PDA

View Full Version : So who is the assassin that recruits Edward?

silvermercy
05-08-2013, 12:34 AM
And do you think he will be a playable character? :eek:

Also, let's guess the color of his robes! xD
And where he will originally be from...

Bashilir
05-08-2013, 01:56 AM

Also, let's guess the color of his robes! xD
And where he will originally be from...

NO. I do NOT want to play as another character before the main protagonist. It was super boring in AC3 when you play as Haytham, as the pacing is too.. SLOW. I guess White and green. We haven't seen an Assassin with some green accents on his robes. Whatever his robes are like, give me them. Have me complete all missions(like Homestead missions) to unlock their outfit. Oh, and can we have a female mentor? I feel like this would be interesting and new.

Megas_Doux
05-08-2013, 02:30 AM
It intrigues me, yes.....He/she must have a PRETTY strong personality in order to straighten Edward to point of going to the opera....
However, even though AC· is my favorite in the series,I prefer not having two "protagonists" again.

projectpat06
05-08-2013, 04:07 AM
I honestly liked playing as Haytham and would be all for them introducing us to Edward while playing as another character (aka his mentor or recruiter). If they do this again, they just need to make the game longer so we play good bit more as edward in the story and not just in the side quests and homestead type missions. I think the AC3 developers thought that Connor's story was beefed up enough when you played all the side content, and it was. The problem with that was that many people only played the main story the first time through and got a bad taste in their mouth

Sushiglutton
05-08-2013, 12:33 PM
It's a very hard question actually. Do we even know why the Templars/Assassin's are interested in the Caribbean? I suppose it's some hidden artifact :p. I wonder if the mentor will be English, French or Spanish, or something else. I feel like we almost know too little to speculate. I doubt any other character than ourselves and Edward will be playable. I get the impression Ubi is aware of that they need to simplify things a bot to increase the quality. But what do I know :D?

dxsxhxcx
05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
for this character to be a playable character he has to have something in common with the owner of the DNA being explored, IMO it would be too convenient if that was the case...

pacmanate
05-08-2013, 05:23 PM
£10 on Haytham. Any takers?

MasterSimaYi
05-08-2013, 05:34 PM

So... the Assassin that recruits Edward would coincidentally also be from William's/Desmond's bloodline (or from somebody else's), and then the research analyst will abruptly stop reliving that Assassin's memories to jump to Edward's right at the point where he is recruited? I don't think that would happen.

It's a very hard question actually. Do we even know why the Templars/Assassin's are interested in the Caribbean? I suppose it's some hidden artifact :p.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/14178/article/assassin-s-creed-4-main-character-details-templar-plot-revealed/

Megas_Doux
05-18-2013, 04:33 PM
I was thinking, so......What about this guy?????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Charles_Johnson

http://amhistory.si.edu/onthewater/assets/graphic/full/2001.jpg

" He is British author of the 1724 book A General History of the Robberies and Murders of the most notorious Pyrates, whose identity remains a mystery. No record of a captain by this name exists."

Or may be, that is Edward Himself.....

pacmanate
05-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Or... Its Haytham.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-18-2013, 06:36 PM
I actually enjoyed playing as Haytham...but its been 2 ACs in a row we've played as 2 characters...this time around, i believe no...
*SPOILER ALERT*
>
>
>
>
> Edward dies when Haytham is fairly young, so I don't think we would be playing as him at all.

Spider_Sith9
05-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Wait a sec. If Haytham is his son and NOT an Assassin. How is he gonna train him?

Bashilir
05-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Or... Its Haytham.

So, you're saying Haytham, which is Edward's son, is going to train his father? I think you're confused.

silvermercy
05-18-2013, 09:55 PM
So, you're saying Haytham, which is Edward's son, is going to train his father? I think you're confused.
I'm sure it's Connor who trains Edward!! Maybe Desmond, too.

pacmanate
05-18-2013, 10:31 PM

Why can no one take a joke anymore :(

silvermercy
05-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Hey, it was joke. lol :p

Assassin_M
05-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Assassin_M recruits Edward

Bashilir
05-18-2013, 10:41 PM

Wait a second.. the M in your name doesn't stand for "Mentor" does it? If it does, I feel incredibly stupid right now.

LoyalACFan
05-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Edward's commission was with Benjamin Hornigold, who eventually became a pirate hunter. They said some pirates will be Templars, so Hornigold could be an Assassin going after them. As for his robes, he won't wear any. Al Mualim was the only mentor who actually wore robes.

rob.davies2014
05-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Al Mualim was the only mentor who actually wore robes.
Except for Ezio and Altair.

Spider_Sith9
05-18-2013, 11:28 PM

Maybe it's You! @_@

Why can no one take a joke anymore :(

You actually thought we weren't aware of that? :D

We already established that Haytham doesn't recruit Edward. ;D

silvermercy
05-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Maybe it's You! @_@
omg you caught me! :eek:

pacmanate
05-18-2013, 11:42 PM
You actually thought we weren't aware of that? :D

Was talking about this :p

Bashilir
05-19-2013, 12:04 AM
Was talking about this :p

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/SSG101/JokesOnYou.jpg

Cornik22
05-19-2013, 02:19 AM
It's Hornigold for sure, but he will eventually turn to the templar side. Just like Vane.

MasterAssasin84
05-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Again this is one of the big questions on everyone mind ! how and when will Edward encounter the Assassins ? i will say that i dont want to play as a secondary protagonist like we did in AC3 but i would like Edwards first encounter with the Assassins interactive rather than just cut scenes because i did feel in AC3 that when Connor encountered Achillies his introduction to the brotherhood was rushed, so i would like to see Edwards encounter and introduction more indepth.

But i am thinking on the lines of we will encounter the Assassins first in Havana as it looksm like a Templar breeding ground ? i could be wrong .