PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed post-apocalyptic DLC?

monsenor
06-03-2013, 04:01 AM
I had been thinking about post-apocalyptic dlc for a future Assassins Creed and I believe it could work. You would have to search/trade for any bullets/rope-darts/poison darts.
The gun can be a manual-cocking revolver so that you can't just be shooting your bullets non-stop, and reloading would take some time. Mutant animals that attack you and bandits. You could fight them or free-run your way out. Remember that this would be a dlc, not a full-on game, unless Ubisoft wanted it to be. I have created some character art, but since I am new to the forums I don't know how to show the picture correctly.

assassin.jpg

Assassin_M
06-03-2013, 04:06 AM
Why did you make the second option "It wouldn't work out"? Anything can work out, but AC has, is and always will be about History....I just want a simple "no" as a vote, so

No

STDlyMcStudpants
06-03-2013, 05:24 AM
There are a billion post apocalyptic games...history and freshness only!

roostersrule2
06-03-2013, 05:42 AM
History in the future?

monsenor
06-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Sort of like a tyranny of King Washington thing. It COULD have happened.

Assassin_M
06-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Sort of like a tyranny of King Washington thing. It COULD have happened.
Difference is...ToKW remained a HISTORICAL narrative...you want a post apocalyptic modern setting, so no....ANYTHING should remain in the past....even zombies...i`d be fine with Zombies, as long as it`s in the past

monsenor
06-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Well Red Dead Redemption did a zombie dlc. The Cold War, you know?

Megas_Doux
06-04-2013, 03:53 AM
http://www.wall321.com/thumbnails/detail/20120228/assassin%20assassins%20creed%20futuristic%20grim%2 0artwork%201280x1024%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_5 9.jpg

I voted no, although that fan art looks REALLY cool...

Gi1t
06-04-2013, 06:41 AM
There are a billion post apocalyptic games...history and freshness only!

Exactly what I was going to say. :) I am so sick of the nation of post-apocalyptia. XD That theme has been done to death in both movies AND games. In general, I'm tired of all these ****ty looking environments in games where they just litter waste and grime on everything and make a totally dull and messy level layout to make it look and feel 'real'. -__- We have the tech to make those gorgeous backgrounds actual places in the game now, but all I keep seeing is the same boring cities and wastelands half the time.

MasterAssasin84
06-04-2013, 03:03 PM
I had been thinking about post-apocalyptic dlc for a future Assassins Creed and I believe it could work. You would have to search/trade for any bullets/rope-darts/poison darts.
The gun can be a manual-cocking revolver so that you can't just be shooting your bullets non-stop, and reloading would take some time. Mutant animals that attack you and bandits. You could fight them or free-run your way out. Remember that this would be a dlc, not a full-on game, unless Ubisoft wanted it to be. I have created some character art, but since I am new to the forums I don't know how to show the picture correctly.

assassin.jpg

I am sorry but i big fat NO this will never work Assassins Creed is known for Historical experience beautiful cities and social interaction ! The only way an apocolyptic theme could be explored is if Desmond and CO heeded Minerver's warning and contained Juno. So this would be the modern day gameplay were the sun actualy cooked the earth !

But Assassins Creed would not be AC without the Historical experience.

montagemik
06-04-2013, 03:16 PM

assassin.jpg

I honestly gave it a fair reading .......But had to stop when you threw in MUTANT ANIMALS !! :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Nice picture though .

MasterAssasin84
06-04-2013, 03:41 PM
I honestly gave it a fair reading .......But had to stop when you threw in MUTANT ANIMALS !! :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Nice picture though .

I think the OP should consider Resident Evil or Metro in all honesty but as i said in my response the only way and apocolyptic theme could be explored is if Desmond choose to contain Juno and heeded Minervers warning and the Sun cooked the earth ( but this would be the modern day sequences not the historical ) but bad idea.

Bastiaen
06-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Please, please no. We don't need more of this junk.

silvermercy
06-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Well, if we wait a few hundred years, there may be a possibility of a historical post-apocalyptic AC. :p I reckon this would be AC LXXXIX.