PDA

View Full Version : Which will cost more, The Xbox One or the PS4?

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Says it all really. Something tells me that the PS4 will be cheaper than the X1. Mainly because Kinect is bundled with every X1, that thing is EXPENSIVE.

Zavvi have the X1 at 399, what do you think the PS4 will be? Do you think it will be the same because of the better specs, or a lower price due to not being packaged with a 150+ device?

projectpat06
05-22-2013, 09:27 PM
In the long run, Xbox will def cost more with all the extra costs you pay after you buy the console.

PS4 may be more expensive initially, but you may be right about the added cost of the kinect. I still don't understand how the Kinect improves gaming in terms of big titles so to me it's a waste. The PS4 actually has new features like the touch pad and share button that is focused to enhance gaming.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Kind of what projectpat touched on..
I expect Xbox one to have much lower base prices than PS4 will have, but those low base prices will come with a mandatory 1 to 2 year subscription to xbox live, or any of microsoft's other partners
And even if you buy the full package xbox that is subscription free, you still have to buy xbox live to do anything online and use all of the cool aps they showed off..so in the long run, though i expect the ps4 to be a good $50 to $100 more at launch...it will cost more to keep xbox going...then again i could be completely wrong and they share a price range or xbox goes a few dollar more..but i doubt it

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Says it all really. Something tells me that the PS4 will be cheaper than the X1. Mainly because Kinect is bundled with every X1, that thing is EXPENSIVE.

Zavvi have the X1 at 399, what do you think the PS4 will be? Do you think it will be the same because of the better specs, or a lower price due to not being packaged with a 150+ device?
I think the extra cost of GDDR5 memory and the 1.8 teraflop GPU - will cancel out the cost of the Kinect tbh..

I think sid posted a leak of the PS4 price from the sony site.. at 399 euro - so about the same?

Expect 400 for both - anything cheaper is a bonus - have a pizza!

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 09:52 PM
I think the extra cost of GDDR5 memory and the 1.8 teraflop GPU - will cancel out the cost of the Kinect tbh..

I think sid posted a leak of the PS4 price from the sony site.. at 399 euro - so about the same?

Expect 400 for both - anything cheaper is a bonus - have a pizza!

Yeah it could cancel out... 400 euros is 340, if they put it up to 400 and add 60 I will be pissed. Sony have come out and said that they want the price to be more appealing. I am hoping for 350... 400 is a lot of money.

montagemik
05-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Yeah it could cancel out... 400 euros is 340, if they put it up to 400 and add 60 I will be pissed. Sony have come out and said that they want the price to be more appealing. I am hoping for 350... 400 is a lot of money.

Similar to PS3 Launchday pricing ............ & more advanced . ( extra controllers / games / cables /Headset - I spent way more than 400 on PS3 day )

Like Shade said they're not unreasonable price ranges for the tech involved.

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Wouldn't be the first time Euro = same in pounds though..

Budget for it, any extra - spend on games ;) [or game] [or a bag of sweets.. LOL]

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Wouldn't be the first time Euro = same in pounds though..

Budget for it, any extra - spend on games ;) [or game] [or a bag of sweets.. LOL]

Isn't it retailers who sent the cost in Europe though?

Soulid_Snake
05-22-2013, 10:50 PM
I think they're gonna be around the same price. Sony said they're gonna sell at a loss, but not as much as before. Like Shade said expect to be around 400, which is why I won't be buying the PS3 for a while, plus they'll inevitably release a better model few years down the line. They'll gradually lower the cost as they start to make the money back,.

montagemik
05-22-2013, 11:00 PM
I think they're gonna be around the same price. Sony said they're gonna sell at a loss, but not as much as before. Like Shade said expect to be around 400, which is why I won't be buying the PS3 for a while, plus they'll inevitably release a better model few years down the line. They'll gradually lower the cost as they start to make the money back,.

Please define ' Better model ' for Sony consoles .

My launch day 60gb PS3 lasted 5 years - I 've had 2 PS3 320gb Slim completely fail since ............
Similar experience with PS2 also ...........Slim broke down much sooner .

Cheaper to manufacture /Sell doesn't equal 'Better' in my experience .

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 11:01 PM

My launch day 60gb PS3 lasted 5 years - I 've had 2 PS3 320gb Slim completely fail since ............

Means better for them, its cheaper.

Mr_Shade
05-22-2013, 11:09 PM

Indeed - I hated losing my launch PS3 - I lost being able to play PS2 games!

newer models = made cheaper, so they cut corners sometimes..

The new PS3's are horrid... manual sliding plastic lids? ugh..

So got the slightly older matt finish one - and now looking for a PS2.. LOL

montagemik
05-22-2013, 11:17 PM

LOL , I know what you mean - If they make the 'Super Slim PS3' any cheaper .............They may as well make it a prize in Christmas Crackers .......... Tacky doesn't quite cover it.
The console is louder than the tv .

Bastiaen
05-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Sony will do the same thing they did last gen: screw themselves. They will overprice the ps4 so much that they will lose a lot of sales. I'm not some xbox fan boy that will say that xbox is better, because the truth is that it is not, but sony needs to remain competitive if it wants to stay in the game.
Rumors I've seen (sorry, been a while, no source)
PS4:
$699 Base Model
$899 Better model

X1:
$499 Base Price
$299 for console w/ 2 year XBL subscription (gonna get xbl anyway, so why not?)

Why would I pay triple price for what is now virtually the same hardware?

I doubt that Sony would do this to themselves, but after what happened with the ps3, who knows?

DarthEzio55
05-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Sony will do the same thing they did last gen: screw themselves. They will overprice the ps4 so much that they will lose a lot of sales. I'm not some xbox fan boy that will say that xbox is better, because the truth is that it is not, but sony needs to remain competitive if it wants to stay in the game.
PS4:
$699 Base Model
$899 Better model

X1:
$499 Base Price
$299 w/ 2 year XBL subscription (gonna get xbl anyway, so why not?)

LOL! I really don't think that Sony is going to charge $900 for the ps4 especially after the disastrous launch of the Ps3.
I think they learned from their mistakes, and their most likely going to keep it in the $400 to mid $500 range, in order to compete with Xbone.

montagemik
05-24-2013, 06:02 PM
PS4:
$699 Base Model
$899 Better model

X1:
$499 Base Price
$299 w/ 2 year XBL subscription (gonna get xbl anyway, so why not?)

Is that X-Box 1 $499 Base price ,,,,,,,,,Or Base model price ??

& Ouch - almost $300 just for 2 years online connection ..........ignoring your existing Internet provider fees & ignoring extra online costs if you want the console longer than 2 years Live subscription covers ......................... It's hardly a Bargain offer .

STDlyMcStudpants
05-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Yes, its been confirmed ps4 will only be about $399 for its lower end and id say $499 for the higher end (more memory)
But then by mid 2015 with will have ps4s with 4 times more memory for half the price LOL

jayjay275
05-24-2013, 07:00 PM

So got the slightly older matt finish one - and now looking for a PS2.. LOL

I have a super slim, and personally I think they look really nice. :P

Bastiaen
05-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Is that X-Box 1 $499 Base price ,,,,,,,,,Or Base model price ??

& Ouch - almost $300 just for 2 years online connection ..........ignoring your existing Internet provider fees & ignoring extra online costs if you want the console longer than 2 years Live subscription covers ......................... It's hardly a Bargain offer .

You save $200 off the base price which is subsidized into your XBL commitment. In the end, you pay about $540 total, but I would be getting XBL anyway, so I'm saving lots of money. Definitely a bargain, if it holds true.

jayjay275
05-24-2013, 07:05 PM
PS4:
$699 Base Model
$899 Better model

X1:
$499 Base Price
$299 for console w/ 2 year XBL subscription (gonna get xbl anyway, so why not?)

I doubt that Sony would do this to themselves, but after what happened with the ps3, who knows?

$699 seems too much, but legitimate, but Sony said they'd be selling them at a loss this time. ;)

pacmanate
05-24-2013, 08:13 PM
LOL where the hell did you see those prices. Sony have stated many times they want it cheaper than the PS3 was at launch.

TheLeoCrow
05-24-2013, 08:34 PM
I suspect PS4 will probably cost a bit more but it will offer free internet access, while the xbox may be a bit cheaper but intends on gaining from live sales

JamJar502
05-29-2013, 10:29 PM
I think both will be roughly the same, but ideally they need to be under 450, as you can build a similar spec PC with that money.