PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 - PS4 Conversation with Creators

pacmanate
05-09-2013, 05:09 PM
You can watch the video here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/09/assassins-creed-4-on-ps4-conversations-with-creators/

Will post a Youtube link here when its on Youtube.

montagemik
05-09-2013, 05:15 PM
I Assume that was PS4 footage ................................ If so , i'm quite pleased i'll be playing that on launch day .

"Bring me that Horizon"

pacmanate
05-09-2013, 05:17 PM
I Assume that was PS4 footage ................................ If so , i'm quite pleased i'll be playing that on launch day .

"Bring me that Horizon"

Hmm... I think it looks more like current gen footage. Look at 1:33 at the tiles. They look the worst they have ever been haha. However as the PS3 and 360 will also be seemless, you can tell there will be compromise.

lothario-da-be
05-09-2013, 05:42 PM
I still think the ps4 version won't differ much from current-gen. they won't significantly upgrade it for a minority.

pacmanate
05-09-2013, 05:46 PM
I still think the ps4 version won't differ much from current-gen. they won't significantly upgrade it for a minority.

But its being developed for PC. If anything the PS3 one is the one that needs more work as more stuff is removed.

ArabianFrost
05-09-2013, 05:48 PM
A crap ton of buzzwords, no new gameplay and pretty much no new info about the PS4 or AC4. This fails as marketing material for both the PS4 and AC4. Meh.

lothario-da-be
05-09-2013, 05:49 PM
But its being developed for PC. If anything the PS3 one is the one that needs more work as more stuff is removed.
So they make ac4 for next gen and port it to current?

EscoBlades
05-09-2013, 05:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lqt3UcAAiU

montagemik
05-09-2013, 06:01 PM

LOL - You have the development concept Backwards .................They currently 'Downgrade' their developed game in order to work on Current Gen PS3 / 360.

Next gen means Less compromise, less optimisation workarounds & less hassle .
That 'Minority' you're talking about is where the Industry is heading

I'm getting Buccaneer = PS3 & Black Chest = PS4 ............................I'll let you know how significant the difference between formats is on a HD-3D TV come launch day.

montagemik
05-09-2013, 06:15 PM
A crap ton of buzzwords, no new gameplay and pretty much no new info about the PS4 or AC4. This fails as marketing material for both the PS4 and AC4. Meh.

News on PS4 Features will be kept to a minimum until ALL next gen console release dates are confirmed .
Do you currently even have any interest in Next gen consoles or Next gen AC-4 ?

LOL Last year the Hype was too much - This year you say marketing fails ...............No pleasing some people.

Sushiglutton
05-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Ubisoft and Sony are partners and like to help eachother out. A harmless video (except for dat beard which will haunt me), but didn't really contain anything interesting. I doubt the footage is Ps4. I think it's from the PC as that is what WD and AC4 are being developed on.

twenty_glyphs
05-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Isn't this just the same footage from the trailer that came out a while back? The fact that they've had hardly anything to show for this game speaks volumes. Revelations' lack of substantive footage was similar, except they waited until May to reveal the game in the first place, reducing the time without footage or info. Still, over the summer after E3 lots of us were worried that there was no footage or info for a long time. I would expect whatever this game's called to have more footage by the summer at least since it's supposed to have been in development for almost 2 years.

pacmanate
05-09-2013, 07:29 PM
News on PS4 Features will be kept to a minimum until ALL next gen console release dates are confirmed .
Do you currently even have any interest in Next gen consoles or Next gen AC-4 ?

LOL Last year the Hype was too much - This year you say marketing fails ...............No pleasing some people.

I actually prefer the marketing this time. It never said conversation about the game anyway, it was about the Developers and the PS4, which is what the video did.

Will_Lucky
05-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Isn't this just the same footage from the trailer that came out a while back? The fact that they've had hardly anything to show for this game speaks volumes. Revelations' lack of substantive footage was similar, except they waited until May to reveal the game in the first place, reducing the time without footage or info. Still, over the summer after E3 lots of us were worried that there was no footage or info for a long time. I would expect whatever this game's called to have more footage by the summer at least since it's supposed to have been in development for almost 2 years.

Bah, same thing happens every time. Gets a CGI trailer in March, gameplay trailer in April and we should get gameplay at E3 like every other title before it. Then at Gamescom in August they tend to have a more developer oriented thing going on with another trailer and more gameplay ect. Nothing has really changed.

In regards to the PS4 stuff, well first of all the Anvil-Next engine will actually be running on a console that can take advantage of it. Nothing annoyed me more in AC3 than the framerate, felt sluggish compared to the past games. That engine was not designed for the 360/PS3. Hopefully the PS4 will get that running nicely and add some nice new features.

stingray110
05-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Can somone explain to me what 'Companion mode' is? 'In development for two years', hmmm... Graphics haven't improved that much and it looks very similar to Ac3, so far there are very few improvements except for a better location (finally some colour).

pacmanate
05-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Can somone explain to me what 'Companion mode' is? 'In development for two years', hmmm... Graphics haven't improved that much and it looks very similar to Ac3, so far there are very few improvements except for a better location (finally some colour).

Companion mode I think they were talking about the PS4's Share function