PDA

View Full Version : Bug - Stuck on 'Tracking' Screen

earthprime
05-03-2013, 08:13 PM
I haven't yet played the game because its stuck on the initial 'Tracking' screen. The 'tracking' bar is moving and sits forever, never loading in-game. Doing a Google search and looking on the STEAM forums I see several others have the same issue. The proposed fix to validate STEAM files DOESN'T resolve the issue. I've also experienced this with Far Cry 3, where the initial butterfly loading screen sits forever. There are no Firewall or Anti-virus notifications - I'm not running a Firewall and only have Spybot installed right now.

My Specs:

Windows 7 64-bit
24GB RAM 1600 mhz
Intel i7
GTX 580

earthprime
05-03-2013, 10:35 PM
This may be caused by a delay in connecting to the UBI servers. But how can an end-user troubleshoot (or fix this) if it consecutively happens? Is there any kind of debug tool available from developers?

DapperHayden007
05-04-2013, 12:12 AM
I had this on my PS3 version of the game, I am re-installing it now to see if that works :(

earthprime
05-04-2013, 02:25 AM
RESOLVED ?? I put UPLAY in offline mode, launched the game through STEAM, hit ALT + TAB to make it windowed mode, walked away for 5 minutes, when I came back it was at the title screen.

BWX232
05-04-2013, 02:37 AM
That happened to me one too, last night.

I had to ctrl-alt-delete out of it. I noticed my router lights were going nuts, and then stopping.

I imagine that the game couldn't connect to Ubi servers for some reason or another (not on my end), and it ended up freezing the game. I restarted it after that, and after a VERY long wait on the screen, it finally loaded up. Something is definitely screwy with that, as I never have any problems with any other games, including FC3 or any other STEAM game or Origin game, or any other service connecting and starting just fine.

earthprime
05-04-2013, 03:08 AM
Yea, UBI servers can't handle the load from users logging in. The problem will go away as people stop playing the game over time and server demand lightens. I'm willing to bet UBI knows about this issue, and judging by the silence in the forums they're laying low until the issue naturally resolves itself.

musketman09
05-04-2013, 07:22 AM
Annoying not really a bug but the interaction detection is kinda off you have to walk balk and forth to get it to work.
PC-ultra settings
GTX 660ti
8Gb DDR3
AMD FX 6 core 3.7GHz

DapperHayden007
05-04-2013, 11:33 AM
I re-installed the game, waited a few mins on the tracking screen and it finally loaded :)

bAdCyphox
05-11-2013, 03:31 AM
same problem here, either it freezes after 30 sec and i have to kill the exe, or if it doesnt freeze i have to wait about 10 minutes till the game finally starts