PDA

View Full Version : Blood Dragon UPlay rewards (PC)

KarlWoods
05-21-2013, 04:39 PM
So... I have enough points to download some of the tracks given as UPlay rewards. I can redeem them fine, but when I try to d/l them, it just opens and plays the track in my browser (tried FF and IE).

Anyone else getting this? Is there a way around this that doesn't involve me buying Quick Time Pro? Because I'm not going to do that.

flamey90
05-21-2013, 07:23 PM
I've just tried this with Katana song and when i clicked download, it opened my browser (FF) and downloaded the mp3 file.

What i have found out though is you have to, at least temporary anyway, disable Quicktime in your browser and then it will ask what you want to do with the file.

i.e. in FireFox, goto tools,addons, plugins and disable Quicktime there.
Then click download in Uplay and hopefully it should download it and not try and stream it.

UbiVolfbane
05-22-2013, 01:28 AM
You should be able to download the songs when selecting download. Please try the suggested steps flamey provided to see if you continue to have any problems. Also, if the problem continues please submit a ticket to Support.

Komod0Dragon
11-15-2013, 09:51 AM
I have this exact same problem but there is no QT installed on this computer nor is there an add-on for it Firefox. All it does is let me open up a VLC player to play the song and then that's it. I'm sorry but they are too awesome to not put on a loop!! How in the world can I get it to ask me to download rather than it just opening a new window and automatically playing?

Jorj_x
01-21-2014, 05:34 AM
This worked for me a moment ago:
- I clicked on redeem for katana and uplay opened up chrome (my default browser) with a black screen and audio controls and started to play it
- I paused the music with the controls and then right-clicked in the black space and chose the "save as" option from the context-menu that came up
- a save dialog then opened asking where to save katana.mp3 -
done :)