PDA

View Full Version : Best Guard in all Assassin's Creed Franchise in terms of clothing. skill, etc....

nxt2me09
05-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Whats the Best Guards in All Assassin's Creed Games.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-29-2013, 09:54 PM
ACR guards were beautiful in design and IMO the most challenging to fight in the series.
( I was also new to the game so I wasn't a master with controls yet)

Assassin_M
05-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Dat guard....

silvermercy
05-29-2013, 09:57 PM
ACR I guess.

nitres15
05-29-2013, 10:01 PM
i really like the Jannisary´s clothes, their masks are kinda intimidating too.

Bashilir
05-29-2013, 10:12 PM
No love for regulars? What a meanie.

http://cdn.dailychillout.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Assassins-Creed-Guard-Logic.jpg

silvermercy
05-29-2013, 10:15 PM
We need a poll for highest observational skills guard! :D

pacmanate
05-29-2013, 10:24 PM
AC:R Guards.

Bashilir
05-29-2013, 10:35 PM
We need a poll for highest observational skills guard! :D

If I knew how, I would.

Gi1t
05-29-2013, 10:36 PM

http://cdn.dailychillout.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Assassins-Creed-Guard-Logic.jpg

Hilarious. :D

I'd say the Templar Knights in AC1 but I don't have a point of comparison with anyone past ACB so no vote from me.

Personally, I wish they all had Ninja Gaidn level AIs with quick reactions, solid defenses and brutal counterattacks, but I guess that'll never happen. Even the Templars were only mildly tough because they had some moves you couldn't counter early in the game. A hidden blade counter would still put an end to them in a heartbeat.

I don't mind a little stupidity from guards now and then though. It'd be a shame not to have moments like in AC1 where I hid in a rooftop garden and the guards following me got all huffy about losing track of me, and casually jumped down off the roof like I wasn't really worth the effort, not noticing the building was actually three stories high. XD

Megas_Doux
05-29-2013, 11:02 PM
For their looks? Papal guards!
In terms of combat???? Jannisaries!

LoyalACFan
05-29-2013, 11:19 PM
Templar Knights hands-down. I was legitimately wary of those guys; the only guard archetype we've ever been challenged by in an AC game.

As for the others... They all look badass, but the Papal Guards are laughably wimpy (not to mention there's only four of them in the entire freaking city) the Janissaries are just irritating, and the Jagers can easily be killed by a single tool counter.

SixKeys
05-29-2013, 11:19 PM
The Jägers were the toughest (hate those bastards, I always use the rope dart on them) while the Janissaries had the best outfits. I voted for Janissaries due the combination of cool clothing and challenge they offered.

Assassin_M
05-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Am I the only one who wants to applaud OP for searching for the actual Turkish spelling of the Janissary?? it`s not hard, but it`s a nice detail

Megas_Doux
05-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Am I the only one who wants to applaud OP for searching for the actual Turkish spelling of the Janissary?? it`s not hard, but it`s a nice detail

Cool detail, indeed. Jagers are tough at the beginning, but then it is easy to deal with them.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-29-2013, 11:27 PM
I got the moves like Jagers
They were very annoying indeed lol..but the captains were even more so :D
The always have a guy that blocks everything and hops back.. -_-

Megas_Doux
05-29-2013, 11:30 PM
I got the moves like Jagers
They were very annoying indeed lol..but the captains were even more so :D
The always have a guy that blocks everything and hops back.. -_-

And is why, although still easy, AC3´s combat is the "funniest" in the series to date....

SixKeys
05-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Cool detail, indeed. Jagers are tough at the beginning, but then it is easy to deal with them.

I always forget which action is best to deal with the Jägers (dodge, counter, throw etc.), so I die a lot. :p There's a challenge for one of the clubs where you have to disarm ten Jägers and kill them with their own weapons and I don't have a clue how to do it.

Megas_Doux
05-29-2013, 11:35 PM
I always forget which action is best to deal with the Jägers (dodge, counter, throw etc.), so I die a lot. :p There's a challenge for one of the clubs where you have to disarm ten Jägers and kill them with their own weapons and I don't have a clue how to do it.

I used to call the recruits, rope dart´d one or two and runnaway like a coward :P

LoyalACFan
05-30-2013, 02:34 AM

Equip fists and counter their sword attack. Then press the Break Defense button while still in the slo-mo counter pose (it's X on PS3, I have no idea what it would be on Xbox or PC).

SixKeys
05-30-2013, 02:46 AM
Equip fists and counter their sword attack. Then press the Break Defense button while still in the slo-mo counter pose (it's X on PS3, I have no idea what it would be on Xbox or PC).

I can't remember what the "break defense" button is either, haha. That's probably why I have so much trouble with those guys. All the other enemies can be easily beaten just by mashing the counter button.

LoyalACFan
05-30-2013, 03:08 AM
I can't remember what the "break defense" button is either, haha. That's probably why I have so much trouble with those guys. All the other enemies can be easily beaten just by mashing the counter button.

You can still kill them with a Counter + Tool move. The bow is probably the best, since you can use it up to 16 times per fight, but you can also use the guns, snares, or trip mines.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
05-30-2013, 05:09 PM
I'll say the ACR guards were best in the entire series so-far an were always the funnest to kill :)

lothario-da-be
05-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Hmmm papal guards, where have i seen that before? I don't know anymore.Were they a group of villains in acb?:confused:

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Design wise Janissaries no doubt.

Gameplay wise, AC1 Templar Knights. They could counter and dodge and the best part is that was random, so 1 strategy wouldn't work on same guard type each time.

Kaschra
05-30-2013, 05:42 PM
I like the Janissaries the most, both combat and design wise.
Their masks look pretty awesome.

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Janissaries were the toughest combat wise but I thougt their outfit was FUGLY.
A bit like the papal guards and jägers, so my vote goes to the Templar knights, not just cause I liked their outfit but because they were challenging to beat and were more of a rariety, so it was nice to come across them.

lothario-da-be
05-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Looks like i am the only one who doesn't like the masks.

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 06:12 PM

You mean the Janissaries specificaly? I liked the others masks but thought the ones janissaries wore looked a bit extravagant.

ProletariatPleb
05-30-2013, 06:15 PM
You mean the Janissaries specificaly? I liked the others masks but thought the ones janissaries wore looked a bit extravagant.
That's what they wore actually so can't do anything about that although not all did.

Bastiaen
05-30-2013, 06:27 PM

No, I thought most of the ottoman enemies looked far too ornamental, but that's just a function of the culture and the time.

Shahkulu101
05-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Speaking of masks, I really disliked the Ottoman Assassin masks, especially on Ezio with both the ultimate asssassin robes and Ishak Pasha's armor.

lothario-da-be
05-30-2013, 06:33 PM
No, I thought most of the ottoman enemies looked far too ornamental, but that's just a function of the culture and the time.
the other Ottoman soldiers looked awesome, but the Janissarys looked like clowns.

shobhit7777777
05-30-2013, 06:36 PM
I voted for the Jennys

I couldn't counter them in one go, they put up a decent fight and had pistols to boot. Plus they looked absolutely badass....like West Asian Samurais.....and weren't the Jennys trained from a young age in combat?

No. I want to hug him/her...but I'm Batman. So you hug him/her for me.

nxt2me09
05-30-2013, 08:45 PM
I voted for the Jennys

I couldn't counter them in one go, they put up a decent fight and had pistols to boot. Plus they looked absolutely badass....like West Asian Samurais.....and weren't the Jennys trained from a young age in combat?

No. I want to hug him/her...but I'm Batman. So you hug him/her for me.

Well they are indeed bad-*** here's the information about Janissary in sorted order: Recruitment, equipment and battle tactics!

Recruitment and Tactic:
They started between the age of 8 similar to Spartans which was probably age 4, formed from POW(Prisoners of war or just prisoner), Slaves and Children. Their ranks were filled under the Devşirme system. One boy was selected from each 40 houses but soon numbers have changed.

Equipment:
Janissary were expert archers, they began to adopt firearms when it became available. They gain a repetition of their engineering such as mining and sapping which took place on siege Vienna, in a melee combat they use kijils and battle axes but their main signature weapon was the Yatagan sword also guarding palaces they carried a long-shafted exes and halbe
By the early 16th century, the Janissary were equipped and were skilled with musket, they used massive "Trench Gun", firing an 80 millimeter ball (Which was probably a musket ball or cannon), they were feared by their enemies. By the way the used the earliest hand cannons and grenades like the abus gun.

Battle tactics:
Ottomans vs Crusaders (Hungarian crusaders "Correct me if i'am wrong")
Notable Crusaders, Hungarian king, Vlad the second
In 1444, the pope declared a holy war, the Hungarian king formed it's lines on his right were mercenaries and french knights, the crusaders beat all of the ottoman empire's units but only the Janissary remains in the battlefield, they used a very smart tactic, they pretended to flee from battle to the mountains so the enemy could not notice leaving the first trenches, the Hungarian king went straight on, on the mountains the Janissary came out of nowhere and ambushed the Hungarian king's army and himself............this was a successful battle and the head of the king was brought to the sultan.

Finally note the Janissary became the first standing army that wore uniforms.

Hope this helps you people who know little about the Janissary. :):)https://lh3.ggpht.com/-1tDZDI8xEk0/Tvi4kFlNybI/AAAAAAAABW0/uuf7K9SzFsg/s1600/ACR+Janissaries.png

Locopells
05-30-2013, 08:57 PM

"Only since ACB, I'm gonna prod you with this spear until you confess..."

Bashilir
05-30-2013, 11:52 PM
"Only since ACB, I'm gonna prod you with this spear until you confess..."

Haha. Fo real doe, they need to put AI improvments up near the top of their priorities..

GreySkellig
05-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Haha. Fo real doe, they need to put AI improvments up near the top of their priorities..

Agreed. The AI is so...gamey. It just bothers me. Like the fact that I can't come out of cover until the search is over, even if the guards looking for me are all the way across town by then, but as soon as they give up they immediately forget what I look like. I'd definitely prefer something a little more LOS based (e.g. I could hide, let them run past, and then head to the other way at top speed without them magically detecting me.

TBH, AC3's guards (difficulty, distribution, AI) really irked me. They were too many, too close together, too easy, and too stupid. After I figured out a few reliable ways to beat Jagers, combat became a joke. In one early mission, my objective (for which I had to be anonymous) happened to line up with one of those seemingly-random infinite spawn zones. I killed something like fifty guards without being hurt. Granted, it was my second playthrough, so I was pretty comfortable with the combat, and I'm not always that on top of things...but still. Connor's supposed to be an assassin, not a killing machine to make Rambo blush.

Overall, my favorite guards were the Janissaries. They eventually became easier to beat after I figured out a decent strategy, but they were never a pushover fight. When Janissaries were around, I was always careful not to draw attention. Fast, loads of health, varied attacks and impossible to counter-kill. They made me keep my head down. You know...like an assassin, not a one man army. That's the best commentary I can give the guards in any AC game--I genuinely avoided conflict with them, and not just for roleplay reasons.

Locopells
05-31-2013, 07:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VaTBklX408

lothario-da-be
06-01-2013, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VaTBklX408
Saw this already too much, but it stays epic.

salman147
06-02-2013, 11:23 AM
The seekers are the perfect guards:
https://www.google.com.bd/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=0-foNnKHeiAydM&tbnid=9kyLsEx0_r7ONM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fenvydream.blogspot.com%2F2011_01_ 31_archive.html&ei=BB2rUamREMWBtAbB_YDwBQ&bvm=bv.47244034,d.Yms&psig=AFQjCNGoARMwtAzIAV1pE6JgoN9c7GS13Q&ust=1370254953885635

Assassin_M
06-02-2013, 11:24 AM
The seekers are the perfect guards:
https://www.google.com.bd/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=0-foNnKHeiAydM&tbnid=9kyLsEx0_r7ONM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fenvydream.blogspot.com%2F2011_01_ 31_archive.html&ei=BB2rUamREMWBtAbB_YDwBQ&bvm=bv.47244034,d.Yms&psig=AFQjCNGoARMwtAzIAV1pE6JgoN9c7GS13Q&ust=1370254953885635
define perfect

x___Luffy___x
06-02-2013, 11:35 AM
voted for Janissarys. they were actually tough.