PDA

View Full Version : U-boat Statistics

Iron-Outlaw
05-20-2004, 08:31 PM
To the designers, and to those who do not know, the Aces of the Depp Community take U-boat patrols very seriously, following careers that can last the entire war. We keep accurate KTB's and I am working on a Radio Log to compliment the KTB.

Thus, the Community requires an accurate guage to assess fuel status. The Community to date have used a percentage remaining when reporting to BdU. The actual record was kept in tons of fuel remaining so that the port authorities knew how much was needed to refuel the boat upon return. I have references that give how many tons of fuel each type of boat carried, but most do not.

Another important record that was kept was how long a boat's engines had been at certain speeds. KTB's kept a daily record of how many sea miles the boat did on the surface and underwater, and a total for the 24 hours. Some sort of time/speed record would help us keep a more accurate log.

Another form U-boat commanders used detailed torpedo attacks. These included, along with heaps of data, a space for a diagram to sketch the track of the boat, the track of the target, and the track of the torpedo with the intercept point. Some artistic CO's included sketches of the target ships! SH III hopefully will have enough data displayed so that the AoD Community personnel can fill these forms in.

Should anybody like a copy of that form, or a copy of the KTB template, both in Word 97, getback to me at <hmsironduke@ozemail.com.au>

Mit kameradschaftlichen Grüßen
Olt.z.S. Wilhelm Weiss, Kmdt U-1105

Iron Outlaw

Iron-Outlaw
05-20-2004, 08:31 PM
To the designers, and to those who do not know, the Aces of the Depp Community take U-boat patrols very seriously, following careers that can last the entire war. We keep accurate KTB's and I am working on a Radio Log to compliment the KTB.

Thus, the Community requires an accurate guage to assess fuel status. The Community to date have used a percentage remaining when reporting to BdU. The actual record was kept in tons of fuel remaining so that the port authorities knew how much was needed to refuel the boat upon return. I have references that give how many tons of fuel each type of boat carried, but most do not.

Another important record that was kept was how long a boat's engines had been at certain speeds. KTB's kept a daily record of how many sea miles the boat did on the surface and underwater, and a total for the 24 hours. Some sort of time/speed record would help us keep a more accurate log.

Another form U-boat commanders used detailed torpedo attacks. These included, along with heaps of data, a space for a diagram to sketch the track of the boat, the track of the target, and the track of the torpedo with the intercept point. Some artistic CO's included sketches of the target ships! SH III hopefully will have enough data displayed so that the AoD Community personnel can fill these forms in.

Should anybody like a copy of that form, or a copy of the KTB template, both in Word 97, getback to me at &lt;hmsironduke@ozemail.com.au&gt;

Mit kameradschaftlichen Grüßen
Olt.z.S. Wilhelm Weiss, Kmdt U-1105

Iron Outlaw

RedTerex
05-21-2004, 12:01 AM
That info is interesting as it is ! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RedTerex