PDA

View Full Version : Confused by versions of AC3?

drharshman
05-22-2013, 04:30 AM
I haven't played AC3 yet and was thinking of picking it up. I noticed that Amazon has it for $29.99 now. However, I noticed on PSN they have both a Gold Edition and Ultimate edition available. They have the Ultimate edition on sale for $50.39 this week. What exactly is the difference between the Gold edition and the Ultimate edition?

It seems to me that Gold includes Season Pass and that Ultimate includes specific DLC (Benedict Arnold, Hidden Secrets, Battle Hardened and Tyranny trilogy)? Is that correct? If so, it seems Ultimate is a much better value unless there is more DLC coming that would be included with the season pass for gold? I am presuming the season pass includes all of the above DLC?

Just wondering how to get the most bang for my buck?

montagemik
05-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Yep - The season pass inludes All DLC you listed ..................Benedict missions / hidden secrets / battle hardened pack / T.O.K.W trilogy.

Benedict missions Hidden secrets = All pre-order single player missions & outfits
Battle hardened Multiplayer pack = 3 new characters (& 3 new maps hardly anyone plays these segragated maps at all )

your choice .

MasterAssasin84
05-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Not forgetting alledgedly there is a Washington Edition rumored to be hitting the shelves which is said to be containing all the extra content.

pacmanate
05-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Never buy anything off the store, its over priced.

SixKeys
05-22-2013, 12:32 PM
IMO only the Benedict Arnold and King Washington DLCs are worthwhile. The others just give you one or two short extra missions and outfits. You might be better off buying the $29.99 edition and buying the Benedict Arnold and Washington DLCs separately.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-22-2013, 06:34 PM
IMO only the Benedict Arnold and King Washington DLCs are worthwhile. The others just give you one or two short extra missions and outfits. You might be better off buying the $29.99 edition and buying the Benedict Arnold and Washington DLCs separately.

Quick math tells you thats about $70 lol....
Go gold if it comes with a season pass...man...idk why but these deals kind of infuriate me as a guy that pre orders...
pre orders should come with a season pass... -_-

SixKeys
05-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Quick math tells you thats about $70 lol....
Go gold if it comes with a season pass...man...idk why but these deals kind of infuriate me as a guy that pre orders...
pre orders should come with a season pass... -_-

I was thinking he could buy the first episode of King Washington and see if he liked it before buying them all. But yeah, if you want all 3 eps at once, it's about $30.

drharshman
05-23-2013, 03:17 AM
The Gold seems overpriced if you can get the season pass for $29.99 still.....