PDA

View Full Version : Small AC2 Quirk I'm Wondering About

Lantrozous
05-07-2013, 10:08 AM
So I was looking back through all my 100% saves from each AC game, and with AC2, I noticed something odd. In the "Conspirators" section of the in-game menu, both Rodrigo Borgia and Dante are highlighted, even though Dante was taken care of well before the end of the game. You can see it for yourself here.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_RU8vXW4WLqU/S9UNG5-WuII/AAAAAAAARq8/5FVVKPZqkOA/AssassinsCreedIIGame%202010-04-12%2018-50-31-41.jpg

This isn't an issue by any stretch, but I was just wondering if everyone else experiences this as well.

Sushiglutton
05-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Tbh I wasn't even aware this conspiracy map existed. Ezio sure bathed in blood by the end! Don't know why Dante is highlighted, guess it's some kind of bug?

Lantrozous
05-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Tbh I wasn't even aware this conspiracy map existed. Ezio sure bathed in blood by the end! Don't know why Dante is highlighted, guess it's some kind of bug?

So are you saying you got it too? I'd like to get just one other person to check their save...

LoyalACFan
05-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Yep, same thing on my save. I guess it might just be a glitch, since Dante was your last assassination target who you actually killed (barring the DLC).

Farlander1991
05-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Ah, conspirators map...

I remember when I first saw it it gave me a false sense of future investigation missions (ala AC1 but better :D ) to uncover who the conspirators are, but in the end all of them were given to us on a silver platter.

LoyalACFan
05-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Ah, conspirators map...

I remember when I first saw it it gave me a false sense of future investigation missions (ala AC1 but better :D ) to uncover who the conspirators are, but in the end all of them were given to us on a silver platter.

Well, come on, let's be honest; AC1 offered them all up to you as well. Sure, you had to get info on your target, but all of the investigations were marked on your map and were easy as hell to complete. The thing AC1 really got right, above all else, was the non-linear assassination mission structure. I think people remember the investigations a bit too fondly in retrospect, as there really wasn't much to them.

ProletariatPleb
05-07-2013, 12:50 PM
^I liked investigations because they added backstory and got to know a bit more of the lore, that's why I did all of the 9 types and not any 3.

Farlander1991
05-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Well, come on, let's be honest; AC1 offered them all up to you as well. Sure, you had to get info on your target, but all of the investigations were marked on your map and were easy as hell to complete.

In defence of AC1, the BIG difference is that AC1 is fully complete-able WITHOUT a HUD (which is the only way I'm playing AC1 now, btw), meaning that you can't just go to a marker and complete the investigation, you have to actually go around the city near the locations you were told and look for audio and visual cues. And eagle vision was useful too. Which is the direction, at the time of AC2's release, I thought they'd go, make those audio and visual cues matter and make investigations interesting even with map and hud, but they didn't.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
05-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Yea I've seen this before too

SixKeys
05-07-2013, 03:25 PM
In defence of AC1, the BIG difference is that AC1 is fully complete-able WITHOUT a HUD (which is the only way I'm playing AC1 now, btw), meaning that you can't just go to a marker and complete the investigation, you have to actually go around the city near the locations you were told and look for audio and visual cues. And eagle vision was useful too. Which is the direction, at the time of AC2's release, I thought they'd go, make those audio and visual cues matter and make investigations interesting even with map and hud, but they didn't.

IMO Eagle Vision was pretty useless in AC1, even without the HUD. It's a pain to use because it makes everything so blurry and you can't walk and use it at the same time. So you can't really use it to find your target in a crowd, you have to stand still to identify them, so you already pretty much have to know who or where they are. The only time it came in handy was in the Jubair mission.

I do agree about the audio cues, I miss those. In AC1 I could navigate my way around Damascus and know exactly how far I am from the market just by listening to the sounds, and because all the other heralds say the same things, it's easy to pick up on the ones talking about something relevant to your mission.