PDA

View Full Version : "Connor" in AC4

Wolfmeister1010
05-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Hey guys. I have a small idea.

You know how in previous games you could unlock the outfit of the previous assassin, like you could wear Altair robes in ac2? Well I have an idea to bring that idea to a new level.

In AC4, there should be a "Connor pack" in which not only do you receive his outfit, but also a unique assassin tomahawk, and a bow and arrow weapon.*
It would also be cool if you could change to Connor's character model but I doubt that would happen.*

Well? What do you think.

roostersrule2
05-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Connor should not be in AC4, but in an AC 3 direct sequel.

ProletariatPleb
05-25-2013, 12:25 AM
The outfit idea seems fine, those desperate Connor fans that want to justify why they love him because he was received poorly will have something.

Assassin_M
05-25-2013, 12:29 AM
Connor is boring

ProletariatPleb
05-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Connor is boring
I like Connor but he really is boring, they don't explore his character's side. Now anyway, let's not start this here M, back on-topic please.

Assassin_M
05-25-2013, 12:33 AM
I like Connor but he really is boring, they don't explore his character's side. Now anyway, let's not start this here M, back on-topic please.
i AM on topic...Connor is boring..all of him...even his bow, outfit and tomahawk...very boring

don't want

Wolfmeister1010
05-25-2013, 01:24 AM
i AM on topic...Connor is boring..all of him...even his bow, outfit and tomahawk...very boring

don't want

....I thought you were one of the people who liked him?

Assassin_M
05-25-2013, 01:26 AM
....I thought you were one of the people who liked him?
I lied to get the girls :|

roostersrule2
....I thought you were one of the people who liked him?No, DON'T.

Wolfmeister1010
The outfit idea seems fine, those desperate Connor fans that want to justify why they love him because he was received poorly will have something.

...........orrrrrrrr..... Maybe because some people like his outfit....that's it... It has nothing to do with Connor as a character

ArabianFrost
05-25-2013, 01:27 AM

So brave.

Seriously though, I sometimes think people support Connor out of pity.

ProletariatPleb
05-25-2013, 01:30 AM
...........orrrrrrrr..... Maybe because some people like his outfit....that's it... It has nothing to do with Connor as a character
That's the obvious reason, I was supporting you by giving you another point in favour :p

So brave.

Seriously though, I sometimes think people support Connor out of pity.
They do, yeah.

M ofcourse opposes the majority no matter what >_>

Assassin_M
05-25-2013, 01:31 AM
M ofcourse opposes the majority no matter what >_>
I always tend to do that

ArabianFrost
05-25-2013, 01:37 AM
I always tend to do that

It's just a phase.

montagemik
05-25-2013, 02:03 AM
Hey guys. I have a small idea.

You know how in previous games you could unlock the outfit of the previous assassin, like you could wear Altair robes in ac2? Well I have an idea to bring that idea to a new level.

In AC4, there should be a "Connor pack" in which not only do you receive his outfit, but also a unique assassin tomahawk, and a bow and arrow weapon.*
It would also be cool if you could change to Connor's character model but I doubt that would happen.*

Well? What do you think.

How about The Assassin robes /coat Connor has in AC3 - Is the final Assassin outfit for Edward at the end of AC-4 (without the eagle patch on the hood)
Weren't Connor's Assassin robes supposed to have been brought to the colonies Years ago (or was that Achilles outfit ? ) . well AC3 is years after AC-4 .

I'm all for bringing the Bow back - retrievable arrows made for a useful weapon.

Wolfmeister1010
05-25-2013, 02:03 AM
While Connor was received poorly, I do believe that if he gets another game some day, and gets more time to develop as a character, then maybe he will be a little bit more liked. I personally like Connor, but would never describe myself as a fanboy. I hate fanboys of anything

Wolfmeister1010
05-25-2013, 02:07 AM
Oh by the way off topic but a new cool screenshot of AC4 was released 5min ago here is link

http://www.gamefocus.ca/news/20260.html

roostersrule2
05-25-2013, 02:12 AM
Oh by the way off topic but a new cool screenshot of AC4 was released 5min ago here is link

http://www.gamefocus.ca/news/20260.htmlIt was released when the Xbox One reveal was happening, when I first saw it I thought that he was using a hookblade, then I looked again.

AdamPearce
05-25-2013, 03:44 AM
I lied to get the girls :|

But since the only thing they wont was Connor you gave up?

+You make laugh the sh*t outta me! ;)

I-Like-Pie45
05-25-2013, 04:55 AM
I think that would piss off the Connor fans who want a sequel with him even more

hoodrat94
05-25-2013, 05:13 AM
Absolutely want it, it can come out as a DLC or even better episodic DLC!
Tyranny of Connor the bow, the tomahawk and the outfit, each of them costs just 4.99!
Can't wait!

M_L2008
05-26-2013, 01:44 AM
I would like to see a little more detail put into Connor but that should have been done in AC3. I think that Ubi made too big of a jump in time so that is why they are going back in time now....something they have never done. I would like to see an AC WWII in the future. I am over Connor and he can just stay in AC3. We don't need to see him in AC4 which will take place two generations before his time.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-26-2013, 06:26 AM
I jsut want a connor story again :(

ProletariatPleb
05-26-2013, 06:32 AM
I would like to see an AC WWII in the future.
No, please no. That kind of game already exists and we don't need any more guns in this series.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/43/Official_Saboteur_Game_Cover_Art.JPG

STDlyMcStudpants
05-26-2013, 06:50 AM
No, please no. That kind of game already exists and we don't need any more guns in this series.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/43/Official_Saboteur_Game_Cover_Art.JPG

Exactly....Idk why the heck people want WW2..its as boring and played out as japan :DDDDDDD

montagemik
05-26-2013, 09:49 AM
..its as boring and played out as japan :DDDDDDD

LOL , I Live for the day When UBI backtrack on their previous comments ..................& Plant JAPAN firmly in the middle of an AC game .

No setting or location is 'Overused' with a concept like AC - It's about retelling / replaying historical events ................... Something 90 + % of existing media/films has ever used in Japan .
Say what you like - Japan still has some of the best historical facts & mythological legends needed to link up Templars/ Assassin's & 1st Civ history .

Ancient Assassination techniques ........& Modern day tech innovation .................... Apparently not suitable as Historical Assassin setting or Modern day Abstergo setting .
(Completely plausible we as Assassins travel the world for knowledge but ignore Japan ................Completely plausible Large Global corporation creating state of the art Technology are based in ITALY rather than Japan ........ ""Japan Overused"" is an excuse copied by every sheep who heard it in an interview one time . )

M_L2008
05-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Im not talking about a typical American or British Assassin fighting against the Germans. I would say put a twist on it with the Assassin being a German fighting internally against Hitler or even better a Russian Assassin like an Enemy at the Gates type of character. I haven't played any of the WW2 games recently so you may be right, it may be played out. I just think that if Ubi can use their imagination and have some forethought they might be able to come up with a good concept or twist that could make it fun.

So if not WWII, what modern day era AC would you like to see?

Assassin_M
05-26-2013, 10:36 AM
So if not WWII, what modern day era AC would you like to see?
How about none? They shouldn't go over the early 1800s, if they did then they'll lose ALOT of fans. Cars, modern guns and sky sky scrapers is not what a fan looks for in AC. AC established itself as a historical game. It will stay that. The modern genre is crowded as it is.

montagemik
05-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Japan - 1876 ................no more guns than AC-3 really ........ No cars , No skyscrapers ;)

Personally , I don't see how Guns should even prevent Modern AC games , they just increase the need for genuine covert infiltration & STEALTH . We have modern day body armour , & it's no more far fetched than Altair armour or Connor's bullet force field, to expect other kinds of protection in different time periods.

Guns are still rare in 21st century England by comparison to other periods or countries .
A cut off date of early 1800's seems a little early to me.

And i wouldn't say ' Modern cars ,guns, Skyscrapers ' isn't what 'AC Fans' look for ...............Many initially anticipated for years that AC-3 would be mostly if not entirely modern day Desmond as the Ultimate assassin in exactly that kind of setting.

Megas_Doux
05-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Japan - 1876 ................no more guns than AC-3 really ........ No cars , No skyscrapers ;)

China during the Opium Wars, 1839 -1842......

poptartz20
05-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Back on subject.. I would personally love to see a Connor outfit in the game, considering that there has been an Ezio and Altair outfit in every game. But then again every game is actually passed their time vs. the time going backwards like it is in this one.

On the other hand we are getting a Haytham outfit, so why no Connor.

montagemik
05-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Back on subject.. I would personally love to see a Connor outfit in the game, considering that there has been an Ezio and Altair outfit in every game. But then again every game is actually passed their time vs. the time going backwards like it is in this one.

On the other hand we are getting a Haytham outfit, so why no Connor.

We're getting a 'Haytham' colour scheme for Edwards standard outfit - Not a haytham costume .

Would make more sense if Connor's outfit is Edwards Final Assassin outfit ingame ............
The Blue/white coat could easily be in AC-4 , Many soldiers are shown wearing similar outfits & perhaps the beaked hood with eagle symbol was stitched on afterwards by Connor in AC-3 .

pacmanate
05-27-2013, 07:28 PM
Wouldn't mind it. Personally when the hood was up I never even thought it was Connor. I just never really thought Connor's moveset suited his personality

poptartz20
05-27-2013, 07:40 PM
We're getting a 'Haytham' colour scheme for Edwards standard outfit - Not a haytham costume.

Close enough. Haha.

projectpat06
05-27-2013, 07:46 PM
We're getting a 'Haytham' colour scheme for Edwards standard outfit - Not a haytham costume .

Would make more sense if Connor's outfit is Edwards Final Assassin outfit ingame ............
The Blue/white coat could easily be in AC-4 , Many soldiers are shown wearing similar outfits & perhaps the beaked hood with eagle symbol was stitched on afterwards by Connor in AC-3 .

I really don't like the idea of using previous games' outfit as unlockable outfits in the new game. It seems like a cheap and lazy way to give us rewards when we all know new unique outfits look better in the game and have more value as a reward bc we've never used it before. If we got Connor's outfit as the final outfit, I would be sorely disappointed.

poptartz20
05-27-2013, 09:02 PM
I really don't like the idea of using previous games' outfit as unlockable outfits in the new game. It seems like a cheap and lazy way to give us rewards when we all know new unique outfits look better in the game and have more value as a reward bc we've never used it before. If we got Connor's outfit as the final outfit, I would be sorely disappointed.

Not that I think that Connor's outfit should be the final one, but I do think it would be nice if it was in game. Other than that what outfit would you use instead?

GreySkellig
05-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Wouldn't mind it. Personally when the hood was up I never even thought it was Connor. I just never really thought Connor's moveset suited his personality

That's actually a really good point. I definitely felt like when I couldn't see his face he seemed like a brutal predator and when I could see he was just some lost angry kid.

As for the main idea here--I've never been a fan of the old assassins' outfits in new games. They typically aren't textured super well, they look really out of place, and frankly I'd rather have another new costume (greatcoat, anyone?) to add to Captains Morgan & Drake than Connor's uniform.

The only exception is that the OP mentioned getting the bow, and I would really love that. Best stealth weapon in Connor's inventory, and I'll be sad to see it go. But hopefully the blowgun will fill that niche in a unique way.

By the way, how do we know about the Haytham color scheme?

I-Like-Pie45
05-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Not that I think that Connor's outfit should be the final one, but I do think it would be nice if it was in game. Other than that what outfit would you use instead?

http://entertainingtube.com/wp-content/uploads/mvbthumbs/img_10955_shark-attack-remi-gaillard-200x150.jpg

montagemik
05-27-2013, 10:37 PM

""New & unique outfits always look better & have more value as a reward "" ..........That's a Bold statement.
AC-3 Prison outfit - Colonial Assassin - & the feminine revamped capt Aquila outfits BEG TO DIFFER . :p
Collect All feathers as Teen Connor in memory 5 & we're rewarded with the outfit we're still wearing = Some unique reward ;)

Personally i think having edward fully redeemed as an Assassin at the end , wearing the basis of Connor's future outfit would tie in quite well with the timeline & stories of AC3 & AC4 .
He'll have a variety of Pirate outfits ,with & without coats - Be nice if the game had some Assassin based outfits too. & Ezio's / Altair's would look wildly out of place ...............Unlike connor's .

Gorjira54_Sync
05-28-2013, 12:29 AM
yeah, i would love a connor costume

SixKeys
05-28-2013, 01:40 AM
""New & unique outfits always look better & have more value as a reward "" ..........That's a Bold statement.
AC-3 Prison outfit - Colonial Assassin - & the feminine revamped capt Aquila outfits BEG TO DIFFER . :p
Collect All feathers as Teen Connor in memory 5 & we're rewarded with the outfit we're still wearing = Some unique reward ;)

Compared to the half-assed Alta´r and Ezio skins? The other outfits were amazing.

(BTW, I like the alternate Captain of the Aquila outfit better than the regular one.)

Assassin_M
05-28-2013, 01:42 AM
(BTW, I like the alternate Captain of the Aquila outfit better than the regular one.)
you`re the first person I met who thinks that 0_o

SixKeys
05-28-2013, 01:44 AM
you`re the first person I met who thinks that 0_o

I like the color scheme and detail. It seems more period-accurate to me.

Assassin_M
05-28-2013, 01:46 AM
Yeah, they`re pretty picky with peculiar historical detail....I just loved the color and boats of the regular Captain outfit and it`s not that the pre-order outfit was bad...i just liked the regular one over it...oh well

montagemik
05-28-2013, 02:28 AM

The pre-order Aquila Capt outfit is more accurate to Edwards time period than Connor's . I'm only glad it was 'altered' for the actual ingame missions with Connor.

Little imagination or effort seemed to have been used for most unlockable or pre-order outfits in AC3, other than default Assassin , Only the Naval/privateer outfits received any proper attention TBH.

& i'm expecting similar for AC-4 ...........outfit dyes & masses of Alternate Pirate/ Captain style outfits & a 'prison rags' swimming outfit :nonchalance: .
(Everybody go crazy for a Bandana or eye patch outfit)

projectpat06
05-28-2013, 05:40 AM

Personally i think having edward fully redeemed as an Assassin at the end , wearing the basis of Connor's future outfit would tie in quite well with the timeline & stories of AC3 & AC4 .
He'll have a variety of Pirate outfits ,with & without coats - Be nice if the game had some Assassin based outfits too. & Ezio's / Altair's would look wildly out of place ...............Unlike connor's .

Be it may that the Captain dlc outfit and prisoner outfit were meh, the colonial assassin, captain kidd, and Achilles' outfit were awesome some of the best bonus outfits we've received.

Personally, I would want his final outfit to be something we haven't seen before. A new set of bad *** assassin's robes with the beaked hood. Def something similar to Connor's. Maybe taking one of the Spanish military's white coat and attaching a new hood to it. If it is the same robes that Connor inherits then like Connor, I hope that edward adds his own little details. I wouldn't want him to have a copy and paste version with the feathers and stuff.

montagemik
05-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Def something similar to Connor's. Maybe taking one of the Spanish military's white coat and attaching a new hood to it. If it is the same robes that Connor inherits then like Connor, I hope that edward adds his own little details. I wouldn't want him to have a copy and paste version with the feathers and stuff.

That was my thinking - Only the basic White coat is the same as Connor's, No native armbands ,Beaked hood, No brown blade gauntlet ,No feathers ,

But just the basic blue/white coat - Add Edwards own style gauntlets , Boots, Hood, Shoulder strap ............... It's surprising how much Difference those few minor changes would make to the appearance of the AC-3 outfit ................. It's still Unique but vaguely still Connor's robes .

Like i said , i'd find it an acceptable way to kind of include Connor's outfit or imply where it's design originated at least.

ProletariatPleb
05-28-2013, 10:28 AM
That was my thinking - Only the basic White coat is the same as Connor's, No native armbands ,Beaked hood, No brown blade gauntlet ,No feathers ,

But just the basic blue/white coat - Add Edwards own style gauntlets , Boots, Hood, Shoulder strap ............... It's surprising how much Difference those few minor changes would make to the appearance of the AC-3 outfit ................. It's still Unique but vaguely still Connor's robes .

Like i said , i'd find it an acceptable way to kind of include Connor's outfit or imply where it's design originated at least.
Took me a while to do it... :p
http://i.minus.com/ibzbas3rCneqLS.jpg

Spider_Sith9
05-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Took me a while to do it... :p
http://i.minus.com/ibzbas3rCneqLS.jpg

That's actually pretty awesome!

But I agree about Connor. His hatred might even make him disappear from the franchise like that one Phoenix Wright game no one remembers. I mean we get a Haytham scheme and he's not even the main character.

projectpat06
05-29-2013, 12:50 AM

The only thing is I would want the beaked hood to be in the final outfit that Edward receives. It would show that edward is no longer a pirate who is an assassin recruit but a full fledged assassin devoted to the brotherhood. If these are Connor's robes, it can explain why it has the beak to it already when he inherits them. Same reason Ezio's robes has the beak when he inherits them from his father.

montagemik
05-29-2013, 09:38 AM
The only thing is I would want the beaked hood to be in the final outfit that Edward receives. It would show that edward is no longer a pirate who is an assassin recruit but a full fledged assassin devoted to the brotherhood. If these are Connor's robes, it can explain why it has the beak to it already when he inherits them. Same reason Ezio's robes has the beak when he inherits them from his father.

I Just figured it made sense for Edward of all assassins to have an un-beaked hood .............Like he still has his own nature / rebellious streak as a former pirate .
Plus the fact 'the Eagle symbol beak' on Connor's hood looks like it's stitched onto a standard hood to me .
AC3 outfit having the beak attached needs no explanation - I could imagine Connor himself adding this eagle segment ......to symbolise his own heritage on the outfit.(as with feathers, armbands.

either way , i'd prefer an earlier incarnation of Connor's outfit in AC-4 for edward ................Rather than a direct AC3 connor 'Skin' .

GreySkellig
05-29-2013, 04:15 PM
I Just figured it made sense for Edward of all assassins to have an un-beaked hood .............Like he still has his own nature / rebellious streak as a former pirate .
Plus the fact 'the Eagle symbol beak' on Connor's hood looks like it's stitched onto a standard hood to me .
AC3 outfit having the beak attached needs no explanation - I could imagine Connor himself adding this eagle segment ......to symbolise his own heritage on the outfit.(as with feathers, armbands.

either way , i'd prefer an earlier incarnation of Connor's outfit in AC-4 for edward ................Rather than a direct AC3 connor 'Skin' .

I'm with you here (kind of). My only concern is that the coat Connor's uniform is based on is too early for 1715. It seems like a solidly late-18th c. coat.

monsenor
06-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I thought Ezio got the girls.

MasterAssasin84
06-03-2013, 06:53 PM

I agree with you here on this one Edwards image will clash with his Assassin and Pirate identity so the character artists had to design his robes to justify this .

its like Connors Robes because of his Native heritage and the fact that he was caught in the middle of a revolution had to reflect this.

I Emerge I
06-03-2013, 06:55 PM
It would be nice if he got a few missions after the credits or some episodic DLC but obviously I would like him to have another game.