PDA

View Full Version : New Idea-> Assassins Creed 6: Ancient Sparta

GeorgeMoulos
05-26-2013, 02:23 AM
Hey all. I have had this idea in my mind for a while now and it only came about because i thought that for the next step for AC would go to far into modern history and lose its sense of antiquity.

So, I thought about which time would best suite my ideas. I came up with Ancient Sparta.

Idea Process:

-The Assassin would be a Spartan boy, goes through the agoge (taught by a past assassin). Trained as a skilled warrior (and maybe leader).
-Fight in Pelopponesian wars (war between Athens and Sparta 431BC-404BC). The Athenians would be the Templars and a story line could be followed through an Athenian warrior/politician. The Assassins motives would be to (as Spartan motives were then) free all greek states from Athenian tyranny.

Imagery:

-Spartan shields had the letter Lambda on them to represent Lacedaemon (area around Sparta) this looks like an A just without the line in the middle. So, his shield would have the Assassins symbol on it (looks the same).
-The hood would be part of the red cloak that they used.

Please give me your opinion and thoughts on this. Thanks!

Bashilir
05-26-2013, 02:41 AM
I like it but, wasn't the footwear they had at this time odd for parkour? Oh and a picure of the shield you're talking about(I think)

http://www.legion-fourteen.com/spartans.jpg

GeorgeMoulos
05-26-2013, 02:58 AM
Foot wear was just sandals from what i know, but i am sure that leather boots were an option. Yeah, spot on that is the symbol.

Bashilir
05-26-2013, 03:01 AM
Foot wear was just sandals from what i know, but i am sure that leather boots were an option. Yeah, spot on that is the symbol.

Well then, I'm all on board. l:P

GeorgeMoulos
05-26-2013, 03:03 AM
Nice, I will keep thinking of story line and plot so ill keep this updated.

ProletariatPleb
05-26-2013, 03:18 AM
http://i.minus.com/ifBaCKcylpV3c.jpg

GeorgeMoulos
05-26-2013, 04:25 AM
Saw that coming.

GeorgeMoulos
05-26-2013, 04:27 AM
Hood= http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z304/Brickout/300%20cape%20construction/Step029.jpg

Check!

ProletariatPleb
05-26-2013, 04:44 AM
Saw that coming.
Not against the idea, but was compelled to make that.

I want settings like that, Ancient Greece, Rome, Sparta, Egypt.
Those which aren't marred by pinpoint historical accuracy and have plenty of leeway for 'actual history' method that AC has been using to craft stories. AC3 made it into a joke by shoving Connor into every event, do not want.

LoyalACFan
05-26-2013, 04:48 AM
I want settings like that, Ancient Greece, Rome, Sparta, Egypt.
Those which aren't marred by pinpoint historical accuracy and have plenty of leeway for 'actual history' method that AC has been using to craft stories. AC3 made it into a joke by shoving Connor into every event, do not want.

Precisely this. I want to play Assassin's Creed, not Forrest Gump with a hood.

That said, I'm all on board for this Spartan idea, however they need to make AC5 before there can be an AC6 :p

GeorgeMoulos
05-26-2013, 04:52 AM
Yeah, I agree. If it were to be made it would best be at the time of the Peloponnesian wars, so way after Leonidas and the 300.

It would be great for the Assassin v Templar plot as Sparta would be assassins and Athens the Templars.

There would be a war, as always and it would go parallel with the actual war. Sea battles could be fought, as in actual history (Although Spartan navy was ****).

But the Peloponnesian war was a long, tiresome war that exhausted both sides. There were many, many battles and the Spartans weren't in all of them.

So sticking to historical fact wouldn't be a problem as it is a whole mess anyway.

GeorgeMoulos
05-26-2013, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the support. I am thinking it up as I go along but I think the basis of it is here.

I have good knowledge of Spartan history so if anyone has an idea and they want to see if it would slide im more than happy to answer.

Another thing, the Greeks invented the crossbow, that could be a weapon.

GreySkellig
05-26-2013, 05:59 AM
I'm interested in the idea, but wouldn't it make more sense to reverse it so that Athens was Assassins, Sparta Templars? I mean, I know Sparta has more of a tough underdog feel, but if I recall correctly Athens was a true democracy (sounds like Assassins) and Sparta was effectively an oligarchy/plutocracy where puppet kings were directed by an elite group of powerful men (seems pretty Templar). Plus Athens was bigger/more ornate than Spartan towns.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-26-2013, 06:27 AM
I have a feeling Assassins Creed 5 is the last in the series....

ProletariatPleb
05-26-2013, 06:31 AM
I have a feeling Assassins Creed 5 is the last in the series....
Ubi dropping their cash cow? lol.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-26-2013, 06:55 AM
Ubi dropping their cash cow? lol.

Lol, I dontt hink AC 5 will come out until 2015 after their movie :D
But everything seems like its closing up doesnt it?
Desmond Dies...We're only 100 years away from having cars in the animus (yes i know they can go farther back)
But it makes me wonder why they even jumped ahead in time so fast in the first place.... I'm almost 100% certain they planned for Assassins Creed to be a trilogy and end specifically in 2012 until AC 2 blew every ones minds and they saw people want more more more :D
But I think we will only see 2 more games after this...
Hopefully the next (2014) is an origins story...idk why they havent done it yet :(

ProletariatPleb
05-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Lol, I dontt hink AC 5 will come out until 2015 after their movie :D
But everything seems like its closing up doesnt it?
Desmond Dies...We're only 100 years away from having cars in the animus (yes i know they can go farther back)
But it makes me wonder why they even jumped ahead in time so fast in the first place.... I'm almost 100% certain they planned for Assassins Creed to be a trilogy and end specifically in 2012 until AC 2 blew every ones minds and they saw people want more more more :D
But I think we will only see 2 more games after this...
Hopefully the next (2014) is an origins story...idk why they havent done it yet :(
They closed Desmond's pathetic story arc(which I am very glad of) that's all.

And moving to the future was a very bad idea.

You're 100% certain? Everybody knows the game was planned to be a trilogy, lol. That changed a lot time ago.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-26-2013, 07:16 AM
They closed Desmond's pathetic story arc(which I am very glad of) that's all.

And moving to the future was a very bad idea.

You're 100% certain? Everybody knows the game was planned to be a trilogy, lol. That changed a lot time ago.
I just had a hunch, now everyone knows :D

ProletariatPleb
05-26-2013, 07:21 AM
I just had a hunch, now everyone knows :D
Well yeah they announced it long ago. Those who've been there since AC1(me, for example) know of this. Then that 'plan' changed.

silvermercy
05-26-2013, 07:21 AM
I love the Spartan idea! And I especially like how the Spartan warrior logo would fit perfectly with the Assassin symbol!! LOL

http://www.strongblade.com/prod/prodimages/sba-spartanshield1_m.jpg

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/pics/2012/jun/147476331d.jpg

I would reconsider having two opposing cities as assassins and templars though. It would be too obvious and easy... It should be more complicated with only certain Athenian politicians being Templars. You could also have templars within Sparta.

Perhaps "helots" could be featured, too (spartan slaves) .

pacmanate
05-26-2013, 10:44 AM
I love the Spartan idea! And I especially like how the Spartan warrior logo would fit perfectly with the Assassin symbol!! LOL

I would reconsider having two opposing cities as assassins and templars though. It would be too obvious and easy... It should be more complicated with only certain Athenian politicians being Templars. You could also have templars within Sparta.

Or we could change it to an A and pretend to be captain america :D

GeorgeMoulos
05-26-2013, 11:07 AM

I heard somewhere that they could draw it out to 7, but the source is unconfirmed and is therefore unreliable.

I do agree with what you are saying (quote above), so what I am thinking is something along the lines of politicians in Athens that are Templars and certain members in the Spartan government that are templars as well. BUT, if we want the story to coincide with the Pelopponesian wars then it will have to be either City v City. I also felt this to be weird, taking the side of the non-democrats (and all that is good and stuffs) especially when one of the assassin creed, creeds are "defending human free will". This will be hard to figure out.

Idea:
TIme period: In the middle of the Pelopponesian war, so between 431BC-404BC.

Maybe, our assassin is born in Sparta. He enters the agoge (rigorous spartan education system) and there he meets......(here it comes).....an Athenian POW (Prisoner of war) that was sold into slavery and used as a helot/slave (he would be old so that he wouldnt be a physical threat, and also because he is the mentor (e.g. Achilles AC3)). Here this Athenian ex-soldier and coincidentally Assassin teaches our spartan boy the way of the assassins and the political demographic of the world around him. Here the boy learns and absorbs knowledge and decides that he will be an assassin.

The old mentor (Athenian POW) teaches him of the Templars (Spartan government) and their plot to take down the Athenian democracy (assassins). Our spartan boy now has his eyes on Spartan officials as well as pro-oligarchic athenian politicians, (regarding this, the years 411 or 412 would be good as there were actually a lot of pro-oligarchic politicians trying to overthrow the democracy).

All the feedback i am getting is really great. I have had this rattling around in my head for a while, so thanks it really means a lot because as you might tell from my name i am greek, from a little place called Sparta (i dont live there anymore)

GeorgeMoulos
05-26-2013, 11:18 AM
This would have to be as far back in time the game can possibly go. 1200 AD was Altair so 1600 years back further is probably as far back as it can go from that time.

Should we be thinking of how this could coincide with Desmond's story? Will Desmond even be in Black Flag?

silvermercy
05-26-2013, 11:39 AM
I heard somewhere that they could draw it out to 7, but the source is unconfirmed and is therefore unreliable.

I do agree with what you are saying (quote above), so what I am thinking is something along the lines of politicians in Athens that are Templars and certain members in the Spartan government that are templars as well. BUT, if we want the story to coincide with the Pelopponesian wars then it will have to be either City v City. I also felt this to be weird, taking the side of the non-democrats (and all that is good and stuffs) especially when one of the assassin creed, creeds are "defending human free will". This will be hard to figure out.

Idea:
TIme period: In the middle of the Pelopponesian war, so between 431BC-404BC.

Maybe, our assassin is born in Sparta. He enters the agoge (rigorous spartan education system) and there he meets......(here it comes).....an Athenian POW (Prisoner of war) that was sold into slavery and used as a helot/slave (he would be old so that he wouldnt be a physical threat, and also because he is the mentor (e.g. Achilles AC3)). Here this Athenian ex-soldier and coincidentally Assassin teaches our spartan boy the way of the assassins and the political demographic of the world around him. Here the boy learns and absorbs knowledge and decides that he will be an assassin.

The old mentor (Athenian POW) teaches him of the Templars (Spartan government) and their plot to take down the Athenian democracy (assassins). Our spartan boy now has his eyes on Spartan officials as well as pro-oligarchic athenian politicians, (regarding this, the years 411 or 412 would be good as there were actually a lot of pro-oligarchic politicians trying to overthrow the democracy).

All the feedback i am getting is really great. I have had this rattling around in my head for a while, so thanks it really means a lot because as you might tell from my name i am greek, from a little place called Sparta (i dont live there anymore)

Yes, I like the setting and the idea of a Spartan assassin! Even though I'm an Athenian! Let me fight you!! LOL! xD

( @pacmanate A Spartan assassin travels to the future and becomes Captain America. Awesome plot twist! lol)

ArabianFrost
05-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Thing is, they still have to finish the Kenway family trilogy. After the Kenway Trilogy is over, THEN we will go back in time. 2014, we will get a game in France or London, afterwards, either one of two things will happen. Ubisoft will start a new trilogy, back in time, OR they will put the series into hiatus, then come out after 2-3 years with a story about the origins of the Assassins and Templars.

GeorgeMoulos
05-26-2013, 12:13 PM
LoL

pacmanate
05-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Thing is, they still have to finish the Kenway family trilogy. After the Kenway Trilogy is over, THEN we will go back in time. 2014, we will get a game in France or London, afterwards, either one of two things will happen. Ubisoft will start a new trilogy, back in time, OR they will put the series into hiatus, then come out after 2-3 years with a story about the origins of the Assassins and Templars.

sauce plz

DavidPage
05-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Guys I don't think that the series will end soon... With Black Flag starting a new story (remember that we are yet to find out what is going on in the modern day story in a detailed way - is there anything new about TWCB?, what about the A vs T war?, who are we in BF?, why are we doing what we're doing? etc) I expect a minimum of 4 games after Black Flag... Remember when Ubi said that they hope to reach AC 10? BF is AC 7... Also there's the movie coming... And it would suck if the series kinda ends with it... Expect at least two games after the movie. But that would be true for a mediocre franchise, and AC is almost at GTA status so that won't happen either. I think that AC will exist until the next gen is nearing it's end... And I don't think there will be so much of a deviation from these characters and stories. It will still be about the Miles bloodline or someone close. And although I would LOVE a game set that far back (Ancient Greece-Rome-Egypt) I really don't see it happening so easy (some features from the latest games would have to be cut). A game set in the time of TWCB would sound more logical to me (using Ubi's way of progression) as there have been more hints about that that anything else (Shaun's dialogue w/ Desmond in III about going that far back, the "Truth" video).

STDlyMcStudpants
05-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Guys I don't think that the series will end soon... With Black Flag starting a new story (remember that we are yet to find out what is going on in the modern day story in a detailed way - is there anything new about TWCB?, what about the A vs T war?, who are we in BF?, why are we doing what we're doing? etc) I expect a minimum of 4 games after Black Flag... Remember when Ubi said that they hope to reach AC 10? BF is AC 7... Also there's the movie coming... And it would suck if the series kinda ends with it... Expect at least two games after the movie. But that would be true for a mediocre franchise, and AC is almost at GTA status so that won't happen either. I think that AC will exist until the next gen is nearing it's end... And I don't think there will be so much of a deviation from these characters and stories. It will still be about the Miles bloodline or someone close. And although I would LOVE a game set that far back (Ancient Greece-Rome-Egypt) I really don't see it happening so easy (some features from the latest games would have to be cut). A game set in the time of TWCB would sound more logical to me (using Ubi's way of progression) as there have been more hints about that that anything else (Shaun's dialogue w/ Desmond in III about going that far back, the "Truth" video).

I hope they go to AC X and bring back all 9 assassins for a 3 hour sequence each (includes side missions) :D
Send it off with a pretty bow.

Bashilir
05-26-2013, 07:09 PM
I hope they go to AC X and bring back all 9 assassins for a 3 hour sequence each (includes side missions) :D
Send it off with a pretty bow.

How about... no? I would like if the last assassin we play as experiences all the stories of all the past assassins in a few seconds(like the ending of ToKW). Like, a final, huge revelation. I can just imagine the assassin standing there and all around him are images of the past assassins...

Megas_Doux
05-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Love Classic antiquity, but not for AC!
Would prefer the Opium Wars, 100 years war, Mughal Empire or Ancient Babylon!

KrYpToNiC95
05-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Although Sparta is interesting they had no buildings of any significance besides the spartan acropolis. They had no walls and their architecture was bland. I'd prefer the golden age of Athens leading into the peloponnesian war and the plague in 430 bc. Other places could be Corinth and even Delphi.

silvermercy
05-26-2013, 10:44 PM
^ Yes... ancient Athens and surrounding areas had more extensive architecture indeed. Of course that doesn't mean a Spartan assassin could not travel there. ^^(I'd add Delos island in the mix. The most sacred (and mysterious island) in ancient times. It was later also largely destroyed by errr... pirates. lol Today it's a UNESCO World Heritage Site.)

Athens:
http://www.sikyon.com/athens/monuments/athens_view1.jpg

http://galahotels.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/the-agora-in-ancient-athens.jpg

Sushiglutton
05-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Although Sparta is interesting they had no buildings of any significance besides the spartan acropolis. They had no walls and their architecture was bland. I'd prefer the golden age of Athens leading into the peloponnesian war and the plague in 430 bc. Other places could be Corinth and even Delphi.

Maybe we can play as a Spartan infiltrating Athens and get the best of both worlds :)! Ancient Greece is def one of the top candidates for an upcoming AC to me. Beautiful architecture, historically super important for the western civilization, loads of famous characters and events.

AherasSTRG
05-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Sounds like a good idea. However, the only way to implement the parkouring mechanics is if the game takes place in Athens or Theves, because those were the only cities with actual architecture to support it.
PS: Κάνε με add στο Uplay

MasterfulList53
05-27-2013, 01:07 AM
Many Greek sculptures and buildings were originally painted in vivid colours.

This could be a good thing or a bad thing: on the one hand, it could make environments more vibrant to look at; on the other, to many people today the colours used have the effect of making the statues and architecture look tasteless and gaudy.

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060321/060321_parthenon_colors_hlg_4p.grid-6x2.jpg
The Parthenon

http://media.smithsonianmag.com/images/gods_jul08_631.jpg 9
Archer at Parthenon from 490 B.C.

Try to picture the Parthenon behind the sculpture being painted too, as above.

Here's a link (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=57a_1334200659) with more examples - some are Roman.

Black_Widow9
05-27-2013, 01:48 AM
Please post this here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424

Thanks