PDA

View Full Version : The Wounded Eagle And The Wary Traveller

MasterAssasin84
05-21-2013, 12:12 PM
I suppose in many ways this is my tribute to Assassins Creed Revelations ......

From a story point of view i could not think of a better way to end the Ezio Auditore saga and not forgetting Altair making an appearence which was the icing on the cake IMO.

Two Asassins one destiny ! it was like the emotional connection between Ezio and Altair which reading between the lines when a man has one his battles he will seek answers to his place in this war. for me it was a priceless moment when Ezio stood before the Ancient Castle of Masyaf not forseeing that a band of hostile Templars had occupied it. the sheer fact that the Byzantine Templars had not forseen Ezio the Master Assassin would make his presence felt which in my eyes Revelations was one of the most Epic opening sequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsJdFVMpsE4

Then there was Ezio's arrival in Constantinople ! it was this moment when i thought to myself this Man is truly an admiral Warrior and fighter...

Quote " when i first started out on this Journey violence seemed so far from my mind " ( Ezio Auditore Contsantinople )

http://www.g-forums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=594&d=1309748034

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110506150427/assassinscreed/images/7/73/Constantinoplepic.png

Every time i pick Revelations and play through the game the Atmosphere of the hustle and bustle of the Rennaisance Metropolis that is Constantinople the Back ground music
track aptly titled Istanbul..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s5LZZ3KYaE

I could not think of a better way to End Ezio's story in what will IMO go down as one of his greatest adventures as throughout his travells he toucjed the borderline of death on more than one occasion and survied to tell the Tale.

Mr_Shade
05-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Well said :)

catkiller97
05-21-2013, 12:41 PM
I think ACR is the best game of Ezio trilogy :)

i rarely liked the game narrative.

MasterAssasin84
05-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Well said :)

I absolutely loved ACR IMO opinion it was Ezio at his best ! and i think it Ezio's older and wiser character was perfectly portrayed !

Mr_Shade
05-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Indeed.

as you say the cutscenes where very well done ;)

pacmanate
05-21-2013, 01:31 PM
I thought it was good (Starting to like it now), but it could have been better if it was longer.

x___Luffy___x
05-21-2013, 01:40 PM
good job man :D

MasterAssasin84
05-21-2013, 02:35 PM
good job man :D

Thanks :) just though i would put my thoughts to the keyboard so to speak !

@Shade the cutscenes in Revelations was stunning and very well thought out especialy the part when Ezio visualised Altair moving through the Byzantine Templars, i percieved this as his Altairs spirit reaching out to Ezio as a Dark hour was approaching.

http://www.randomprodinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/AC-R-Analysis-2.png

Sushiglutton
05-21-2013, 03:34 PM
I think the love story between Ezio and Sofia was nicely done as well. A more mature romance than Ezio's eariler escapades. AC:R had a lot of beautiful ideas and some om them executed nicely. The ending was one of the most emotional episodes in the franchise for sure. People who write off Ezio as a simple playboy obv never played Revelations.

There were some decissions around what gameplay elements to repeat from earlier games and what to add, that I thought were horrible, but I won't soil this nice thread with them :).

MasterAssasin84
05-21-2013, 04:07 PM
I think the love story between Ezio and Sofia was nicely done as well. A more mature romance than Ezio's eariler escapades. AC:R had a lot of beautiful ideas and some om them executed nicely. The ending was one of the most emotional episodes in the franchise for sure. People who write off Ezio as a simple playboy obv never played Revelations.

There were some decissions around what gameplay elements to repeat from earlier games and what to add, that I thought were horrible, but I won't soil this nice thread with them :).

Personaly I really liked the gameplay element but as you say lets not ruin the thread :) I just thought the storyline was amazing and the location visuals like Constantinople at dusk was stunning , I thought Ezio's character was executed from the perspective that it reflects the older wiser and deadlier character description . I have been to Istanbul and I loved the fact that ubi captured the architecture as it was intended but this is by far Ezio's finest years .

Sushiglutton
05-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Personaly I really liked the gameplay element but as you say lets not ruin the thread :) I just thought the storyline was amazing and the location visuals like Constantinople at dusk was stunning , I thought Ezio's character was executed from the perspective that it reflects the older wiser and deadlier character description . I have been to Istanbul and I loved the fact that ubi captured the architecture as it was intended but this is by far Ezio's finest years .

The color palette was fantastic, it was one of the most beautiful cities in a game ever, no doubt.

Assassin_M
05-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Best ac in the ezio trilogy. Well said. Never really understood the hate it got.