PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for time period of next AC game. Post what you think would good.

Caseioh
06-03-2013, 09:07 AM
I was on tumblr and saw an idea for the next AC game. It was occupied Poland during WW2. Nazis are the templars and you must fight your way to kill Hitler.

roostersrule2
06-03-2013, 09:09 AM
So we play as Hitler?

Assassin_M
06-03-2013, 09:09 AM
It was occupied Poland during WW2. Nazis are the templars and you must fight your way to kill Hitler.
Burn Tumblr

ProletariatPleb
06-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Burn Tumblr
Second that.

And NO, stay away from WW2....it's a n overused setting and modern weaponry will mean we die almost instantly unless it's 100% stealth.

TinyTemplar
06-03-2013, 11:13 AM
They haven't created 19th century yet.

IWGCJoeCool
06-03-2013, 12:51 PM
we need to keep the weapons primitive and the choices under control...AC1 worked that way, AC2 expanded it but seemed still reasonable. AC3 just had too many weapon and tool choices. check out InFamous...at least they got more creative with all the controller buttons so you didnt always have to break the action (pause) to use something extra.

gimme a sword, a shortblade, and a bunch o' knives again and i'll be happy. firearms should need to be taken from a defeated enemy, then used, then discarded.

keep the time period so i guy walking around in robes doesnt look silly.

JC

x___Luffy___x
06-03-2013, 01:36 PM
i would like if the next AC goes further back in time ...

maybe near AC1 years , AC1 had the best atmosphere and it would be more awesome on the anvilnext engine.

montagemik
06-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Japan - 1876 , Western Assassin travels East - Western nations (templars) begin to influence trade & cultural /political change in Japan , Myth of Mt Fuji = 1st Civ connections.

Yeah yeah , i know NO JAPAN / CHINA ever . :rolleyes:

dxsxhxcx
06-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Japan - 1876 , Western Assassin travels East - Western nations (templars) begin to influence trade & cultural /political change in Japan , Myth of Mt Fuji = 1st Civ connections.

Yeah yeah , i know NO JAPAN / CHINA ever . :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if they used one of these settings for the next AC game... at least the approach you suggested would be interesting..

Rugterwyper32
06-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Now, I've made this list before, bringing it back

"Event (Cities)

EUROPE

Dutch Revolt (Amsterdam, Brussels, Antwerp)
Thirty Years' War (Copenhagen, Prague, Heidelberg, Nordlingen)
Cordoba Caliphate Spain and northern Spain kingdoms (Cordoba, Granada, Leon, Pamplona)
100 Years War, France (Chinon, Orleans, Rouen)
French Revolution and Revolutionary Wars (Paris, Marseille, La Rochelle, Luxembourg)
Tudor England (London, Yorkshire, Dublin, Waterford)
Peloponnesian Wars (Athens, Sparta, Potidaea)
Long War (Vienna, Bratislava, Zagreb)

AFRICA:

Rozwi Empire, Zimbabwe (Great Zimbabwe, Danamombe, Khami, Mapungubwe)
Byzantine Egypt (Alexandria, Memphis, Oxyrhynchus)
Difaqane in South Africa (Cape Town, Grahamstown, Port Elizabeth)

ASIA:

Khmer Empire in Cambodia (Angkor, Lamphun, Vijaya)
Achaemenid Empire Persia (Babylon, Persepolis, Susa)
Mughal India and a few colonial India towns (Delhi, Lahore, Mumbai, Madras)

AMERICA:

Classical Maya period (Tikal, Chichen Itza, Palenque, Uxmal)
Inca Empire (Machu Pichu, Cusco, Ollantaybo)
Federal Republic of Central America (Quetzaltenango, Guatemala City, San Cristobal de las Casas, San Salvador)
South American Wars of Independence (Lima, Quito, Caracas)
American Civil War (Washington DC, Philadelphia, Richmond, Atlanta)"

Some are far more interesting, some are far less, but those are the ideas that have sprung to mind time and again. I know which ones wouldn't work that well, but hey

AvK KiNgKoBrA
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Ancient Egypt, Rome, or Greece

x___Luffy___x
06-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Ancient Egypt, Rome, or Greece

we ve already had rome in AC: BROTHERHOOD

MasterAssasin84
06-03-2013, 04:01 PM

I think he may be reffering to the Ancient Roman empire.

Either this or Ancient Greece has huge potential in my eyes ! just think all that Political Conspiracy.

x___Luffy___x
06-03-2013, 04:13 PM
I think he may be reffering to the Ancient Roman empire.

Either this or Ancient Greece has huge potential in my eyes ! just think all that Political Conspiracy.

well, then i misunderstood him. my bad :p

GreySkellig
06-03-2013, 04:37 PM

This is the problem to me--I'd LOVE an Imperial Roman setting, but the fact is the city would be a total redux. So much of the ancient architecture was left standing in the 15th century that it would be basically the same city.

To those advocating the American Civil War: much though it pains me to say it, I think this is an awful idea. I really love the period (it's one of my areas of focus as a history undergrad) and it would be awesome to see a AAA game set in the period. But AC should not be that game. By the end of the war, soldiers were armed with lever-action repeating rifles that could fire up to a round a second, some with sixteen or eighteen round capacities. The double-action revolver had also already been perfected, effectively the world's first semi-automatic handgun. The ONLY reason firearms worked out alright in AC3 (and will in ACIV) is that they were sufficiently antiquated as to render a second volley an uncommon occurrence. In a Civil War setting, just as much as in something like WWII, open combat would be virtually impossible, as any squad of soldiers would be capable of firing dozens of rounds before reloading.

I am rather interested in the notion of early 19th century Japan that has been brought up--I think this would be fun, provided the role of modern firearms was minimalized, or used selectively to enforce stealth. That might actually be an interesting mechanic, similar to the enemy-gating anticipated in ACIV--use extremely tough enemies as a means of shaping player behavior. This is probably my choice for any Japanese setting.

What I'm honestly holding out for is any game set in China. Literally...anything. Ancient, imperial, Mongolian, Opium Wars, Boxer Rebellion, I just think China would be a great location. Huge cities with exciting architecture, dense jungles, exotic ports, vibrant culture--and of course the right political atmosphere for assassinations.

MasterAssasin84
06-03-2013, 05:11 PM
This is the problem to me--I'd LOVE an Imperial Roman setting, but the fact is the city would be a total redux. So much of the ancient architecture was left standing in the 15th century that it would be basically the same city.

To those advocating the American Civil War: much though it pains me to say it, I think this is an awful idea. I really love the period (it's one of my areas of focus as a history undergrad) and it would be awesome to see a AAA game set in the period. But AC should not be that game. By the end of the war, soldiers were armed with lever-action repeating rifles that could fire up to a round a second, some with sixteen or eighteen round capacities. The double-action revolver had also already been perfected, effectively the world's first semi-automatic handgun. The ONLY reason firearms worked out alright in AC3 (and will in ACIV) is that they were sufficiently antiquated as to render a second volley an uncommon occurrence. In a Civil War setting, just as much as in something like WWII, open combat would be virtually impossible, as any squad of soldiers would be capable of firing dozens of rounds before reloading.

I am rather interested in the notion of early 19th century Japan that has been brought up--I think this would be fun, provided the role of modern firearms was minimalized, or used selectively to enforce stealth. That might actually be an interesting mechanic, similar to the enemy-gating anticipated in ACIV--use extremely tough enemies as a means of shaping player behavior. This is probably my choice for any Japanese setting.

What I'm honestly holding out for is any game set in China. Literally...anything. Ancient, imperial, Mongolian, Opium Wars, Boxer Rebellion, I just think China would be a great location. Huge cities with exciting architecture, dense jungles, exotic ports, vibrant culture--and of course the right political atmosphere for assassinations.

I would love Ancient China/Far East and i totaly agree there is lots of History to cover but in terms of uniqueness but i had this conversation on here months about Assassins Creed in China/Far East and ubi have always said they will take the franchise to era/locations that have had an impact on history and more importantly thats never been done and if ubi did the Far East the gameplay will be constantly compared to games Tenchu and other Ninja stealth games.

IMO Ancient Greece is the more favorable option.

THE_JOKE_KING33
06-03-2013, 05:37 PM
British Raj
Victorian England
Ancient China w/ Shao Jun

ze_topazio
06-03-2013, 05:46 PM

Not even close

http://www.photo.net/photo/pcd0795/ancient-rome-model-2.4.jpg
http://www.ssqq.com/travel/images/across%20rome%202009%20x016.jpg
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4132/5044776493_9489b0db0a_z.jpg
http://ant3145-group010.wikispaces.com/file/view/romemodel.jpg/31837793/romemodel.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/81/244206009_d1f9541459.jpg

Rugterwyper32
06-03-2013, 07:14 PM
The Roman Empire could actually work really well. And I don't mean just Rome. Take it to the greatest extent. We have naval now and it would work perfectly as a navigation method to go all over the place to other big port cities that were under Roman control. How about Carthage, for example? Antioch? Alexandria during the times of Cleopatra when Julius Caesar met her? There is so much more than just Rome as potential location there.

Sushiglutton
06-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Egypt would be muy number one pick, Tudor London my second, medieval something my third.

projectpat06
06-03-2013, 09:07 PM
An ancient Rome would be incredible imo. Save it for next gen obviously. They could do multiple cites or locations in Mediterranean during this time. gladiator turned assassin

Assassin_M
06-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Ottoman Egypt
British Raj
French Revolution

GreySkellig
06-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Not even close

http://www.photo.net/photo/pcd0795/ancient-rome-model-2.4.jpg
http://www.ssqq.com/travel/images/across%20rome%202009%20x016.jpg
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4132/5044776493_9489b0db0a_z.jpg
http://ant3145-group010.wikispaces.com/file/view/romemodel.jpg/31837793/romemodel.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/81/244206009_d1f9541459.jpg

I'm aware that there are significant differences over the course of 1000-1500 years. But the monumental architecture (Colosseum, Hippodrome, Forum, etc) is still there in AC:B, and I think it would make the city seem a little deja vu. Personally I'd still be fine with it. If we could have it, an Imperial Rome setting would be my #1 choice. I'd love to play as one of the Suebi or the Cimbri tribesmen in Rome a la Arminius. I just doubt Ubi will make the same city twice, even if it's accompanied by several others (Carthage, Alexandria). It wouldn't sound good. I can hear people on these forums in that hypothetical future raging about how it's so lazy of Ubisoft to make the same city twice, miking the series, blah blah blah.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-04-2013, 12:05 AM
So many gorgeous cities and intense wars in the BC times....I want to live either in bc (in a time of war) or in the times of Jesus

TinyTemplar
06-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Maybe they should choose some little-known events? It could be quite educational.

montagemik
06-04-2013, 01:22 PM
So many gorgeous cities and intense wars in the BC times....I want to live either in bc (in a time of war) or in the times of Jesus

Please God - NO .;)

dxsxhxcx
06-04-2013, 02:35 PM
or in the times of Jesus

IMO this never gonna happens, the fuss the media and some christian gamers would do about it isn't worth the trouble.

salman147
06-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Ubisoft devs said that they're not choosing WW2 setting.In fact WW2 and Feudal Japan appeared to them as bad ideas.They did show quite some interest in India to be a proper setting since it had some big history.I was personally hoping for Victorian England to be a setting(1870-1895 or sth like that).The war between assassins and templars is a secret war.So it's logical to put them in any kind of setting and claim that ordinary people hadn't borne witness to it although it had happened like in Renaissance Italy in AC2.But Ubisoft is trying to explore the setting more than the ''Assassin's Creed''.So the're slowly drifting away that's what it seems.In AC3 the story focus was more upon the War of Liberation and not much about Assassins and Templars.They also said Black Flag would be like that,in fact it'll be a personal story of Edward Kenway centering his wife.
By the way,is there a Ubisoft member who's made an account in this forum site?There's one in Watch Dogs forums.

MasterAssasin84
06-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Hmm

1 French Revolution
2 Ancient Greece
3 The Roman Empire - Brutus as the Assassin prehaps as Assassin History dictates that he and his Assassin chums surrounded Julius Ceaser in his private chambers and Brutus delivered the Killing blow ! i would love to see that.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Please God - NO .;)
You don't think being Jesus's best bud would be awesome?!

AC2_alex
06-05-2013, 01:38 AM
1200s China sounds the most interesting to me.

Megas_Doux
06-05-2013, 03:52 AM
100 years war
The Opium wars
Sumer/Babylon/ Assyria.
Raj or Mughal Empire

Sigv4rd
06-16-2013, 04:20 AM
Ming China as Shao Jun...

Rugterwyper32
06-16-2013, 04:30 AM
Ming China as Shao Jun...

I was thinking about this today. If we went to China, I think that would be the one thing I'd like to see. Beijing alone would be quite the location, really

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CtivoL4ExI4/TX82fnr4RGI/AAAAAAAAAV0/W4g4anaLCs8/s1600/Beijing+procession+map+temple+heaven.jpg

captin_qwark7
06-16-2013, 04:58 AM
I think a game in Ancient Greece, Rome and Persia would be stunning.
Also Feudal Japan, China, India, Spanish Inquisition, Victorian England, Ancient Egypt, Arabia.

But mainly Greece. C'mon make it happen. You know you want it too.

Jexx21
06-16-2013, 05:14 AM
i would like if the next AC goes further back in time ...

maybe near AC1 years , AC1 had the best atmosphere and it would be more awesome on the anvilnext engine.

what the hell is atmosphere? I don't even understand this anymore.

Because AC1 and AC2 had the cities with a color tint and since that's what I think of when I hear atmosphere I automatically gagged since I freaking hate the heavy color tints.

roostersrule2
06-16-2013, 05:18 AM
what the hell is atmosphere? I don't even understand this anymore.

Because AC1 and AC2 had the cities with a color tint and since that's what I think of when I hear atmosphere I automatically gagged since I freaking hate the heavy color tints.Atmosphere isn't exclusive to games it's why people go to concerts when a cd/Itunes has better quality, it's why people go to footy games live when you can see better on TV, it's just a feel you get and in games it's that you're immersed into the game when you play it, it's one thing that made RDR so great.

Jexx21
06-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Ah. Then I disagree, AC1 didn't have the best atmosphere of an AC game. That's either AC2 or AC3.

Personal opinion though.

Sigv4rd
06-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Indeed Beijing would be awesome with Nanjing as another city and a Chinese "frontier" would be great.
They could also go further back in time to the end of the Han dynasty or the Three Kingdoms period which would be more interesting historically, especially if they feature the battle of red cliffs. Also this time period was set before AC1 which would be really cool.
Or if Ubi is really attached to firearms they could go to the Opium wars, although I would prefer something further back.

montagemik
06-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Indeed Beijing would be awesome with Nanjing as another city and a Chinese "frontier" would be great.
They could also go further back in time to the end of the Han dynasty or the Three Kingdoms period which would be more interesting historically, especially if they feature the battle of red cliffs. Also this time period was set before AC1 which would be really cool.
Or if Ubi is really attached to firearms they could go to the Opium wars, although I would prefer something further back.

Dynasty warriors series pretty much rules out 3 kingdoms period - (UBI don't want locations /settings overused in other games & media)

Escappa
06-19-2013, 11:36 AM
I want roman empire :D'
with Rome, Alexandria and Thessaloniki as the big cities, and a enormous wilderness filled with villages, camps and stuff like that.

silvermercy
06-19-2013, 12:21 PM
I want roman empire :D'
with Rome, Alexandria and Thessaloniki as the big cities, and a enormous wilderness filled with villages, camps and stuff like that.
I was born in Thessaloniki! So I naturally say yes! haha! xD

roostersrule2
06-19-2013, 12:24 PM
I say we go to Troy and play as Brad Pitt.

Ureh
06-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Anywhere, anytime with no guns. Lets get back to the basics.

Escappa
06-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Anywhere, anytime with no guns. Lets get back to the basics.

I'm fine with guns, as long as bomb-making isn't making a return I'm fine with anything ;)

Goxxi
06-19-2013, 06:20 PM
I was born in Thessaloniki!

PAOK or Aris ? :)

silvermercy
06-19-2013, 06:29 PM
PAOK or Aris ? :)
Olympiakos! My dad was a huge fan! lol

Bashilir
06-19-2013, 06:39 PM
I say we go to Troy and play as Brad Pitt.

Funny thing about Troy is that, Plato and Homer(poets from Ancient Greece times) both wrote "Dialogues". Homer talked about Troy and Plato talked about Lost City of Atlantis. This is the interesting part though. Plato talked about Atlantis so well it was almost like he lived there.
He knew their traditions, way of life, etc. He spoke about how the "Atlanians" attacked Athens because GREED and POWER(sound familiar to PIECES of EDEN?) corrupted them and made them want to rule all of Greece. Thing is, Greece fought back and defeated the "Atlanians". Blah Blah Blah they lost, lost a lot of people and then the sea "gulped them up whole" said by Plato.

Now, Homer talked about Troy. Homer ALSO knew a lot about Troy. A German researcher in the 1800s found Troy, by the way. This is the weird part though. Homer spoke of practically the EXACT same about Troy's downfall.
They wanted the exact same thing as the Atlanians. A theory is that Troy and Atlantis are same place.. Why? Homer finished his dialogue before Plato. Once he did, Plato never finished his about Atlantis. Could he have known that Homer had already beaten him to the ideas of Troy/Atlantis' downfall? Could Plato have been assassinated by someone that bares the symbol that looks almost like an "A"? Thought I'd share... <.< >.>

silvermercy
06-19-2013, 06:47 PM
This BBC doc sums up a bit the whole theory (Atlantis, Troy, and the "earthquake" war where some unusually frequent and hugely disastrous earthquakes occurred): http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/greeks/atlantis_01.shtml (Apple of Eden anyone? lol)

Some quotes:

According to Plato, Atlantis was a great island (larger than Libya and Asia combined) in the Atlantic Ocean, but its control extended beyond the 'Pillars of Heracles' into the Mediterranean as far as Egypt and Tyrrhenia (Italy). Its powerful and remarkable dynasty of kings arose directly from Poseidon, god of sea and of earthquakes, though this divine and heroic lineage gradually became diluted by mixing with mortal stock.

The resulting degeneration of this noble civilisation led it into a war with its former ally, Athens, and culminated in its cataclysmic destruction, which Plato dates as 9,000 years previously. Of the destruction itself, Plato simply notes, 'Some time later there were earthquakes and floods of extraordinary violence, and in a single dreadful day and night all your life [ie, Athenian] fighting men were swallowed up by the earth, and the island of Atlantis was similarly swallowed up by the sea and vanished'.

...the possible locations of the lost city are becoming increasingly exotic. Recent candidates lie as far afield as the Caribbean, South America, Antarctica, Ireland and French Polynesia.

Bashilir
06-19-2013, 06:52 PM
This BBC doc sums up a bit the whole theory (Atlantis, Troy, and the "earthquake" war where some unusually frequent and hugely disastrous earthquakes occured): http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/greeks/atlantis_01.shtml

Some quotes:

According to Plato, Atlantis was a great island (larger than Libya and Asia combined) in the Atlantic Ocean, but its control extended beyond the 'Pillars of Heracles' into the Mediterranean as far as Egypt and Tyrrhenia (Italy). Its powerful and remarkable dynasty of kings arose directly from Poseidon, god of sea and of earthquakes, though this divine and heroic lineage gradually became diluted by mixing with mortal stock.

The resulting degeneration of this noble civilisation led it into a war with its former ally, Athens, and culminated in its cataclysmic destruction, which Plato dates as 9,000 years previously. Of the destruction itself, Plato simply notes, 'Some time later there were earthquakes and floods of extraordinary violence, and in a single dreadful day and night all your life [ie, Athenian] fighting men were swallowed up by the earth, and the island of Atlantis was similarly swallowed up by the sea and vanished'.

Holy poop. Look at this quote I found on that awesome website you found(thanks for the link btw)!
For those committed Atlanteans that believe Atlantis existed much as Plato described, the possible locations of the lost city are becoming increasingly exotic. Recent candidates lie as far afield as the Caribbean, South America, Antarctica, Ireland and French Polynesia.

Important story note in Black Flag? Or, maybe just an awesome Easter Egg?

Bashilir
06-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Lost City of Atlantis has more potential than I thought...

silvermercy
06-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Holy poop. Look at this quote I found on that awesome website you found(thanks for the link btw)!

Important story note in Black Flag? Or, maybe just an awesome Easter Egg?
:D Ah yes! I found it, too and added it in my previous post!! lol xD

The story of Atlantis and Athens has great potential indeed!

Bashilir
06-19-2013, 07:05 PM
:D Ah yes! I found it, too and added it in my previous post!! lol xD

The story of Atlantis and Athens has great potential indeed!

Oh.. haha. xD I love how it mentions that Poseidon has a role. Just so we know, Poseidon's roman name was Neptune so, if we do have this as a game, expect to hear to Neptune....

Jexx21
06-19-2013, 07:06 PM
I thought it was commonly known that it was theorized that Atlantis was in the Caribbean.

Anyway, to me, if Plato is saying that Atlantis was larger than Libya and Asia combined, he's probably just describing one of the Americas. People get too caught up on the idea of the land mass sinking.

Unless he was just exaggerating the size of the island.

silvermercy
06-19-2013, 07:09 PM
I thought it was commonly known that it was theorized that Atlantis was in the Caribbean.

Anyway, to me, if Plato is saying that Atlantis was larger than Libya and Asia combined, he's probably just describing one of the Americas. People get too caught up on the idea of the land mass sinking.

It could be the Americas but think Plato meant the part of the Asia that was actually known to the ancient world back them. I think he did not see it as the same size as the Asia we know today.

Rugterwyper32
06-19-2013, 07:12 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Location_hypotheses_of_Atlantis

Have fun. I wonder where they could end up going for if they decided to add Atlantis into the series.

Jexx21
06-19-2013, 07:19 PM
After doing some research, Libya was the name used in classical Greece to cover all of what would eventually become Africa. Although it more specifically denoted the northern African area that Greece could easily reach. As for Asia, I'm guessing that they were mainly talking about west Asia, which would mean Syria, Turkey, Israel, etc. (places along the Mediterranean).

Given the way I think Plato could have easily exaggerated the size of Atlantis (or just not of understood the scope of Africa and Asia, and Atlantis for that matter), I'd say that where-ever Atlantis would be, it seems most likely that it would be in the Mediterranean sea, if it's real.

In any case, something is going down in the Caribbean with major TWCB stuff anyway, seeing as there's the Bermuda triangle (which I've read somewhere we get to investigate it).

Jexx21
06-19-2013, 07:23 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/35/Atlantis_map_1882_crop.jpg

This is a map of the supposed Atlantean Empire. In context of Assassin's Creed, it really just looks to me like the TWCB empire. Considering that it pretty much hits all the marks were the creation stories have remarkable similarities or the myths seem to tie together.

Rugterwyper32
06-19-2013, 07:39 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/35/Atlantis_map_1882_crop.jpg

This is a map of the supposed Atlantean Empire. In context of Assassin's Creed, it really just looks to me like the TWCB empire. Considering that it pretty much hits all the marks were the creation stories have remarkable similarities or the myths seem to tie together.

How much do you want to bet we'll visit locations in this map that we haven't experienced in the games? Right there we have: Syria and Israel (AC1), Cyprus (AC: Bloodlines), Italy (AC2, ACB), Turkey (ACR), upstate New York (AC3), Louisiana and Mexico (AC3:L) and the Caribbean (AC4). We've seen them mention interest in a game set in India (marked here in this map as well) and the blood symbols in AC1 had a lot of stuff related to South America, namely Peru (also covered there).

Jexx21
06-19-2013, 07:41 PM
That would also cover the Celtic and Gaelic regions. Would be interesting to go there.

Sigv4rd
06-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Dynasty warriors series pretty much rules out 3 kingdoms period - (UBI don't want locations /settings overused in other games & media)

:confused:Do you have any idea how many pirate games there are and how many games are set in America?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_the_United_States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_about_pirates

Regardless I wouldn't consider one popular game series as "overused." Considering that if Ubi does the Three Kingdoms period it will be about assassins, realism, stabbing people, and freedom vs control... Dynasty Warriors is completely unrealistic.

silvermercy
06-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Yeah I don't think AC will have a problem of overuse no matter what the location is.

Rugterwyper32
06-19-2013, 07:52 PM
:confused:Do you have any idea how many pirate games there are and how many games are set in America?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_the_United_States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_about_pirates

Regardless I wouldn't consider one popular game series as "overused." Considering that if Ubi does the Three Kingdoms period it will be about assassins, realism, stabbing people, and freedom vs control... Dynasty Warriors is completely unrealistic.

I think when it comes to the US, this is more fitting

http://www.giantbomb.com/american-revolution/3015-5163/games/

Because yes, there are many games set in the area, but not many that take place in the same era, much less that play like the Assassin's Creed series does. And most of those pirate games are actually not based on historical facts, but are very much fictional and romanticized, so there's that.

That being said, I do want a game set in China, just based on the Ming Dinasty, but I wouldn't mind the Three Kingdoms either. It's another setting that has pretty much no games that get into it like the AC series does or that play like it.

TheHumanTowel
06-19-2013, 07:52 PM
It was the Revolutionary setting that was unexplored and new in AC3. Obviously there have been tons of games set in America.

Shahkulu101
06-19-2013, 08:10 PM
I would die for a game in victorian London. That is sort of predictable though and Corey May is a bit of a hipster.

stingray110
06-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Ancient Greece, India, Spain, Turkey again - exotic locations, please. Victorian London will be boring due to the balnd architecture.

Jexx21
06-19-2013, 08:14 PM
to those living in turkey london is exotic

Sushiglutton
06-19-2013, 08:16 PM
I would die for a game in victorian London. That is sort of predictable though and Corey May is a bit of a hipster.

Well in the meantime there is always this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FK8dgzW0o8

silvermercy
06-19-2013, 08:24 PM

Ah! I want it! And the PS4! Now!!

lol @ 1:25 Charles Lee...

Sushiglutton
06-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Ah! I want it! And the PS4! Now!!

lol @ 1:25 Charles Lee...

Holy %#% it is good old Charles Lee :eek:

Sigv4rd
06-19-2013, 08:25 PM
I think when it comes to the US, this is more fitting

http://www.giantbomb.com/american-revolution/3015-5163/games/

Because yes, there are many games set in the area, but not many that take place in the same era, much less that play like the Assassin's Creed series does. And most of those pirate games are actually not based on historical facts, but are very much fictional and romanticized, so there's that.

That being said, I do want a game set in China, just based on the Ming Dinasty, but I wouldn't mind the Three Kingdoms either. It's another setting that has pretty much no games that get into it like the AC series does or that play like it.
The Ming dynasty as Shao Jun then?

silvermercy
06-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Holy %#% it is good old Charles Lee :eek:
We found him!! ahahaha! Quick! Call Connor!!!

Shahkulu101
06-19-2013, 08:28 PM

Yes I seen the trailer at E3. :) Does not appeal to me though, laser guns in the 1800's?:p
Is it open world though, I would get it for the sole purpose of exploration.

Sushiglutton
06-19-2013, 08:28 PM
We found him!! ahahaha! Quick! Call Connor!!!

Connor is to Charles Lee what Coyote is to Roadrunner. I'm thinking call Ezio ;)

AC2_alex
06-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Connor is to Charles Lee what Coyote is to Roadrunner.

ahahahaha! So true!

Sushiglutton
06-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Yes I seen the trailer at E3. :) Does not appeal to me though, laser guns in the 1800's?:p

Yeah that's a pretty big misstake of the devs to put laser guns in Victorian London. They need to read a book every now and then! I'm not sure what kind of game it is at all tbh. It kind of looks like a four player co-op TPS? I'm thinking linear. I have no idea though.

Rugterwyper32
06-19-2013, 08:40 PM
The Ming dynasty as Shao Jun then?

Actually, that would be interesting. She's a character some are familiar with already and she already has a set objective we know of. Seeing her story unfold is something I was interested in after seeing Embers, and honestly, I still am interested in that. It has potential to be very interesting if done right.

Sigv4rd
06-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Yeah that's a pretty big misstake of the devs to put laser guns in Victorian London. They need to read a book every now and then! I'm not sure what kind of game it is at all tbh. It kind of looks like a four player co-op TPS? I'm thinking linear. I have no idea though.
Reminds me of Dishonored, I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. :)

Jexx21
06-19-2013, 08:43 PM
ahahahaha! So true!
..it actually isn't true at all.

Sigv4rd
06-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Actually, that would be interesting. She's a character some are familiar with already and she already has a set objective we know of. Seeing her story unfold is something I was interested in after seeing Embers, and honestly, I still am interested in that. It has potential to be very interesting if done right.

I'm sold on Shao Jun as long as they give her an actual hidden blade and a better voice actress. It would also be cool to have a cameo from Ezio. She could even have some role in the assassination attempt on Jiajing in the year 1542 which was orchestrated by his own concubines (Shao Jun being a former concubine could make this interesting) Overall though the game would probably be about rebuilding the assassin order (similar to AC:B but hopefully with better villains) I could see assassin recruits returning in a big way and maybe a Chinese style homestead. Naval gameplay could return as Wokou pirate raids were a problem during this time.

ze_topazio
06-19-2013, 11:41 PM

It's steampunk and it takes place in an alternate timeline with magic and monsters.

Rugterwyper32
06-20-2013, 05:16 AM
The other topic brought to me a great idea (!!!). Mentioned South America. Cryptic messages in AC1 did show the lines of Nazca and something that resembled Machu Picchu. But Inca architecture might not be the best fit for the gameplay of the series (even though it'd be cool to see it). So what do I propose? Early colonial era. Early-mid 1600, before the 1650 earthquake. Say, 1613-1630 more or less. So what do we have there?

On one hand, we have Lima. Capital of the Viceroyalty, and a pretty big city at the time. It actually was threatened by pirates at points, but it grew to be a rather large city. Just blatant copypasta here: "Lima flourished during the 17th century as the center of an extensive trade network which integrated the Viceroyalty of Peru with the Americas, Europe and the Far East. Its merchants channeled Peruvian silver through the nearby port of Callao and exchanged it for imported goods at the trade fair of Portobelo in modern day Panama. This practice was sanctioned by law as all trade from the Viceroyalty was required to go through Callao on its way to and from overseas markets. The resulting economic prosperity of the city was reflected in its rapid growth, population expanded from about 25,000 in 1619 to an estimated 80,000 in 1687."

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a233/sebvill/Limaantigua.jpg

Then we have Cusco. Another big city, which was the center of the Inca Empire and became an important Spanish city. Even during colonial times, the population was mainly of Inca descent and many of aristocratic Inca families, which made them more respectable in Spanish eyes. Another blatant copypasta 'cause I'm lazy. "Cusco was the center for the Spanish colonization and spread of Christianity in the Andean world. It became very prosperous thanks to agriculture, cattle raising, and mining, as well as its trade with Spain. The Spanish colonists constructed many churches and convents, as well as a cathedral, university and Archbishopric. Just as the Inca built on top of Killke structures, Spanish buildings were based on the massive stone walls built by the Inca."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Cuzco.jpg

Finally, we have Potosi, which if we went there it would be the most bustling, rich city, but it would have noticeable contrast as well. Why? Slavery. All over the place. Started as a mining town, and as soon as they hit silver the town grew really quickly. By 1611, the population was of 114.000 people, 1/3rd Spanish and the rest indigenous. By the start of the 17th century it had no less than 36 churches (imagine all the viewpoints) and the Spanish population was rich beyond measure, at the cost of the indigenous population working constantly at least 16 hours a day. To compensate for the diminishing indigenous labor force, the colonists made a request in 1608 to the Crown in Madrid to begin allowing the importation of 1,500 to 2,000 African slaves per year. So yes, it sounds like a location that holds tons of potential.

http://m1.paperblog.com/i/148/1486765/principio-potosi-L-kGw1bi.jpeg

What do you think?

BlizzKrut
06-20-2013, 09:55 AM
All the ideas are awesome, but I also have one, it can be a main game or just a spin-off, but an Assassin's Creed in Mongolia would be pretty badass, I mean, we already have the Mongolian Assassins (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Mongolian_Assassins) and one assassin from that order, Qulan Gal (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Qulan_Gal), we could explore it more.
I'm not very into the Mongolian History but I'll get to work to kinda figure out what we could do with that, I think it would be a quite nice setting.
And also, my country, Portugal!
One of the countries with the richest story out there, I will be surprised if they don't include Portugal in ACIV:BF.

Gouldylocks
06-20-2013, 11:12 AM
I hope its Nikolai, Russian Assassin 1800-1930. Im dying for him to be the next protagonist, and the fact this could be the figure in the CE :D

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/0/01/ACAnniversary-Orelov_Render.png

Assassin_M
06-20-2013, 11:26 AM
*1880-1930.
the only problem

ze_topazio
06-20-2013, 03:32 PM
And also, my country, Portugal!
One of the countries with the richest story out there, I will be surprised if they don't include Portugal in ACIV:BF.

I like your line of thought brother!

When AC4 was announced they said they were going to include Bartholomew Roberts infamous attack on 42 Portuguese ships near Rio de Janeiro.

And i like your avatar, I'm the one who created that picture/fanart some time ago, never would have expected to see someone use it as an avatar, hehe

BlizzKrut
06-20-2013, 03:38 PM
I like your line of thought brother!

When AC4 was announced they said they were going to include Bartholomew Roberts infamous attack on 42 Portuguese ships near Rio de Janeiro.

And i like your avatar, I'm the one who created that picture/fanart some time ago, never would have expected to see someone use it as an avatar, hehe

That, and also a mission to due with Brazil and Portugal if I remember.
You were the one who created it? It's awesome, hope you don't mind if I use it.

ze_topazio
06-20-2013, 03:44 PM
the only problem

I don't see a problem, they could put more effort in to the stealth to avoid gunfights and it's not like random guards would go around carrying an arsenal of weapons, imagine roaming around Moscow or Saint Petersburg on one of those ancient cars from the early 20th century.

That, and also a mission to due with Brazil and Portugal if I remember.
You were the one who created it? It's awesome, hope you don't mind if I use it.

I don't mind at all.

Sigv4rd
06-20-2013, 10:56 PM
I hope its Nikolai, Russian Assassin 1800-1930. Im dying for him to be the next protagonist, and the fact this could be the figure in the CE :D

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/0/01/ACAnniversary-Orelov_Render.png

I think Watch Dogs is Ubisoft's proof that they can do an AC game set in a more modern time period... Not that I necessarily want them to, but they can. If they do decide to go more modern my preference would be around the time of 1910 during the Japanese occupation of Korea, with the Assassin fighting for Korean independence from Japan.

Assassin_M
06-20-2013, 11:02 PM
I don't see a problem, they could put more effort in to the stealth to avoid gunfights and it's not like random guards would go around carrying an arsenal of weapons, imagine roaming around Moscow or Saint Petersburg on one of those ancient cars from the early 20th century
never going to happen...it`s simply not AC...cars, modern guns....i don`t ever see it happening

montagemik
06-20-2013, 11:18 PM

The Pirate theme could be exploited to include little references to Shao-jun (bit of a stretch ,but possible) .

Remember the Necklace /key Haytham had in AC:3 - Disc with a Chinese dragon design, 'Head turned full circle' (theme song ? ) - Could be one of many treasures & items Edward acquires in the game, like rope-darts.
Ya never know they may eventually change their minds & one day make an AC in China/Japan .......... .

ze_topazio
06-20-2013, 11:54 PM
never going to happen...it`s simply not AC...cars, modern guns....i don`t ever see it happening

We are sailing ships this days, so you never know.

Assassin_M
06-21-2013, 12:01 AM
We are sailing ships this days, so you never know.
Yeah Ships....we`v been seeing ships since AC I...now we`re operating one....History

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 12:07 AM
We've been seeing cars since AC2. Maybe we'll operate one some day.

Can't tell you how much I wanted to ride a motorcycle as Desmond.

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 12:09 AM
As for Nikolai, I can see him being in a 3DS or Vita title, but not in a main series game, at least not as the main playable protagonist. Why? Because his whole story is told in The Fall and The Chain​.

AC2_alex
06-21-2013, 12:12 AM
As for Nikolai, I can see him being in a 3DS or Vita title, but not in a main series game, at least not as the main playable protagonist. Why? Because his whole story is told in The Fall and The Chain​.

Well it would be like watching a movie based on a book. Even though you know whats going to happen its still cool to see. I would love a Nikolai console game tbh.

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 12:19 AM
While I wouldn't mind it if the game was basing it off an actual written book, The Fall and The Chain are different, seeing as they're comics. We already have the story in visual representation.

montagemik
06-21-2013, 12:22 AM
Well it would be like watching a movie based on a book. Even though you know whats going to happen its still cool to see. I would love a Nikolai console game tbh.

I'd like a Subject 16/ Clay game - spanning a few ancestors & time periods . I'd just be interested to play similar games from a different perspective - knowing his End would no more spoil his Game & story for me than knowing Desmond was gonna die for the last few games.

AC2_alex
06-21-2013, 12:26 AM
I'd like a Subject 16/ Clay game - spanning a few ancestors & time periods . I'd just be interested to play similar games from a different perspective - knowing his End would no more spoil his Game & story for me than knowing Desmond was gonna die for the last few games.

This too, I would enjoy.

Assassin_M
06-21-2013, 12:30 AM
We've been seeing cars since AC2. Maybe we'll operate one some day.
Yeah the difference is that time and time again they`v asserted that the Modern Gameplay is a SIDESHOW...

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 12:31 AM
I was kidding anyway. Sheesh.

Assassin_M
06-21-2013, 12:33 AM
I was kidding anyway. Sheesh.
Well I wasn't being grumpy xD

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 12:35 AM
it's the way you capitalized sideshow.

Assassin_M
06-21-2013, 12:46 AM
it's the way you capitalized sideshow.
i`m sorry :P

Sigv4rd
06-21-2013, 07:13 PM
The Pirate theme could be exploited to include little references to Shao-jun (bit of a stretch ,but possible) .

Remember the Necklace /key Haytham had in AC:3 - Disc with a Chinese dragon design, 'Head turned full circle' (theme song ? ) - Could be one of many treasures & items Edward acquires in the game, like rope-darts.
Ya never know they may eventually change their minds & one day make an AC in China/Japan .......... .

Change their minds? What do you mean by that?

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Ubisoft once said they wouldn't make an AC game in feudal Japan. I am expecting a game that takes place in China eventually, with Shao Jun. Whether it be a main system game or a portable game, I don't care, just as long as it's good.

Sigv4rd
06-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Ubisoft once said they wouldn't make an AC game in feudal Japan. I am expecting a game that takes place in China eventually, with Shao Jun. Whether it be a main system game or a portable game, I don't care, just as long as it's good.

Aw yes we can agree on that, Assassin's Creed V: Far East (not the best title). but what does Ubi not wanting to do feudal Japan have to do with China?

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 07:52 PM
China and Japan are often seen as being similar.

And I'm actually thinking the game will likely be a Vita title, Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoenix maybe?

stingray110
06-21-2013, 08:18 PM
The other topic brought to me a great idea (!!!). Mentioned South America. Cryptic messages in AC1 did show the lines of Nazca and something that resembled Machu Picchu. But Inca architecture might not be the best fit for the gameplay of the series (even though it'd be cool to see it). So what do I propose? Early colonial era. Early-mid 1600, before the 1650 earthquake. Say, 1613-1630 more or less. So what do we have there?

On one hand, we have Lima. Capital of the Viceroyalty, and a pretty big city at the time. It actually was threatened by pirates at points, but it grew to be a rather large city. Just blatant copypasta here: "Lima flourished during the 17th century as the center of an extensive trade network which integrated the Viceroyalty of Peru with the Americas, Europe and the Far East. Its merchants channeled Peruvian silver through the nearby port of Callao and exchanged it for imported goods at the trade fair of Portobelo in modern day Panama. This practice was sanctioned by law as all trade from the Viceroyalty was required to go through Callao on its way to and from overseas markets. The resulting economic prosperity of the city was reflected in its rapid growth, population expanded from about 25,000 in 1619 to an estimated 80,000 in 1687."

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a233/sebvill/Limaantigua.jpg

Then we have Cusco. Another big city, which was the center of the Inca Empire and became an important Spanish city. Even during colonial times, the population was mainly of Inca descent and many of aristocratic Inca families, which made them more respectable in Spanish eyes. Another blatant copypasta 'cause I'm lazy. "Cusco was the center for the Spanish colonization and spread of Christianity in the Andean world. It became very prosperous thanks to agriculture, cattle raising, and mining, as well as its trade with Spain. The Spanish colonists constructed many churches and convents, as well as a cathedral, university and Archbishopric. Just as the Inca built on top of Killke structures, Spanish buildings were based on the massive stone walls built by the Inca."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Cuzco.jpg

Finally, we have Potosi, which if we went there it would be the most bustling, rich city, but it would have noticeable contrast as well. Why? Slavery. All over the place. Started as a mining town, and as soon as they hit silver the town grew really quickly. By 1611, the population was of 114.000 people, 1/3rd Spanish and the rest indigenous. By the start of the 17th century it had no less than 36 churches (imagine all the viewpoints) and the Spanish population was rich beyond measure, at the cost of the indigenous population working constantly at least 16 hours a day. To compensate for the diminishing indigenous labor force, the colonists made a request in 1608 to the Crown in Madrid to begin allowing the importation of 1,500 to 2,000 African slaves per year. So yes, it sounds like a location that holds tons of potential.

http://m1.paperblog.com/i/148/1486765/principio-potosi-L-kGw1bi.jpeg

What do you think?

I would just like to thank you for going to great length to flesh out your ideas, you have at least one person's appreciation.

Sigv4rd
06-21-2013, 08:26 PM
China and Japan are often seen as being similar.

And I'm actually thinking the game will likely be a Vita title, Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoenix maybe?

I really hate that comparison... Japan and China are as similar as England and France. I really do hope for an AC game in Japan around 1180-1185 during the Genpei war, or perhaps the Sengoku period in the late 16th century.

Rugterwyper32
06-21-2013, 10:20 PM
I would just like to thank you for going to great length to flesh out your ideas, you have at least one person's appreciation.

Thank you! I'm glad you could appreciate it.

I really hate that comparison... Japan and China are as similar as England and France. I really do hope for an AC game in Japan around 1180-1185 during the Genpei war, or perhaps the Sengoku period in the late 16th century.

The cryptic messages in AC1 show Yonaguni, Mount Fuji and Nara style pagodas. Maybe something around the Nara or early Heian period in Japan? I, for one, think that could be rather interesting.

Sigv4rd
06-23-2013, 04:57 AM
Thank you! I'm glad you could appreciate it.

The cryptic messages in AC1 show Yonaguni, Mount Fuji and Nara style pagodas. Maybe something around the Nara or early Heian period in Japan? I, for one, think that could be rather interesting.

Heian period sounds good...

montagemik
06-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Change their minds? What do you mean by that?

UBI Devs have stated in previous interviews , they don't want to use settings/locations that are widely or over - used in games or other media. Something like that.

Numerous games around the Chinese dynasties + movies & numerous games around Feudal japan ( Ninja assassins :rolleyes: & samurai ) + movies kind of automatically rules China / Japan out by default .
(unless they change their minds )

ze_topazio
06-23-2013, 12:20 PM
^ Yet they choose a pirate setting...

Megas_Doux
06-23-2013, 02:06 PM
UBI Devs have stated in previous interviews , they don't want to use settings/locations that are widely or over - used in games or other media. Something like that.

Numerous games around the Chinese dynasties + movies & numerous games around Feudal japan ( Ninja assassins :rolleyes: & samurai ) + movies kind of automatically rules China / Japan out by default .

And yet, many here want both ancient Greece/Rome....
Double standarts!!!!

I would love a game set in the Opium wars, the advantages of the far east, but with a relatively unknown period.

dxsxhxcx
06-23-2013, 05:02 PM

this didn't stop them from making a game about pirates

freddie_1897
06-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Burma

Gouldylocks
06-24-2013, 11:41 AM
I read that a few people are against WW2, i could see it being a fairly good setting given that the templars used the british to expand to america in AC3. Would be the same a hitler being a Templar, or templars using hitler to expand through europe. Kind of reminds me of wolverine origins, where logan and his brother travel through the years, and through many wars to the present. Reminded me of Assassins and templars lol

Salt-Sage
06-25-2013, 10:49 PM
British Raj is my pick. The architecture is so foreign (well, if you're not Indian :p).

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 10:49 PM
British Raj is my pick. The architecture is so foreign (well, if you're not Indian :p).
That`s less than all of Europe...

Sigv4rd
06-26-2013, 05:20 AM
Interesting :)
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal_Skulls
"Within Emperor Jiajing's sin and Quetzalcoatl's hunger lies the answers."
Makes me think we may get a game with Emperor Jiajing in Ming China, with Shao Jun obtaining a crystal skull...

Rugterwyper32
06-26-2013, 05:28 AM
Interesting :)
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal_Skulls
"Within Emperor Jiajing's sin and Quetzalcoatl's hunger lies the answers."
Makes me think we may get a game with Emperor Jiajing in Ming China, with Shao Jun obtaining a crystal skull...

And I think we've got something rather fun to go with it:

"Despite this, Giovanni continued to study the Skull, gazing into it for at least an hour each day for about 22 years. Finally, in 1542, an unknown Chinese man, who had apparently also acquired a Skull, used its communicative powers to contact Giovanni."

I think we could end up seeing this work out

Sigv4rd
06-26-2013, 05:50 AM
And I think we've got something rather fun to go with it:

"Despite this, Giovanni continued to study the Skull, gazing into it for at least an hour each day for about 22 years. Finally, in 1542, an unknown Chinese man, who had apparently also acquired a Skull, used its communicative powers to contact Giovanni."

I think we could end up seeing this work out

The modern Templars utilize Crystal Skulls in order to communicate without the Assassins monitoring them. However due to the limited number of skulls only the most important people have access to them, (Vidic had one) to share important "don't let the Assassins know about this" information... Perhaps we could play as a modern Assassin viewing Shao Jun's memories to find Jiajing's Crystal Skull?

Rugterwyper32
06-29-2013, 01:26 AM
I've decided to bring this topic back to life to cover my extensive post on an Elizabethan Era idea since it would clutter up the other topic and this is more about "post what you think would be good" so there you go. Warning, long post ahead.

First off, why it could be an interesting time period:

"The Elizabethan Age was also an age of plots and conspiracies, frequently political in nature and often involving the highest levels of Elizabethan society. High officials in Madrid, Paris and Rome sought to kill Elizabeth, a Protestant, and replace her with Mary, Queen of Scots, a Catholic. That would be a prelude to the religious recovery of England for Catholicism. In 1570, the Ridolfi plot was thwarted. In 1584, the Throckmorton Plot was discovered, after Francis Throckmorton confessed his involvement in a plot to overthrow the Queen and restore the Catholic Church in England. Another major conspiracy was the Babington Plot – the event which most directly led to Mary's execution, the discovery of which involved a double agent Gilbert Gifford acting under the direction of Francis Walsingham, the Queen's highly effective spy master.

The Essex Rebellion of 1601 has a dramatic element as just before the uprising, supporters of the Earl of Essex, among them Charles and Joscelyn Percy (younger brothers of the Earl of Northumberland), paid for a performance of Richard II at the Globe Theatre, apparently with the goal of stirring public ill will towards the monarchy. It was reported at the trial of Essex by Chamberlain's Men actor Augustine Phillips, the conspirators paid the company forty shillings "above the ordinary" (i. e., above their usual rate) to stage the play, which the players felt was too old and "out of use" to attract a large audience.

In the Bye Plot of 1603, two Catholic priests planned to kidnap King James and hold him in the Tower of London until he agreed to be more tolerant towards Catholics. Most dramatic was the 1605 Gunpowder Plot to blow up the House of Lords during the State Opening of Parliament. It was discovered in time with eight conspirators executed, including Guy Fawkes, who became the iconic evil traitor in English lore."

Hey look Guy Fawkes is also there we have some pretty interesting figures. We've got William Shakespeare too, for instance, and Christopher Marlowe. Considering the Second Desmond Rebellion and the Nine Years War happened at that point, we could also have a few Irish locations while at that. And it's the perfect place for a female assassin, I should say.

"The role of women in society was, for the historical era, relatively unconstrained; Spanish and Italian visitors to England commented regularly, and sometimes caustically, on the freedom that women enjoyed in England, in contrast to their home cultures. England had more well-educated upper class women than was common anywhere in Europe."

So there we have why it could work. A good amount of leisure activities to work as minigames which could be good fun. But what about locations?

Well, there's the obvious London. The game could honestly go based only around there and plots, but I like the idea of multiple locations so I'll play around with that. London would be a very central city with all sorts of plots and intrigue going on. A very high-class city, very populated and filled with good buildings for freerunning, lots of tall points. Would also be the biggest city in the game by far, which would lead to the next city I'll talk. A few areas with trees, too, so to not ignore free-running.

http://historic-cities.huji.ac.il/british_isles/london/maps/braun_hogenberg_I_A_b.jpg

Then we move on to Bristol. Having recently made it to city status, it'd be another big location. What could make it work? Well, a few things:
"In the sixteenth century, however, Bristol merchants concentrated on developing their trade to Spain and its American colonies. This included the smuggling of 'prohibited' wares, such as foodstuffs and guns, to Iberia, even during the Anglo-Spanish war of 1585–1604. Indeed, the scale of the city's illicit trade grew enormously after 1558, to become an essential component of the city's economy." (potential for Templar influence there)
"In 1574 Elizabeth I visited the city during her Royal Progress through the western counties. The city burgesses spent over one thousand pounds on preparations and entertainments, most of which was raised by special rate assessments." (Potential assassination mission making up a plot that didn't exist)
"The castle had fallen into disuse in the late Tudor era, but the City authorities had no control over royal property and the precincts became a refuge for lawbreakers." (speaks for itself)
As you can see, Bristol has a lot of potential. We also have to remember that all targets in Jerusalem in AC1 weren't real, so why not work with the same element here?

http://historic-cities.huji.ac.il/british_isles/bristol/maps/braun_hogenberg_III_2_b.jpg

Then we move on to Ireland. So here we have Dublin. Smaller than both locations prior, it would still be a rather important location, being a central city in The Pale of Ireland. A few reasons it could work? Well, here they are.
"While the Old English community of Dublin and the Pale were happy with the conquest and disarmament of the native Irish, they were deeply alienated by the Protestant reformation that had taken place in England, being almost all Roman Catholics. In addition, they were angered by being forced to pay for the English garrisons of the country through an extra-parliamentary tax known as "cess". Several Dubliners were executed for taking part in the Second Desmond Rebellion in the 1580s. The Mayoress of Dublin, Margaret Ball died in captivity in Dublin Castle for her Catholic sympathies in 1584 and a Catholic Archbishop, Dermot O'Hurley was hanged outside the city walls in the same year."
"The Dublin community's discontent was deepened by the events of the Nine Years War of the 1590s, when English soldiers were required by decree to be housed by the townsmen of Dublin and they spread disease and forced up the price of food. The wounded lay in stalls in the streets, in the absence of a proper hospital. To compound disaffection in the city, in 1597, the English Army's gunpowder store in Winetavern Street exploded accidentally, killing nearly 200 Dubliners. It should be noted, however, that the Pale community, however dissatisfied they were with English government, remained hostile to the Gaelic Irish led by Hugh O'Neill."
It could potentially be a pretty hostile town in terms of feel, with a deep division between Catholics and Protestants, and it could get worse as the storyline progresses. A stark contrast to the rich and imposing city of London and the corrupt yet bustling Bristol.

http://historic-cities.huji.ac.il/british_isles/dublin/maps/braun_hogenberg_VI_3_2_b.jpg

Finally, the smallest location in the game, Cork. While every other location would be under British rule, Cork was in the Munster area, where the Desmond Rebellions broke out. It would be more along the lines of San Gimignano from AC2: A smaller location with plantations and churches and abbeys around.
"The character of Cork was changed by the Tudor conquest of Ireland (c.1540-1603) which left the English authorities in control of all of Ireland for the first time, introduced thousands of English settlers in the Plantations of Ireland and significantly, tried to impose the Protestant Reformation on a predominantly Catholic country. Cork suffered from the warfare involved in the reconquest, particularly in the Second Desmond Rebellion in 1579-83, when thousands of rural people fled to the city to avoid the fighting, bringing with them an outbreak of bubonic plague. Cork by and large sided with the Crown in these conflicts, even after a Spanish expeditionary force landed at nearby Kinsale in 1601 during the Nine Years War. However, the price the citizens demanded for their loyalty was toleration of their Roman Catholic religion. In 1603, the citizens of Cork along with Waterford and Limerick rebelled, expelling Protestant ministers, imprisoning English officials, seizing the municipal arsenals and demanding freedom of worship for Catholics. They refused to admit Lord Mountjoy’s English army when it marched south, citing their charters from 12th century. Mountjoy retorted that he would, "cut King John his charter with King James his sword" and arrested the ringleaders, thus ending the revolt."

http://historic-cities.huji.ac.il/british_isles/cork/maps/braun_hogenberg_VI_3_4_b.jpg

So there's my take on it, after some very basic research and the such. I could read up more and find potential targets and the such, but hey, I don't really feel up to it. Could be fun though. But yeah, what do you think, everyone?

eagleforlife1
06-30-2013, 02:22 PM
I would quite like a game before AC1 period, but no later than Ezio period. I really like older history.

Megas_Doux
06-30-2013, 04:06 PM
I do not care if many hate the idea, I would really want to see an AC set in Chine, ancient and thriving cities like Guangzhou, Beijing and Hangzhou....

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120608231838/kungfupanda/images/0/0f/GongmenHarborEarly2.jpg

Ureh
06-30-2013, 09:31 PM
@Megas_Doux Me too.

LintonMildone
07-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I do not care if many hate the idea, I would really want to see an AC set in Chine, ancient and thriving cities like Guangzhou, Beijing and Hangzhou....

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120608231838/kungfupanda/images/0/0f/GongmenHarborEarly2.jpg

You think you can fool the Assassin's Creed fans but I'm a Kung Fu Panda fan as well and this picture is the concept art of Gongmen city, an entirely fictional city in a fictional universalized version of Ancient China that is populated by sentient animals. I don't think there's a city in Ancient China that is an exact replica of the fictional city we are looking at in this picture but I'm sure that there is a bay like this including the ships and boats.

ze_topazio
07-01-2013, 08:24 PM
That's a great post Rugterwyper32.

Megas_Doux
07-01-2013, 08:34 PM
You think you can fool the Assassin's Creed fans but I'm a Kung Fu Panda fan as well and this picture is the concept art of Gongmen city, an entirely fictional city in a fictional universalized version of Ancient China that is populated by sentient animals. I don't think there's a city in Ancient China that is an exact replica of the fictional city we are looking at in this picture but I'm sure that there is a bay like this including the ships and boats.

I knew that!

I was not trying to "fool" anyone, I was trying to show how gorgeous an AC could look on a chinese city, here more examples:

These two, real images:

http://images.chinahighlights.com/travelguide1/culture/architecture/features-of-ancient-chinese-architecture.jpg
http://www.globaltimes.cn/Portals/0/attachment/2011/2f37e42e-ecc8-475e-a737-2b10fde9e422.jpg

and a concept art one
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/019/6/2/622efb1a14671c088204214935b97a62-d4mvivi.png