PDA

View Full Version : Staying true to the Might and Magic feel.

Runicmyst
05-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Please Ubisoft... Do not mess this up. Delay it months if you have to... As a fan I am pleading that you do this right and make it full of all the former glory the previous versions were. Except IX that was just .. well we don't like to talk about it. While you are at it.. buy SIrtech and make Wizardry 9..

Tarragon
05-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Delay it months if you have to... As a fan I am pleading that you do this right and make it full of all the former glory the previous versions were. Except IX that was just ..

Hopefuly they will do this, MM8 could have been a so much better game than it was if 3do would hav given the dev team more time! And MM9, there wasnt a MM9, NEVER, it doesnt exist!

Ravens Klaws
05-15-2013, 02:42 PM
*yes i know there are typos. its the browser i think
read the interveiw that was in another post, basically what happened between 7-9 is the leader (trip hawkins i think?)started going insane, and gave the dev team less and less time and pouring all of the resources that should have been going to the main numbers into some other game(m&m legends i think maybe?), with practically no resources and barely any time its lucky they managed to release games at all. the leader himself, who used to help, and he stopped even showing up.apparntly continued to go insane, and his personality changed. its possible the failure of the 3DO console affected him somehow, the console failed but they would have possibly been able to recover the company had he allowed the dev team to perfect the game.
the developers regard m&m 9 as pre alpha at best, it was such a rushed case.its an enjoyable game but its unfinished and it shows.its the only game i know of where the devs have had to release a patch to make the game work AFTER the company fell.
saying that though the important factor in any videogame is immersion,if your not immersed in the world your not gonna keep playing.
this is what skyrim,might and magic,and even pokemon do best. they immerse you in the world so much that your not playing the game, your a part of it.
if they want this to work, it has to FEEL like might and magics central numbers, and not heroes or some other spinoff(and i emphesise like since this isnt the original dev team)

MagixJonsn
05-16-2013, 08:14 PM
While you are at it.. buy SIrtech and make Wizardry 9..

I would love a Wizardry 9

forgottenl
05-17-2013, 03:50 PM
It would be hard to top part 8. Other than the too slow combat and the old graphics, it was a wonderful game.

Quietus87
05-18-2013, 03:40 PM
It would be even harder to top 7... By the way the Wizardry rights have a very chaotic story, they reside now in japanese hands.