PDA

View Full Version : How do you think free running and combat will be improved to accommodate ships?

projectpat06
05-07-2013, 02:05 PM
So with AC3, free running was greatly improved upon. Improvements such as allowing us to move the camera around, giving us a good mixture of vaulting moves, running through building interiors, actually being able to just drop down off a building instead of leaping out or initiating a climbing sequence, etc. And of course some old mechanics like the rope pulley and corner swing returned as well. So with a good bit of the game taking place on ships, do you think they will improve the free running at all or add new features to make the ships more fun to climb on. If so then what???

Same for combat. Will they improve combat to allow for fighting close quarters. Possibly shooting from cover this time around?

As for off the ships, are there any improvements to free running or combat that you would like to see?

LoyalACFan
05-07-2013, 02:07 PM
The Jackdaw will probably have some kind of pulley system to get Edward to the top of the mast quickly, just like the Aquila did. Further than that, I have no idea.

Legendz54
05-07-2013, 02:09 PM
The cinematic trailer, Use ropes to swing around to places and other ships... something i hope they will add.

Sushiglutton
05-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah I also associate ropes a lot with ships, so maybe they will do something with that. Shooting from cover I don't think they will add (for one they have denied a crouch button, so I doubt we can take cover). It's a good point that ship combat will be quite tight. Haven't thought of it. Maybe there will be special moves when your close to a wall. Some way of repositioning ourselves relative the enemies would be welcome.

montagemik
05-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Combat on ships will probably involve environmental elements ...........like the Biddle Cabin fight in AC 3 .

And maybe all rigging on ships will be climbable this time around.

projectpat06
05-07-2013, 02:25 PM
I was thinking being able to shoot while hanging from a rope or climbing up a ladder or rope ladder would be cool. This could be extended to hanging from a rope up high and tossing down a smoke grenade then dropping onto ur enemies to break your fall and proceed to slaughter. Shimming across a rope military style like Sam Fisher would be cool for stealth situations. I really hope the pulley system does return since we barely got to use it in Ac3

The main thing I hope they do is account for the waves and the weather. Of course we know edward will be an expert climber but climbing during a storm while boat is jerked back and forth could still cause him to slip a little bit or loose his grip from one hand. We could also see other pirates get thrown off or lose their balance.

Bastiaen
05-07-2013, 05:43 PM
I really want to be able to swing on ropes like in the trailer. It would bring me right back to prince of persia.

pacmanate
05-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Doubt it, what free running would you do on a ship.