PDA

View Full Version : AC3: St. Paul's Chapel magic lantern explanation

Ureh
05-29-2013, 12:58 AM
Hi Assassins,

I know what the solution is, but can't really ascertain a true explanation. Here's the in-game hint for ref:

"1. ALL MASONS SHALL WORK HONESTLY UNDER THE SUN"
"2. MASONS RECEIVING THEIR LAWFUL AND JUST WAGES RIGHTLY"
"3. FOR NO MAN CAN BE LEFT TO FINISH ANOTHER'S"
"4. NOR SHALL THEY TEACH LABOURERS AND UNACCEPTED MASONS AS THEY SHOULD SEE OVER AND TEACH A BROTHER OR FELLOW MASON"

Can someone interpret all four lines for me, especially the last one? Why is the Masonic symbol on the right and the Scale is on the bottom?!

Solution is:
Sun (up)
Male (left)
Mason (right)
Scale (down)

Thanks for reading!

Sugar-Serpent
05-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Very perplexing indeed.

4. NOR SHALL THEY TEACH LABOURERS AND UNACCEPTED MASONS AS THEY SHOULD SEE OVER AND TEACH A BROTHER OR FELLOW MASON
The scales would represent two masons working together - again, equality. Because the first mason would "see over" the second mason as their teacher, the latter is somewhat "below" the first mason by default. I think that's why the scales are at the bottom part of the puzzle.

Ureh
05-31-2013, 03:36 PM
Very perplexing indeed.

The scales would represent two masons working together - again, equality. Because the first mason would "see over" the second mason as their teacher, the latter is somewhat "below" the first mason by default. I think that's why the scales are at the bottom part of the puzzle.

Hi Sugar-Serpent, thanks for your help. Apologies for my confusion, but are you saying that since scales are usually unbalanced/tipped therefore it is on the bottom?

Sugar-Serpent
05-31-2013, 06:58 PM
Hi Sugar-Serpent, thanks for your help. Apologies for my confusion, but are you saying that since scales are usually unbalanced/tipped therefore it is on the bottom?

Yep, you got it. :) And no worries!