PDA

View Full Version : How excited is everyone for AC4:BF ?

Gorjira54_Sync
05-28-2013, 12:31 AM
personally, i want a TARDIS to time travel to october

Rugterwyper32
05-28-2013, 12:34 AM
I'm rather excited, myself. Loving the setting already, and even if it doesn't stand out as an Assassin's Creed game I can tell that it'll be a really fun game nonetheless.
The setting alone had me sold, admittedly. If only because of Havana.

roostersrule2
05-28-2013, 12:36 AM
Not really excited, I'll buy it probably day 1 but yea I'm not excited really.

Assassin_M
05-28-2013, 12:37 AM
I haven't been excited for an AC game for sometime now ever since AC II...you know...life, didn't have as much to do in 2009 as I do now..not to mention the yearly schedule isn't helping :\

I-Like-Pie45
05-28-2013, 12:48 AM
only 20% excited.

The other 80% is split between GTA5, Watch Dogs, and Arkham Origins.

ACfan443
05-28-2013, 01:36 AM
Not very, it's the first time leading up to release that I haven't been excited for an AC game. The only smidgen of excitement and anticipation I have is for the setting, more specifically Havana, it's the only thing keeping me hooked - a return to old style rooftops, architecture, a dense city with character, verticality etc.

I really want to see Havana being in the limelight in the forthcoming demos.

SixKeys
05-28-2013, 01:36 AM
Not very.

ArabianFrost
05-28-2013, 02:14 AM
I am not really excited, but I genuinely want to play the game. The whole open-ended thing sounds very appealing and I have been dying for a proper 3rd person stealth game for a long long time. AC's parkour and gameplay really complement the stealth element for me, but AC3 murdered any possible hype with one big axe. It's pretty much just a matter of waiting.

Soulid_Snake
05-28-2013, 02:17 AM
Not excited at all, on the other hand, GTAV...

Moultonborough
05-28-2013, 02:36 AM
Excited yes, but a lot more so for PS4 then just a AC game. A lot of other great looking games coming out this year. AC IV is just one.

Vex_Assassin
05-28-2013, 04:05 AM
Not very excited. It seems I get less and less excited with each new AC installment...

Zrvan
05-28-2013, 04:12 AM
I'm frickin' GEEKED. https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7420632832/h6D5EA942/
I hold none of the reservations I did about ACIII. Day one purchase, give me all the collector's editions so that I can roll around in a pile of them on the floor.

projectpat06
05-28-2013, 04:54 AM
only 20% excited.

This. Most of my excitement is for GTA5 and Arkham Origins. Pretty excited for AC4 but waiting for E3 before it amps up. Not really hyped for watchdogs for some reason. Maybe bc I have doubts that it won't be nearly as good as GTA5 and it won't be as polished.

shobhit7777777
05-28-2013, 05:29 AM
I only come here for the tacos

Arkham Origins and Splinter Cell Blacklist have taken up all of my attention. Watch_Dogs and GTAV have me interested. AC4 will be a day one buy....but until then...*shrugs*

I doubt that AC4 (for me) is going to be that different of an experience....and honestly...I don't mind a solid AC experience as long as the mission design is right. The bar for me is very low...I enjoy the core gameplay a lot...so while I may not be excited, I know I can enjoy the game

Assassin_M
05-28-2013, 06:16 AM
I doubt that AC4 (for me) is going to be that different of an experience....and honestly...I don't mind a solid AC experience as long as the mission design is right. The bar for me is very low...I enjoy the core gameplay a lot...so while I may not be excited, I know I can enjoy the game
That outlook is quite surprising...I thought you`d have been more vocally negative..

shobhit7777777
05-28-2013, 06:46 AM
That outlook is quite surprising...I thought you`d have been more vocally negative..

Right now I just care about the core gameplay - mission design, cohesive stealth elements etc. AC4 devs are saying the right words.

While had this game been announced 3 years ago...I'd have been more "vocally negative"...as you know I'm not the biggest fan of the whole naval, economy, cinematic oriented direction the series had taken since ACII....but as time passed and I realized that this is the direction its chosen...I decided to focus on the positives....and the core gameplay of running, combat and stealth remain enjoyable.

Say what you will, no other game delivers an experience quite like AC

besides I'm pragmatic

I'm Batman bro....thats why I'm also a bit of an *******

Assassin_M
05-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Right now I just care about the core gameplay - mission design, cohesive stealth elements etc. AC4 devs are saying the right words.

While had this game been announced 3 years ago...I'd have been more "vocally negative"...as you know I'm not the biggest fan of the whole naval, economy, cinematic oriented direction the series had taken since ACII....but as time passed and I realized that this is the direction its chosen...I decided to focus on the positives....and the core gameplay of running, combat and stealth remain enjoyable.

Say what you will, no other game delivers an experience quite like AC
Waw...I totally agree I guess..I just thought you`d be more negative seeing as how you wanted someone to kick AC III in the balls heh, but *dramatic music plays*..under all that negativity...under that weary, cynical AC fan...there`s this positivity..this light...in the heart of an AC fan...no other game delivers quite the same experience as AC...fly on, batman.... and kick ***... *dramatic music stops*

alright, show`s over :|

ProletariatPleb
05-28-2013, 06:55 AM
I'm frickin' GEEKED. https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7420632832/h6D5EA942/
I hold none of the reservations I did about ACIII. Day one purchase, give me all the collector's editions so that I can roll around in a pile of them on the floor.
Yeahhh about that, the people wanted a new pirate themed IP, not shoving it into AC.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-28-2013, 06:56 AM
On a scale of 1 to AC 3 (10)
I give it a 7 for excitement. :)
AC is my favorite game series but im jsut not looking forward to spending my time on a ship 40% of the game lol
As an American and having Native in my blood line, you could imagine how excited I was for AC3
especially after hearing you could climb trees (idk why, but ive always wanted this in a game)
LOL

Most Excited to least so far

# 5. Puppeteer
# 4. Watch_Dogs
# 3. The Last of Us
# 2. Assassins Creed IV
# 1. The Last Guardian getting an official release date haha
Wild guess - E3
# my heart is going to explode: Man of Steel hahaa

Mildly excited for GTA V, BEYOND: Two Souls, and Batman Origins...but tbh not really..wasnt a fan of Arkahm City...i want to be excited for it..but i just cant be lol

shobhit7777777
05-28-2013, 07:07 AM
Waw...I totally agree I guess..I just thought you`d be more negative seeing as how you wanted someone to kick AC III in the balls heh, but *dramatic music plays*..under all that negativity...under that weary, cynical AC fan...there`s this positivity..this light...in the heart of an AC fan...no other game delivers quite the same experience as AC...fly on, batman.... and kick ***... *dramatic music stops*

alright, show`s over :|

I'm the fan AC needs but not the one that it deserves

I'm the vocal guardian

A watchful commentator

A Dark Knight

And I'll always be here, keeping an eye on the forum.....dispensing verbal justice as and when I see fit

http://www.denzomag.com/wp-content/uploads/images/illustration/illustration4140.jpg

MasterfulList53
05-28-2013, 08:37 AM
If I allowed myself to be excited I would probably have a heart attack. The next year looks to be a very good one for gaming, with AC4, GTAV, Beyond: Two Souls, Watch Dogs and DA3 among some of the most promising for me and on top of that, new consoles to boot... okay, the Xbox One isn't very exciting... but other than that everything is looking good.

Locopells
05-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Stupidly excited, mostly because everyone else is largely jumping on the bandwagon of deliberately not being excited...

Assassin_M
05-28-2013, 09:05 AM
of deliberately not being excited...
#Mevolution

ProletariatPleb
05-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Stupidly excited, mostly because everyone else is largely jumping on the bandwagon of deliberately not being excited...
Blame Cutscene Creed III

Aphex_Tim
05-28-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm not terribly excited but I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyway!
I'm planning on buying it alongside the PS4.

ACfan443
05-28-2013, 09:15 AM
Blame Cutscene Creed III

Hahaha.

AssassinHMS
05-28-2013, 10:01 AM
My feelings for AC4 right now are a mix of contempt and indifference since this game seems to be (from what I've seen so far) an insult to the franchise so, needless to say, I'm not hyped at all.

Ayush_S92
05-28-2013, 11:10 AM
only 20% excited.

Omg! Are you me?

pacmanate
05-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Way more excited for:

The Last of Us
Arkham Origins
GTAV
Watch_Dogs
Splinter Cell Blacklist

AC has stayed at a constant level of quality since AC2. Its not got any better Imo. Sure AC3 was techincally amazing, but it still didn't feel like a massive leap at all. Im just expecting "more AC", which is all I can describe it as right now.

If anything, I am more excited for Edward as a character. God knows what the story is going to be like.

II iL Falco II
05-28-2013, 12:17 PM
0% excitement...In fact I will not buy this game. AC3 has disappointed me, really, and I was very excited about the game because I expected an epic game and a good ending for Desmond's story. But it was nothing like that.

I think that ACIV BF will be a normal game, pretty bad and inconsistent in the modern day story-telling. I'm not a fan of pirates, I'm a fan of AC.

GreySkellig
05-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Hard to say. I'm nowhere near as excited as I was for AC3. The hype on that game was just overwhelming. And I'll admit, even though I've mostly defended it on forums, there were a lot of things that disappointed me about AC3. To my mind Ubisoft had two main goals with that release: one was to radically redo gameplay (new controls, new activities, new tree-running, naval gameplay etc.) in which I felt they succeeded. As the basic gameplay level, AC3 was my favorite in the series. But in terms of the story that was told with that gameplay...big letdown. There were a few emotional highpoints, but I spent most of AC3's story missions going "Why is Connor at this battle/why should I care about this sequence?" Not to mention poor mission design.

As a result, my biggest hope for ACIV is that it fulfills the potential I saw in the framework of AC3. Sure, I'm excited about the three cities, underwater sequences, and an action-based economy (after AC3's extremely lackluster trade system). But TBH it's less about the features and more about fixing problems from AC3. Boring mission design, lack of stealth, lack of open-endedness/freedom in assassinations...few assassinations in general...bland locations. Ashraf Ismail seems to know these were problems as much as the fans do--they're making all the right promises. The question is whether those (somewhat intangible) promises will be kept. And I guess we on't know until release time.

At a subdued level, I am slightly geeking out about the awesome potential of this game. But I really don't want to get bit again like with AC3. Regardless, not going to be buying it until sometime in January (I'll be out of the country from June until then)

flyin-bart
05-28-2013, 04:41 PM
I've pre ordered the black chest edition and yes I'm looking forward to it coming out.

I agree with GreySkelling, AC3 was enjoyable graphics wise but the storyline lacked WAY behind the hype that was associated with it pre release. But looking at that game and whats going to be on offer in AC4 they have pretty much already got at least 50% of the foundation dev work graphics wise done. I think it will be a direct carry over from AC3 to AC4 with tweaks to make it the Caribbean, and hopefully a MUCH better and imersive storyline, I'm wondering that they realise how dissapointed most folk were with AC3 that they want to put that to bed and bring out another chapter in the same francise quickly that will maybe restore the confidence that people once had in the game, or maybe this quick sucession of releases was planned all along as they only have to develop 1.5 games to get two if they use a lot of the graphics content etc. from AC3 in AC4. A good money spinner for them.....

As for it being better on PS4 than PS3 I'm not convinced at all. Yes it will run on a PS4 but has been developed for this generation, not the next. I can't see Sony or MS giving the devs the next gen consoles to test the game on before the consoles have even been priced let alone put up for sale. It will be 2 years after they come out that we will see a vast improvement in games.

I've ordered on PS3!

But I will get a PS4 console when they come out..... and will eat lots of humble pie if the game rocks on PS4 and is far superior than PS3.

Noble6
05-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Not really. I don't think it is any better than Ac3 or different enough. I'm not going to buy it as soon as it comes out. It's probably good game but it will feel like "been there, done that" type of game like many Ac games already have. It's the fifth or fourth in my most interesting games of 2013 list.

twenty_glyphs
05-28-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm not excited at all. I am still keeping an eye on the game to see how it turns out and trying to keep an open mind. Maybe a year of feeling indifferent to the franchise and having low expectations combined with a very good AC4 would make me really enjoy AC4. The devs are saying all the right things now, but I have my doubts that they can really fulfill their promises. They were extremely deep into AC4's development when the criticism for AC3 started flooding in, so I'm not sure how much they had time to really change from the original vision. The fact that almost nothing of the game has been shown yet despite being in development for almost 2 years also doesn't make me feel too confident either.

Part of the problem AC4 faces is trying to carve out its own identity within the franchise with something fresh AND trying to address the large number of complaints about AC3. I feel like the series really lacks a consistent creative vision these days, and they're just going from game to game reacting in small ways to feedback but then screwing up in new ways as well. If they spend too much time trying to "fix" AC3's problems, they could end up with a game that lacks its own creative vision and heart.

Regardless, Arkham Origins comes out only 4 days before AC4, so I'll be playing that until I'm done and not picking up AC4 until I've had my fill of Batman and I've seen good fan feedback for AC4.

Sushiglutton
05-28-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm fairly excited, what can I say I'm an optimist :)! The locations look stunning from what has been shown. I like the idea of mixing naval with regular gameplay. Pirate theme is golden. Always liked underwater in games. Lacoste and Darby are cool cats. I'm not expecting miracles when it comes to gameplay improvements as they have not been able to deliver a satisfying game on five tries. As long as it is a step in the right direction I'll be more than pleased.

JamJar502
05-28-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm more excited for Watch Dogs, mainly due to the fact that I've seen more of it (not to mention I really like the concept). I'm interested in AC4, but I haven't seen enough of it to warrant me getting ludicrously excited over it, in the same way I'm not excited for Arkham Origins.

BATISTABUS
05-28-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm excited for it as a video game. I've wanted nothing but an open world pirate game since Red Dead Redemption, and this seems to be it. The fact that it's an AC game is a nice bonus. That, and I really like the writing Darby did on Revelations. I'll almost surely be disappointed, but the formula seems right up my alley.

Mr_Shade
05-28-2013, 07:58 PM
dreading it all..

Watch dogs / AC4 / everything..

just means more work for me! ;)

pacmanate
05-28-2013, 08:01 PM
dreading it all..

Watch dogs / AC4 / everything..

just means more work for me! ;)

And I am here, to add more misery.

Mr_Shade
05-28-2013, 08:04 PM
And I am here, to add more misery.truth!

kriegerdesgottes
05-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Not really excited. Not near as much as I wish I was. Maybe I'm getting older, maybe the games just aren't what they used to be. I think it's a mixture of both.

Megas_Doux
05-29-2013, 03:20 AM
I'm excited for it as a video game. I've wanted nothing but an open world pirate game since Red Dead Redemption, and this seems to be it. The fact that it's an AC game is a nice bonus. That, and I really like the writing Darby did on Revelations. I'll almost surely be disappointed, but the formula seems right up my alley.

This!!!