PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Edward's daughter will be in AC4?

LoyalACFan
06-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Jenny Kenway was born in 1713, so she'd be 2 when the game starts and 12ish when it ends. I would imagine she'd be safe at home back in Wales, but I must admit it would be interesting to see Edward in a father role, and would certainly differentiate him Ezio for those saying he's just Ezio 2.0

I-Like-Pie45
06-02-2013, 06:01 AM
There is something Darby has been meaning to tell you but he just couldn't. But I thought you all should know though...

On Saturday morning last week, I saw a guy leaving Darby's house with the script...

How should I put it... let's just say Edward has an outlet for alleviating his drunk depression rages in Jenny.

I'm sorry... sorry to bring this up right before E3 but...

pacmanate
06-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Jenny Kenway was born in 1713, so she'd be 2 when the game starts and 12ish when it ends. I would imagine she'd be safe at home back in Wales, but I must admit it would be interesting to see Edward in a father role, and would certainly differentiate him Ezio for those saying he's just Ezio 2.0

Definitely. It would be great to included her. I think when he joins the Assassin's, Jenny could be put at danger at some point, maybe kidnapped for a trade off. This is probably where we see Edward's character maturing and changing drastically.

Farlander1991
06-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Wasn't there a concept art of Edward with Jenny at a shoreline? Or was that fan-art?

silvermercy
06-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Wasn't there a concept art of Edward with Jenny at a shoreline? Or was that fan-art?
That was fan-art.

As for differentiating him from Ezio, yes, perhaps that could help. Even though I'm not sure how they will show it clearly when we play as pirates for most of the game. Perhaps this happens towards the end when he ends his pirate career. Because, surely, he must end it for a reason I suppose... So either something happens to Jenny and he returns and then falls in love with Tessa and/or he is a wanted man and tries to escape.

Sushiglutton
06-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Yeah I hope so, like you said it would be something very different from the other games. Maybe there will be something similar to Cristina memories? At the very least she will influence how Edward acts and what drives him, even if she has no physical pressence.

Farlander1991
06-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Because, surely, he must end it for a reason I suppose...

The fact that pretty much all pirates he meets during the game (at least those who have been confirmed) die throughout the course of the game might also act as an additional motivation for that.

Assassin_M
06-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Definitely. It would be great to included her. I think when he joins the Assassin's, Jenny could be put at danger at some point, maybe kidnapped for a trade off. This is probably where we see Edward's character maturing and changing drastically.
That`d be pretty boring tbh...and cartoonish, I don`t mind overdone, but...kidnapping then "I realize....i was wrong :)" meeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh

pacmanate
06-02-2013, 11:33 AM
That`d be pretty boring tbh...and cartoonish, I don`t mind overdone, but...kidnapping then "I realize....i was wrong :)" meeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Well maybe not a kidnapping, but danger. His character could take a turn when his family is under threat. I don't get the "I realise I was wrong" thing, because he was still an Assassin when Haytham was born...

Assassin_M
06-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Well maybe not a kidnapping, but danger. His character could take a turn when his family is under threat. I don't get the "I realise I was wrong" thing, because he was still an Assassin when Haytham was born...
I meant wrong as a pirate...being an Assassin is what redeems him xD he can`t call that wrong :P

pacmanate
06-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I meant wrong as a pirate...being an Assassin is what redeems him xD he can`t call that wrong :P

Ohh I was talking about him being an Assassin and his family goes under threat, not him being a pirate and his family being under threat D:

deskp
06-02-2013, 01:34 PM
His family presumably being in the UK and Edward in the caribbean, would be abit of a stretch that they'd be involved in the middle of the game or so. it would take anyone forever to kidnap his family in any manner that was shown and not just told him. I would like to see some non caribbean parts off the game though! like how ac3 had london, but i'd want more!

dxsxhxcx
06-02-2013, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing his memories from before he become a pirate/assassin in the form of "repressed memories" like we did with Christina, I just hope they introduce these memories for character development purposes only and don't come with an excuse that Edward was a skilled person who was capable to climb buildings since he was a kid, let us just roam around the city on the ground like a "normal" person would do and tell us a story about his past..

I-Like-Pie45
06-02-2013, 04:36 PM
I think to truly separate Edward from the rest of his Assassin kin is by sending him through a character arc that no one has experienced before in the AC series. It's an innovative hook that no storyline has ever dared explored and it will move, innovate, and stun the gaming industry. It will make the AC series much more meaningful.

Edward Kenway should suffer breast cancer, in addition to an addiction to domestic abuse.

montagemik
06-02-2013, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing his memories from before he become a pirate/assassin in the form of "repressed memories" like we did with Christina, I just hope they introduce these memories for character development purposes only and don't come with an excuse that Edward was a skilled person who was capable to climb buildings since he was a kid, let us just roam around the city on the ground like a "normal" person would do and tell us a story about his past..

You never know - the extra 60 mins :rolleyes: of Playstation gameplay could be this kind of thing , as 'one of the king's men' , Not absolutely essential to the story - Just an interesting insight into his former life.

pacmanate
06-02-2013, 05:50 PM
His family presumably being in the UK and Edward in the caribbean, would be abit of a stretch that they'd be involved in the middle of the game or so. it would take anyone forever to kidnap his family in any manner that was shown and not just told him. I would like to see some non caribbean parts off the game though! like how ac3 had london, but i'd want more!

Why? Whose to say they didn't move to the UK to get away from the Pirate life.

dxsxhxcx
06-02-2013, 05:51 PM
You never know - the extra 60 mins :rolleyes: of Playstation gameplay could be this kind of thing , as 'one of the king's men' , Not absolutely essential to the story - Just an interesting insight into his former life.

IMO this is too important to be made exclusive of one platform..

LoyalACFan
06-03-2013, 01:03 AM

Definitely. The PS's exclusive content will probably be a random series of mediocre missions unrelated to the main plot, just like ACB and AC3.

montagemik
06-03-2013, 01:08 AM

Seeing Edward as a loyal man of the king's navy in this story will probably be as essential to the story gameplay as Benedict Arnold missions were in AC-3 .
Sure they were important events for the people involved , But the essential Edward story angle here for me is = Meeting & being trained as an Assassin , 1st civ treasure & being a Pirate.
Why he opted to become a pirate , can be filler missions / DLC or a narrative cutscene from Edward himself at some point in the story as far as i'm concerned.

Would be fun to play maybe , but not essential or plotbreaking if not included as playable sections.

monsenor
06-03-2013, 03:47 AM
Wait... who the $&@($&@( is Jenhy?!?!

Assassin_M
06-03-2013, 03:53 AM
Wait... who the $&@($&@( is Jenhy?!?!
You know, you could`v saved yourself the trouble of using your left hand to keep holding shift, then proceeding to slowly type random patterns of symbols to signify a swear.....and it`s not even a swear..it has what? 8 letters? how? why?

Title of thread is "Edward`s daughter...." Everyone is talking about a Jenny...who the "$&@($&@(" do you think IS Jenny?? his mom?

MasterAssasin84
06-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Hmm this is a good topic i am very curious to see if Jenny will make an appearence, i mean Jenny Kenway was born in 1713 so if BF is set in 1715 there might be a small reference to her ? who knows.

Kaschra
06-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I really hope she appears or is at least mentioned.

joey-4321_web
06-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Yes she will be in Edwards storyline where she will be young and in a possible Connor segment( which would hypothetically take place before the tyrrany dlc because connor already knew in that dlc) where she reveals to connor that he he has assassin blood and not Templar blood at which point he will get his ring finger branded, say the creed and perform a leap of faith.

Even if there is no connor segment( but there will be, THERE WILL BE I TELL YA!) she will appear nonetheless since by forsaken she already knew about Edward and his stabby hobby.

On an unrelated note, how do some of you have signatures bigger then 500x150?