PDA

View Full Version : AC3 to AC4 Update? (AC3 spoilers)

tjbyrum1
05-18-2013, 02:41 AM
I have been ignoring AC since I beat AC3 about a week after I bought it brand new. But I just beat it again and after seeing the mind-**** of an ending once more, it led me to question it.

Now I've always assumed AC was a trilogy and always expected a modern-day AC game featuring Desmond as AC3. I figured AC3 would bring closure to the entire series, and was sort of annoyed with the announcement of AC4, so much in fact that I had no interest in it whatsoever (in the past, I go completely crazy over new AC games).

Anyway, so did Desmond die? What about Minerva? Where is Juno? What happened to Earth? What happens after the events of AC3?

And AC4, is their a modern-day counterpart character? If so, who is it? Is it before or after AC3 events? Will it bring closure to the aftermath of AC3?

I know Ubi is pretty tight-lipped when it comes to the modern-day parts of the game, but tell me what we know.

SixKeys
05-18-2013, 02:51 AM
Anyway, so did Desmond die? What about Minerva? Where is Juno? What happened to Earth? What happens after the events of AC3?

And AC4, is their a modern-day counterpart character? If so, who is it? Is it before or after AC3 events? Will it bring closure to the aftermath of AC3?

I know Ubi is pretty tight-lipped when it comes to the modern-day parts of the game, but tell me what we know.

1. Yes, Desmond is dead.

2. Minerva has been dead ever since the end of the First Civ. What we see of her is apparently some kind of intelligent hologram communicating from the past through pre-recorded messages (because she could see the future), although it beats me how a hologram can argue back and answer questions in real-time like we saw her do at the end of AC3.

3. We don't know about Juno yet.

4. The Earth was saved from the solar flare by Desmond. Now all we have to worry about is a crazy alien overlord who wants to enslave us all. Thanks, Desmond.

5. We don't know what happens after AC3. That's kind of the point of yearly releases.

6. The modern-day character in AC4 will be you, the player. They will probably be first-person sections. You're an employee at Abstergo whose job is to research assassin ancestors (accessed via the Cloud). We can assume the story continues from where AC3 left off, so in 2013, but we don't know if we'll be seeing any of the old characters from Desmond's saga (Shaun, Rebecca, William).

tjbyrum1
05-18-2013, 02:56 AM
1. Yes, Desmond is dead.

2. Minerva has been dead ever since the end of the First Civ. What we see of her is apparently some kind of intelligent hologram communicating from the past through pre-recorded messages (because she could see the future), although it beats me how a hologram can argue back and answer questions in real-time like we saw her do at the end of AC3.

3. We don't know about Juno yet.

4. The Earth was saved from the solar flare by Desmond. Now all we have to worry about is a crazy alien overlord who wants to enslave us all. Thanks, Desmond.

5. We don't know what happens after AC3. That's kind of the point of yearly releases.

6. The modern-day character in AC4 will be you, the player. They will probably be first-person sections. You're an employee at Abstergo whose job is to research assassin ancestors (accessed via the Cloud). We can assume the story continues from where AC3 left off, so in 2013, but we don't know if we'll be seeing any of the old characters from Desmond's saga (Shaun, Rebecca, William).

So that's it...? No more Desmond? I just read that his Hidden Blade and bag was left in the Temple. Is that foreshadowing you think? I had hoped we'd get more from Desmond. :(

So Earth was saved and now Juno is... doing whatever she was planning to do. Got it.

We're playing as a Templar!? I don't know if I'll like that.

Also, I know a lot of the info I asked probably hasn't really been revealed, and I know most of it is saved to find out in the game, but AC always has these weird puzzles and brain twisters or whatever, and I figured some of you guys have figured some stuff out.

I-Like-Pie45
05-18-2013, 03:16 AM
whats so bad about being a templar

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 03:20 AM
So that's it...? No more Desmond? I just read that his Hidden Blade and bag was left in the Temple. Is that foreshadowing you think? I had hoped we'd get more from Desmond. :(

So Earth was saved and now Juno is... doing whatever she was planning to do. Got it.

Also, I know a lot of the info I asked probably hasn't really been revealed, and I know most of it is saved to find out in the game, but AC always has these weird puzzles and brain twisters or whatever, and I figured some of you guys have figured some stuff out.
We're not necessarily Templars, just abstergo employees and many of them are not Templars and have no knowledge neither about the Templars nor assassins, but I Assume there,ll be a lot of erudito and hacking, also abstergo has Desmond's body :|

SixKeys
05-18-2013, 03:22 AM

Desmond is definitely dead, confirmed by the devs. There's a picture released a while back that showed Abstergo employees dragging Desmond away in a body bag and his hidden blade lay broken on the Temple floor. The broken blade was most likely symbolic (and also to clarify who was in the bag), not foreshadowing that he might still be alive.

Not necessarily as a Templar. Most people who work at Abstergo are just everyday Joes who have no idea about the true nature of the company. The plot of AC4 is that we start out working at Abstergo's entertainment division and slowly begin to uncover that the company has a pretty shady past.

Most of the stuff you asked has been revealed in various interviews with the devs and preview articles about AC4. The only thing we don't know anything about at the moment is Juno and how she will fit into the story from here on out.

As for the puzzles and brain twisters, sadly those seem to be mostly a thing of the past, at least if AC3 was any indication. I love the puzzles myself but the devs seem really eager to drop all the mysteries and just go for straightforward action instead.

tjbyrum1
05-18-2013, 03:27 AM
Come on guys, you know AC went all to **** after AC2.

I mean we had a great character, Desmond, who just got his new motorcycle license. Not to mention Lucy Stillman and the chemistry between the two characters.

You guys can deny it all you want, but I'm telling you AC was meant to be entirely different, and NOTHING like it turned out.

AC3 was going to be a mainly Desmond game, with little to no historic gameplay. Lucy was suppose to be an Assassin all long, and never once was meant to be a Templar. The fact that Desmond got his motorcycle license clearly screamed "Desmond will have a motorcycle in AC3!!!" And more.

I got nothing more to back me up, but I can spot these kind of things and I know it for sure. But instead, Ubisoft decided to scrap the original idea of AC3 and started to focus on that 'history is our playground' hogwash. They decided from some point that AC was always going to be set in the history, and only very rarely in the modern-day. They destroyed Lucy Stillman and made up some excuse to take her out of the game: "Oh, well she was actually just a Templar anyway, so...", even though she was (born?) an assassin. And that 'Lucy was blue cause Desmond THOUGHT she was an ally" was also hogwash. Before that, Eagle Vision didn't work like that. They only changed it up to make it make sense.

Say what you want, but I was VERY disappointed with the path they took with the franchise.

To answer your question, I just want that AC game that was always mean to be: a modern-day stealth game with Desmond and his motorcycle.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 03:37 AM
Come on guys, you know AC went all to **** after AC2.

I mean we had a great character, Desmond, who just got his new motorcycle license. Not to mention Lucy Stillman and the chemistry between the two characters.

You guys can deny it all you want, but I'm telling you AC was meant to be entirely different, and NOTHING like it turned out.

AC3 was going to be a mainly Desmond game, with little to no historic gameplay. Lucy was suppose to be an Assassin all long, and never once was meant to be a Templar. The fact that Desmond got his motorcycle license clearly screamed "Desmond will have a motorcycle in AC3!!!" And more.

I got nothing more to back me up, but I can spot these kind of things and I know it for sure. But instead, Ubisoft decided to scrap the original idea of AC3 and started to focus on that 'history is our playground' hogwash. They decided from some point that AC was always going to be set in the history, and only very rarely in the modern-day. They destroyed Lucy Stillman and made up some excuse to take her out of the game: "Oh, well she was actually just a Templar anyway, so...", even though she was (born?) an assassin. And that 'Lucy was blue cause Desmond THOUGHT she was an ally" was also hogwash. Before that, Eagle Vision didn't work like that. They only changed it up to make it make sense.

Say what you want, but I was VERY disappointed with the path they took with the franchise.

To answer your question, I just want that AC game that was always mean to be: a modern-day stealth game with Desmond and his motorcycle.
You`v ended all hope of anyone taking you seriously.....at least I wont..for now...i`ll just be laughing my a out at your coming posts

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 03:41 AM
EDIT: listen to this, but you`ll probably discard it anyway with some silly excuse that Yohalem is lying or something I dunno...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUtjtZPNxw

addresses most of the delusions in your post

tjbyrum1
05-18-2013, 03:49 AM
You`v ended all hope of anyone taking you seriously.....at least I wont..for now...i`ll just be laughing my a out at your coming posts

Maybe so, but I don't care, I had to say it.

I know no one is probably going to take me seriously, but I'll say it like this:

Some people got together to make a new series: Assassin's Creed. They planned and outlined AC 1, 2, and 3. But somewhere, I believe during or after the development of AC2, they completely scrapped their ideas and started to do other things. This is evident in the foreshadowing of Lucy and Desmond's relationship, his motorcycle license, and the fact they started making 'spin-offs' like Brotherhood and Revelations.

Desmond and Lucy was suppose to have a lasting and continuous relationship through the trilogy. Desmond was going to have a motorcycle in AC3,

And I garuantee if a developer came here and saw this, he would verify it.

SixKeys
05-18-2013, 03:56 AM

I know no one is probably going to take me seriously, but I'll say it like this:

Some people got together to make a new series: Assassin's Creed. They planned and outlined AC 1, 2, and 3. But somewhere, I believe during or after the development of AC2, they completely scrapped their ideas and started to do other things. This is evident in the foreshadowing of Lucy and Desmond's relationship, his motorcycle license, and the fact they started making 'spin-offs' like Brotherhood and Revelations.

Desmond and Lucy was suppose to have a lasting and continuous relationship through the trilogy. Desmond was going to have a motorcycle in AC3,

I agree that most of what you say is probably true, but you would never, ever get a developer to admit it.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 04:00 AM

actually, no one is gonna take you seriously not because of your ridiculous claims, but because you`re willing to believe it without a shred of evidence, but "your gut feeling" and the "foreshadowing"

I posted an interview with a developer...listen to it...

that history is our playground "hogwash" was always there

Legendz54
05-18-2013, 05:44 AM

William,Shaun, Rebecca will probably returning as said in an interview. Your not a Templar but just an employee there. Through the game your character will start to notice some weird things. This was in an interview i saw.

AdamPearce
05-18-2013, 05:54 AM
actually, no one is gonna take you seriously not because of your ridiculous claims, but because you`re willing to believe it without a shred of evidence, but "your gut feeling" and the "foreshadowing"

I posted an interview with a developer...listen to it...

that history is our playground "hogwash" was always there

You can't deny the fact that Ubisoft is clearly over-using Assassin's Creed. What I think they sould have is, do their trilogy, lalala everyone is happy, and then, later on do other games with new characters each time but keeping a little link with the main games, just like they did with Prince of Persia. They did a great trilogy with a great conclusion, everyone was happy and, later on, they did a new game completly different but they keep the spirti of the main games.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 05:57 AM
You can't deny the fact that Ubisoft is clearly over-using Assassin's Creed.
I didn't state that fact at all...as a matter of FACT...this whole post has nothing to do with overusing AC...it`s about "supposed" original plans and how they were scrapped

AdamPearce
05-18-2013, 06:16 AM
I didn't state that fact at all...as a matter of FACT...this whole post has nothing to do with overusing AC...it`s about "supposed" original plans and how they were scrapped...

...by over using the license to get money.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 06:22 AM
...by over using the license to get money.
How does overusing result into scrapping an original idea?? that`s not default...overusing can still result in the same original idea....

silvermercy
05-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Just because some people expected the story to progress otherwise, as they had "supposed", it doesn't mean the devs were also "supposed" to do that...

ProletariatPleb
05-18-2013, 08:36 AM

http://data.whicdn.com/images/34546461/funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window_large.gif

Modern Day stealth game with generic, characterless protagonist.......and his motorcycle? No thank you.

BATISTABUS
05-18-2013, 08:42 AM
"I have worked on games in the past where there was quite a bit of direction change. This time, there was almost none. We've really stuck to the initial vision. What we're delivering is pretty much what we set out to deliver."

-Corey May, Main Writer on Assassin's Creed 1, 2, and 3

8:44
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/17/making-assassins-creed-iii-part- (http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/17/making-assassins-creed-iii-part-4)

roostersrule2
05-18-2013, 08:50 AM
"I have worked on games in the past where there was quite a bit of direction change. This time, there was almost none. We've really stuck to the initial vision. What we're delivering is pretty much what we set out to deliver."

-Corey May, Main Writer on Assassin's Creed 1, 2, and 3

8:44
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/17/making-assassins-creed-iii-part- (http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/17/making-assassins-creed-iii-part-4)He's talking about AC3 there, so what he said was obviously a lie/mistake.

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 08:51 AM
He's talking about AC3 there, so what he said was obviously a lie/mistake.
I see what you did there

AjinkyaParuleka
05-18-2013, 12:10 PM
AC3..was going to have bikes?Hey dude we ain't playing GTA.and i don't think Brotherhood and revelations were "spin offs".

pacmanate
05-18-2013, 01:58 PM
lol... motorcycles. sauce plz