PDA

View Full Version : Are the rest of the games as bad as ac2 ?

hlms-4896
05-06-2013, 08:20 PM
i played ac1 last december and i fell in love with it. the setting, characters, intrigue and gameplay. sure it was repetitive, but it felt right. an assassin job is sorta repetitive, but then i got ac2. the cities were beautiful, ezio was great, but everything else was BAD. gone is the grey conflict, the intrigue, the investigation, the freedom, the difficulty and the smoothly flowing combat just why ?? that game could`v been as great or even better than ac1 it had it all beautiful setting, terrific ost, great character but it wasn't enough

i ask you guys, the hardcore fans, are the games after ac2 like this ? and which should i play first ?acbro or acrev? in terms of which came out first thanks

dxsxhxcx
05-06-2013, 08:57 PM
if you didn't like AC2 I doubt you'll like the others, but imo you should watch some gameplay footage on youtube and take your own conclusions...

ps: I suggest doing it without have AC1 in mind.

hlms-4896
05-06-2013, 08:59 PM
ps: I suggest doing it without have AC1 in mind.

that`s gonna be hard, since my dislike for ac2 is completely based on my love for ac1 :/

from what you`re saying, it doesnt sound like i may want continue this series

LoyalACFan
05-06-2013, 09:01 PM
The fights get a lot more fluid in the next installments, but the "grey" conflict never returns to the same heights of AC1. ACB had Cartoon Network villains again, ACR was a little better and AC3 was better still in this regard, but AC1 is still the most morally ambiguous.

Assassin_M
05-06-2013, 09:04 PM
You`re actually a lot more positive on AC II than i am...considering the title of your thread basically says that AC II was bad

BATISTABUS
05-06-2013, 09:05 PM
After AC1, every game will feel lacking in one way or another. There are things that are lost and gained, but I still feel like AC1 was the best overall. AC3 brings back the grey conflict in full-force (Revelations does this to a lesser extent) and has the best combat, but there are a slew of other issues. ACB feels possibly the most polished overall, but the combat is even easier and the Templars take black-and-white to a whole new level. You probably wouldn't enjoy Revelations much more...chances are, you'd be disappointed by the Altair bits, and the Ezio stuff isn't much different than Brotherhood (although the story and his motivations are pretty interesting).

For me, it's
1. AC1
2. AC3
3. ACB (partially because of multiplayer)
4. AC2
5. ACR (the game does plenty of things right, but the formula felt stale)

hlms-4896
05-06-2013, 09:09 PM
so far it sounds like nothing comes close to ac1 but the grey conflict and more smooth combat do freedom and planning return?or investigations?

Assassin_M
05-06-2013, 09:11 PM
so far it sounds like nothing comes close to ac1 but the grey conflict and more smooth combat do freedom and planning return?or investigations?

Ehehehe......heh....heh...the freedom is uhh..

Look just quit now :|

BATISTABUS
05-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Play Red Dead Redemption....haha.

silvermercy
05-06-2013, 09:30 PM
You should play them in order if you can. Even if you don't like them it would make sense just for story's sake I suppose...
You may belong in the category of fans who like AC1 but dislike AC2 and AC2:Brotherhood. But on the other hand, they like AC2:Revelations and AC3 more.

thecodeman715
05-06-2013, 09:59 PM
I personally feel AC2 was the best in the series, however I judge solely on story...

SixKeys
05-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Unfortunately the freedom to complete missions the way you want and the pre-assassination investigations are features that have been diminishing more and more with each game. In AC2 you still have some more freedom to complete missions however you want, but otherwise the story is much more fast-paced and cinematic. If you like historical settings and a good story, AC2 still has that, but if you're looking for a similar game experience with the same immersive atmosphere, I think you'll be disappointed.

AherasSTRG
05-06-2013, 11:25 PM

The combat in ACR and AC3 is majestic. Especially, in AC3, each combat sequence is better than the previous. As for freedom and planning... ugh... Look, in AC2, you get to be an assassin, but no much planning is involved. In ACB, you are mostly the head of the Assassin Brotherhood and you will feel that way. Revelations is a Hollywood production with explosions, a love story, betrayals and a beautiful scenery. Finally, AC3 is more about combat than stealth and assassination. All those are very very good games, widely getting great critics and awards, but... they do not manage to do what the first game did: MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE AN EXECUTIONER ASSASSIN. In fact, the investigation never returns and the freedom gradually diminishes in the story missions.
All of them are great games, by themselves, but they cannot be compared with the first game. My personal favourite is AC3.
All these things make us wonder: Since you got the formula, Ubisoft, why don't you use it again?
That's what the lead writer of AC4 says they are going to do with AC4. Only time will tell.

I suggest that you should play AC2 and AC3, but please, do not compare them to AC1. The first game was a whole different level.
Also, I suggest that you should post the same question in other gaming sites, if you want. That is because, here, we are mostly fans, and, you know, we whine and we cry a lot, like the proper fans we are...

xx-pyro
05-06-2013, 11:53 PM
I personally feel AC2 was the best in the series, however I judge solely on story...

AC2 had a good story?

projectpat06
05-07-2013, 02:10 AM
I say give AC3 a try and at least watch the videos/cutscenes from the other two games. Ac3 is an awesome open world game and although some of the assassinations are scripted, there are some open ones. For each recruit, you get side missions leading up to the assassination and you can go about those however u want. The first 3/4's of the story is good but the end gets rushed and ever bit of presentation of the story gets cut off by a score screen. It's a good game just different from AC1.

Brotherhood literally feels like a large dlc for 2 with a bunch of returning characters with the city of Rome not being that much fun IMO. Revelations has a much better city to explore, new fresh characters, and the use of recruits is better implemented.

You love open ended assassinations and freedom to execute your mission, try dishonored out. Possibly the best assassin game ever made when it comes to player freedom. And it's gorgeous

thecodeman715
05-07-2013, 02:38 AM
AC2 had a good story?

Amazing Story

Assassin_M
05-07-2013, 03:15 AM
Amazing Story
lolkidisagreethough

I-Like-Pie45
05-07-2013, 05:34 AM
I think Assassin's Creed 2 has the third best story in the series. :)

AC1=AC3 > ACR > AC2 >>>>>>>>>> Modern Day >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Plan 9 from Outer Space >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Star Wars Prequels >> Transformers 2 = ACB

ProletariatPleb
05-07-2013, 05:39 AM
Yeah it went 'appealing to a wider audience' (AKA we can CoD audience) after 1.

monster_rambo
05-07-2013, 06:27 AM
^+1 that. AC3, ACR, and ACB sucks. AC2 and AC1 was awesome. There, I corrected that for you.

Assassin_M
05-07-2013, 07:44 AM
^+1 that. AC3, ACR, and ACB sucks. AC2 and AC1 was awesome. There, I corrected that for you.
Do not put "Assassins Creed" and "Assassins Creed II" in the same sentence as "Awesome"

Assassins Creed shall not be stained by the inferior peasant known as Assassins Creed II

ProletariatPleb
05-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Do not put "Assassins Creed" and "Assassins Creed II" in the same sentence as "Awesome"

Assassins Creed shall not be stained by the inferior peasant known as Assassins Creed II
http://thatschurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/tumblr_maq77ecMHG1qejf6u.gif

roostersrule2
05-07-2013, 08:04 AM

Assassins Creed shall not be stained by the inferior peasant known as Assassins Creed IIGay.

Assassin_M
05-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Gay.
Great
Assassin
Youth

thank you

roostersrule2
05-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Great
Assassin
Youth

thank youNo,
Ho
mo
sexual.

Farlander1991
05-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Why does nobody use 'gay' in sense of 'happy' anymore?

ProletariatPleb
05-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Wait I got 3k posts and didn't even know YEY

roostersrule2
05-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Why does nobody use 'gay' in sense of 'happy' anymore?Because that's gay.

ProletariatPleb
05-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Great
Assassin
Youth

thank you
Clean up your PM space dammit.

Assassin_M
05-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Clean up your PM space dammit.
Done you woman

Dag_B
05-07-2013, 08:33 AM
No,
Ho
mo
sexual.
Nhms? I can't even say that. Needs more vocals.

misterB2001
05-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't get why every AC game HAS to show a morally grey divide between assassin's and Templars.

Each faction is an ideal to strive towards, some will follow to the letter, some won't. Some will use certain aspects of it for their own agenda, some won't.
Some Templars can be good, some assassins can be bad.

That's why I love this series, each story has the chance to depict different attitudes and beliefs.

Assassin_M
05-07-2013, 10:31 AM
I don't get why every AC game HAS to show a morally grey divide between assassin's and Templars.
Because Watching Mojo Jojo scream "GUARDS" every 5 minutes is Idiotic and stupid

ProletariatPleb
05-07-2013, 10:34 AM

Each faction is an ideal to strive towards, some will follow to the letter, some won't. Some will use certain aspects of it for their own agenda, some won't.

That's why I love this series, each story has the chance to depict different attitudes and beliefs.
because....that's supposed to be the core concept of the whole series?

That is EXACTLY what moral greyness is -_-

TheHumanTowel
05-07-2013, 11:01 AM
The next two games just follow the same formula while moving even further away from AC1's style of gameplay and the villains in either are pretty bad imo. ACR only has like two targets and they're both boring. So if you really disliked and couldn't enjoy AC2 I'd give them a miss. AC3 improves the story somewhat by bringing back some moral ambiguity between the assassins and the templars but the gameplay suffers. It's pretty ridiculous. Like 60% of gameplay has nothing to do with being an assassin. So don't expect AC3 to recapture AC1's type of gameplay. Also be aware the modern day story takes a dramatic nose dive in quality after ACB.

Bastiaen
05-07-2013, 04:27 PM
I love all these games, a lot. But AC2 is probably my least favorite. If I had to rank them:
1. AC3
2. ACB
3. ACR
4. AC1
5. AC2
I really don't like the combat in AC2. I felt like that was the weakest part of that game. The narrative was solid, and the setting was magnificent, but there were a few obnoxious flaws. I hated the animus effects when you swnig your sword. The first time I played the game, I found that to be really distracting.

Assassin_M
05-12-2013, 05:01 AM
Hey, where did this guy go ?? I actually liked him...this is a thread that deserves attention...

This isn't a bump alright ??

pirate1802
05-12-2013, 05:31 AM
This isn't a bump alright ??

It is.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-12-2013, 05:39 AM
i played ac1 last december and i fell in love with it. the setting, characters, intrigue and gameplay. sure it was repetitive, but it felt right. an assassin job is sorta repetitive, but then i got ac2. the cities were beautiful, ezio was great, but everything else was BAD. gone is the grey conflict, the intrigue, the investigation, the freedom, the difficulty and the smoothly flowing combat just why ?? that game could`v been as great or even better than ac1 it had it all beautiful setting, terrific ost, great character but it wasn't enough

i ask you guys, the hardcore fans, are the games after ac2 like this ? and which should i play first ?acbro or acrev? in terms of which came out first thanks

Assassins Creed brotherhood feels jus like Assassins Creed 2
Assassins Creed 3 is the most fluent and feels the msot natural in the series
and Assassins Creed revelations (to me) actually felt more like the original Assassins Creed. Maybe give it a shot. :)

ze_topazio
05-12-2013, 01:23 PM
People calling ACII a bad game and others agreeing.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_med6veIenp1rqt0kqo1_500.jpg

SaintPerkele
05-12-2013, 01:28 PM

http://cdn.sourcefednews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/bioshock.jpg

Assassin_M
05-12-2013, 06:31 PM
People calling ACII a bad game and others agreeing.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_med6veIenp1rqt0kqo1_500.jpg
A person less on this planet....it IS getting crowded..

Gi1t
05-12-2013, 06:53 PM

Because we Americans changed the meaning of that word to one referring to an aspect of sexual orientation or connotation (just like we do with almost every other word or phrase in our language because apparently we're too lazy to come up with real jokes.) XD

TinyTemplar
05-12-2013, 08:48 PM

Well, AC 3 got the real freedom if it is all you're doubting about. If you don't like AC 2 in general, you can easily continue from AC 3.

lothario-da-be
05-12-2013, 08:51 PM
I don't understand why people call ac2 bad, its very differint from ac1, but that doesn't mean you can't like it for what it is,

TinyTemplar
05-12-2013, 08:54 PM
I like AC 2 but I don't mind if someone doesn't share my taste.

Gi1t
05-13-2013, 12:32 AM
I don't understand why people call ac2 bad, its very differint from ac1, but that doesn't mean you can't like it for what it is,

Yeah, I can see how some of the trends it started became real problems later on when they became more pronounced, but the overall result of the game was quite good. A lot of the comments I've heard on it seem to be, while not unfounded, nowhere near as dramatic as they're said to be.

Dag_B
05-13-2013, 01:13 AM
It is as always. Some things are better, some worse and some are so different, that you can't really compare them.

But I'd also say, if one did not like AC2 skip Brotherhood and Revelations and maybe try AC3 instead. Or at least just borrow them somewhere first.
Brotherhood is a direct follow up for AC2, the gameplay and setting is very alike. I doubt someone who disliked AC2 completely would like Brotherhood.

I like all games but I do miss some aspects that AC had. Would be nice if those come back but I enjoy the series nevertheless.

inferno33222
05-13-2013, 01:54 AM
If by bad you mean amazing, then yes.

Gi1t
05-13-2013, 01:57 AM
It is as always. Some things are better, some worse and some are so different, that you can't really compare them.

But I'd also say, if one did not like AC2 skip Brotherhood and Revelations and maybe try AC3 instead. Or at least just borrow them somewhere first.
Brotherhood is a direct follow up for AC2, the gameplay and setting is very alike. I doubt someone who disliked AC2 completely would like Brotherhood.

I like all games but I do miss some aspects that AC had. Would be nice if those come back but I enjoy the series nevertheless.

I liked AC2 a lot and I didn't even like Brotherhood. XD

It seems like people who didn't like AC2 because of Ezio liked AC3 better and people who disliked it for other reasons tend to prefer AC1.

Soulid_Snake
05-13-2013, 03:18 AM
I like AC 2 but I don't mind if someone doesn't share my taste.

Alot of people share your taste, believe me.