PDA

View Full Version : Far cry 3 Blood Dragon Crashes during gameplay

jackal313
05-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Anyone else got this problem,after a wile the game freezes and i have to reboot the pc.Can you help me?

Jarek4Gaming
05-04-2013, 08:09 PM
I have a very similar issue. This game crashes ALL THE TIME. My pc doesn't need to reboot but that's because nvidia drivers fail and recover other wise I would. They definitely need to patch this game and/or drivers. It's not even playable right now.

DrJiaJohn
05-05-2013, 12:26 AM
Same here, the game freezes every few minutes and after playing sporadically for 3 days, I've only been able to get past the first checkpoint. When it freezes, I can't even Ctrl + Alt + Del; my mouse cursor becomes invisible.

Jarek4Gaming
05-05-2013, 12:57 AM
I'd like to point out putting your PC to windows basic mode definitely helps lower the crashes. Doesn't fix it though.

neonight2
05-05-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm having issues, too. After ~30 minutes of playing, the screen turns a solid color (I've had both black and blue) and neither the task manager or ctrl+alt+del work. The audio continues to play, but I have to restart my computer entirely. I'm using an i5 3570k and an HD 7870. I've tried both the latest stable drivers and the latest beta drivers, but neither sets seem to fix the issue. Of course, with the whole "you can't save while you're in a mission" thing, I've managed to lose about 75% of the progress made over the past few days.

vilmanbcv1
05-05-2013, 11:18 AM
We shold inform them while they are doing patches ...http://gawab.anvtech.com/4.jpg

artek3000
05-08-2013, 01:10 AM
I've been having the same crashes issues during gameplay, launching the game with admin right didn't solved anything, hope they'll come up quick with a patch.

artek3000
05-08-2013, 01:47 AM
I've been having the same crashes issues during gameplay, launching the game with admin right didn't solved anything, hope they'll come up quick with a patch.

charlesot8
05-08-2013, 03:03 AM
I hope you are proud of yourselves.http://gawab.anvtech.com/4.jpg

Handwipe
05-08-2013, 01:17 PM
I had the same problem as all you guys, crashing constantly, until I closed Coretemp. I also tried running Realtemp with instant crash. Without running either in the background I just finished playing 3 hrs solid with no crashes. Hope this helps.

AlmightyBub
05-08-2013, 02:28 PM
It'll never be fixed they refuse to even acknowledge the problems

pulley999
05-26-2013, 01:12 AM
I could play the game for about 3 minutes on minimum with my GTX 260 Black Edition from XFX running on driver version 260.99 (because this is the only driver version that runs Source, along with many other things, stable on this card) before dropping to an EXTREME framestutter, waiting about 3 minutes for the game to pre-render and display about 20 frames, rinse and repeat after that point. After upgrading my drivers to 314.22, which I was really hesitant to do because nothing else is stable with 314.22 using this card, but lo and behold the time period before stuttering actually INCREASED to 15 minutes, and many frustrating bugs with AO and lighting effects disappeared.

The thing that REALLY fixed the issue, though, was using the DXTory trial to lock my framerate at 30. I only had one crash after my 8-hour play session that followed (because DXTory crashed, not the game), and none afterword. It seems the game just pushes the GFX card too hard to meet whatever arbitrary framerate it has been assigned to reach. Also note VSync did not help.

SYSTEM SPECS (might be useful):
Asus P8P67 PRO
Intel Core i7 2600k@3.4~3.8 GHZ
16GB (4x4) Corsair VENGANCE RAM
XFX GTX 260 Black Edition
And some really **** generic, bottom-of-the-barrel SATA WD hard drive pulled out of a 2002 Dell.

I really hope this helped at least one person, the game is actually fun once you can play it stable for more than an hour, it's possible to really get lost in it just for all the silliness.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Please ensure you are contacting Technical Support about this, the link is in my signature.

Not only can they troubleshoot with you but they can also collect data which will aid them.

GreenHawk84
06-03-2013, 02:54 AM
Please ensure you are contacting Technical Support about this, the link is in my signature.

Not only can they troubleshoot with you but they can also collect data which will aid them.

I have a support ticket but today is Sunday so I wont hear for a couple days maybe. I have been playing the game since launch and eventually the game freezes and notifies me it has stopped working. I have used 314 and now 320 drivers on my GTX580 SLi cards. Other games run totally fine on the system so I think something is going on with Blood Dragon.

fragmental
06-13-2017, 12:00 AM
Try borderless mode.