PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we'll see London in some fashion of the game?

projectpat06
05-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Do you think London will be a location even if it's brief at the beginning of the game like in AC3 or at the end for our final assassination like in AC2 with Rome? I wouldn't mind seeing even a small section of the city at the end of the game where we can see the rest London off in the distance.

Or possibly extending Edward's story to what we know from the foresaken novel and have london as the city to play in for AC4's dlc. I'm sure that alone would be reason enough for people to want to buy it even though most fans already know the end result of the story.

lothario-da-be
05-13-2013, 08:36 PM
London was in ac3 ( i hope it was or this is a big fail). So i think it will be featured in the begin or end.

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Possibly, but I dunno why that's a...'big deal' or seems important?

lothario-da-be
05-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Possibly, but I dunno why that's a...'big deal' or seems important?
Some cool gimmick location to hype up fans :p

Rugterwyper32
05-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Personally, I'd hope they'd save it for a game that features it as a whole, maybe alongside other cities for the cool factor. I really want a Tudor England game, personally (I know everyone wants Victorian England, but Tudor England would be nothing short of amazing and having some of the conquest of Ireland added to it would be great too)
Edit: Also, yeah, it was in AC3 as completely abstract during that small Desmond sequence at the start and then we had the theater which was amazing. Come to think they just had a small section like that, I wouldn't mind them adding it as a short section, but keep the city as a whole for a game of its own.

rileypoole1234
05-13-2013, 09:00 PM
It would make sense if it was at the end. I've been hoping for London since before AC2 was announced so I'd rather them save it for a full game to be honest.

ArabianFrost
05-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Didn't they show a part of England at the beginning of the recent trailer? Maybe Bristol?

xboxauditore
05-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Didn't they show a part of England at the beginning of the recent trailer? Maybe Bristol?

Bristol may make an appearance, Edward Teach (Blackbeard) was supposedly born there, perhaps Edward and Blackbeard will return to his hometown for some reason?

ACfan443
05-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Personally, I'd hope they'd save it for a game that features it as a whole

This.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-13-2013, 11:32 PM
How bout 1500s France in the times of Nostradamus?!
I think that would be pretty cool...but then again that time period was all about the americas...
Im actually pretty surprised they havent touched that time period yet..Henry VIII..Queen Elizabeth..Michelangelo ..Copernicus..Incas..Aztec..Christopher Columbus..Francis Drake

Or how bout this..Henry IV enters Paris, wars on Spain (1595), marries Marie de Medici (1600), assassinated (1610). Galileo's experiments with falling objects.
He was assassinated..what a coincidence ;D

LoyalACFan
05-13-2013, 11:37 PM
I kind of doubt we'll see London. By the time the game starts, Edward is already in the Caribbean, and I'm putting my money on Ned Low (who died/disappeared in the Americas) as the final assassination target. So I don't think there will be any need to go back "across the pond".

Abeonis
05-14-2013, 12:37 AM
I kind of doubt we'll see London. By the time the game starts, Edward is already in the Caribbean, and I'm putting my money on Ned Low (who died/disappeared in the Americas) as the final assassination target. So I don't think there will be any need to go back "across the pond".

Except for maybe the discovery that his (late?) ex-wife Caroline Scott had bore him a child (Jenny) her did not know of, and so had to return to England to take care of her. Whilst there, he probably meets and falls in love with Tessa...

montagemik
05-14-2013, 02:26 AM
Im actually pretty surprised they havent touched that time period yet..Henry VIII..Queen Elizabeth..Michelangelo ..Copernicus..Incas..Aztec..Christopher Columbus..Francis Drake

Or how bout this..Henry IV enters Paris, wars on Spain (1595), marries Marie de Medici (1600), assassinated (1610). Galileo's experiments with falling objects.

Didn't they have Copernicus in AC-B ?

montagemik
05-14-2013, 02:34 AM

I think if AC4 shows anything of England - London or Bristol ........It will be in some cutscene storytelling session at the INN , Pirates telling drunken tales of yore ;) or something like that.
I agree actually going there as a location seems unlikely.

ProletariatPleb
05-14-2013, 02:44 AM
How bout 1500s France in the times of Nostradamus?!
I think that would be pretty cool...but then again that time period was all about the americas...

Dammit resize your signature.

EarthlyStudio1
05-14-2013, 04:59 AM
I don't think we'll see London in this game. Maybe a slight cameo, but that is all that I would expect to see. I don't think there will be a full map of London to explore, as that will probably be saved for a future title based around that area.

shop5107FB585
05-14-2013, 08:53 AM
We might see Bristol, where Edward is actually from, or Wales maybe, Edward retired to London as well of course.