PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 Sli Fix!!!!!

Masterwork--
05-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Alright, so while messing with the games XML settings i managed to fix the sli crash that occurs after a multiplayer match. You will also receive a big boost in frame rate. It seems there's something within the settings that causes the crash... it worked for me so i hope you guys are as lucky.

replace your file with this one. should be placed in documents>mygames>farcry3. DONT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR FILE.

http://rapidshare.com/files/3084212542/GamerProfile.xml

Butcherbird59
05-25-2013, 01:20 AM
Graphics quality will look awful with this "fix" if you're used to play on ultra

Masterwork--
05-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Graphics quality will look awful with this "fix" if you're used to play on ultra

U can max them out again after u boot up the game... simple...

BWX232
05-27-2013, 03:45 AM
U can max them out again after u boot up the game... simple...

So wouldn't the crash come back then? I'm going to be running SLI for the first time ever for me in a couple days.. even though I have never played MP in FC3, it is still interesting to me why setting everything to low and DX9 in the xml, then changing it back in game would fix the SLI crash.

Masterwork--
05-28-2013, 04:05 AM
So wouldn't the crash come back then? I'm going to be running SLI for the first time ever for me in a couple days.. even though I have never played MP in FC3, it is still interesting to me why setting everything to low and DX9 in the xml, then changing it back in game would fix the SLI crash.

What where your results? let me know.

BWX232
05-28-2013, 07:08 PM
What where your results? let me know.
I don't play FC3 MP.

Just wondering if the crash comes back if you set all ingame settings back to ultra DX11 (which requires a restart doesn't it?)

So you cannot simply set all of the GFX settings back up "in game".. Especially the ones that require a restart. Still though, if the SLI crash does not come back, it would be interesting.

Masterwork--
05-29-2013, 12:19 AM
I don't play FC3 MP.

Just wondering if the crash comes back if you set all ingame settings back to ultra DX11 (which requires a restart doesn't it?)

So you cannot simply set all of the GFX settings back up "in game".. Especially the ones that require a restart. Still though, if the SLI crash does not come back, it would be interesting.

The game doesn't crash, but when u close the game the settings revert back to the custom XML.

BWX232
05-29-2013, 12:56 AM
The game doesn't crash, but when u close the game the settings revert back to the custom XML.

Ok, so then you are not running DX11 then correct? I mean even when you revert back to higher settings after game starts, since I think that requires a restart.

The reason I ask is because maybe someone can figure out a permanent fix by narrowing down which setting exactly causes the SLI MP crash.

andressergio
06-16-2013, 01:28 AM
Alright, so while messing with the games XML settings i managed to fix the sli crash that occurs after a multiplayer match. You will also receive a big boost in frame rate. It seems there's something within the settings that causes the crash... it worked for me so i hope you guys are as lucky.

replace your file with this one. should be placed in documents>mygames>farcry3. DONT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR FILE.

http://rapidshare.com/files/3084212542/GamerProfile.xml

thanks Cavatio can u explain what u fixed ? cauz i see that you lowered a lot of settings and when ppl ask you about quality u said that u can put them on ultra again

whats the parameter that MAKES the difference and make the game crash ?

Thanks
Sergio

GFE-Dutch
07-30-2013, 11:58 PM
I have a GTX590 and in MP I get gamecrash after every game. If I switch of one of the GPU's, it works fine.
Now I changed DX11 into DX9. It still crashes sometimes, but not always... Single player and co op always work fine, even with DX11 and SLI.
Problem only shows up after multi player match... Weird. Wy can't there be a fix. Don't blame it on Geforce or ATI please.

SickZ06
06-21-2014, 04:22 AM
Why would you not explain what fixed the SLI issue? I'm not downloading a file to fix it. I ****ing hate Ubisoft man.