PDA

View Full Version : New DirectX 9c sound issues

THE_Bu11dog
08-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Well I waited for M$ to officially put up the new DirectX 9c client files. I downloaded and installed them like always. And everything looked and ran just fine. However when I fired up FB, the sound wasn't quite right. It worked.... it was just real quiet. I cranked up the in game volume settings and it got a bit better but not much. I couldn't hear the bullets hit my plane anymore either. I usually get a lot of holes in my plane so I know I have heard them hitting before. My in cockpit gun sounds were real puney too. Not that robust sound it used to have. I had to turn off the sound extensions just to make the sound louder.

Well thankfully I made a pre-install restore point. I rolled back to the DirectX 9b files to get my good sounds back.

Has anyone else tried the new DirectX 9c files? If so how are they working on your machine and in the game?

THE_Bu11dog
08-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Well I waited for M$ to officially put up the new DirectX 9c client files. I downloaded and installed them like always. And everything looked and ran just fine. However when I fired up FB, the sound wasn't quite right. It worked.... it was just real quiet. I cranked up the in game volume settings and it got a bit better but not much. I couldn't hear the bullets hit my plane anymore either. I usually get a lot of holes in my plane so I know I have heard them hitting before. My in cockpit gun sounds were real puney too. Not that robust sound it used to have. I had to turn off the sound extensions just to make the sound louder.

Well thankfully I made a pre-install restore point. I rolled back to the DirectX 9b files to get my good sounds back.

Has anyone else tried the new DirectX 9c files? If so how are they working on your machine and in the game?

Nub_322Sqn
08-06-2004, 11:41 AM
I installed DirectX 9.0c some time ago and everything works normally as before.

Never even noticed any real difference with 9.0b.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rcma/banners/Nubarusbanner.jpg

Udidtoo
08-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Really couldn't notice any differences in FB good or bad. Some slight increase in performance with DX,Direct 3D games but nothing outstanding.

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.