PDA

View Full Version : Developer Journal – Issue #40

Vorbann
05-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Hello,

We will soon be installing a new update for the game, containing the following changes:

The action range for artifact auctions will now be the same as for resources auctions. This will avoid confusion where some auctions are visible and others not.

In the city colonization window, we’ve corrected the display of the number of days remaining before a free city is unlocked. The correct value will now be shown if you have used an additional city object.

There have been a few text corrections concerning the effects of Grails in PvE worlds.

We’ve modified default behavior of the avatar bar and quest box. Once the update is installed, the avatar bar will be closed by default, and the quest box will be open.

And the last change is for rifts - from now on, hero Dark Elves will systematically target the regions with the most aggro skulls. If several regions have the same number of skulls, one of them will be chosen at random.

The next dev diary will look at calculating legacy points at the end of season 4 worlds.

Vorbann

AndreanDW
05-30-2013, 04:24 PM
There are so many problems within the game, and you are writing a developer journal about 2 changed numbers and some changed text fields ...

MartyAmodeo
05-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Heck... they haven't even made the stupid flashing question marks stop. :(

Paul_Rotterdam
05-31-2013, 07:44 AM
There are (almost) no longer rifts spawning in the PvE UK server 4.
Compaired to the first 3 month the spawning rate is approx 1/10 now.
I do not care what the DE rift heros attack in what random order.
I do care that they need to be 10/10 to make game intresting, for 2 weeks i play other game now and just peek at UBI game.

filipd81
05-31-2013, 08:04 AM
And the last change is for rifts - from now on, hero Dark Elves will systematically target the regions with the most aggro skulls. If several regions have the same number of skulls, one of them will be chosen at random.

Hi Vorbann, will you please explain better what you mean by "systematically"? As far as I know at the moment the risk for a town to be attacked is proportional to the number of its aggro skulls compared to the sum of all skulls. Does this mean that now the risk is even bigger or simply that the towns with most skulls will be always attacked?

I would also have a request. Is it possible to manually clean the servers of the inactive towns? Or instead increase the rate of the procedure that does it automatically. Right now the inactive towns don't turn into rifts as they should. It has been a month that I can't settle on the obelisk location because it is in the middle of the territory of an inactive player.

AndreanDW
05-31-2013, 08:16 AM
there will be the same 'risk' that the rift heroes attack something like before - if there is a town with skulls near the rift all rift heroes will attack once per day - but the target will be different;
if you have a rift with 5 heroes, and 5 towns around, and one with 6 skulls and 4 with 5 skulls, all the 5 heroes of the rift will attack the same town now.
on the other hand, if your town is below the maximum you don't need to defend the town

filipd81
05-31-2013, 10:24 AM
there will be the same 'risk' that the rift heroes attack something like before - if there is a town with skulls near the rift all rift heroes will attack once per day - but the target will be different;
if you have a rift with 5 heroes, and 5 towns around, and one with 6 skulls and 4 with 5 skulls, all the 5 heroes of the rift will attack the same town now.
on the other hand, if your town is below the maximum you don't need to defend the town

If my town is the only town with most skulls and there are more heroes inside the rift I won't be able to use spells at all. Neither I will know who will attack first nor I can queue the spells for the next battle(s). Actually it is not a big a problem with so weak rifts but this will be just another change that takes the fun away.

I'm not sure I really like this change. It is similar to the attacks on the forts. We can use nothing else but the pure and brutal force of our army. Unless a shift of few minutes is introduced between the attacks. Let's say that every 5 minutes one of the 1 to 5 heroes will leave the rift to attack the town.

Wulfgar1978
06-01-2013, 04:12 AM
With so long a wait between changes and bug fixes in the game and such minor changes as these occurring, it is obvious that the developers have very little interest in this game.

The next dev diary with look at legacy calculations for S4? Ha, what a joke that is. How many players will be left in this game to use S4 legacy for S5 servers? By S5 they will do away with all game resources and make the player buy everything with seals. The communication between player and developer is now non existent. Why not simply do away with the forums UBI as you don't listen to a word the players say anyway. This game is now a joke and every last fibre of fun has been stripped from it.

zamz
06-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Yeh totally agree, these upgrades are pointless and they come very rarely nowdays...also nice to know that next upgrade, what 5 months from now ?? is going to be pointless aswell hahaha...Always nice when there is nothing to expect :/

Darkangel2154
06-05-2013, 03:46 AM
With so long a wait between changes and bug fixes in the game and such minor changes as these occurring, it is obvious that the developers have very little interest in this game.

The next dev diary with look at legacy calculations for S4? Ha, what a joke that is. How many players will be left in this game to use S4 legacy for S5 servers? By S5 they will do away with all game resources and make the player buy everything with seals. The communication between player and developer is now non existent. Why not simply do away with the forums UBI as you don't listen to a word the players say anyway. This game is now a joke and every last fibre of fun has been stripped from it.

Wulfgar way are you still playing???

Wulfgar1978
06-05-2013, 06:38 AM
Wulfgar way are you still playing???

Lol, I'm not really Vash. I'm half heartedly playing an oceanic server but I am quickly getting bored with that. My addiction with the game requires me to wean my way off it bit at a time, lol. Why are you still checking the forums?

Co_Ban
06-09-2013, 09:36 PM
This looks like they fired all the developers only to realize that administration cant do much