PDA

View Full Version : PC Version Questions

jtburnett
05-10-2013, 12:40 PM
1) How do you perform a kill streak by using the keyboard? I've looked in the $28 'Official' Guidebook, in the Animus Training- in game, and the PC Key's Cheat sheet- nothing. It doesn't really suprise me; it's what I've come to expect from this company's miss handling in many areas.

2) Is there a website known that devotes itself entirely to PC play? I'm unable to use an XBox 360 Controller, and I find it extremely humorous that console players say by using a keyboard, it's nothing more than 'point & click" senario. Nothing can be further than the truth. There are a lot of popular good games that the programmers have incorporated 'special' moves by utilizing certain keystrokes along with R/L mouse clicks. Really no different than by how you use an XBox Controller- press 'A', then X', and at the same time move 'L Stick' in the opposite direction you want, all the while as you're standing on youir head facing West. This just verifies that UBIsoft doesn't know how to incorporate the keyboard properly through programming code.

Really, this is one long animation that's unlocked sequentially by successfully pressing certain button combinations in the right order and in the right time. There's not a lot of strategy or tactical planning required by the player. Yet the backgrounds, animation sequences, and the story line is interesting enough to entice the player to continue playing, rather than causing them to throw the game through the living room window.

Thank you.

Lignjoslav
05-10-2013, 01:55 PM
The same as in Brotherhood, while performing a kill, point to the closest opponent with keyboard and press left mouse button. Killstreaks in AC3 aren't quite as unstoppable as those in AC:B, though.

I don't think that there are any moves that can be performed with a controller that can't be done on a mouse and keyboard. Essentially, you have direction keys, armed hand, free hand, legs, head and high/low profile buttons. I don't think that there are any special combos, it's more contextual (attack near an object and Connor may use it to perform a kill; block and counter when two enemies are attacking you and it will perform a series of moves that will kill them both etc), other than that there aren't many special moves (I'd say fewer than in the previous games).

There are some nice special moves with the rope dart, though.

Anykeyer
05-10-2013, 07:23 PM
You cant jog with kb/mouse, and thats it XD

1. when killing someone hold direction (wsad) key and press left mouse button
2. combos are born from controller limitations. in most PC exclusive games combos are not used simply because there are more keys on keyboard. imagine having to perform lenghty combos to bind/call groups of units or construct buildings/train units in starcraft. that would be ret.arded.
Unlike most multiplatform games AC on PC just binds keys to virtual gamepad so its completelly the same on pc and consoles unlike, for example, skyrim.

jtburnett
05-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Ah! I bet that's been my problem. I wasn't holding the directional key, just moving/pointing that way. Thanks!