PDA

View Full Version : question about multiplayer between ps3 and ps4 ac4 black flag

GnomerPile
05-08-2013, 05:03 PM
To Mr. Shade or anyone else in the know.

My question is If I am on a ps4 version of Ac 4 would I be able to multiplayer with/against some one who is using the ps3 version??

Thanks

montagemik
05-08-2013, 05:16 PM
It's a NICE idea , but i don't think it's possible/ likely . PS4 to PS4 & a smaller playerbase is more likely.

Though i wouldn't be surprised if both PS3 & PS4 versions still use the old AC-B / AC-R / AC-3 multiplayer engine .

pacmanate
05-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Hmm... good question. I don't even know if Shade is functioning, he messed up his hand pretty good last week.

hoodrat94
05-08-2013, 05:55 PM
As both of the platforms will be using PSN i guess it might just happen!

STDlyMcStudpants
05-08-2013, 06:49 PM
To Mr. Shade or anyone else in the know.

My question is If I am on a ps4 version of Ac 4 would I be able to multiplayer with/against some one who is using the ps3 version??

Thanks

I would say 99% YES...PS3 and PS4 are not competitors....ps4 doesnt make your internet go faster or anything like that..you have no advantage over anyone playing on ps3 at all.
BUT where my 1% comes in is that PS3 games dont work on PS4 so they technically aren't the same game and may require different servers to function properly just as your PSN purchases won't be transferred over to your ps4 because they just wont work...meaning the cross compatibility is much more than just an eye issue.

ArabianFrost
05-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Isn't PSN the same on all platforms?

STDlyMcStudpants
05-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Isn't PSN the same on all platforms?
That cant be given a definitive answer as none of us have experienced the PS4 yet..
The thing about digital copies not working on your ps4 point to a big no.

ArabianFrost
05-08-2013, 10:20 PM
That cant be given a definitive answer as none of us have experienced the PS4 yet..
The thing about digital copies not working on your ps4 point to a big no.

Regardless of the market and games, the network itself connects to PSN online consoles. The vita, the PS3 and probably the PS4 sill be on the same grid, so why not?

GnomerPile
05-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Only reason I have asked this is that I dont want to buy one Copy for ps3 and one for ps4. The Ps3 copy would be so I could multiplay with or against my nephew
you know what I mean

montagemik
05-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Regardless of the market and games, the network itself connects to PSN online consoles. The vita, the PS3 and probably the PS4 sill be on the same grid, so why not?

Vita games were specifically coded to work with both PS3 & future PS4 .
PS3 games aren't coded to work with PS4 as far as i know. ................................It's not as simple as 'Same Network' ..

Take two PC's different specs - Play AC3 multiplayer together .............let me know the stability & outcome using P2P connectivity .
I can only imagine there'd be problems.

TheContractDust
09-20-2013, 01:11 AM
I'm gonna say no. While the Ps4 requires you to have a PS+ subscription (similar to xbox live) to play online, the Ps3 multiplayer will be free. So why bother paying when you can get the free version? If sony DID allow you to play across both, I'm sure people would choose the free version over the ps4 version, unless people wanted to have better graphics - most likely not a big factor for the people buying solely for the multiplayer.

If you could play across both consoles, my suggestion would be to get it for both ps3 and ps4 ( only $10 extra (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/19/how-to-upgrade-select-ps3-games-to-their-ps4-versions/?CMP=social_20130919_12116974)), playing the multiplayer for free on the ps3 version with ps4 players, and playing the single player on the more powerful console.