PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Should Have Had...

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Tornadoes, buffaloes, rattlesnakes and gophers.

What do you think it should have had?

Assassin_M
05-30-2013, 09:44 PM
No

better game design

LoyalACFan
05-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Tornadoes would be way too complex and they're pretty rare in New England anyway, and American bison never existed in that area. Rattlesnakes would be kinda cool, I guess, but why gophers? We've already got rabbits, raccoons, and beavers. Don't see why gophers would add anything exciting.

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Tornadoes would be way too complex and they're pretty rare in New England anyway, and American bison never existed in that area. Rattlesnakes would be kinda cool, I guess, but why gophers? We've already got rabbits, raccoons, and beavers. Don't see why gophers would add anything exciting.

It takes a bobcat up to 2 hours to kill a gopher(they are badass mofos) and it celebrates it's kill by tossing it in the air, this would have been good to witness.

BATISTABUS
05-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Autumn.

LoyalACFan
05-30-2013, 10:01 PM
It takes a bobcat up to 2 hours to kill a gopher(they are badass mofos) and it celebrates it's kill by tossing it in the air, this would have been good to witness.

:confused: I'm pretty sure gophers are herbivores... Are you sure you're not thinking of badgers, or wolverines?

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 10:05 PM
:confused: I'm pretty sure gophers are herbivores... Are you sure you're not thinking of badgers, or wolverines?

No no, the Bobcat kills the gopher and tosses it's kill around. Prior to the vulgar murder of poor gophy gopher he would prodd frantically from ground hole to ground hole avoiding the bobcats blows until one utterly tragic and fatal blow.

LoyalACFan
05-30-2013, 10:14 PM
No no, the Bobcat kills the gopher and tosses it's kill around. Prior to the vulgar murder of poor gophy gopher he would prodd frantically from ground hole to ground hole avoiding the bobcats blows until one utterly tragic and fatal blow.

Ah, ok, gotcha ;) And yeah, it would have been cool to see more interactions like this within the game's ecosystem. All I've ever seen is two moose butting heads, and on very rare occasions, a bear fishing.

Kaschra
05-30-2013, 10:20 PM
autumn.

This.
Just imagine how beautiful that would look.

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 10:26 PM
Ah, ok, gotcha ;) And yeah, it would have been cool to see more interactions like this within the game's ecosystem. All I've ever seen is two moose butting heads, and on very rare occasions, a bear fishing.

I witnessed cute little bear cubs being chased off their mother while what I presume was the father sat on his ***, leaning on a rock :p. The animals themselves looked beautifull, ashame it wasn't much fun killing them haha.

joey-4321_web
05-30-2013, 10:29 PM
More modern day missions and a better written ending

BATISTABUS
05-30-2013, 10:29 PM
This.
Just imagine how beautiful that would look.
One of the reasons people love AC2 so much is because of the romantic nostalgia evoked from the architecture. Autumn is basically New England's equivalent, and I think it would've done wonders for the game's atmosphere.

ArabianFrost
05-30-2013, 10:40 PM
-BETTER.MISSION.DESIGN
-FREEDOM

That's what it needs.

Bashilir
05-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Sheaths. I decided to use the sword today and...I couldn't stand it..

GreySkellig
05-31-2013, 12:44 AM
I definitely would have loved autumn. I also think more caves would have been nice. Just...generally more stuff going on in the Frontier. I don't care if it's trapping posts, canoes (WHY was this nixed?) etc. But the Frontier needed more. Much as it was beautiful and fun to navigate, the dang place was empty. RDR's forests, by comparison, were less pretty, harder to navigate, but loaded with details that made them exciting and fun. Even its hunting was better.

Also, draw distances. This is one of the main reasons I'm going to be buying a PS4 before ACIV--the sheer number of times I climbed a cliff, mast or tree thinking "This view is going to be amazing!" only to reach the top and go "Oh...fog..." was depressing.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-31-2013, 02:04 AM
Fall is the worst season in the universe..it feels like death....But it would be really cool to go to boston and see pumpkins and such carved (idk when this started)
an actual season system in a game would be awesome....
But i didnt miss it...
only thing i missed was character development..i wanted more interaction with my village growing up before it burnt down so i cared when it happened...

Megas_Doux
05-31-2013, 03:23 AM
Better mission design
Autumn
BACKGROUND MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shahkulu101
05-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Apart from gophers and such I feel the same as many because I too think the mission design should have been based on freedom to the player. Also, AMBIENT MUSIC! Who the hell thought it was a good idea not to include it :(.

itsamea-mario
05-31-2013, 09:10 AM
Blackjack and ******s.

ProletariatPleb
05-31-2013, 09:16 AM
A non american setting(Or something not equally boring and bland), difficulty setting, open mission design, lesser cutscenes.

projectpat06
05-31-2013, 10:00 AM
A non american setting(Or something not equally boring and bland), difficulty setting, open mission design, lesser cutscenes.

For me, the american revolution was the only american setting I would ever want an AC game to be in. What made AC3 look so great was the gorgeous frontier and the thought of coming across epic battles in the frontier, towns and farms being burned, i dunno people being tarred and feathered. Unfortunately, instead we got very empty frontier.

So for me, a not empty frontier, better mission design, and better 2nd half to the story that's not rushed. First half of the story was brilliant, but then the last few sequences we're a jumbled mess. Who cares if the game is over 40 hours long? Why does the completion matter if people have boughten your game already? If the story is good enough, people will finish it even it's a 100 hours longs

STDlyMcStudpants
05-31-2013, 06:21 PM
I get it now...everyone hates AC 3 because they are anti american ****** bags... ;)
Otherwise they wouldv'e just called boston and new york boring..instead of the entire country....
When the frontier is a million times more enjoyable to run through than any city in AC history...
The truth comes out lol....

ProletariatPleb
05-31-2013, 06:35 PM
^Don't blame us because your(assuming you're american) country had the most bland setting and history in any AC game ever.

I'm European and I liked AC3's colonial America setting. **** me, right? :p
Yes.

Farlander1991
05-31-2013, 06:39 PM

STDlyMcStudpants
05-31-2013, 06:52 PM

Being from another country doesnt make you anti (fill in country)
But when people say "Wah I wanted a setting other than America"
when we only had access to 2 of their cities...
It's pretty obvious they are anti american aka jealous of americans...

Farlander1991
05-31-2013, 06:56 PM
It's pretty obvious they are anti american aka jealous of americans...

No offence, but I think that when people say that they wanted a setting other than America... that means they wanted a setting other than America. :p You know, personal preferences and stuff. Nothing to do with 'anti-anything'

STDlyMcStudpants
05-31-2013, 07:07 PM
No offence, but I think that when people say that they wanted a setting other than America... that means they wanted a setting other than America. :p You know, personal preferences and stuff. Nothing to do with 'anti-anything'

Not when it was their main concern....which this thread is asking for..the main changes you wanted..
When the setting is what bugs you the most, there is a problem...
And that problem my friend is ego...
Keep in mind the numerous people complaining about setting didnt say...i wanted a different city..i wanted a place with a bigger variety of buildings..i wanted a place where buildings were closer together...
NO they flat out said I dont want America...
They are complaining about the COUNTRY not the setting...
It was not set in America it was set in boston and new york....

Kaschra
05-31-2013, 07:14 PM
Hahah, jealous of Americans? Good joke, please continue.
I also disagree that the frontier was more enjoyable than all the cities in any AC game.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Hahah, jealous of Americans? Good joke, please continue.
I also disagree that the frontier was more enjoyable than all the cities in any AC game.
All hate in this sense is derived from jealousy.
I mean you don't hate a hobo with no money that girls dont go crazy for and who also cant make great songs, but you hate justin bieber, why?
you dont hate croatia but hate america..why?
...I'm done with this convo I'm better off speaking to walls -_-

Farlander1991
05-31-2013, 07:24 PM
Not when it was their main concern....which this thread is asking for..the main changes you wanted..
When the setting is what bugs you the most, there is a problem...
And that problem my friend is ego...
Keep in mind the numerous people complaining about setting didnt say...i wanted a different city..i wanted a place with a bigger variety of buildings..i wanted a place where buildings were closer together...
NO they flat out said I dont want America...
They are complaining about the COUNTRY not the setting...
It was not set in America it was set in boston and new york....

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37485216.jpg

ProletariatPleb
05-31-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm better off speaking to walls -_-
Don't you already?

AvK KiNgKoBrA
05-31-2013, 07:53 PM
Ac3 should have been smart enough to go f ucking die

AC3 isnt alive......

AvK KiNgKoBrA
05-31-2013, 07:55 PM
i don't give a f ucking kitten d!ck!!!!! It should just go and quit!!!

Go where?

AssassinHMS
05-31-2013, 08:07 PM
AC3 should have had less of (pretty much) everything (no naval battles, less weapons/equipment, smaller world, no needless features, should have been less about the American Revolution, less side quests/missions, less cutscenes, less action and explosions...)
However AC3 should have had (more and better assassinations, open ended missions, random events, much better stealth, ambient music, good side missions, better AI, harder/better combat, better mission structure, a story that focused more on the creed and on the whole assassin idea, a bigger focus on the hidden blade,...)
It's easier to say that, in terms of gameplay, AC3 was a whole lot of nothing and an empty bag full of space, plus explosions, animals and naval battles.

ProletariatPleb
05-31-2013, 08:10 PM
AC3 was a whole lot of nothing and an empty bag full of space, plus explosions, animals and naval battles.
Lmao that is so apt.

Although I did like naval...it's the only addition I've liked in the series so far.

AssassinHMS
05-31-2013, 08:56 PM
Lmao that is so apt.

Although I did like naval...it's the only addition I've liked in the series so far.

Me too. I only said that there shouldn't have been naval battles in AC3 because, if it weren't for them, the devs would have (probably) focused more on the features they already had and I also think they aren't helping the franchise (if anything they're in the way of its development).

Rugterwyper32
05-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Me too. I only said that there shouldn't have been naval battles in AC3 because, if it weren't for them, the devs would have (probably) focused more on the features they already had and I also think they aren't helping the franchise (if anything they're in the way of its development).

I actually think naval was still a good idea, as it opens up a lot of options and it has potential as a very good way of navigation, but I do agree it shouldn't have been in AC3. I still think that if AC:R had stayed as a portable game and naval hadn't been in AC3, that development time could have been used to improve AC3.
But yeah, I do feel naval would have been a good addition sooner or later. It opens up lots of options and it works as potential navigation, which I like. A lot of good settings have now opened up, in my opinion. Naval could be a way of navigation in a Tudor England game between England and Ireland, for instance. Or a game set in the biggest coast cities during the Roman Empire at its biggest extent. But in AC3, while it was one of the best parts of the game, it just shouldn't have been there. It feels superfluous and more often than not it felt unneeded. If it had been a navigation method, then I might be thinking differently of it, but making it only linear missions didn't really help.

Rugterwyper32
05-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Someone's bitter. You clearly have nothing better to do, so let me give you a hint: Stop acting like a brat on some forums where no one cares about your ridiculous act and get out and, you know, do something. You're acting like a 12 year old who doesn't have his way. All things considered, though, you might just be one.
It's pathetic, really.

Kaschra
05-31-2013, 09:10 PM
Someone's bitter. You clearly have nothing better to do, so let me give you a hint: Stop acting like a brat on some forums where no one cares about your ridiculous act and get out and, you know, do something. You're acting like a 12 year old who doesn't have his way. All things considered, though, you might just be one.
It's pathetic, really.

It's pointless, that kid doesn't listen to anyone.

AssassinHMS
05-31-2013, 09:12 PM
I actually think naval was still a good idea, as it opens up a lot of options and it has potential as a very good way of navigation, but I do agree it shouldn't have been in AC3. I still think that if AC:R had stayed as a portable game and naval hadn't been in AC3, that development time could have been used to improve AC3.
But yeah, I do feel naval would have been a good addition sooner or later. It opens up lots of options and it works as potential navigation, which I like. A lot of good settings have now opened up, in my opinion. Naval could be a way of navigation in a Tudor England game between England and Ireland, for instance. Or a game set in the biggest coast cities during the Roman Empire at its biggest extent. But in AC3, while it was one of the best parts of the game, it just shouldn't have been there. It feels superfluous and more often than not it felt unneeded. If it had been a navigation method, then I might be thinking differently of it, but making it only linear missions didn't really help.

I agree that the naval aspect improves navigation immensely but the amount of time and effort required to add it is too much. Besides there is no need for it in an AC game where the map isn't divided in several islands. I'd much rather an AC game set in London without naval gameplay and that focused mostly on the core aspects. Maybe, since the devs are so good at doing this whole naval thing, they should make a pirate game/sailing game instead of throwing every entertainable feature at this franchise that's already drowning under their weight...

Rugterwyper32
05-31-2013, 09:13 PM
It's pointless, that kid doesn't listen to anyone.

I've noticed. This isn't even a troll, it's lesser.
Ah, this makes me remember the good ol' days back in the Fire Emblem forums in Gamefaqs. Now that was actual trolling, and it was actually hilarious. When trolls were dedicated enough to write troll essays about a game, you knew it was good, you know? Oh well, let's just focus on the topic at hand and ignore this guy, we're just wasting time there. Thankfully there's an ignore function.

Rugterwyper32
05-31-2013, 09:18 PM
I agree that the naval aspect improves navigation immensely but the amount of time and effort required to add it is too much. Besides there is no need for it in an AC game where the map isn't devided in several islands. I'd much rather an AC game set in London without naval gameplay and that focused mostly on the core aspects. Maybe, since the devs are so good at doing this whole naval thing, they should make a pirate game/sailing game instead of throwing every entertainable feature at this franchise that's already drowning under their weight...

I personally like the idea of a map taking place in different areas. As I've said before, I'd love a game set in Tudor England having both England and Ireland, and the naval, rather than being a focus of the game, would be just another way of navigation similar to how the Kingdom was in AC1. You'd have mainly land movement in both locations, but you would have sea to move by. It adds a new layer to things, in my opinion, which works. I can understand what you mean with the franchise drowning under so many things, but if they manage to make naval something that's just there for granted and it doesn't take that much time and they focus on core elements, I think that'd be amazing. That's my take on it, at least. They already have the basis for naval, unlike AC3 where it was something completely new (just like treerunning), so they can just go with that.

AssassinHMS
05-31-2013, 09:43 PM
I personally like the idea of a map taking place in different areas. As I've said before, I'd love a game set in Tudor England having both England and Ireland, and the naval, rather than being a focus of the game, would be just another way of navigation similar to how the Kingdom was in AC1. You'd have mainly land movement in both locations, but you would have sea to move by. It adds a new layer to things, in my opinion, which works. I can understand what you mean with the franchise drowning under so many things, but if they manage to make naval something that's just there for granted and it doesn't take that much time and they focus on core elements, I think that'd be amazing. That's my take on it, at least. They already have the basis for naval, unlike AC3 where it was something completely new (just like treerunning), so they can just go with that.

I like your idea, but I doubt they can do it, the temptation to dump AC in the name of profit is too big.

Shahkulu101
05-31-2013, 09:50 PM
I like your idea, but I doubt they can do it, the temptation to dump AC in the name of profit is too big.

I too am dismayed at the loss of the series direction but it will never go back to its roots...ubi decided to appeal to the masses with AC2 and uncoincedentaly, it got worse after each consecutive installment.

Rugterwyper32
05-31-2013, 09:53 PM

Admittedly, I'm being too hopeful about this. But I remain optimistic that the devs could end up getting something to work if they wanted to.
I'm personally really hoping that something nudges the devs in a good direction with the series. I personally will still keep getting the series simply because I find it as fun as it is and it touches history in ways no other series has thus far, but I'd really like the devs to turn around, look at what worked well in the early games of the series and focus on that. I think that the fact they've acknowledged AC1 in interviews regarding AC4 is a step in the right direction, but they still need more than that. I still don't fully trust that, but I'm staying optimistic. And it could still turn out to be a really fun game, so that's what counts for me.
But hey, be glad, at least the change of this series hasn't gotten even close to what happened with the Sonic series. That should count for something. The series has lost direction, yes, but it's not too far gone, or too close to a horrible death and barely coming back from the brink.

AssassinHMS
05-31-2013, 09:56 PM
I too am dismayed at the loss of the series direction but it will never go back to its roots...ubi decided to appeal to the masses with AC2 and uncoincedentaly, it got worse after each consecutive installment.

Agreed, however I think what Ubisoft needs is a wake-up call like a huge drop in sales. Something to show them they can't relly on casual money, to force them to fight for the franchise...

Rugterwyper32
05-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Agreed, however I think what Ubisoft needs is a wake-up call like a huge drop in sales. Something to show them they can't relly on casual money, to force them to fight for the franchise...

I actually think it's more likely they'd go the Prince of Persia way if this happened, specially if Watch Dogs does really well and Far Cry keeps doing good. That sounds like what Ubi would end up doing. I don't think they'd try too hard to keep the series alive if the other two end up working for them..
I still want to see a proper sequel to Prince of Persia 2008, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

AssassinHMS
05-31-2013, 10:13 PM
Admittedly, I'm being too hopeful about this. But I remain optimistic that the devs could end up getting something to work if they wanted to.
I'm personally really hoping that something nudges the devs in a good direction with the series. I personally will still keep getting the series simply because I find it as fun as it is and it touches history in ways no other series has thus far, but I'd really like the devs to turn around, look at what worked well in the early games of the series and focus on that.

I think AC4 BF will be fun (keeping in mind I didn't even find AC3 fun) and I find the historical setting appealing as well...the thing is, that's just not enough for me. I feel the need to play an assassin's creed game, not just a fun game that explores History (as tempting as it may be). And the only way I can think of getting that, is the one I explained in my thread...this is why I don't intend to give in to temptation.

I think that the fact they've acknowledged AC1 in interviews regarding AC4 is a step in the right direction, but they still need more than that. I still don't fully trust that, but I'm staying optimistic. And it could still turn out to be a really fun game, so that's what counts for me.

I wouldn't call it a step. They didn't have much of a choice but to acknowledge it after AC3, not to mention, it is a good way to give those, like me, hope and make us buy/pre-order it.

But hey, be glad, at least the change of this series hasn't gotten even close to what happened with the Sonic series. That should count for something. The series has lost direction, yes, but it's not too far gone, or too close to a horrible death and barely coming back from the brink.

I'm not familiar with what happened to the Sonic series...
I don't think the series is close to a horrible death but, if anything, to a zombified eternity...

Shahkulu101
05-31-2013, 10:14 PM
I actually think it's more likely they'd go the Prince of Persia way if this happened, specially if Watch Dogs does really well and Far Cry keeps doing good. That sounds like what Ubi would end up doing. I don't think they'd try too hard to keep the series alive if the other two end up working for them..
I still want to see a proper sequel to Prince of Persia 2008, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Yep. If Assassin's Creed fails(highly doubtfull)they will simply turn one of their other quality franchises into a cash cow.

AssassinHMS
05-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Yep. If Assassin's Creed fails(highly doubtfull)they will simply turn one of their other quality franchises into a cash cow.

You mean "If (everything but) assassin's creed fails..."
If this was AC it would never fail. The ideas behind it are too good, not to mention, a simple change of skin (not of soul) would be enough to refresh the series. Just by changing the setting and introducing features that fit the said setting (but that don't overshadow the franchise) plus improved core elements and a good story would be enough to keep everyone hooked. A bigger gap between releases wouldn't hurt as well.

Rugterwyper32
05-31-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm not familiar with what happened to the Sonic series...
I don't think the series is close to a horrible death but, if anything, to a zombified eternity...

The Sonic series, from the moment it stepped into 3D, started going in a terrible downward spiral that it's barely getting out of right now. A massive one, at that. Sonic Adventure decided to add multiple gameplay styles for the sake of replayability which ended up being extremely hit or miss, with things that went so far away from what the series was about (FISHING!). But it was still enjoyable, and Sonic's gameplay was still great.
Then we move on to Sonic Adventure 2. A lot of people seem to love it (nostalgia, mostly) but only about 1/3rd of the game is Sonic/Shadow gameplay (who fortunately play exactly the same) and the rest is clunky robot shooting or treasure hunting. Oh, and a glorified Tamagochi pet simulator with the Chao that everyone wants back for some unfathomable reason.
Then we have Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog which are both disasters for different reasons. Sonic Heroes tried a team mechanic that doesn't really work and playing the same story 4 times to get the final story, and Shadow the Hedgehog was the series attempting to be grimdark, with 10 different endings (enjoy replaying the first stage 10 times to get the final story), the controls are a mess, guns, swearing, some absolutely awful mission design that makes me praise AC3 (kill all 50 soldiers! By the way, you have no map and some are pretty well hidden so good luck replaying the whole stage to find the one soldier that you missed!) and overall it's a trainwreck.
But then comes the winner of them all, Sonic 06. I have NO WORDS to define how absolutely disastrous this game is (except for the soundtrack it's great). It has no redeemable qualities except probably the one cutscene where Shadow does a roundhouse kick on Silver and the amazing soundtrack. Terribly programmed, with far more bugs than all of the AC games combined, absolutely awful level design, about 10% of the game is load screens (did I mention there are load screens for single lines of dialogue?), characters that you just can't control properly, awful camera, awful boss battles some of the worst sidequests I have ever seen, the awful machspeed sections, every character being extremely slow (may I remind you this is the game about a hedgehog who moves at the speed of sound) and... yeah, it's bad in every possible way. Just to show you:

http://youtu.be/3MWEHwvcnyM

Then come Sonic Unleashed, Colors and Generations which aren't perfect, by any means, and Unleashed has the stupid werehog, but they're at least enjoyable. Generations is actually genuinely fun.
But 06 almost killed the series singlehandedly. Though I believe it was needed, Sonic Team needed to hit the lowest point to rise again. So my hope here is that AC3 is the lowest point Ubisoft hits with the series and we see it go back up. I still couldn't find an AC game as bad as 06 (considering Sonic was my childhood and I don't have the connection to this series that I have to the Sonic series) but I can see why people would be really disappointed. So here's hoping.

AssassinHMS
05-31-2013, 10:46 PM
The Sonic series, from the moment it stepped into 3D, started going in a terrible downward spiral that it's barely getting out of right now. A massive one, at that. Sonic Adventure decided to add multiple gameplay styles for the sake of replayability which ended up being extremely hit or miss, with things that went so far away from what the series was about (FISHING!). But it was still enjoyable, and Sonic's gameplay was still great.
Then we move on to Sonic Adventure 2. A lot of people seem to love it (nostalgia, mostly) but only about 1/3rd of the game is Sonic/Shadow gameplay (who fortunately play exactly the same) and the rest is clunky robot shooting or treasure hunting. Oh, and a glorified Tamagochi pet simulator with the Chao that everyone wants back for some unfathomable reason.
Then we have Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog which are both disasters for different reasons. Sonic Heroes tried a team mechanic that doesn't really work and playing the same story 4 times to get the final story, and Shadow the Hedgehog was the series attempting to be grimdark, with 10 different endings (enjoy replaying the first stage 10 times to get the final story), the controls are a mess, guns, swearing, some absolutely awful mission design that makes me praise AC3 (kill all 50 soldiers! By the way, you have no map and some are pretty well hidden so good luck replaying the whole stage to find the one soldier that you missed!) and overall it's a trainwreck.
But then comes the winner of them all, Sonic 06. I have NO WORDS to define how absolutely disastrous this game is (except for the soundtrack it's great). It has no redeemable qualities except probably the one cutscene where Shadow does a roundhouse kick on Silver and the amazing soundtrack. Terribly programmed, with far more bugs than all of the AC games combined, absolutely awful level design, about 10% of the game is load screens (did I mention there are load screens for single lines of dialogue?), characters that you just can't control properly, awful camera, awful boss battles some of the worst sidequests I have ever seen, the awful machspeed sections, every character being extremely slow (may I remind you this is the game about a hedgehog who moves at the speed of sound) and... yeah, it's bad in every possible way. Just to show you:

http://youtu.be/3MWEHwvcnyM

Then come Sonic Unleashed, Colors and Generations which aren't perfect, by any means, and Unleashed has the stupid werehog, but they're at least enjoyable. Generations is actually genuinely fun.
But 06 almost killed the series singlehandedly. Though I believe it was needed, Sonic Team needed to hit the lowest point to rise again. So my hope here is that AC3 is the lowest point Ubisoft hits with the series and we see it go back up. I still couldn't find an AC game as bad as 06 (considering Sonic was my childhood and I don't have the connection to this series that I have to the Sonic series) but I can see why people would be really disappointed. So here's hoping.

Thank you for the work you had there explaining it to me. You're right, that went far worse than AC, even though I find AC3 not too far from the level of Sonic 06 (given that AC is one of the very few franchises I have a connection to). Like you, I hope that AC gets back on track but I seriously doubt AC4 BF will move in that direction...

Rugterwyper32
05-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Thank you for the work you had there explaining it to me. You're right, that went far worse than AC, even though I find AC3 not too far from the level of Sonic 06 (given that AC is one of the very few franchises I have a connection to). Like you, I hope that AC gets back on track but I seriously doubt AC4 BF will move in that direction...

I think that the levels of connection and the reason we both like the series is different, but I can see why you feel so strongly about it. Personally, if there was another game that got into history the way this series does and it was better designed than what this series has recently done, I'd probably have gone for it considering that the most appeal this series has for me comes, admittedly, from the historical settings that no other game uses and the exploration of those. So admittedly I don't feel as strongly for this series, even though I really enjoy it and I've been around from the first game. But I do hope something knocks sense into Ubisoft and future games are designed in such a way that core fans of the series get what they've been asking for. I personally will stick around so long as I have historical settings to explore and some simple fun from the game, but I know the same can't be said for others who want the series to go back to its roots, and I hope Ubi notices as much.

I Emerge I
05-31-2013, 11:09 PM
A polished complete experience not a rushed glitchy boring mess..

Megas_Doux
06-01-2013, 03:41 AM
Lucky me, never encountered that many bugs.....

joey-4321_web
06-01-2013, 05:55 AM
Lucky me, never encountered that many bugs.....

Same here

Locopells
06-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Me too...

roostersrule2
06-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Me too...Me three.

pacmanate
06-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Died twice in a cutscene last week.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
06-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Dafuq?? U like Sonic Unleashed but u dont like Shadow the Hedgehog(imo one of the best in the entire series)

Also wats ur feel on Sonic Riders? The first one not the other two pieces of poop ;)