked into those programs after reading what you wrote and I found some people talking about MSI Afterburner. Have you tried using that one at all?

SixKeys
06-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Wow, that was a great trailer. :cool: