PDA

View Full Version : Pivots question

Nevofix
05-20-2013, 04:39 PM
How do the pivots work?

UbiVolfbane
05-21-2013, 01:32 AM
Here are some FAQs regarding Pivots I was able to locate for you;

Do I need to connect online to find Pivots?

A. You can go through the introduction offline to get a sense of what it’s all about, but to find the first Pivot you will require an online connection. The game will tell what to do from there.

When can I access the Minigame?

A. Once you complete Assassin’s Creed III, the tutorial will appear on your map, and you are given three pivots: Tau, Zeta and Rho.

NOTE: This Animus Synching game is connected to your console profile and becomes available upon completion of the single player story mode. If you begin a new game with the same profile, the synching game entry will appear in the main map menu

How can I find the actual Pivots?

A. Planting 3 Pivots that you have collected allows you to triangulate the position of new Pivots. You can remove then at any time by hovering over its Icon on the map and press A (Xbox 360)/X (PS3), but you can only plant a Pivot at current Connor’s position on the map.

The search area for Pivots will be highlighted in green once 3 Pivots are in place to triangulate a search area. Once you reduce the green area down to a searchable region, you can then comb the area until the Pivot icon appears on the mini-map.

When will new Pivots appear?

A. Pivots only appear one at a time with a spawn time of once every 15 minutes while in game. Note that the timer is only running while in the Animus with the exception of the Pivots info screen which will display the countdown clock for a new Pivot.

Anyone in your friends list that has collected a Pivot reduces the spawning timer by 20%. This means that if none of your friends has collected a Pivot, then 1 second in the game equals 1 second of spawning time, 1 qualifying friend means that 1 second of game time now equals 1.2 seconds of spawning time. Five valid friends means that the spawning time in now halved.

How does the game decide where to place Pivots?

A. Pivots are randomly assigned to you, one at a time, and have been placed by other players. This means that Pivots you place will be assigned to other players. Other players may place them in hard to reach locations or hidden spots, so you may have to do some real searching. If one of your assigned Pivots is collected by another player, then its position will change, so don’t worry; you are not losing the Pivot, simply its location.

Are there any rewards for collecting Pivots?

A. Pivots give you access to Animus Hacks that can be activate from the Options menu. Note that game progression is not saved while hacks are active.

If possible I would suggest try searching online for video tutorials as well.

Nevofix
05-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Thank you. This has been eye opening for me.

Sugar-Serpent
05-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Thank you, Volfbane, for your contribution. I feel a lot less confused now!