Mr_Shade
05-15-2013, 04:59 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img802/4237/ac4fankitfwfbcoverimage.jpg

Assassin's Creed 4:Under The Black Flag trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iys4wq7O_fQ

pacmanate
05-15-2013, 05:00 PM
But its 16:69 :O

Anyway, AWESOME trailer, loved how it was made, loved his voice.

Mr_Shade
05-15-2013, 05:01 PM
But its 16:69 :O

trailer = private until released = no leak.. nice try though - you might want to work on your time keeping ;)

pacmanate
We will see gameplay at E3, among other things...

lothario-da-be
Its released NOW!

GreySkellig
05-15-2013, 05:12 PM
Oh my dayummmm...looks gorgeous. I have to assume this is PC/PS4 footage. Can't wait for some gameplay. I'm also excited to see more of the jungle and island settings.

Satisfied with his voice. Based on his looks I guess I had pictured him sounding a little more gruff. (TBH, I imagined him like a Welsh version of Geralt from the Witcher games)

Lack of holsters seems pretty much inevitable at this point though.

MasterAssasin84
05-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Amazing Amazing Amazing !! i am really hyped for this game !! this is the Assassins Creed we have been waiting for :)

Sushiglutton
05-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Really awesome enviroments waiting to be explored. That's my favourite activity in AC so I'm optimistic.

lothario-da-be
05-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Not realy more hyped, i don't know if i have to be happy with that or not.

ArabianFrost
05-15-2013, 05:18 PM
I imagined the accent to be stronger and maybe a bit more rough considering the serious look he always wears. Connor's voice was better if you ask me, and surprisingly less monotonous.

montagemik
05-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Amazing Amazing Amazing !! i am really hyped for this game !! this is the Assassins Creed we have been waiting for :)

Actual 'finalised footage of PS4 edition & features' is the Assassin's Creed i've been waiting for.

This shows nothing majorly different from previous trailers . More of a 'different selection of footage' than actual new gameplay.

ArabianFrost
05-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Also, 2 trailers in no more than 3 days? What the hell is happening over there at Ubisoft?

ACfan443
05-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Also, 2 trailers in no more than 3 days? What the hell is happening over there at Ubisoft?

Someone spiked marketing's drinks..

lothario-da-be
05-15-2013, 05:25 PM
The first trailer was just some setting promoting with 15 seconds of the game...

jayjay275
05-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Looks really good. Hopefully all of that is ACTUALLY gameplay, and it looks liek PC and Next-gen footage.

Sushiglutton
05-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Rewind theater: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/15/rewind-theater-assassins-creed-iv-under-the-black-flag

lothario-da-be
05-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Looks really good. Hopefully all of that is ACTUALLY gameplay, and it looks liek PC and Next-gen footage.
yeah, i am realy wondering how the game will look on the ps3.

SixKeys
05-15-2013, 05:43 PM
First impressions: the backgrounds look amazing, facial models less so. Does anyone else think the faces look less impressive than the ones we saw in early AC3 footage? Maybe they still need to finish some textures, it would be a bit awkward if the next AC title ended up looking worse than its predecessor.

The cities (mostly Havana, I think?) look exciting, though. Really gives me a much better feeling than I ever got for AC3's locations from any trailers. The streets are narrower and the architecture is beautiful, brings me back that AC2 feeling. :)

Still, not letting myself get carried away until we see some actual gameplay footage, especially with regard to stealth. So far everything looks action-centered as I feared. Edward's air-assasinate move isn't even done with a hidden blade but with two flashy swords.

P.S. "Defy order" is a really dumb slogan.

AssassinHMS
05-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Really awesome enviroments waiting to be explored. That's my favourite activity in AC so I'm optimistic.

You know those areas might be filled with nothing but emptiness. Like the Frontier (3 times the size of Rome as the devs braged about) which turned out to be so desertified I even had mirages...

silvermercy
05-15-2013, 05:51 PM
I like the subtle Welsh accent on Edward's voice. And hey! I also like the slogan! ;p

Yes, a couple of faces would need a tiny bit more texturing I think... Other than that I quite like this trailer!!

ProletariatPleb
05-15-2013, 05:51 PM
You know those areas might be filled with nothing but emptiness. Like the Frontier (3 times the size of Rome as the devs braged about) which turned out to be so desertified I even had mirages...
Hahha yeah, I keep hearing praises about the Frontier, I find it to be empty and boring, makes me wonder if those people actually play games other than AC.

Sushiglutton
05-15-2013, 05:57 PM

I liked to just roam the frontier and observe things and climb around the enviroment. It's not for everyone, but I think it's kind of relaxing and enjoyable. I think the organized activities in AC3 are far more problematic.

Hahha yeah, I keep hearing praises about the Frontier, I find it to be empty and boring, makes me wonder if those people actually play games other than AC.

Only a hundred or so ;)

ProletariatPleb
05-15-2013, 06:02 PM
I liked to just roam the frontier and observe things and climb around the enviroment. It's not for everyone, but I think it's kind of relaxing and enjoyable. I think the organized activities in AC3 are far more problematic.

Only a hundred or so ;)
They're focusing on everything except assassination and as long as that's gonna be prevalent, this series will not have a unique identity, the only 'unique' thing left is they choose a historical setting.

LoyalACFan
05-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Still no frakkin' holsters... :nonchalance: It looks... really bad, Ubi. Not to mention lazy as all hell.

Other than that though, the trailer was pretty good. Facial textures look a little rough, but it's early yet.

Edit- Oh, PS, it looks like he has a new running animation. That's a nice touch. I hated how Ezio and Altair had the same ridiculous one.

Sushiglutton
05-15-2013, 06:10 PM
They're focusing on everything except assassination and as long as that's gonna be prevalent, this series will not have a unique identity, the only 'unique' thing left is they choose a historical setting.

I'd love to have more open ended asssassination missions, but I disagree that it's the assassinations that make the franchise unique. Tons of games have similar style of gameplay where you walk up behind enemies and tap a button to kill them. What AC does better than any other franchise is beautiful, climbable, living worlds. It's the stuff you can show your mom and she'll go "Wow!". The frontier is in line with that. It's opening up a new type of enviroment, namely the climbable forest. I def think it strenghtens the franchise's unique identity.

ProletariatPleb
05-15-2013, 06:14 PM
I'd love to have more open ended asssassination missions, but I disagree that it's the assassinations that make the franchise unique. Tons of games have similar style of gameplay where you walk up behind enemies and tap a button to kill them. What AC does better than any other franchise is beautiful, climbable, living worlds. It's the stuff you can show your mom and she'll go "Wow!". The frontier is in line with that. It's opening up a new type of enviroment, namely the climbable forest. I def think it strenghtens the franchise's unique identity.
I never said assassinations make it unique, lol but it's ASSASSIN'S Creed, I'm missing the part where the stabbing occurs. Instead I get stuff like herding pigs and setting up a 'homestead'

I'm not against the idea of having natural environments, but not empty ones. There's small settlements here and there but the rest of the place is deserted, some animals here and there but what about hunters? or people trying trying to go somewhere else, in a carriage maybe, some even walking, living breathing and with THINGS TO DO. How much was the Frontier actually used?

shobhit7777777
05-15-2013, 06:14 PM
This game is going to make so much money that its not even funny

Rugterwyper32
05-15-2013, 06:15 PM

I remember I was playing Brotherhood once and mom just walked in while I was walking around the Pantheon. She was impressed, even moreso considering how much she's always wanted to go there. I know everyone I've showed the game that knows anything about history is impressed about the settings, too. I've really seen no other franchise that recreates historical settings the way this one does, specially the settings the series chooses. I've rarely seen them represented outside of RTS games, come to think about it.

SixKeys
05-15-2013, 06:17 PM

Agreed. This is the feeling I always had about the Frontier and I was hoping the game would prove me wrong, but it didn't. It's cool that they wanted to include wilderness and experiment with new environments that enabled new features (treerunning) but ultimately it was just way too big. If the Frontier's size was cut in half it would be better IMO. All the camps and cities would be closer and transition from one area to the next would be more noticeable. I was just playing AC3 yesterday for some achievements and good God was it tedious running around the Frontier to uncover all of the map. (And I do mean running, as the horses are a pain in the arse and treerunning doesn't work everywhere.)

shobhit7777777
05-15-2013, 06:17 PM
I never said assassinations make it unique, lol but it's ASSASSIN'S Creed, I'm missing the part where the stabbing occurs. Instead I get stuff like herding pigs and setting up a 'homestead'

I'm not against the idea of having natural environments, but not empty ones. There's small settlements here and there but the rest of the place is deserted, some animals here and there but what about hunters? or people trying trying to go somewhere else, in a carriage maybe, some even walking, living breathing and with THINGS TO DO. How much was the Frontier actually used?

+100000000Xinfinity

Sushiglutton
05-15-2013, 06:20 PM

Like I said I'd love for more and better assassination missions, but there are other much more important reasons why the franchise is so huge imo. Yeah the frontier could have been a lot better. For one if hunting was a fun activity, that would have helped a lot. As usual Ubi was terrified of challenging the player in any way, so they made it so easy that it became a chore instead of something fun. But I enjoyed the frontier for what it was, what can I say.

SixKeys
05-15-2013, 06:24 PM
In the words of the great Yahtzee:

Ubisoft: "What is it with you and stabbing people?"
Yahtzee: "What is it with you and NOT stabbing people?!"

Rugterwyper32
05-15-2013, 06:24 PM
I personally appreciated the fact that they managed to get tree running and the uneven terrains working as well as they did. I do think they should have scaled down (specially considering you rarely ever go to a few areas that could have been removed and their sidequests given to other areas) and they should have focused on a smaller Frontier with more stuff going on, but they got something pretty impressive. Next time they try something like that, they should have a better idea of how to handle it and hopefully they've learned to not aim way too high like they did in AC3.

Sushiglutton
05-15-2013, 06:25 PM
I remember I was playing Brotherhood once and mom just walked in while I was walking around the Pantheon. She was impressed, even moreso considering how much she's always wanted to go there. I know everyone I've showed the game that knows anything about history is impressed about the settings, too. I've really seen no other franchise that recreates historical settings the way this one does, specially the settings the series chooses. I've rarely seen them represented outside of RTS games, come to think about it.

Exactly this is the reason behind the broad appeal imo. It's because it offers unique things "everyone" can appreciate. The beautiful, climbable, historical worlds is the key feature imo.

ProletariatPleb
05-15-2013, 06:27 PM
In the words of the great Yahtzee:

Ubisoft: "What is it with you and stabbing people?"
Yahtzee: "What is it with you and NOT stabbing people?!"
Touche! Now I'm a Sofa Baron what do I do? :P

Exactly this is the reason behind the broad appeal imo. It's because it offers unique things "everyone" can appreciate. The beautiful, climbable, historical worlds is the key feature imo.
Yeahhh that 'appeal to everyone' destroys pretty much every game. It's fine they wanna create a nice immersive world, I support that. But focusing on things that are none of our business, like 'tour' every event in the American Revolution isn't what ASSASSIN'S Creed is about.

Josegtx13
05-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Unlike most people here, this trailer didn't hype me up.

AssassinHMS
05-15-2013, 06:29 PM

If people play AC mainly for the beautiful settings then the next assassin's creed should be in the future, in Space. Space is a beautiful setting, isn't it? And people who like explosions would be satisfied because there would be space battles (improved naval battles)! Seamless travels from planet to planet without loading screens and a huge arsenal of guns!
Now I wonder (huge world, many weapons, explosions, quantity over quality), in terms of gameplay, what's the big difference between this and recent AC games?

diaboslb7
05-15-2013, 06:29 PM
this trailer looks pretty good
I'm really excited for this game

Sushiglutton
05-15-2013, 06:34 PM
If people play AC mainly for the beautiful settings then the next assassin's creed should be in the future, in Space. Space is a beautiful setting, isn't it? And people who like explosions would be satisfied because there would be space battles (improved naval battles)! Seamless travels from planet to planet without loading screens and a huge arsenal of guns!
Now I wonder (huge world, many weapons, explosions, quantity over quality), in terms of gameplay, what's the big difference between this and recent AC games?

I should have added "historical" I did that in my later post. Sci-fi is very common in gaming.

GreySkellig
05-15-2013, 06:36 PM
So much hate for the Frontier...I'm kinda shocked. It was one of my favorite areas, in part because of the emptiness. If they had squished everything conveniently close together, or overpopulated the area with hunters and travelers, I personally would have felt it was too crowded. I live in the rural northeast, and the Frontier felt right. It's a lonely, remote area, and would have been even more so in the 18th century.

I do agree there could have been more variety. It often seemed like t was just me and the Redcoats out there. But I would not want a greater volume of things to do. My hope for AC4 is a broad variety of activities and locations, but suitably spread out and infrequent to make them feel genuine and to encourage exploration. The random events in RDR, for instance, were cool but way too common.

I think the empty space needed to separate locations will be mostly taken up by ocean this time around, with individual islands themselves being fairly packed with activities. A bit anxious to see the wilderness for this game, actually. I know they can nail the cities, and from the videos released it looks like Havana at least will be a Florence-flashback--in the very best way. But the wilderness is a big question mark. It's only really their second try (I don't count "The Kingdom" from AC1).

ProletariatPleb
05-15-2013, 06:41 PM
So much hate for the Frontier...I'm kinda shocked. It was one of my favorite areas, in part because of the emptiness. If they had squished everything conveniently close together, or overpopulated the area with hunters and travelers, I personally would have felt it was too crowded. I live in the rural northeast, and the Frontier felt right. It's a lonely, remote area, and would have been even more so in the 18th century.

I do agree there could have been more variety. It often seemed like t was just me and the Redcoats out there. But I would not want a greater volume of things to do. My hope for AC4 is a broad variety of activities and locations, but suitably spread out and infrequent to make them feel genuine and to encourage exploration. The random events in RDR, for instance, were cool but way too common.

I think the empty space needed to separate locations will be mostly taken up by ocean this time around, with individual islands themselves being fairly packed with activities. A bit anxious to see the wilderness for this game, actually. I know they can nail the cities, and from the videos released it looks like Havana at least will be a Florence-flashback--in the very best way. But the wilderness is a big question mark. It's only really their second try (I don't count "The Kingdom" from AC1).

I suppose the difference is, you're looking at it from the perspective of real life(and that's fine), I'm look at it with the perspective of gameplay and it being a game not a "movie" not an "experience" or any marketing buzzwords like that.

AherasSTRG
05-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Most beautiful AC game I have seen. Probably, one of the most beautiful stealth / action games I have seen. But, I have learnt from my mistakes, I won't be hyped until I actually see it playing on a friend's PC.

GreySkellig
05-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I suppose the difference is, you're looking at it from the perspective of real life(and that's fine), I'm look at it with the perspective of gameplay and it being a game not a "movie" not an "experience" or any marketing buzzwords like that.

I suppose that's fair. I'm studying history and archaeology, so the location realism is like 2/3 of the fun for me. The accurately desolate frontier I prefer might be inferior in terms of gameplay, I'll grant.

jayjay275
05-15-2013, 07:01 PM
I think that ambient music is what the frontier needed and more side missions.

pacmanate
05-15-2013, 07:02 PM
First impressions: the backgrounds look amazing, facial models less so. Does anyone else think the faces look less impressive than the ones we saw in early AC3 footage? Maybe they still need to finish some textures, it would be a bit awkward if the next AC title ended up looking worse than its predecessor.

The cities (mostly Havana, I think?) look exciting, though. Really gives me a much better feeling than I ever got for AC3's locations from any trailers. The streets are narrower and the architecture is beautiful, brings me back that AC2 feeling. :)

Still, not letting myself get carried away until we see some actual gameplay footage, especially with regard to stealth. So far everything looks action-centered as I feared. Edward's air-assasinate move isn't even done with a hidden blade but with two flashy swords.

Im sure textures for faces will change, even though they look AC2 again... As for waiting on stealth, same. However even saying that his air assassination with swords instead of hidden blades is a thing doesnt make sense as you could air assassinate with muskets in AC3....

But yes, Defy Order is a dumb slogan #DealWithIt

silvermercy
05-15-2013, 07:04 PM
For a slogan I vote something that includes the words "marks the spot". It's like... obligatory! lol

Farlander1991
05-15-2013, 07:05 PM

There's nothing wrong with "experience" per se. Hell, AC1 is pretty average as a game (and, btw, between Frontier and Kingdom, Frontier has got more content :p ), but it's an absolutely stunningly amazing experience and there's no 'buzzwording' in providing an experience.

Not to say that AC1 is not without its awesome moments and design decisions (like the freedom it provides during assassinations, for example), but as a game (as a whole) ACII is a lot better.

AssassinHMS
05-15-2013, 07:46 PM
However even saying that his air assassination with swords instead of hidden blades is a thing doesnt make sense as you could air assassinate with muskets in AC3....

The hidden blade is the assassin's primary weapon and should be vital, not during battles as a melee weapon, but to assassinate. As you may have noticed we have to look at the title of the game to remember this is assassin's creed, in oder words, Assassin's Creed is becoming less and less about assassins and assassinating (which reflects in the gameplay and in the story) and more about tons of weapons, explosions, naval battles and big empty worlds. The hidden blade used to be a main aspect in the franchise in terms of gameplay but now is viewed as just another weapon in the increasingly huge and useless arsenal of so called assassins. The fact Edward air assassinated with the swords instead of the hidden blade shows this disregard for the elements that used to be pivotal to the series and the lack of identity of the franchise. Finally, comparing assassin's creed pivotal elements with AC3 is pointless because AC3 is hardly an assassin's creed game for the reasons stated above among others.

stingray110
05-15-2013, 08:04 PM

Finally someone i agree with. Boring, boring, boring. It loks like AC3 with a couple improvements. Two years on this game...hmmm. The location is better than AC3 due to more exciting architecture thanks to the Spanish in Havana. I don't want to see AC3 cities ever again.

stingray110
05-15-2013, 08:05 PM
The hidden blade is the assassin's primary weapon and should be vital, not during battles as a melee weapon, but to assassinate. As you may have noticed we have to look at the title of the game to remember this is assassin's creed, in oder words, Assassin's Creed is becoming less and less about assassins and assassinating (which reflects in the gameplay and in the story) and more about tons of weapons, explosions, naval battles and big empty worlds. The hidden blade used to be a main aspect in the franchise in terms of gameplay but now is viewed as just another weapon in the increasingly huge and useless arsenal of so called assassins. The fact Edward air assassinated with the swords instead of the hidden blade shows this disregard for the elements that used to be pivotal to the series and the lack of identity of the franchise. Finally, comparing assassin's creed pivotal elements with AC3 is pointless because AC3 is hardly an assassin's creed game for the reasons stated above among others.

Well put.

lothario-da-be
05-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Sadly,this will never change again. AC sells more and more every year, so they think people want even more action..

lothario-da-be
05-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Me too, my hype level just increased from 20% to 21%.

lothario-da-be
05-15-2013, 08:08 PM
This game is going to make so much money that its not even funny
LOL this x100, wich means they wil continue in this direction. :(

MasterAssasin84
05-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Actual 'finalised footage of PS4 edition & features' is the Assassin's Creed i've been waiting for.

This shows nothing majorly different from previous trailers . More of a 'different selection of footage' than actual new gameplay.

Makes no odds to me because il be purchasing on the XBOX anyhow, great welsh accent i thought, and i loved the footage of the boarding and raiding ! i am so hyped for this game after seeing this.

IMO it can only get better.

stingray110
05-15-2013, 08:27 PM
You guys are mad if this hypes you. There are too many reasons to list as to why it should. I wish i could share your optimistic opinions.

AssassinHMS
05-15-2013, 08:32 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img802/4237/ac4fankitfwfbcoverimage.jpg

Assassin's Creed 4:Under The Black Flag trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iys4wq7O_fQ

Nice... what's the name of the franchise again?

SixKeys
05-15-2013, 08:49 PM
There's nothing wrong with "experience" per se. Hell, AC1 is pretty average as a game (and, btw, between Frontier and Kingdom, Frontier has got more content :p ), but it's an absolutely stunningly amazing experience and there's no 'buzzwording' in providing an experience.

Not to say that AC1 is not without its awesome moments and design decisions (like the freedom it provides during assassinations, for example), but as a game (as a whole) ACII is a lot better.

^ This. If AC4 was half the experience AC1 and AC2 were for me, bring it on. I love to just walk around in the cities, listen to the sounds and watch the NPCs going about their business. (Ambient music does make a big difference, which is partly why AC3 felt so different.) I don't care about being present at every major historical event, but I do appreciate the "historical tourism" aspect of AC. That's why AC1 worked so well as an experience: it combined the historical sightseeing with planning your gameplay approach in the way you wanted. I loved that we were able to scout out the buildings where our next assassination was going to take place prior to the mission. You got to admire the architecture AND simultaneously occupy your gamer mind by planning your approach.

Rugterwyper32
05-15-2013, 09:04 PM
^ This. If AC4 was half the experience AC1 and AC2 were for me, bring it on. I love to just walk around in the cities, listen to the sounds and watch the NPCs going about their business. (Ambient music does make a big difference, which is partly why AC3 felt so different.) I don't care about being present at every major historical event, but I do appreciate the "historical tourism" aspect of AC. That's why AC1 worked so well as an experience: it combined the historical sightseeing with planning your gameplay approach in the way you wanted. I loved that we were able to scout out the buildings where our next assassination was going to take place prior to the mission. You got to admire the architecture AND simultaneously occupy your gamer mind by planning your approach.

Agreed. I feel one thing that AC1 did better than other games in the series was also taking the era and putting you in it without making it feel like the focus was on meeting the historical figures or recreating historical events. AC2 started adding the "Gump factor" as I've seen it being called. Of course, AC2 still kept the subtlety good enough.
AC3, for as much as I love it, pumped that to the max. The game made you meet historical figures because... Hey we want you to meet them! And then do stuff with them! Events like the Midnight Ride and the such played out so differently from what I expected.
AC1, on the other hand, didn't even really focus on many historical events. In fact, the Battle of Arsuf is the most I can think of, and they went for the historically inaccurate route as Garnier should have been along with Robert de Sable and King Richard! But they still had elements that worked. Acre had been recently besieged and taken by Crusaders, which was pretty obvious just from approaching. It got the setting right without needing a database or major events from the time, and they gave themselves more freedom to be historically inaccurate.

projectpat06
05-15-2013, 09:11 PM
@ 0:49 Edward looks strikingly similar to the late great Heath Ledger

Spider_Sith9
05-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Comments are bashing Connor. I don't like it.

SixKeys
05-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Agreed. I feel one thing that AC1 did better than other games in the series was also taking the era and putting you in it without making it feel like the focus was on meeting the historical figures or recreating historical events. AC2 started adding the "Gump factor" as I've seen it being called. Of course, AC2 still kept the subtlety good enough.
AC3, for as much as I love it, pumped that to the max. The game made you meet historical figures because... Hey we want you to meet them! And then do stuff with them! Events like the Midnight Ride and the such played out so differently from what I expected.
AC1, on the other hand, didn't even really focus on many historical events. In fact, the Battle of Arsuf is the most I can think of, and they went for the historically inaccurate route as Garnier should have been along with Robert de Sable and King Richard! But they still had elements that worked. Acre had been recently besieged and taken by Crusaders, which was pretty obvious just from approaching. It got the setting right without needing a database or major events from the time, and they gave themselves more freedom to be historically inaccurate.

Indeed. AC1 was about experiencing historical locations and atmosphere, not so much about meeting famous characters at every turn. AltaÔr worked in the background, his interest was only in killing Templars, not influencing the outcome of the Holy War. It was cool when you got to meet King Richard because even then AltaÔr was like "I don't care about you, dude, I'm here for this other guy".

AC2 took place over the course of many years and the political conspiracies were directly connected to the Templar plot, so it was acceptable for Ezio to meet a lot of historical figures. In AC3 I was mostly annoyed by two events in particular: Paul Revere's midnight ride and the signing of the Declaration of Independence. WHY was Connor shoehorned into those situations? The first one wasn't a fun mission from a gameplay perspective and the second was just a long cut scene. It doesn't even make sense for this random native American to be present at the signing. I'm okay with him meeting historical figures, but having him develop some sort of complex friendship with Washington was pushing it IMO.

Sushiglutton
05-15-2013, 09:18 PM
This is for the real nerdy :). The version on the Playstation channel has a few seconds extra gameplay footage. The clip is 3sec shorter, but that's because of promotional stuff. The Playstation version contains a scene that is not in the version posted in the OP. Check at 0:34-0:36 in below vid! There are a couple of cool kill moves against some French soldiers in white uniforms :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5ZX-jxd1Riw

pacmanate
05-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Marketing strikes again?

Im guessing that was only in the NA edition becuase they think that French people will go "OH NOOOOOOOO".

Sushiglutton
05-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Marketing strikes again?

Im guessing that was only in the NA edition becuase they think that French people will go "OH NOOOOOOOO".

I don't think there are politcial motives ;). But perhaps I should mail this find to Kotaku and let them make something out of it.

Rugterwyper32
05-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Indeed. AC1 was about experiencing historical locations and atmosphere, not so much about meeting famous characters at every turn. AltaÔr worked in the background, his interest was only in killing Templars, not influencing the outcome of the Holy War. It was cool when you got to meet King Richard because even then AltaÔr was like "I don't care about you, dude, I'm here for this other guy".

AC2 took place over the course of many years and the political conspiracies were directly connected to the Templar plot, so it was acceptable for Ezio to meet a lot of historical figures. In AC3 I was mostly annoyed by two events in particular: Paul Revere's midnight ride and the signing of the Declaration of Independence. WHY was Connor shoehorned into those situations? The first one wasn't a fun mission from a gameplay perspective and the second was just a long cut scene. It doesn't even make sense for this random native American to be present at the signing. I'm okay with him meeting historical figures, but having him develop some sort of complex friendship with Washington was pushing it IMO.

Pretty much. AC2 still worked with the meeting of historical characters, and it didn't drag you around just so they went "Hey look we put this guy in the game!". The meetings with the characters made sense and a lot of it still worked in the shadows. Meeting Leonardo and the Medici made sense. We also learned during that game how there was political play between Assassins and Templars putting leaders as they saw fit so all those events in Venice including the new Doge after Marco being on the assassin's side made sense. It didn't feel shoved in.
Honestly, AC3 should have moved historical events more to background for missions and not made missions around them. Specially the Midnight Ride, that got rather ridiculous. And then there's shoved in events like the Declaration of Independence.

Cornik22
05-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Im guessing that was only in the NA edition becuase they think that French people will go "OH NOOOOOOOO"

Only that they are NOT french, but spaniards (and I know what I'm talking about because I am one myself). We still don't even know if the french will make it into the game. The guys from IGN made the same mistake in their "Rewind theater" video with unbelievable consequences. "It seems that... the french have invaded Havana" Hahahahaha! I'm gonna make a thread just about that :p

Sushiglutton
05-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Only that they are NOT french, but spaniards (and I know what I'm talking about because I am one myself). We still don't even know if the french will make it into the game. The guys from IGN made the same mistake in their "Rewind theater" video with unbelievable consequences. "It seems that... the french have invaded Havana" Hahahahaha! I'm gonna make a thread just about that :p

Please accept my deepest apologies to not just you, but to all the people of Spain :(! Those guys from IGN did seem lost in space. Especially the guy who called everyone Blackbeard :D!

Cornik22
05-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Please accept my deepest apologies to not just you, but to all the people of Spain http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/frown.png! Those guys from IGN did seem lost in space. Especially the guy who called everyone Blackbeard http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png!
No problem. And yeah, the IGN video is just hilarious ;)

STDlyMcStudpants
05-15-2013, 11:59 PM
How cool would it be if 1:05 was Achilles?! ;)
Kind of makes me think no because of the scars (which can fade with age)..but still would be awesome

BATISTABUS
05-16-2013, 12:04 AM
That is certainly not Achilles, partially because of the scars, and partially because of that guy's age. Achilles was born in 1710.

SixKeys
05-16-2013, 12:04 AM
How cool would it be if 1:05 was Achilles?! ;)
Kind of makes me think no because of the scars (which can fade with age)..but still would be awesome

Hate to tell you this as I know you like to think all people from one ethnic background look the same, but not every black character is necessarily one we've met before...

BATISTABUS
05-16-2013, 12:09 AM
That didn't stop AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations from looking worse than AC1.

Yes, the facial animations and renders certainly look worse than AC3.

Assassin_M
05-16-2013, 12:17 AM

While Yes, AC II DEFINITELY had worse graphics than AC I (Worst in the series), ACB and ACR are not to be compared with AC II and while i`m an AC I fan, ACB and ACR mostly look better than AC I...AC I had amazing lighting, but ACB and ACR are a step ahead in Textures and poly count..

BATISTABUS
05-16-2013, 12:19 AM
While Yes, AC II DEFINITELY had worse graphics than AC I (Worst in the series), ACB and ACR are not to be compared with AC II and while i`m an AC I fan, ACB and ACR mostly look better than AC I...AC I had amazing lighting, but ACB and ACR are a step ahead in Textures and poly count..
ACB and especially Revelations were packed with complex textures, but even so, I still think AC1 looks nicer overall (yes, its mainly due to the superb lighting).

Assassin_M
05-16-2013, 12:21 AM
ACB and especially Revelations were packed with complex textures, but even so, I still think AC1 looks nicer overall (yes, its mainly due to the superb lighting).
It`s about hiding the flaws better than the other...AC I was A LOT better at this with lighting and fog mechanics...creates awesome illusion....AC II had crappy looking draw because of this

SixKeys
05-16-2013, 01:09 AM

I agree about AC2 looking worse than AC1. ACB looked better than AC2 and ACR looked better than ACB, which is a more natural progression. Considering all the hype surrounding the graphical leaps made possible by AnvilNext, it would be awkward if the next-gen AC game ended up looking worse than AC3.

monster_rambo
05-16-2013, 01:11 AM
I agree about AC2 looking worse than AC1. ACB looked better than AC2 and ACR looked better than ACB, which is a more natural progression. Considering all the hype surrounding the graphical leaps made possible by AnvilNext, it would be awkward if the next-gen AC game ended up looking worse than AC3.

I agree that graphics are important but how about the gameplay? I rather play something like Mario or Sonic then a super linear game like MOH.

SixKeys
05-16-2013, 01:34 AM
I agree that graphics are important but how about the gameplay? I rather play something like Mario or Sonic then a super linear game like MOH.

Of course gameplay is the most important thing. AC3 was great in the graphics department but not so much in the way of gameplay. I hope Black Flag will be better.

monster_rambo
05-16-2013, 01:36 AM
Of course gameplay is the most important thing. AC3 was great in the graphics department but not so much in the way of gameplay. I hope Black Flag will be better.

True. If they say what they are going to say like going back to the roots of AC I. I don't mind at all with the pirate stuff. Let's hope they don't lie to us again.

Assassin_M
05-16-2013, 02:04 AM
We`ll probably be able remove the hood...his hair is rendered under the hood....just a prediction

Megas_Doux
05-16-2013, 05:07 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I am hyped =(

And OMG La habana!!!!

Legendz54
05-16-2013, 06:09 AM
Everything Looks great, Im sold, I only hope for a good story.

projectpat06
05-16-2013, 08:06 AM
We`ll probably be able remove the hood...his hair is rendered under the hood....just a prediction

I really hope so. Also hoping they'll make some awesome outfits again even though they'll be exclusive dlc for the first month. I've been playing around with connor in Captain Kid's outfit

monster_rambo
05-16-2013, 08:09 AM
I hope they finally get disguises in this game but I highly doubt it. You shouldn't wear something that screams "hey, look at me, I am an assassin." Or at least different outfits which shouldn't be unlock till the very end or if not after the game like ACIII. I am definitely hoping for multiple outfits that you can customize. Customize yourself from head to toe, torso, arms... basically everything instead of just one outfit.

Legendz54
05-16-2013, 08:13 AM
I hope they finally get disguises in this game but I highly doubt it. You shouldn't wear something that screams "hey, look at me, I am an assassin." Or at least different outfits which shouldn't be unlock till the very end or if not after the game like ACIII. I am definitely hoping for multiple outfits that you can customize. Customize yourself from head to toe, torso, arms... basically everything instead of just one outfit.

They wont ditch the hood and robes, Thats just the way it is, it looks badass and its the gear they put on when its time to put a Templar down.

monster_rambo
05-16-2013, 08:15 AM
They wont ditch the hood and robes, Thats just the way it is, it looks badass and its the gear they put on when its time to put a Templar down.

I don't object the robes but what I am calling for is customize your robes and different outfits that actually serves some purpose in a game. I loved using the different disguises in ACIII, ACR, ACII, and ACB BUT I want to keep them. I want more flexibility and I don't want to unlock outfits near the end of the game after collecting all the feathers,etc.etc.

Farlander1991
05-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Whenever there was a disguise mission in any of the core AC games, I personally disliked it a lot (maybe with a few exceptions).

It's one thing when disguises are part of the core mechanics, like in Hitman or AC:Liberations (which I haven't played, but I'm curious to experience the disguise system they have there).

But they are not part of the core mechanics of the core AC games (and, I'm not sure that I'd want them to be, actually), so I would rather there be no disguise missions at all. It's too plot-contrived, and brings out a number of questions, like - if we used a disguise for this one mission, why the hell couldn't we use a disguise for this another mission where it would've been very useful? Personally, it breaks my suspension of disbelief more than if we would be in our assassin outfit all the time.

pacmanate
05-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Can someone confirm the footage? It looked like a mix between: Cutscenes, CGI and gameplay? Were the fighting parts CG or actual gameplay? Most notably the fight with the redcoats at 1:15

ProletariatPleb
05-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Can someone confirm the footage? It looked like a mix between: Cutscenes, CGI and gameplay? Were the fighting parts CG or actual gameplay? Most notably the fight with the redcoats.
I would say it's cutscenes and gameplay with developer camera, PC+next-gen footage quality.

Assassin_M
05-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Can someone confirm the footage? It looked like a mix between: Cutscenes, CGI and gameplay? Were the fighting parts CG or actual gameplay? Most notably the fight with the redcoats at 1:15
It's all gameplay probably pc

texture and render

ProletariatPleb
05-16-2013, 09:25 AM

...........................I meant when developers use that excuse as a marketing buzzword, that "we aimed to create an experience instead of a game" excuses to make it movie-like. Cutscene Creed y'know.

And I never said anything about Kingdom now did I? They hyped up the Frontier like it would play a major role but it didn't and that's what I'm talking about...

pacmanate
05-16-2013, 09:27 AM
It's all gameplay probably pc

texture and render

The bit with blackbeard is from the CG trailer though?

And okay, because the bit at 1:15 looks amazing.

Farlander1991
05-16-2013, 09:29 AM

No, it's from the previous gameplay trailer. No CG footage in the new trailer.

Assassin_M
05-16-2013, 09:30 AM

And okay, because the bit at 1:15 looks amazing.
Nope...all gameplay...

if you compare BB from the CG and this BB you`ll definitely see the difference

pacmanate
05-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Nope...all gameplay...

if you compare BB from the CG and this BB you`ll definitely see the difference

LOL okay yes I am blind

montagemik
05-16-2013, 09:55 AM

I Thought 'Defy Order' was quite Apt as a Slogan ..................

Is it us (the Abstergo employee) Who eventually Defy the order (Abstergo /templars)
Is it Edward just Defying Society's laws
Or is it Edward defying 'the Assassin Order' .

Works for all examples really .

SixKeys
05-16-2013, 11:49 AM
I Thought 'Defy Order' was quite Apt as a Slogan ..................

Is it us (the Abstergo employee) Who eventually Defy the order (Abstergo /templars)
Is it Edward just Defying Society's laws
Or is it Edward defying 'the Assassin Order' .

Works for all examples really .

It makes no sense because even pirates had "order" of a kind. As in codes of conduct and forming alliances, even if they sometimes ended up breaking the rules. The assassins as a group don't defy order, they defy tyranny, so the slogan doesn't work for the brotherhood. If it's just Edward defying order, then he sucks as both a pirate and an assassin. I highly doubt the slogan refers to us, the players and the modern day Abstergo story considering how much they've downplayed its importance in recent years. It's just as meaningless as "Rise" was for AC3. Used a lot in marketing, but had no real connection with the game.

Legendz54
05-16-2013, 11:56 AM
It makes no sense because even pirates had "order" of a kind. As in codes of conduct and forming alliances, even if they sometimes ended up breaking the rules. The assassins as a group don't defy order, they defy tyranny, so the slogan doesn't work for the brotherhood. If it's just Edward defying order, then he sucks as both a pirate and an assassin. I highly doubt the slogan refers to us, the players and the modern day Abstergo story considering how much they've downplayed its importance in recent years. It's just as meaningless as "Rise" was for AC3. Used a lot in marketing, but had no real connection with the game.

The slogan in just for marketing, just like "Rise"

EDIT: I can't read you already said that :(

montagemik
05-16-2013, 12:06 PM

LOL , Maybe it's a language - lost in translation thing for you , but don't think you understood my point .

DEFY ORDER ....................
Edward will Defy the social order / laws of the crown / laws of society . .........................Fits perfectly as we are a Pirate .
Edward could at some point of the story for all we know ..........Defy the Assassin order - Ignore given instructions ................... Again the slogan fits .
And they can play down the Modern Abstergo element all they like ......................Doesn't mean the "Defy Order" slogan isn't relevant to the Abstergo employee .

I really don't see how "Defy Order" in AC4 (anti establishment pirate themed game) & "RISE" in AC3 ( revolution & uprising against tyranny) Make no sense , as you say. :confused:

SixKeys
05-16-2013, 01:12 PM
LOL , Maybe it's a language - lost in translation thing for you , but don't think you understood my point .

DEFY ORDER ....................
Edward will Defy the social order / laws of the crown / laws of society . .........................Fits perfectly as we are a Pirate .
Edward could at some point of the story for all we know ..........Defy the Assassin order - Ignore given instructions ................... Again the slogan fits .
And they can play down the Modern Abstergo element all they like ......................Doesn't mean the "Defy Order" slogan isn't relevant to the Abstergo employee .

I really don't see how "Defy Order" in AC4 (anti establishment pirate themed game) & "RISE" in AC3 ( revolution & uprising against tyranny) Make no sense , as you say. :confused:

I understand the language fine, I just think it's a clichť slogan. It's nonsensical from an Assassin's Creed point of view because the brotherhood has never defied order. For a pirate it might be more applicable, but that remains to be seen. There's also a difference between general "order" (society, laws) and "THE order" (like assassins and Templars). The slogan seems to be aimed at kids who like to think of themselves as rebels when in fact pirates were not all about defying order.

My main point is that these marketing slogans aren't directly tied to the game. All the ads and trailers for AC3 used the "Rise" catchphrase, but it wasn't like a quote from the actual game or a phrase that was really meaningful to the plot, unlike "Nothing is true, everything is permitted", for example.

Dag_B
05-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Might be a translation thing, the german slogan is "Verachte die Ordnung" which I would translate as "Despise the order".
I would say the german slogan is more negative and sounds like any kind of order should be avoided whereas defy (as far as I get it) has also a note of "challenge it" which is a little bit more... rebellious.

pacmanate
05-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Why would he despise the order, he joins it.... I think Defy order is basically him before being an Assassin, and during his early years as one.

MasterAssasin84
05-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Why would he despise the order, he joins it.... I think Defy order is basically him before being an Assassin, and during his early years as one.

I though he said he despises Order as in Order and structure as what the Templars are standing for so basicaly defy's them by joining the Assassins ?

shop5107FB585
05-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Glad to hear he has a Welsh accent.

pacmanate
05-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I though he said he despises Order as in Order and structure as what the Templars are standing for so basicaly defy's them by joining the Assassins ?

That would make more sense :P I thought it meant defy the order, aka The Assassin's he joins.

Treshcore97
05-16-2013, 02:28 PM
The trailer is very good. But I'm here not for it. Is there any thread where people can write their wishes about Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag?

Legendz54
05-16-2013, 03:09 PM
In the Forsaken novel Edward was described as having dark hair yet they made him blonde, wonder why...

ProletariatPleb
05-16-2013, 03:11 PM
In the Forsaken novel Edward was described as having dark hair yet they made him blonde, wonder why...
Maybe he dyed his hair later, remember the very first screenshot that came had dark hair.

http://puu.sh/2UBrn.jpg

Legendz54
05-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Maybe he dyed his hair later, remember the very first screenshot that came had dark hair.

http://puu.sh/2UBrn.jpg

Good point, I like him better with dark hair.

ProletariatPleb
05-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Just for the sake of variety from the previous ones, I think it's a welcome change :P

lothario-da-be
05-16-2013, 03:53 PM
lol that would be completly idiotic. And about what is Forsaken actualy? How much Connor, Haytham and Edward does it have?

Dag_B
05-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Oh, in german "Ordnung" can not mean the Assassins order, that would be "Orden".
So "Verachte die Ordnung" means just "Despise order and structure" and leaves no interpretationroom to use it for the assassins order ("Verachte den Orden"). ^^

Megas_Doux
05-17-2013, 02:19 AM
I hope they finally get disguises in this game but I highly doubt it. You shouldn't wear something that screams "hey, look at me, I am an assassin..

Like Ezio in ACB.....

pacmanate
05-17-2013, 01:10 PM
I liked the trailers that showed his hair free, and not tied up. I hate that his hair is tied up. Connor, Haytham and Edward have their hair tied up the same way, its stupid!

MadJC1986
05-17-2013, 06:06 PM
As the trailer mentions, that Edward used to sail as a privateer for the King, is that something we will experience in the game, or will Edward be a pirate from the beginning on?

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Going by the interviews i believe he will be a pirate from the offset ?

pacmanate
05-17-2013, 08:19 PM
As the trailer mentions, that Edward used to sail as a privateer for the King, is that something we will experience in the game, or will Edward be a pirate from the beginning on?

You are asking a question no one knows.

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 08:22 PM
You are asking a question no one knows.

I was under the impression he is going to be a pirate from the start from the game, i mean thats what most of the podcasts and youtube vids have implied ?

Dag_B
05-17-2013, 09:14 PM
On the other hand, if I remember correct the exact starting point in the previous games was never really announced, it was mostly the mainpart that were advertised. At least I didn't see info about playing Connor as kid, or his daddy and I am not quite sure about Ezio. Was there any info that we play him before he gets involved with the assassins order? :confused:

So I would say, it's possible that we see that or even have a few missions in this time.

MasterAssasin84
05-17-2013, 09:33 PM
lol that would be completly idiotic. And about what is Forsaken actualy? How much Connor, Haytham and Edward does it have?

I Really enjoyed it but to be honest the whole book is pretty much centered around Haytham, its supposed be like his journal, Edward was in the first few chapters from which we learned of his relationship with Reginald Birch, but Connor only comes into the story towards the last quater of the book but i certainly recommend you read it.

Mani is right it does say that Edward has dark hair.

flyin-bart
05-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Well, what I'm wondering is this......

Is the sailing part of the game, which should be a fairly big important chunk of it!....going to be like AC3? I hope NOT!! I'm hoping for a LOT more realism and inersiveness. Like a ship you can walk all over, below decks as well as above. Rigging you can go up. A fairly detailed sailing model, no one where when you're at sea you have got to do the steering all the time! Maybe navigation thrown in, say a basic sextant and compass or something, and decisions to make whilst at sea, crew problems, supplies, weather etc. Also you don't get from A to B in an instant. It takes you game days or even weeks to get there all the while wondering if there's another ship or land just over the horizon.

What do you guy's think??

I'm right here in thinking that there's only two trailers that have been released officially so far right?

Hoping to see my wishlist come to life in any E3 footage that's put up next month......

MasterAssasin84
05-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Well, what I'm wondering is this......

Is the sailing part of the game, which should be a fairly big important chunk of it!....going to be like AC3? I hope NOT!! I'm hoping for a LOT more realism and inersiveness. Like a ship you can walk all over, below decks as well as above. Rigging you can go up. A fairly detailed sailing model, no one where when you're at sea you have got to do the steering all the time! Maybe navigation thrown in, say a basic sextant and compass or something, and decisions to make whilst at sea, crew problems, supplies, weather etc. Also you don't get from A to B in an instant. It takes you game days or even weeks to get there all the while wondering if there's another ship or land just over the horizon.

What do you guy's think??

I'm right here in thinking that there's only two trailers that have been released officially so far right?

Hoping to see my wishlist come to life in any E3 footage that's put up next month......

Yes thats correct two Gameplay Trailers as far , As stated by Ashraf Ishmail and Darby Mcdevitt the game is 60% Land 40% sea a Cohesive experience means the game will have a fluid transition between Land and sea so it will be seamless so to speak , AC3 Naval warfare was simply just touched on so i would expect a total enhanced experience in terms of exploration so it would make sense if you are plundering ships then you should be able to explore them more in depth like access the bows to grasp their loot.

xX ThE ImP Xx
05-26-2013, 01:13 PM
please if you agree share this so someone from Ubisoft might see it!
Assassins creed 4 black flag wishlist

First of all..
I dint like the hole pirate theme to an ac game but in a new franchise I would love it. I think that ac should be in places and time periods you donít know much about. So not America. I would like to see less famous places like Georgia, Fiji or Nepal, But done is done and Ubisoft cant change that now so im not going to talk about that more. And im focusing on what to improve, There are some things in ac4 that seems to be good. And im not changing it to much, just small little improvements. Im not talking of how bad the story is, because there are already so many youtube videos covering that.
Stealth
What is stealth?
Ac should be about stealth, the ac3 developers doesnít seem to know what stealth is, so let me explain what it is. Stealth is when you sneak around not being detected. The reason to do this is often because its to hard just run up and kill everyone. With that being said I think that the guards should be harder. In ac3 the developers said something like this, ďwell, you can use stealth if you want to, now you can choose either to be stealthy or just run up and kill everyone.Ē It might sound good, but when you are playing stealthy you should fear to be detected. In the the ac games I didnít feel that. Because when you got detected you could just kill everyone so easy. So its hard to make a good game when youre combining stealth and easy fighting, Ubisoft should decide wich one they want, not both. I, as many, prefere stealth.
Detection system
Another thing is the detection system. In many situations in ac3 its almost impossible to be stealthy because of many small little things. When they see you a little bit, and youre trying to, lets say hiding in a haybale,you automaticly jump out the haybale, I mean you should at least be able to try to hide if you want to.
I think that should kill as small amount of people as possible, in order to innovate players to do this, make the guards shearch around everywere if they see a dead body, if they add this feature, you would also need to hide dead bodys, in previos ac games the guards would just look at the dead body for a while and then continue as nothing happened.
Stealth features
Stealth was gone in ac3, though they gave some new stealth features like pushing yourself up against corners and trees and crouching in bushes. To improve this they should add some new features. Something I always wanted in ac games was the ability to crouch and lay down. This would make the stealth more realistic and more fun. It would look a lot cooler to crouch up to a guard and kill him in some situations than go straight up and casually kill him. It would also make you hide behind smaller objects such as boxes. Lay down would make you crawl behind really small objects, and maybe even under some objects. The push yourself against the corner could be improved by being able to push yourself against walls without standing in a corner. Another feature I think would be cool is if you could throw a rock or a coin to attract guards.

Stealthy environment
Ac3 didnít had stealthy environment. The roothtops were flat and boring and the little things you hide on roothtops in were gone. The frontier were also pretty flat and open, its to hard to be stealthy in that kind of environment. I hope that the djungels in ac4 will be a lot more dense and uneven, what ive seen so far in the trailers it actually seems to be it. The citys also look more uneven and should be fun to be stealthy in. Acr had (in my opinion) a very good city with a lot buildings.

Missions
Mission setup
The ac4 developers have sad that ac4 mission setup will be similar to ac1, that they give you a simple objective and then you choose in an open area how you want to accomplish that. This is a very good thing and in, especially acr and ac3, the missions were very un controllable and you coudnt choose what you wanted to do, you had to follow a specific path. But in ac1 that missions were in a very small area and it was very easy. I hope that in Ac4 You will get, lets say a target that you are suppose to kill. You will be in a kinda big area with a lot of buildings, boxes bushes and trees. And then with all the stealth fetures I wrote about. Try to kill him in any way you want.
Side missions
The side missions in ac3 was terrible. The letter missions were all the same, really easy and very repetitive. The only sidemissions that were kind of good were the homestead missions.
The side missions in ac4 should fit in to the pirate theme, some of them should be connected to the main story and you should do them because they are interesting not just because they are in the game. Red dead redemption has really good side mission setup. They were interesting you didnít have to finish them right away, for instince, in one mission you needed money to do the side mission, and if you didnít have that, you would have to wait. It also have some infinite side missions, like ac4 have in sea called the horizontal system, hope they have it on land to. Basicly you can just randomly go by someone who needs help, a ship to board or a whale to harpoon. This is keeping you busy all the time.
Connor is everywere!
One thing I hated in ac3 was that a lot of the missions had nothing to do with the templars and assassins, only the American revolution. Connor meets every single historical character , and every historical events Connor is there. And its not just like he is watching it he, just a random guy, all the sudden gets in charge of a army or a cannon, and its just so weird!
I hope they bring back mystery and puzzles like in ac2, but in mayan ruins.

Small problems
A few small features I didnít like in ac games.
In ac3 they removed the locking system wich I didnít like. Very often when im in a fight and want to pick up a rifle, I cant just unlock them and pick it up anymore, now I have to run around a bit to get rid of the lock and pick it up.
In ac2 brotherhood and revelations you had medicine that made your health full, I didnít like that. In ac3 they removed it. Good! But it takes to long to die, its to easy. And the health is coming back to fast.
Making money is way to easy in the ac games, and when you do its just sending convoys and stuff. You should having to work to get money. And in ac you get money from every main mission for some reason.
This list goes on and on and I donít feel like going through all the small problems...

montagemik
05-26-2013, 01:28 PM
This list goes on and on and I donít feel like going through all the small problems...

!

Yes that list certainly goes on & on ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Try the feedback thread perhaps to get ubi's attention. .

AssassinHMS
05-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Assassins creed 4 black flag wishlist

First of all..
I dint like the hole pirate theme to an ac game but in a new franchise I would love it. I think that ac should be in places and time periods you don’t know much about. So not America. I would like to see less famous places like Georgia, Fiji or Nepal, But done is done and Ubisoft cant change that now so im not going to talk about that more. And im focusing on what to improve, There are some things in ac4 that seems to be good. And im not changing it to much, just small little improvements. Im not talking of how bad the story is, because there are already so many youtube videos covering that.
Stealth
What is stealth?
Ac should be about stealth, the ac3 developers doesn’t seem to know what stealth is, so let me explain what it is. Stealth is when you sneak around not being detected. The reason to do this is often because its to hard just run up and kill everyone. With that being said I think that the guards should be harder. In ac3 the developers said something like this, “well, you can use stealth if you want to, now you can choose either to be stealthy or just run up and kill everyone.” It might sound good, but when you are playing stealthy you should fear to be detected. In the the ac games I didn’t feel that. Because when you got detected you could just kill everyone so easy. So its hard to make a good game when youre combining stealth and easy fighting, Ubisoft should decide wich one they want, not both. I, as many, prefere stealth.
Detection system
Another thing is the detection system. In many situations in ac3 its almost impossible to be stealthy because of many small little things. When they see you a little bit, and youre trying to, lets say hiding in a haybale,you automaticly jump out the haybale, I mean you should at least be able to try to hide if you want to.
I think that should kill as small amount of people as possible, in order to innovate players to do this, make the guards shearch around everywere if they see a dead body, if they add this feature, you would also need to hide dead bodys, in previos ac games the guards would just look at the dead body for a while and then continue as nothing happened.
Stealth features
Stealth was gone in ac3, though they gave some new stealth features like pushing yourself up against corners and trees and crouching in bushes. To improve this they should add some new features. Something I always wanted in ac games was the ability to crouch and lay down. This would make the stealth more realistic and more fun. It would look a lot cooler to crouch up to a guard and kill him in some situations than go straight up and casually kill him. It would also make you hide behind smaller objects such as boxes. Lay down would make you crawl behind really small objects, and maybe even under some objects. The push yourself against the corner could be improved by being able to push yourself against walls without standing in a corner. Another feature I think would be cool is if you could throw a rock or a coin to attract guards.

Stealthy environment
Ac3 didn’t had stealthy environment. The roothtops were flat and boring and the little things you hide on roothtops in were gone. The frontier were also pretty flat and open, its to hard to be stealthy in that kind of environment. I hope that the djungels in ac4 will be a lot more dense and uneven, what ive seen so far in the trailers it actually seems to be it. The citys also look more uneven and should be fun to be stealthy in. Acr had (in my opinion) a very good city with a lot buildings.

Missions
Mission setup
The ac4 developers have sad that ac4 mission setup will be similar to ac1, that they give you a simple objective and then you choose in an open area how you want to accomplish that. This is a very good thing and in, especially acr and ac3, the missions were very un controllable and you coudnt choose what you wanted to do, you had to follow a specific path. But in ac1 that missions were in a very small area and it was very easy. I hope that in Ac4 You will get, lets say a target that you are suppose to kill. You will be in a kinda big area with a lot of buildings, boxes bushes and trees. And then with all the stealth fetures I wrote about. Try to kill him in any way you want.
Side missions
The side missions in ac3 was terrible. The letter missions were all the same, really easy and very repetitive. The only sidemissions that were kind of good were the homestead missions.
The side missions in ac4 should fit in to the pirate theme, some of them should be connected to the main story and you should do them because they are interesting not just because they are in the game. Red dead redemption has really good side mission setup. They were interesting you didn’t have to finish them right away, for instince, in one mission you needed money to do the side mission, and if you didn’t have that, you would have to wait. It also have some infinite side missions, like ac4 have in sea called the horizontal system, hope they have it on land to. Basicly you can just randomly go by someone who needs help, a ship to board or a whale to harpoon. This is keeping you busy all the time.
Connor is everywere!
One thing I hated in ac3 was that a lot of the missions had nothing to do with the templars and assassins, only the American revolution. Connor meets every single historical character , and every historical events Connor is there. And its not just like he is watching it he, just a random guy, all the sudden gets in charge of a army or a cannon, and its just so weird!
I hope they bring back mystery and puzzles like in ac2, but in mayan ruins.

Small problems
A few small features I didn’t like in ac games.
In ac3 they removed the locking system wich I didn’t like. Very often when im in a fight and want to pick up a rifle, I cant just unlock them and pick it up anymore, now I have to run around a bit to get rid of the lock and pick it up.
In ac2 brotherhood and revelations you had medicine that made your health full, I didn’t like that. In ac3 they removed it. Good! But it takes to long to die, its to easy. And the health is coming back to fast.
Making money is way to easy in the ac games, and when you do its just sending convoys and stuff. You should having to work to get money. And in ac you get money from every main mission for some reason.
This list goes on and on and I don’t feel like going through all the small problems...

Read what "xX ThE ImP Xx" said Ubisoft!

This, plus the lack of a good atmosphere, bad and underdeveloped social stealth, no ambient music, poor side missions that have nothing to do with being an assassin, few and bad assassinatiton missions and quality over quantity, are why this franchise became crap (with AC3 being trash). Focus on the original assassin's creed idea (hidden blade, assassinations, stealth, infiltrations, mysteries and conspiracies,...), forget naval battles and realize that what matters is not having a huge empty world to explore like the frontier or having tons of useless weapons. Quality must come before quantity and all this ambition (naval gameplay, a map 3 times bigger than brotherhood's, huge seamless world with 50 locations...) is sinking the franchise.
Look what AC has become: AC4, the latest entry is about pirates, 40% of the missions are in sea, the trailers show only one assassination and the rest are explosions and ships. I don't recognize this franchise anymore. Sure the devs said there would be open ended assassinations and random events but after all the lies and the decieving propaganda behind AC3 I don't trust AC devs anymore and, so far, what has been shown is a pirate game.
This franchise can only survive if it keeps its core aspects and ideas and improves upon them. What happened was the opposite, the core aspects have been ignored or forgotten and every entry adds new features that try to overshadow the franchise itself.
So, either do a true Assassin's Creed game or change the name of the franchise,for justice, to protect the name of the series or for Patrice (who is probably sad to see his creation destroyed and turned into an expensive *****).

Assassin_M
05-27-2013, 01:53 AM
poor side missions that have nothing to do with being an assassin
Like beating husbands up:rolleyes:

Oh wait that`s AC II...anything you do there is part of being an Assassin

AssassinHMS
05-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Like beating husbands up:rolleyes:

Oh wait that`s AC II...anything you do there is part of being an Assassin

Most side missions in AC II were about assassinating a target with the exception of courier and beat up events. I don't understand what's your point, I never said everything in AC2 was part of being an assassin. However 80% of the side missions in AC2 are about infiltrating and/or assassinating while in AC3 only 20% are about assassinating and all of them are underdeveloped. The targets are simply there waiting to be killed, there's no backstory, no infiltration, no challenge, no reward. Those assassinations are so casual they are not worthy of an assassin.

(Anyway, the next part is not intended for you Assassin_M)

But seriously a game named assassin's creed and that turns out to be a linear experience full of action and explosions, about ships and the american revolution with no regard for stealth, with a huge empty world, with no proper assassination missions, with a bad atmosphere, where you're an overpowered hero that can kill 100 redcoats in mere seconds that only cares about his village, can only harm the franchise. And now, the next instalment in the AC series is a pirate game, again filled with explosions and even more ships (since they were the best thing AC3 had to offer).
Bravo UBISOFT, bravo!
I'm not against a pirate game as long as AC isn't involved. The franchise needs to regain its personality not to lose it any further...

Farlander1991
05-28-2013, 07:29 AM
I first want to say that AC1 is my most favourite Assassin's Creed game... I LOVE it... However...

no regard for stealth

AC1 doesn't care about stealth, there's absolutely no difference (except the feeling of self-satisfaction) if you're stealthy or not (I remember killing Sinbrand with absolutely nobody noticing me, not during the approach, not during the assassination, and not during me getting back to the bureau... and while it felt great, I had a feeling 'I could've just kicked the crap out of everybody and it wouldn't make a damn difference at all...'). If not for the detection failures that were introduced in AC2 and onwards, neither of the AC games would care for stealth either. Though, detection failures are NOT the way to go in my opinion.

with a huge empty world

AC1 has a huge empty world.

with no proper assassination missions

Granted, although Johnson and Pitcairn are proper assassination missions (well... Pitcairn's like 75% proper).

with a bad atmosphere

Subjective.

where you're an overpowered hero that can kill 100 redcoats in mere seconds

And in AC1 you're an overpowered hero that can kill 100 crusaders in mere minutes, I don't see that much of a difference. (Although, granted, the first sequences when you don't have all the abilities are more challenging).

that only cares about his village

And for the most part of AC2 Ezio only cared about revenge. People didn't seem to find problem with that.

What I'm trying to say is that there are many valid arguments against AC3 mechanics and mission design, but most of the stuff that you've listed has been a problem with the AC franchise ever since the first game (well, with the exception of the 'huge empty world' part which was improved upon in Ezio's trilogy).

ProletariatPleb
05-28-2013, 07:46 AM
^They didn't market AC1 as an action game as far as I remember and we didn't have a lamestream audience that wants explosions every 2 minutes.

Stealth was neither encouraged or discouraged by putting restrictions but the target could run away to another guard post and/or get reinforcements. The best way to actually do things was stealth and throughout the narrative we were told the importance of stealth.

Like you mentioned it yourself, you cannot kill everybody initially because you've essentially become a novice. In a way, through experience you become better and get more abilities that help with other targets and missions but it doesn't take you 10 seconds to kill everybody you can easily and randomly get countered by non-cannon fodder guards and you have to rely on your mastery of the controls, a little skill if you will. Now in III each guard has a set way to be dealt with and it will always work.

1 trained fighter fighting multiple trained fighters shouldn't be a cakewalk.

Farlander1991
05-28-2013, 07:55 AM
They didn't market AC1 as an action game as far as I remember

They did. Most of the marketing was done on the combat and parkour aspect (I guess to revoke memories of Prince of Persia).

The best way to actually do things was stealth and throughout the narrative we were told the importance of stealth.

Actually, the fastest way to actually do things was just to run in, kicking the hell out of everybody who's in the way. I know, I've done a playthrough without stealth at all - much easier, much faster.

Like you mentioned it yourself, you cannot kill everybody initially because you've essentially become a novice

Which is one of the lamest narrative excuses for removing abilities ever, by the way. Moves such as counter-attack, counter-grab, and everything else that relies on skill and not equipment (like, okay, I get that we can't grab something midjump because they've taken away the gloves) should not disappear.

Assassin_M
05-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Which is one of the lamest narrative excuses for removing abilities ever, by the way. Moves such as counter-attack, counter-grab, and everything else that relies on skill and not equipment (like, okay, I get that we can't grab something midjump because they've taken away the gloves) should not disappear.
Guard: Kill the Hashash !!!
Altair: Haaa I`ll just counter--wait...I`m a novice..must listen to Al-mualim
Altair: AHHHHHH **** THAT HURTS

ProletariatPleb
05-28-2013, 08:04 AM
They did. Most of the marketing was done on the combat and parkour aspect (I guess to revoke memories of Prince of Persia).
Really? I've seen like 2 trailers for the game and both were far from "action"

Actually, the fastest way to actually do things was just to run in, kicking the hell out of everybody who's in the way. I know, I've done a playthrough without stealth at all - much easier, much faster.
But you had the choice and you were constantly told to keep to the creed instead of giving you a restrictive design where you're forced to play how they want you to instead. You could almost always quickly and cleanly kill targets and leave instead of fighting through everyone to kill the target. And so you could play however you wanted but stealth wasn't... BS like it is now. It was a very viable option.

Which is one of the lamest narrative excuses for removing abilities ever, by the way.
Be that as it may, we are talking about gameplay mechanics here aren't we?

Farlander1991
05-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Really? I've seen like 2 trailers for the game and both were far from "action"

I guess that depends on how you define action. The several trailers I've seen start with Altair sitting on a bench or walking through the streets, and then it goes to a montage of fighting enemies and parkouring through the streets and running away from guards through people and stuff. And then end with Altair getting out a hidden blade near a target. ... Yeah, they were kinda formulaic that way. There were no explosions and stuff, but focus on action was there.

But you had the choice and you were constantly told to keep to the creed instead of giving you a restrictive design where you're forced to play how they want you to instead. You could almost always quickly and cleanly kill targets and leave instead of fighting through everyone to kill the target. And so you could play however you wanted but stealth wasn't... BS like it is now. It was a very viable option.

(I'm not saying of fighting through everyone, I'm saying running through everyone to kill the target, which is less time consuming than fighting through everyone... but that doesn't mattaer right now). Ok, starting with ACII onwards they've started dividing missions into combat-centric, stealth-centric and freerunning-centric (and the more closer we get to ACIII, the more clearer the divisions become). And yes, I don't entirely agree with that change in design approach, HOWEVER. I would like to mention that... I think in some ways that is better than what AC1 has got. It allows for a more defined set of challenges that the player has to overcome. That being said.

I really hope that what ACIV devs are saying about AC1 freedom getting back is true. Because I love the freedom that AC1 gave. But. The biggest problem with the ACI freedom design is lack of consequences. When the results from a 100% perfect stealth run and a 100% non-stealth run of a mission are absolutely the same, i.e. you kill the target and go on with the story... That just hurts the freedom design more than it helps. I mean, not even an achievement? (for example, Deus Ex: Human Revolution had achievemnts for game pacifist and stealth runs, and I think that's one of the smarter use of achievements). No form of recognition? Not even a word from Rafiq, that, 'hey dude, nobody knows what the hell has happened, you're awesome!' or 'Why the **** did you kill all those guards?!?!?!' ? That just demotivates, in my opinion.

Though, a revised concept of optional objectives could really help the situation, actually.

Be that as it may, we are talking about gameplay mechanics here aren't we?

We are, but I'm of the opinion that gameplay mechanics and narratvie have to play off eachother. I don't agree with the approach 'this works mechanically but makes no sense in the narrative, but we're going to do it that way anyway'.

ProletariatPleb
05-28-2013, 08:41 AM
We are, but I'm of the opinion that gameplay mechanics and narratvie have to play off eachother. I don't agree with the approach 'this works mechanically but makes no sense in the narrative, but we're going to do it that way anyway'.
New IP trying to make big back in 2007, yeah for first timers I forgive them. But not improving on that is what's unforgivable.

I agree they should show a bit of difference depending on the way you handled things but might I add that's a complaint that applies to almost every game not just AC.

I prefer the freedom design for it gives you the possibility of something different happening when you replay, I'm talking beyond what AC1 did, even more freedom, dynamic things. I'm not saying go back to exactly how AC1 was I just think that giving you a possiblity that different things can happen is very interesting and something perhaps could have been achieved by the sequels instead of going in a different direction.

Dan Pen 97
06-15-2013, 04:24 PM
I can not wait till this comes out.