PDA

View Full Version : What do you LOVE about AC3?

Bashilir
05-13-2013, 03:32 AM
I give credits to "H3LLBILLY III" as, he did this idea with the Multiplayer. Anyway, I just wanted a thread on here that was positive so, post away what you LOVE about the game!

Black_Widow9
05-13-2013, 03:48 AM
Tree Running, Naval Battles, Hunting, Haytham, Native American Culture, Naval Missions, Hunting quests, Attacking Convoy's

Megas_Doux
05-13-2013, 04:01 AM
Gameplay mechanics such as naval stuff, treerunning, hidding behing a column, parkour movements, stalking zones, weather, seasons!!! The fact there is no armour and medicine around, its GREAT story through characters like Connor, Achilles, and Haytham!!!

Despite its heavy flaws, my favorite one in the series.

kriegerdesgottes
05-13-2013, 04:08 AM
Convoys, weather, oh and I do like how the life now regenerates.....that's about all I can think of.

Assassin_M
05-13-2013, 04:15 AM
Graphics, Seasons (favorite is winter), mild investigations (please let this be a taste for the future), dem forts (deeeem forts), Tree running, Hunting, Naval warfare (I tried so hard not to like it), Captain Kidd treasure hunt, Homestead, Story, flow of gameplay, Animations, unequal surface programming, Physics, improved NPC AI, Improved recruit missions, more tolerant rooftop guards AI, Idle animations....

Megas_Doux
05-13-2013, 04:27 AM
Graphics, Seasons (favorite is winter), ..

You know, NY during a snowstorm at night is incredibly gorgeous......And during a rainfall at sunset, too.

And I forgot the FRONTIER!! A very nice change of pace in the series!!

TheBearJew32
05-13-2013, 05:19 AM
On that note, i think the weather effects haven't been given enough appreciation. The rainstorms/thunderstorms in ACIII are absolutely gorgeous and some of the best i've seen in a video game.

Sushiglutton
05-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Treerunning, frontier, Connor's animations (I remeber wiggling the stick left and right while running just to see him shift balance), naval, vaulting over fences, petting dogs, weather system (snow is real cool for example).

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Animations, Naval, The revival of facial animations etc while fighting, The rain, Graphical improvements and general image quality although much more can be achieved, Moral ambiguity, Haytham. That's all I guess.

EDIT - I'll have you know I found tree running gimmicky and unnecessary.

poptartz20
05-13-2013, 02:19 PM
petting dogs,.
Some one was bound to say it! lol!

What I really enjoyed about the game was for one HAYTHAM! Woo! then I loved the overall story, tree running, combat, graphics, weather changes, DLC, Homestead, board games, Running animations, duel wielding weapons, blurred lines of "good" and "evil".

Sushiglutton
05-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Some one was bound to say it! lol!

What I really enjoyed about the game was for one HAYTHAM! Woo! then I loved the overall story, tree running, combat, graphics, weather changes, DLC, Homestead, board games, Running animations, duel wielding weapons, blurred lines of "good" and "evil".

Haha what can I say :)! You listed some things I forgot, but enjoyed too like the boardgames and Haytham.

poptartz20
05-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Haha what can I say :)! You listed some things I forgot, but enjoyed too like the boardgames and Haytham.

I must say I actually enjoyed the animals too! Lol I think I pet and fed just about everything twice. I really liked the interaction of the characters within the city on this one too! like how some of them would be courting one another on the streets. also I loved how there were sooo... many different accents throughout the game. It really hit nail on the head with America being the new country that it was!

Geez... when I think about AC3 was so underrated. Not to say without problems though but, the focus is on the positive things in this thread! :D

GreySkellig
05-13-2013, 04:25 PM
One HUGE factor for me was thee enormous number of contextual animations for Connor. I'm halfway through my third playthrough, and I'm still discovering new animations. Like the "running along a fence toward the corner of a building by which are stacked some barrels" animation that results in a PoP style wallrun, or "running towards a low box but changed directions at the last moment" which makes Connor place a hand on the box and make a right-angle slide over it. Tons of details like these scattered throughout the game.

Location design was also great--AC3 felt more like a real, complete world than any other game I've played, with the possible exception of RDR. There were so many carefully constructed little vignettes.Although a few definitely seem to have been only partially finished. (e.g. the captain's balcony on the ship under construction in Boston Harbor. There are at least two "paths" up to it, and it's half-decorated, but there's really nothing there.) Even so, there was plenty of detail to divert me. As I commented elsewhere, even the tombstones in Boston are historically accurate to the exact ten year span of the main game. Everything from the knickknacks on Connor's nightstand to the ultra-detailed Aquila made the game world feel more alive, less game-y.

Speaking of the Aquila, I really hope we'll get free-roam of the Jackdaw above and below decks, all while underway. This was something that sort of bummed me out about the naval gameplay in AC3--not being able to leave the wheel at will. I think there must be a function that lets you do this in the next game, if only so you don't have to stop the ship every time you use the crow's nest. i.e. you'd set a course, and then leave the wheel to your helmsman and go explore your ship. The detail onboard the ship Haytham rode at the beginning (can't recall its name) was incredible, and I hope we get the chance to live below decks in a large ship like that again. Imagine the Assassin's Den being the captain's cabin.

pacmanate
05-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Graphics, Snow, Tree Running, running animation.

SixKeys
05-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Different animals (dogs, cats etc.), Connor's animations, weather, moral ambiguity, Haytham, naval battles, health meter, Desmond missions.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Frontier.
Time setting.
Organic environment.
Playing as a Native American.
Meeting George freakin Washington and the mac daddy of history Ben Franklin.

jayjay275
05-13-2013, 08:02 PM
You know, NY during a snowstorm at night is incredibly gorgeous......And during a rainfall at sunset, too.

And I forgot the FRONTIER!! A very nice change of pace in the series!!

Snow is nice in the cities, but in the frontier is is nice for a bit, but then makes me feel ill. :S

rrebe
05-13-2013, 09:11 PM
I really liked the frontier, seasons/weather and tree running

xboxauditore
05-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Tree-running, Snow, Native American Culture and the overall education I received about the Revolution.