PDA

View Full Version : User Generated Content And New Game Plus

projectpat06
05-24-2013, 08:07 AM
With Assassin's Creed 4 supposedly having a huge seamless explorable open world, I was thinking that two things (besides random events and side quests) that would really enhance the replay-ability of the game would be to include user generated content and a new game plus feature.

New game plus was a feature the devs of AC3 wanted to include but didn't. There have a been a few times I've wished I had both pistols, all outfits, etc that I had unlocked in a previous playthrough in my new playthrough right at the beginning (or at least when connor becomes an assassin). It's also a chance to make the game more difficult for players who want a challenge by including tougher foes at greater amounts. I'm still wanting the same feature for AC4 so we can play the game right from the start with all of Edward's weapons, upgrades, outfits, and ship upgrades. This way we can play the open world over again with everything and tackle things differently. They can also add tougher enemy ships to the variety in areas that were easier than the first playthrough.

In terms of user generated content or UGC, I've never thought Assassin's Creed needed it, but now that we have an open ocean plus three cities to explore, how cool would it be for the players to get a chance to do some of the creating. I'm sure it would be limited, but once we beat the game, we are given the option to turn the UGC on and walla, we have a bunch of side content to keep us busy. People can create sea battles, treasures to find, targets to assassinate, forts to capture?, etc.

What do you think? Would you want UGC or a new game plus option? If you wanted UGC, what options or types of quests would you want to design?

ProletariatPleb
05-24-2013, 08:13 AM
I'm all for moddingm mod, user content and NG+, but Ubi won't do it. They've kept their engine locked since AC1 and I don't see any chances of them opening it up soon.

Farlander1991
05-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Don't care about New Game+, but if it would be possible to properly mod AC (non-graphics wise, that is) without having to learn advanced programming (I'm adept at programming, but not on such levels) to decompile the game's code and change things in there and then compile it back again so the game would properly read it... I would so mod the hell out of each AC game....

Assassin_M
05-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Whoever says no to both is a potato

roostersrule2
05-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Whoever says no to both is a potatoMy one chance to be a potato ruined.

Assassin_M
05-24-2013, 10:34 AM
My one chance to be a potato ruined.
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/7083/1188941687383xf0.gif

projectpat06
05-24-2013, 10:36 AM
M, i want to hear your ideas

pacmanate
05-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Ha, UGC for AC. For a minute I thought I was on the SuckerPunch forums.

Yeah, not happening.

New Games +? Easy to implement I think, just depends if they will do it. Probably won't, they didn't for AC3/

ProletariatPleb
05-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Ha, UGC for AC. For a minute I thought I was on the SuckerPunch forums.
New Games +? Easy to implement I think, just depends if they will do it. Probably won't, they didn't for AC3/
What's suckerpunch got to do with ugc?

pacmanate
05-24-2013, 11:42 AM
What's suckerpunch got to do with ugc?

For inFamous 2 they introduced UGC which was pretty awesome imo, just people making fights, crazy platforming levels with cutscenes and stuff. It was amazing :p + I am a regular on both boards now so.

montagemik
05-24-2013, 12:26 PM
What do you think? Would you want UGC or a new game plus option? If you wanted UGC, what options or types of quests would you want to design?

User Generated content & Game plus ................. Do you mean content Like Assassination missions , Anihilation combat missions , treasure retrieving infiltration missions ............
All included in a Stealthy Assassin game , involving pirates , shark fighting & search for a legendary Sword ..........????

Yeah - I Say WHY NOT !?! Can only improve the replayability further .....................

PS1 managed to include all of that in TENCHU 2 with it's mission / level editor .Create a level / buildings / NPC's / enemy types / patrol routes/ environmental traps & dangers...........
We could even create Modern day Office building setting scenario based in a 20th century 'Tenchu Corporation' up against modern security guards with pistols ( just like desmond in Abstergo AC3 ) .
All these missions could be created / saved to memory cards & swapped between friends to challenge each other.

AC already has 'most' of early Tenchu's features added .
(i'm still waiting for X-ray view for specific assinations - introduced as a digital animus overlay at some point in AC, I really don't mind the AC series replicating most of Tenchu's features ..........Tenchu was a great Assassin game for it's generation.)

And being controlled by Abstergo this time around or perhaps from now onwards - Manipulation of already synced Ancestors memories , would even be plausible within the AC plotline .

dxsxhxcx
05-24-2013, 01:55 PM
CD Projekt RED recently released a tool with which you're able to use in game assets to create custom content for The Witcher 2, it would be cool if Ubisoft did the same with AC (and maybe Watch Dogs) but I doubt it'll happen, (for AC) they barely have time to work in proper side missions in one year...

SixKeys
05-24-2013, 02:34 PM
UGC would be great for AC, even though it'll never happen. NG+ wouldn't work as so much of the story is centered around obtaining a particular item or upgrade (like getting Leonardo to develop the double hidden blade or completing Homestead missions for Achilles' outfit). If you had all that stuff from the beginning on your second playthrough, the game would become even easier and nobody wants that.

Sushiglutton
05-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Agree with both. NG+ is not that important though to be honest. I mean typically in AC you get all abilities pretty early anyways. If the missions are open and possible to complete in a variety of ways NG+ won't be needed to keep it fresh (that is a big IF though). I enjoyed it in Arkham City, but I'm not sure if it made a big enough difference to be worth it.

UGC (nice to learn new abbrevations) could be fantastic, but I don't see it happening as it messes with DLC and could lead to people enjoying the game for over a year... But I think it could lead to some amazing missions, much better than anything in the campaign.

theeric666
05-24-2013, 03:11 PM
I would love both but i cant imagine they'd ever feature UGC in the game. New game plus seems more possible but i dunno how it would work because the games are sequence based so far.
I loved New game plus in Arkham City so if they could make it work in Assassin's creed..... then i'd be a happy camper :)

GreySkellig
05-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Both seem like good ideas, but I'm betting on NG+ over UGC. Ubi keeps a pretty tight rein on their products. I can definitely see the case against NG+, in that it would obviate the need for some side missions, but I would still enjoy it. In AC3, for instance, you can't max out your recruits for a good portion of the game, since you can't go to NY. Likewise, it would be fun to go back and replay naval missions with the Aquila maxed out.

Certainly, at the very least, NG+ could bring a difficulty spike. Hell, maybe even throw back the combat for NG+ to the old AC1 & AC2 style.

projectpat06
05-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Both seem like good ideas, but I'm betting on NG+ over UGC. Ubi keeps a pretty tight rein on their products. I can definitely see the case against NG+, in that it would obviate the need for some side missions, but I would still enjoy it. In AC3, for instance, you can't max out your recruits for a good portion of the game, since you can't go to NY. Likewise, it would be fun to go back and replay naval missions with the Aquila maxed out.

Certainly, at the very least, NG+ could bring a difficulty spike. Hell, maybe even throw back the combat for NG+ to the old AC1 & AC2 style.

But if AC3 had New Game +, we could have had all the recruits from the very beginning and used them for all the sides missions allowing to do them differently. We would still go through the cutscenes of recruiting them but NG+ is strictly there for fun rather than sticking to chronological order of acquiring things. Arkham City did this where we had all the gadgets at the beginning of the New game + and still did the cutscenes like we never had them.

GreySkellig
05-24-2013, 04:05 PM
But if AC3 had New Game +, we could have had all the recruits from the very beginning and used them for all the sides missions allowing to do them differently. We would still go through the cutscenes of recruiting them but NG+ is strictly there for fun rather than sticking to chronological order of acquiring things. Arkham City did this where we had all the gadgets at the beginning of the New game + and still did the cutscenes like we never had them.

This is kinda how I imagine it would work.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
05-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Whoever says no to both is a potato

I voted no but im gonna be Pie instead of a potato……… C(' 'C) kirby agrees