PDA

View Full Version : What would you name an Assassin?

Ratzmoonmopes
05-24-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm writing a little something that I want to pitch to Ubisoft. It's an Original Story, that could possibly tie-in to the Main Story of the Franchise, but I can't think of names for ANY of the Main Characters. I'm very bad at picking names. I really need names for 4 Characters. I will give short descriptions for each Character so it helps.

Note: Please don't get the wrong Idea. 3 of these Characters start out as Teenagers, but the whole series spans their whole lives. Please don't get the wrong idea by their Ages in the Descriptions that Follow. Also, I want the names to be Modern. I don't necessarily want them to be Unique names, but I want Good sounding Uncommon ones that are used today, Such as "Desmond Miles". "Desmond Miles" is a really good name, in my opinion for the Character, and it is a real name, that is used today.

First, The Main Character:

At the start of the series, he is 14 Years old, a Freshman in High School. He is living a semi-normal life in the Modern Day. His Parents were killed by Templars right in Front of his eyes when he was around 4-6. He Remembers this event Vividly, and has scarred him emotionally. He lives with his "Uncle", Who was really his Father and Mother's Partner when they were Assassin's. He is very Anti-Social, and is only Himself around his "Uncle" and his Best Friend. Though he is Anti-Social, he has very good Social and Speaking Skills. He can be very Persuasive. He always knows what to say, at the right time. He can be Funny, and is Very Intelligent. Think of him as a Mixture of All the Main Assassin's to date, including Edward. His Appearance, I have not decided on yet, but I can modify it to whatever name I find best. His voice is very similar to Connor's, because I think his Voice was AMAZING.

Second, The Best Friend:

As Mentioned Above, he is the Best Friend to The Main Character, and Joins him when he becomes an Assassin. They have been together since meeting in Elementary School, shortly after The Main Character's Parents were killed. Seeing the Main Character sad and alone in the Corner of the Classroom, he walks over and tries to be his Friend. His Personality and Characteristics are similar to that of The Main Character's, but more... "Stubborn". He is more patient and cautious than The Main Character. His Appearance I have not decided on, nor his voice. I suppose I will just go from Whatever name I find best.

Thirdly, The Main Villian:

The Main Templar Enemy of the Series, though I am not entirely sure what "Position" he is within the Order. He is a very important member, but I don't think he will be the "Leader". I haven't really thought about a Backstory for him, but they way He Acts and Talks is like a mix between The Illusive Man, Vidic and Dr. Strange (Batman). He has White Hair, wears a Suit, Manipulator, etc.

Finally, The Love-Interest:

She is probably my most Developed Character in my Head in this Series. She deoesn't come in until Later in the Series. Her Family was killed by Templars as well, but A lot more Recently. Around the Same time that The Main Character becomes "The Assassin". She is emotionally scarred by this event, far worse than The Main Character. She completely changes. She goes from a semi-normal girl (with no Assassin Heritage) to a Sad, Mad, Lonely girl out for Revenge. She becomes her own Vigilante Killer, with her only "Friend" She's ever really had (who I won't talk about). Eventually, Her and The Main Character Meet and she does become and Assassin Herself, becoming The Second-Best Assassin, and Second in Command, next to The Assassin Himself. Her Personality and Characteristics are very similar to The Main Character's, almost being a Female Version of him in the end. She has Light Blonde Hair, and a Slim but Fit Body Type, perfect for the Movements of an Assassin. ALSO, I would really like her name to Start with an "A", but I will consider all other names.

So, these are Characters I really need names for. I am hoping to contact Ubisoft with this Series when I get a ways into it, and maybe see it come to life with their help.

Black_Widow9
05-24-2013, 10:41 PM
We also have this Topic here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/713748

Ratzmoonmopes
05-24-2013, 10:49 PM
We also have this Topic here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/713748

Yes, but I'm not Making a "Fan-Fiction". I am Writing an all new series that will probably tie-in to the Main Story of Assassin's Creed, that I want to work with Ubisoft into Actually Making.

Farlander1991
05-24-2013, 11:21 PM
Then I would propose to first get hired by UbiSoft.

For legal reasons they won't even read your pitch. In basic terms, if it happens that something they do is really similar or identical to your pitch/proposal (even though it may be an accident since, well, nothing is new in this world), you'll have a right to sue. Stuff like that actually happened, and quite a lot of times. So companies like to avoid it. One of the methods is to not read pitches or proposals for any projects or series like that from people who are not officially hired by or contracted by the company.

montagemik
05-25-2013, 01:53 AM
I'm writing a little something that I want to pitch to Ubisoft. It's an Original Story, that could possibly tie-in to the Main Story of the Franchise, but I can't think of names for ANY of the Main Characters. I'm very bad at picking names. I really need names for 4 Characters. I will give short descriptions for each Character so it helps.

Finally, The Love-Interest:

She is probably my most Developed Character in my Head in this Series. She deoesn't come in until Later in the Series. Her Family was killed by Templars as well, but A lot more Recently. Around the Same time that The Main Character becomes "The Assassin". She is emotionally scarred by this event, far worse than The Main Character. She completely changes. She goes from a semi-normal girl (with no Assassin Heritage) to a Sad, Mad, Lonely girl out for Revenge. She becomes her own Vigilante Killer, with her only "Friend" She's ever really had (who I won't talk about). Eventually, Her and The Main Character Meet and she does become and Assassin Herself, becoming The Second-Best Assassin, and Second in Command, next to The Assassin Himself. Her Personality and Characteristics are very similar to The Main Character's, almost being a Female Version of him in the end. She has Light Blonde Hair, and a Slim but Fit Body Type, perfect for the Movements of an Assassin. ALSO, I would really like her name to Start with an "A", but I will consider all other names.

So, these are Characters I really need names for. I am hoping to contact Ubisoft with this Series when I get a ways into it, and maybe see it come to life with their help.

Make the Love interest Russian ...................Call her KICKYA BOLOKOV or ANYA BAKYABICH , Give her a wild temper . ;)

ze_topazio
05-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Yes, but I'm not Making a "Fan-Fiction". I am Writing an all new series that will probably tie-in to the Main Story of Assassin's Creed, that I want to work with Ubisoft into Actually Making.

Seriously man, you truly believe that is going to happen?

pacmanate
05-25-2013, 02:02 PM

I had a dream I was a playtester once... :p

itsamea-mario
05-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Just read up on various mythologies and steal names from there. Or use foreign words that sound good, you know like Ezio.

ze_topazio
05-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Ezio is a real name, i know a guy named Ezio.

Bashilir
05-25-2013, 02:38 PM

I swear this is why life today is lame. No one truly has high ambition anymore. Why? People bring them down and basically tell them to go down to the "standard" way of living.

Ratzmoonmopes
05-25-2013, 02:39 PM

I believe I'm going to TRY to MAKE it happen. What I have in my head surprises even myself, and I want to share it with others. I want to actually watch these scenes play out in real life, instead of just in my imagination. I Believe what I have is good, and I want to try to make it happen, somehow.

silvermercy
05-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Try babynames where you can also search by meaning: http://www.babynames.co.uk/

But seriously, companies don't generally accept ideas from the public and freelancers. Especially if they're not copyrighted properly.

itsamea-mario
05-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Ezio is a real name, i know a guy named Ezio.

I know, it's also Greek for Eagle. Lots of names are just things.

ProletariatPleb
05-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Patrick Hernandez.

ze_topazio
05-25-2013, 02:50 PM
I believe I'm going to TRY to MAKE it happen. What I have in my head surprises even myself, and I want to share it with others. I want to actually watch these scenes play out in real life, instead of just in my imagination. I Believe what I have is good, and I want to try to make it happen, somehow.

And i wish you all the luck in the world, however coming here and revealing so many details of the story is definitely not going to help.

Anyway, until that happens, it's called fan-fiction.

TinyTemplar
05-25-2013, 02:53 PM
I swear this is why life today is lame. No one truly has high ambition anymore. Why? People bring them down and basically tell them to go down to the "standard" way of living.

That's not true :)

life today is not lame. And there are lots of people with high ambition. They just have to study a lot before starting to do something.
And nobody does anything really good for free... that's a problem too.

itsamea-mario
05-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Heyyyy maaaaaaaaannn why you gotta put a dude down like that maaaaannn?...
Bad vibes man, bad vibes..

AvK KiNgKoBrA
05-25-2013, 07:34 PM
I say go for it! These days u never no what's gonna happen lol he may end up bein the creative director in AC for Ubi one day for all ii kno ;)

As for the OP the Main should have a dark reference to it an the Love-intrest should be something light an joyful (i.e. Shadow an Maria)

i WiLL aM
05-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Anything's possible, you've just got to want it enough to make it happen.

Call her KICKYA BOLOKOV
Haha, made me chuckle after I read it aloud ;)

itsamea-mario
05-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Anything's possible, you've just got to want it enough to make it happen.

Staple water to a tree!
Slam a revolving door!!
THREAD A ******* WHOLE CAMEL THROUGH THE EYE OF A GOD DAMNED NEEDLE!!!!!