PDA

View Full Version : PC Multiplayer can't find a match

bongomast3r
05-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Hey,

100% synched singleplayer and have just decided to look at multiplayer. After doing the tutorials, I must say it seems really interesting and could be a lot of fun.

Problem: For the last two nights I have been trying to play just ONE match, leaving my computer on searching for matches all night. Every once in a while I see someone else's name in the player list, but then they're gone after a few seconds. How the heck can I start a match, let alone try and progress through the levelling system?

I'm playing at night Australian east coast time, which would coincide with early morning for USA, but surely there are lots of players outside the US/Europe? Please, I need someone to tell me I'm doing it wrong and there's an easy fix. This is far too futile and frustrating.

Exodias29
05-13-2013, 02:54 PM
This past weekend has been a tricky one to find any kind of session for me and alot of people on my friends list, practically impossible to play, have you tried to play today? Things seem to have improved and I can now find matches again.

Also make sure you have your ports open, the ports required for AC3 can be found here http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17478/related/1

Something to note is that the PC player base is alot smaller compared to our console friends so finding certain matches is pretty much a waste of time. For FFA modes try a search for Deathmatch, or if its Team modes you want, search for Manhunt or Artifact Assault, the latter of which would not be new player friendly if AC3 is your first AC multiplayer experience.

Let me know if getting a match today has improved, if not, I will rack my brain for more reasons for the lack of modes, unless someone else jumps in to offer their opinion :p

YazX_
05-16-2013, 03:24 PM
it is because of the matchmaking and the fact that there are no dedicated servers, everyone went to play other games instead of wasting their time searching for matches and being stuck in lobbies.