PDA

View Full Version : Devs, Please give edward the cape as shown on many magazine covers!!

projectpat06
05-08-2013, 08:43 AM
This may be a little picky but there is an awesome picture of edward with a cape on his outfit. None of the other screenshots show him with one but I think it would be awesome to have an outfit with the cape the ability to buy the cape then equip or unequip it. Ezio was shown with one in the revelations CGI trailer then we obviously didnt get that. The one on Haytham looks great so I'd like to see one given to edward. Or possibly have an outfit similar to Haytham's with a cape and tricorne hat.

http://www.ultraimg.com/images/qenFQ.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121130151356/assassinscreed/images/1/1c/ACIII-HaythamKenway.png

pacmanate
05-08-2013, 09:09 AM
I agree, I also wanted Connor in his bear skin cape but we never got it :|

Legendz54
05-08-2013, 09:22 AM
They better.. I mean how hard would it be to add a damn cape... its so easy but they never do it..

LoyalACFan
05-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah, that cape is ludicrously awesome.

TinyTemplar
05-08-2013, 10:51 AM
I think we will get the cape later in the game, because here on the picture Edward's figure has it

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130325231950/assassinscreed/images/5/5f/Buccaneer_edition.jpg

montagemik
05-08-2013, 11:13 AM
I agree, I also wanted Connor in his bear skin cape but we never got it :|

Yeah , but then again - They never used the bearskin cape outfit on any officially released product - So I think the long coat is far more likely .........................

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/montagemik/EDWARDAC4COAT.jpg (http://s819.photobucket.com/user/montagemik/media/EDWARDAC4COAT.jpg.html)

ZeSpecter
05-08-2013, 11:13 AM
I definitely think we'll get it in AC4, if not, there would be no point in showing it in the first place. I hope we will be able to wear it in "freeroam" and on missions though and not just see it on the cutscenes.

TinyTemplar
05-08-2013, 11:19 AM
That cape is so cool, I didn't think about it before. I'm definetly going to buy the game now))

prince162010
05-08-2013, 11:40 AM
I really agree plz Devs put this awesome cape in the game

Farlander1991
05-08-2013, 11:40 AM
They better.. I mean how hard would it be to add a damn cape... its so easy but they never do it..

its so easy but they never do it..

Sigh... why do people always say that?

montagemik
05-08-2013, 11:44 AM

Lack of understanding usually :nonchalance: ...............Ever tried explaining to a Kid 'Why they can't have what they want' ?? - They'll rarely be satisfied with the answer .

Legendz54
05-08-2013, 11:45 AM

??? It does look like in AC4 that we will be getting a cape this time, Its very easy to add, In revelations we had it but only for one mission, Its not that hard to add a mechanic to buy a cape. just saying..

lothario-da-be
05-08-2013, 11:48 AM
He probably won't have it. But i hope its official, even when it clips trough everything.capes are awesome.

TinyTemplar
05-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Is there any way to ask Ubisoft about the cape? I won't survive another dissapointment.

lothario-da-be
05-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Is there any way to ask Ubisoft about the cape? I won't survive another dissapointment.
Even when they say yes there's 80% chance it won't be in the game.

pacmanate
05-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Haytham had a cape... all they have to do is extend it and rework the texture on it and fiddle around.

lothario-da-be
05-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Haytham had a cape... all they have to do is extend it and rework the texture on it and fiddle around.
But it clips through the horse its ***, and you want to extend it?

Farlander1991
05-08-2013, 11:59 AM
??? It does look like in AC4 that we will be getting a cape this time, Its very easy to add, In revelations we had it but only for one mission, Its not that hard to add a mechanic to buy a cape. just saying..

Say that to Ezio costume's cape from AC3 :p

Okay, granted, it does look like there will be a cape/longcoat kind of thing in AC4, BUT, I just have issues with statements like 'very easy to add'.

Here's what, in a generalized way, has to be done to add a cape/coat:
1. Model it (obviously).
2. Rig it to the character.
3. Program in the correct physics behaviour.
4. Texture it. (and if you can have different colors: more texturing)
5. Program in the application of water and blood towards it (and, depending on how exactly it's done, possibly even more texture work for that... though blood stains are probably just sprites added over).
6. Make sure that all the animation works properly with the cape as it does without it (and if the cape for some reason clips too much or starts to act wonky, adjust the animation).
7. If the cape is buyable, program in the way it's equipped and unequipped.
8. Test everything to make sure it works correctly and fix bugs if found.

I might even have missed a few other general statements, and I'm not going to go into details (because the details also depend on how exactly something is implemented in the game and what the usual work flow of the team is, and I don't know that). But, the point is, this 'oh, it's very easy to do' is usually not that easy to do. I mean, sure, in comparison it's a lot easier than a lot of other features, relatively speaking, but... That's just a small part of the whole scope that is an open-world game like Assassin's Creed. And I doubt that a cape/coat is on the higher part of the priority list, understandably so.

ArabianFrost
05-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Maybe they can't be bothered to code a cape? Maybe the physics behind it is complex? The cape is menial to the game, so they probably just work on it if they have some free time at the end of the process.

Legendz54
05-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Say that to Ezio costume's cape from AC3 :p

Okay, granted, it does look like there will be a cape/longcoat kind of thing in AC4, BUT, I just have issues with statements like 'very easy to add'.

Here's what, in a generalized way, has to be done to add a cape/coat:
1. Model it (obviously).
2. Rig it to the character.
3. Program in the correct physics behaviour.
4. Texture it. (and if you can have different colors: more texturing)
5. Program in the application of water and blood towards it (and, depending on how exactly it's done, possibly even more texture work for that... though blood stains are probably just sprites added over).
6. Make sure that all the animation works properly with the cape as it does without it (and if the cape for some reason clips too much or starts to act wonky, adjust the animation).
7. If the cape is buyable, program in the way it's equipped and unequipped.
8. Test everything to make sure it works correctly and fix bugs if found.

I might even have missed a few other general statements, and I'm not going to go into details (because the details also depend on how exactly something is implemented in the game and what the usual work flow of the team is, and I don't know that). But, the point is, this 'oh, it's very easy to do' is usually not that easy to do. I mean, sure, in comparison it's a lot easier than a lot of other features, relatively speaking, but... That's just a small part of the whole scope that is an open-world game like Assassin's Creed. And I doubt that a cape/coat is on the higher part of the priority list, understandably so.

I understand where you are coming from but If they can create massive, epic and intense ship battles with water and bits of boat exploding everywhere then they can make a cape. There are more important things to worry about but it never hurts to put in some extra stuff. And Ezio's cape was just a shoulder one, I would like them to add a full on cape that we can put on our player 100% through the game.

Farlander1991
05-08-2013, 12:23 PM
And Ezio's cape was just a shoulder one, I would like them to add a full on cape that we can put on our player 100% through the game.

The point I was trying to make about Ezio's cape in AC3 is that it sucked. It looked bad and didn't behave properly.

Legendz54
05-08-2013, 12:27 PM
The point I was trying to make about Ezio's cape in AC3 is that it sucked. It looked bad and didn't behave properly.

It did?? never tried Ezio's gear.

Sushiglutton
05-08-2013, 12:27 PM
The cape is def very cool. I'd rather have that than a bunch of the old outfits that will feel out of place.

Farlander1991
05-08-2013, 12:32 PM
It did?? never tried Ezio's gear.

Yeah, it pretty much was like a plank wobbling around Connor's back. Altair's costume, btw, was much worse, though. The lower parts of the robe were stuck to his legs like glue (and its texture was very glossy in a weird way, and there were parts where there would be just holes where you could see through the whole model).

What I am trying to say is... Yes, if they can make sea battles with all the little bits and pieces exploding and wind and water drops and all that, they CAN make a cape. Yes, it doesn't hurt to add some extra stuff that's not as high on the priority list. But it still takes time and effort to implement properly, and you know, personally, if I would have to choose between 'no cape/coat' and 'cape/coat like Ezio or Altair costume in AC3 because they wanted this cool little thing but didn't have time and/or manpower to make it properly'... I would choose 'no cape/coat'.

Legendz54
05-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Yeah, it pretty much was like a plank wobbling around Connor's back. Altair's costume, btw, was much worse, though. The lower parts of the robe were stuck to his legs like glue (and its texture was very glossy in a weird way, and there were parts where there would be just holes where you could see through the whole model).

What I am trying to say is... Yes, if they can make sea battles with all the little bits and pieces exploding and wind and water drops and all that, they CAN make a cape. Yes, it doesn't hurt to add some extra stuff that's not as high on the priority list. But it still takes time and effort to implement properly, and you know, personally, if I would have to choose between 'no cape/coat' and 'cape/coat like Ezio or Altair costume in AC3 because they wanted this cool little thing but didn't have time and/or manpower to make it properly'... I would choose 'no cape/coat'.

I would choose the same, I saw Altairs result which was yuck.. By the looks of it we might be having capes this year.. so lets hope they pull it off.

prince162010
05-08-2013, 01:06 PM
I will make a Poll for this .maybe ubisoft listen to us

pacmanate
05-08-2013, 01:07 PM
I will make a Poll for this .maybe ubisoft listen to us

Polls dont work so dont bother

montagemik
05-08-2013, 02:31 PM
The Edward Pirate Coat is a 'Sony Next Gen Exclusive' ......................along with pistol holders :p

( Imagine the outrage this would cause for some ;) )

kriegerdesgottes
05-08-2013, 03:11 PM
I will agree, the cape does look awesome. I hope it's at least an option.

AjinkyaParuleka
05-08-2013, 03:52 PM
If it has physics and swords won't clip through them...then amen.

DisbandedBox359
05-08-2013, 04:45 PM
cape sure but no haytham hat, i like my assassins hooded

pacmanate
05-08-2013, 05:18 PM
If it has physics and swords won't clip through them...then amen.

Oo.. clipping :@

projectpat06
05-08-2013, 10:54 PM
It would be easiest to just make the cape an outfit similar to the coat outfit shown below. I would rather them spend the time to do that than give us Altair's outfit once again.
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/montagemik/EDWARDAC4COAT.jpg

They already have clothing physics for a cape as well as a long coat as seen in Haytham's outfit and the Captain Kidd outfit.
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-3/thumb/2/29/IMG_20121106_173440.jpg/468px-IMG_20121106_173440.jpg

And I do agree that as an Assassin, the hood is always more preferred than a tricorne hat, but Edward is also a ship captain so it would be cool to have a special outfit that we earn later on. Or give us an outfit that we acquire from a british officer. I still think having certain perks with each outfit gives the player more incentive to acquire them and gives the player more options in how they play and approach an endless amount of assassinations and side missions. That's if Ubisoft finally does the random events like we've asked
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/5/58/AC3_Connor_as_Captain.png

Kaschra
05-09-2013, 12:09 AM
That cape looks really badass. I hope they include it in the game.

Megas_Doux
05-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Awesome??????????
HELL YES!!!!!!

Easy to do?????
Do not think so....

LoyalACFan
05-09-2013, 01:09 AM
Awesome??????????
HELL YES!!!!!!

Easy to do?????
Do not think so....

This. I remember Rocksteady once describing how much trouble they had to go through to make Batman's cape look right. Yikes. Granted, this coat is a lot less dramatic than Bats' cape, but still.

projectpat06
05-09-2013, 03:02 AM
This. I remember Rocksteady once describing how much trouble they had to go through to make Batman's cape look right. Yikes. Granted, this coat is a lot less dramatic than Bats' cape, but still.

I'm not expecting the level of detail of Batman's cape from the arkham games. I just want them to implement the same physics they used with haytham's cape. Haytham also had coat tails which the physics where fine as they were. Connor's assassin robes and captain outfit both had coat tails and great physics so it shouldn't be hard literally copy and paste something they already have. But then again, I'm no computer programmer so what do I know.

Kaiyoto
05-09-2013, 03:08 AM
I want a cape, can I haz cape? :D

montagemik
05-09-2013, 11:36 AM
I want a cape, can I haz cape? :D

Yes - You can definately HAZ / acquire the Long Brown Coat/Cape shown in the collectible diorama ...........................;) but some clipping is likely