PDA

View Full Version : Edward must be able to throw stuff.

Sidizen
05-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Connor, besides axes, couldn't throw stuff like Ezio could. Please Ubisoft read this because I think it would be super cool if Edward could throw beer bottles ;)! The fans would love it. Please comment if you agree or disagree.

silvermercy
05-06-2013, 09:35 PM
I'd like to see him throw stuff like squid, sponges, octopuses... For the squid there would be a special "ink attack" move straight to the opponent's eye. :D

Oh and skulls! Yes, skulls! :cool: He's a pirate...

Sidizen
05-06-2013, 10:49 PM
I'd like to see him throw stuff like squid, sponges, octopuses... For the squid there would be a special "ink attack" move straight to the opponent's eye. :D

Oh and skulls! Yes, skulls! :cool: He's a pirate...

Yes!!!:cool:

MARV3L3D GAM3R
05-07-2013, 04:31 AM
This really belongs in the AC4 Features that we would like to see... but i cant seem to find it.

In AC3 Connor was able to throw targets into breakable objects (example: in the bar you could break chairs, tables, barrels and slam the foe into the bar)....Loved this feature.... but would love to see more of it. Throw someone over his head into a breakable table, over a bar, through windows in the streets, or into Polls/posts... throw people face first into walls, Would like to pick up chairs and break them over someones head or back if they are not paying attention. Break torches would be cool feature with a small explosion that would hurt people in the direction of the swing. (bottle could work too... temporarily stun people perhaps.)

Things to throw like Knives, Skulls, Bottles, Torches, sand, Octopus, Slap someone with a fish, bombs (should make a comeback)

Could we add a fire spit feature...would be epic. force someone to slip on whale oil (used to light torches), Beard pull with a swing throw feature would be cool.

Assassin_M
05-07-2013, 04:40 AM
Connor, besides axes, couldn't throw stuff like Ezio could. Please Ubisoft read this because I think it would be super cool if Edward could throw beer bottles ;)! The fans would love it. Please comment if you agree or disagree.
Ezio threw stuff ?? which Ezio ? Auditore ?

Legendz54
05-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Well apparently during fights we can use beer bottles or whatever is around us quickly as weapons.

monster_rambo
05-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Well apparently during fights we can use beer bottles or whatever is around us quickly as weapons.

Yea, more quicktime events. Exactly what I wanted.

pacmanate
05-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Yea, more quicktime events. Exactly what I wanted.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!

I would like more interactive things. It wouldnt be that hard to do. You already have a pickup option for muskets, why not just apply it to beer bottles, a broom etc.

Farlander1991
05-07-2013, 01:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!

I would like more interactive things. It wouldnt be that hard to do. You already have a pickup option for muskets, why not just apply it to beer bottles, a broom etc.

Scope, really. I don't know about you, but if environment objects are all to be picked up and used, I would love them to be implemented properly, not like in AC2/ACB where it's just a mace animation set with the same sound effects (because I guess they just made the broom a mace class object). And that's extra scope. Additional sounds. Additional animations. Additional properties (for example, objects like bottles break - and in a 'just a counter animation' way you don't even have to set that up as a property, it's just part of animation, but now you have to take that into account if it's a useable object). And a number of other little things, that when you sum that all up, that's not exactly so little work anymore.

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb has a very good combat system that's based on all kinds of environmental objects. I mean, you can pick up a chair there, break it over somebody's head, and then pick up the chair's leg and use it as a club. And that's really cool. But scope wise, AC games are MUCH MUCH bigger than Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, so... Yeah.

And there's the core weapons combat system that AC has yet to perfect (although I think that AC3 combat system is so far the best, still room to work with), that I think should be a much higher priority.

Sushiglutton
05-07-2013, 01:59 PM
I would like to throw stuff to lure guards, that's a good feature.

Farlander1991
05-07-2013, 02:22 PM
I would like to throw stuff to lure guards, that's a good feature.

Isn't that already present in form of coins?

Sushiglutton
05-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Isn't that already present in form of coins?

Was thinking more of throwing bottles in Hitman kind of thing. So that guards move away from your possition.

Farlander1991
05-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Was thinking more of throwing bottles in Hitman kind of thing. So that guards move away from your possition.

Oh, I see. Or dice from your avatar's FC3 Blood Dragon :p (Or, well, diverison bombs from AC: Revelations).

Though, personally, I always liked coins more than bombs. Felt more in line with social stealth, while stuff like diversion bomb feels like, well, just stealth. (While I think you know my opinion that AC really needs more of the first :D )

Plus, drawing attention to yourself (throwing coins close range) to remove attention from yourself is cooler :D

Sushiglutton
05-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Oh, I see. Or dice from your avatar's FC3 Blood Dragon :p (Or, well, diverison bombs from AC: Revelations).

Though, personally, I always liked coins more than bombs. Felt more in line with social stealth, while stuff like diversion bomb feels like, well, just stealth. (While I think you know my opinion that AC really needs more of the first :D )

Plus, drawing attention to yourself (throwing coins close range) to remove attention from yourself is cooler :D

Yeah didn't mention Farcry because I don't want to seem too narrow minded ;). To be perfectly honest I'm not really sure what effect coins have on guards. I thought they just attracted the crowd, so I basically never use it. But you say that guards will go to that position too? I have to agree it's pretty bad *** to lure guards towards you instead of away. Should be a cheaper way though :D

Farlander1991
05-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Yeah didn't mention Farcry because I don't want to seem too narrow minded ;). To be perfectly honest I'm not really sure what effect coins have on guards. I thought they just attracted the crowd, so I basically never use it. But you say that guards will go to that position too? I have to agree it's pretty bad *** to lure guards towards you instead of away. Should be a cheaper way though :D

I actually don't know if that's the way guards behave in AC3 (I NEVER threw coins there because there really was no need to...), but I remember in AC2/ACB the simpler non-captain guards could be distracted by coins (I would get a number of codex pages that way).

EDIT: Or at least they're attracted to the commotion, I guess? O_o

Sushiglutton
05-07-2013, 03:04 PM
I actually don't know if that's the way guards behave in AC3 (I NEVER threw coins there because there really was no need to...), but I remember in AC2/ACB the simpler non-captain guards could be distracted by coins (I would get a number of codex pages that way).

EDIT: Or at least they're attracted to the commotion, I guess? O_o

First I complain about the lack of experimentation and then I have no idea what the tools we get do lol. That's the kind of fans you'll have to face (palm)! I thought the use was basically to help you escape by creating human obstaclkes for your pursuers. And also to get rid of beggars. I have to work on my coin-throwing that's for sure!

SixKeys
05-07-2013, 03:36 PM
The low-rank guards in AC2 (and probably ACB) will go after the coins after you throw more than one handful. I often use it to sneak past them into an area with a treasure chest, it's funnier than killing them.

I would love for us to be able to throw stuff to attract guards to a different location. That's one of the few features I miss from ACR, the distraction bombs.

Bastiaen
05-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I want to be able to throw any and all weapons.

Sidizen
10-10-2013, 06:14 PM
I agree

roostersrule2
10-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Yes!

Throwing stuff was fun, Ezio could throw for miles too haha.