PDA

View Full Version : Why we love Connor

Sidizen
05-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Why do we love Connor?

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 05:30 AM
the disliking Connor thread has 19 pages and this has 1 page?? shame on you, guys...shame on you

Kit572
06-10-2013, 05:38 AM
Are you asking for reasons why we should love Connor?

Well, he has a Tomahawk for starters...

Oh, and his Hidden Blade can spin around all day long. My god, that sounds dirty.

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Are you asking for reasons why we should love Connor?

Well, he has a Tomahawk for starters...

Oh, and his Hidden Blade can spin around all day long. My god, that sounds dirty.
I think he means more about his personality...

Yes he has a personality...yes

Kit572
06-10-2013, 05:49 AM
I think he means more about his personality...

Yes he has a personality...yes

Ah... Personality...

For me, its a bit bland, but I still like the character for some reason. Don't know what else to add, that's all I can really say.

AC2_alex
06-10-2013, 06:48 AM
I like how he interlocks his fingers when speaking with Washington and Sam Adams. Just little subtleties and mannerisms of his I enjoy.

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 07:26 AM
I like how he interlocks his fingers when speaking with Washington and Sam Adams. Just little subtleties and mannerisms of his I enjoy.You can put that down to Noah Watts, all cutscenes were mo-capped by the voice actors.

itsamea-mario
06-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Becoz he's smexeh...

LoyalACFan
06-10-2013, 07:48 AM
His story was really quite compelling, even if it was told terribly. Connor would have been a superb character if the story was well written.

AC2_alex
06-10-2013, 08:12 AM
His story was really quite compelling, even if it was told terribly. Connor would have been a superb character if the story was well written.

As a big fan of the AC franchise, I can put that behind me and still really love Connor's story!

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 08:21 AM
I like Connor`s strong conviction, kindness and subtlety..his anger can be all over the place or can be just a clench of his fist..his happiness can be a wide smile or a calm smirk or laugh and these moments are SO rare, you can`t help but feel HAPPY when these moments occur...I also love the way he holds his hands while talking to people, it can be interpreted as respect, compassion or just being badass and cracking his knuckles...he can be as loud as a gorilla in a moment and snap, another moment he`s as gentle as a teddy bear...all he wanted was peace..for his people, for the colonists and for the world..if it`d take fighting for freedom, then he fights...Naivete led him to failing partially in his quest and seeking a doomed unity between 2 clashing ideologies...

He sought Justice and freedom...he was willing (and did) let go of his revenge..he was willing to forget the past and unite the Templars and Assassins before he was made aware that Lee had nothing to do with his mother`s death and when he found out that GW was the culprit...he let it go for the greater good...for the continued fight of the colonists...if he had killed GW, he`d open the way for Lee and the Templars..something he did not want and after ALL this, after finding out GW`s betrayal, he still assists the Patriots with Arnold, because he truly seeks freedom for the people...he stops the Patriots from forcing their agenda in Quebec simply because the Quebecois NEVER asked for independence

The guy is also just badass...he breaks locks by punching them...and "knocks" on doors by breaking them with his body...cocky, a bit childish and intelligent

Justice, nobility, hope and naive idealism, respect to humanity...that time he stopped Putnam from kicking Hickey will always be one of the best moments in the series for me...

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 08:21 AM
As a big fan of the AC franchise, I can put that behind me and still really love Connor's story!I can but then I think about some of the missions and how they were some of the worst experiences in the series, most of sequence 8 comes to mind.

AC2_alex
06-10-2013, 08:28 AM
I can but then I think about some of the missions and how they were some of the worst experiences in the series, most of sequence 8 comes to mind.

Sequence 8... was that the prison cell bit? Yeah I've got to agree that was a head scratcher.

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 08:29 AM
I can but then I think about some of the missions and how they were some of the worst experiences in the series, most of sequence 8 comes to mind.
I think Sequences where freedom is taken for a bit are nice...like the prison chapter in Mafia II, but....AC III didn't have THAT much freedom in the first place for it to be taken away...definitely would`v been a good decision if there was ample freedom...AC I had linear missions, but were fine due to the HUGE amount of freedom the rest of the game offered...

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Sequence 8... was that the prison cell bit? Yeah I've got to agree that was a head scratcher.I liked the prison cell it was the missions before them, they are so bad it's not funny.

itsamea-mario
06-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Yeah, and he's got a fit bod..

TigerVsLion
06-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Connor is the only Assassin who doesn't fall over when bumping into people.
Connor is the only Assassin who can do a double takedown while in battle.
Connor is the only Assassin who can hunt animals.
Connor is the only Assassin who can climb trees.

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 11:13 AM
He also has better graphics..

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 11:14 AM
He also has better graphics..He also had the biggest Dev team.

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 11:15 AM
He also had the biggest Dev team.
and the hottest Programming lead

roostersrule2
06-10-2013, 11:17 AM
and the hottest Programming leadWait what did Jade Raymond do when she was there?

Assassin_M
06-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Wait what did Jade Raymond do when she was there?
Producer...

MasterAssasin84
06-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Ironicaly enough this thread has received less interest than why he hate Connor ( Considering the author was the same OP )

I said everything i had to say in the last thread as to why i dissagree Connor was a bad Protaganist ! , To say the least i though Connor was awesome .

avk111
06-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Hey fellas.

Well let me add my prespective on the matter, Connor's struggle and battle reminds me so much of the movie John Carter.

An outsider Who battles the "Aliens" battle. other than that I love the fact he is an outsider although he is connected to the order by a second degree.

His arsenal is so bad add. he can battle a whole army, he has a Naval ship & Crew, He has a bad *** home base.

What else, oh yeah the intersection of his personality between Fearsome fighter to Naieve native boy is absolute amazing GB.

His character is very similar to the Superman archetype , simple yet brave, noble and humble.

GW Thats it :)

Kit572
06-10-2013, 04:04 PM

Those are good points actually haha :)

ladyleonhart
06-22-2013, 08:58 PM
I love Connor because... his story is deep, he's caring and he fights for what he believes in. Some people may think he comes across as angry at times, but... aren't we ALL like that sometimes, and wouldn't YOU be the people you cared about or your home was threatened? Also, I think he has a pretty large number of reasons to be angry. ^^ He was very young when he lost his mother... That was so sad http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/frown.png and it made me cry ;>_<; No one deserves that... and then people wonder why he doesn't have a large grin on his face... Anyway, he must have felt so alone... until he met Achilles, who was like a father to him http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png

Anyway, what I also love about Connor, is that he respects everyone, including women. He respects living things, although... that may be more to do with the fact he's half Native American. ^_^ He goes out of his way to help everyone, especially if you actually play the entire game http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png I have 100% synchronization so I completed all the missions. ^_~ If you do that, you actually learn much more about Connor and find that there is actually a lot more to his personality. Also, I don't think I've EVER heard him use foul language and I don't think he's ever said a bad word about anyone for no reason or just to be mean. Oh yeah... and he's strong, loyal, takes responsibility for his own actions and never gives up!! :)

Also, he believes that everyone deserves freedom and I agree with him!! xD

Then, to conclude...

Connor is a kind-hearted soul who's just been misunderstood! ^_~

So, give him a chance people!!

avk111
06-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Well I would like to add that the main reason I love Connor's universe, is because the nitty gritty way the world is designed and shaped by the developers.

Its not entirely happy and its not entirely sad. The only happy place that came out of this is the Homestead, otherwise Boston, NewYork and the rest of the colonists city are just amazingly grey.

Not to mention I just love how Connor is always angry with a nice grim on his face, reminds me alot of characters like Judge Dredd and Batman.

Not to mention his double character which I emphasized about before , from Humble and kind land owner to ruthless ,savage, freedom fighter.

In my eyes he is the best Assassin so far.

Thank you :)

AdamPearce
06-23-2013, 08:24 AM
He is nice, but he has terrible rejoinders, thanks to the writers. I would like to meet him and spend time with him. he is the kind of man you'd like to go on a trip with. What else hmm, he haves nice hair, and actually he his the only one who really LOOKS like an Assassin. Ezio and Altair looks weack and fat while Connor looks shape and well trained. Liked his evolution, unfortunately it wasns't push enough, I liked sad Connor, unfortunetly it appears only for like 10 minutes in the whole game. :>

captin_qwark7
06-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Connors alright its just he spends most of his time acting sulky and pissed off. What made AC III unenjoyable for me was the boring setting, story and constant glitches which all built up into a big ball of hatred toward the game in general.
Oh wait was this the 'We love Connor thread'?

Oops...

Sushiglutton
06-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Connors alright its just he spends most of his time acting sulky and pissed off. What made AC III unenjoyable for me was the boring setting, story and constant glitches which all built up into a big ball of hatred toward the game in general.
Oh wait was this the 'We love Connor thread'?

Oops...

It's allright. The lovers hated on the haters in the hate thread, so you may hate on the lovers in the love thread.

avk111
06-23-2013, 01:28 PM
It's allright. The lovers hated on the haters in the hate thread, so you may hate on the lovers in the love thread.

Different characters speak to different people. Thats why they call it Mind Filters we all have different filters.

But what I have noticed mostly is folks like romanticized heroes arch-type example, Jak, Nathan Drake, Ezio Auditore, who else...

freddie_1897
06-23-2013, 06:14 PM
There we go, most of the spam threads are on the second page.

lothario-da-be
06-23-2013, 08:47 PM
I love Connor because he has real emotions. He is angry when his mother dies, happy when he can give the people in the homestead a home, sad when he killed hes best friend, regrett when he killed his father. THAT is what makes Connor such a unique and strong character.